• 締切済み

英文で質問があります。

(1)At first, the deprivation of having no one to talk with upon subjects that most deeply interested me seemed all but unbearable, but as I became acquainted I made the surprising discovery – I made it again and again in later life – that if I talked with the men and woman I met casually about things that interested them, if I drew them out, I often discovered unexpected riches of character or experience, sometimes the most delightful or amusing oddities or absurdities. (2)Every human being has a story in him – how he has come to be what he is, how he manages, after all, to live, just to live. これらの英文の訳を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9712/12079)
回答No.1

(1) 初めのころは、私が大いに関心を抱く話題について話しあう人が誰もいないという喪失感が私にとってはほとんど耐えられないと思われました。しかし、知り合いになるにしたがって、私は驚くべき発見をしました―それは私の後半生で何度も何度もありました―すなわち、もし偶然に出会った男性や女性が興味を持つことについて話あいをし、もし私が彼らの気持をほぐして話しやすくすると、私はしばしば予期しない性格や経験の豊かさを発見し、また時々はこの上なく喜ばしいあるいは楽しい滑稽とかおかしげな(ばかばかしい)事柄を発見するのでした。 (2) すべての人間は、自己の内部に物語を持っています―その人がいかにして現在あるようになったか、その人が紆余曲折の後いかにして生活を、そう、単なる生活をやりくりしているか―という物語を持っているのです。

関連するQ&A

• 下記英文について質問があります

What was it that made the collection of Gamelan instruments so appealing to you? The fact that I had never played any of them before.Knowing that I would not see a collection like that in too many places made it really easy to decide to work with them. I think because I was so unfamiliar with the instruments it allowed me to approach them in a very unbiased way. To treat them purely as sound objects without the weight of tradition or set of rules about how to play them. Probably much to the horror of Gamelan traditionalists out there … Q1 Knowing that I would not see a collection like that in too many places made it really easy to decide to work with them. この文章の構造がわかりません。Knowingは動名詞ですよね。だとしたら、このknowingを受ける動詞はどれになりますか?madeでしょうか? Knowing made it really easy to decide to work with them. これで、knowing that~は、that以下を「知る事」は、ガムランを弾いてみるという決断を容易にした。 しかし、that以下がどうもピンと来ません・・・。 無理矢理直訳すると、「多くの場所であのようなコレクションを見た事がなかったと知る事は、them(ガムラン)を弾いてみるという決断を容易にした。」となりますが・・・。何も知らないからこそ、知りたいという欲求が沸いてきたということを言いたいのでしょうか? Q2 I think because I was so unfamiliar with the instruments it allowed me to approach them in a very unbiased way. このセンテンスのallowedはどう訳出しますか? Q3 Probably much to the horror of Gamelan traditionalists out there … このセンテンスの意味がわかりません。 Muchは名詞ですか?  The horror of Gamelan traditionalistsというのはガムランの伝統主義者の憎悪。ですか? つまり、この人は完全にガムランをオリジナルな扱い方をしたので、こう言っているのかと。 この文章の構造がわかりません。Knowingは動名詞ですよね。 無理矢理直訳すると、「多くの場所であのようなコレクションを見た事がなかったと知る事は、them(ガムラン)を弾いてみようという決断に至るのが簡単にした。」となりますが・・・。 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 意味の分かりにくい英文です

"The world knows nothing of its greatest men." That may be true, but how can we tell? If we know nothing about them, we cannot tell whether they were great. But there is a good chance that, by the time the world knows about them, they will have ceased to be great. A man usually does his best work just before he is found out. If he has done anything very well, there is a conspiracy to prevent him from doing it again. He becomes a celebrity, and the lion-hunters give him no peace. It must be owned that sometimes he likes it. 上記で、But there is a good chance that, by the time the world knows about them, they will have ceased to be great. If he has done anything very well, there is a conspiracy to prevent him from doing it again. It must be owned that sometimes he likes it. などが特によく理解出来ません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします

長文で恐縮ですが、 英文の和訳をお願いします。 He will attract money. He has little understanding of the depth of human greed cupidity and envy, jealousy. He is weak willed where friendships or illicit unions are concerned, the combination will bring about his rune. Not everyone will understand his motives and will think he is only concerned with pleasure and falls victim to it, for he has a sense of gaiety, fun, and independence or unconventionality, but it is also circumstance, not shallowness or weakness that place her in difficult relationships. Unfortunate or foolish in human relationships or marriage. But in other area s of life successful. He can brighten up drab days and difficult surroundings and likes to add color to life, he has much energy that way, but will help others and will do them with no great fuss or bother, and won't expect praise or recognition. For this reason he has many good qualities but they tend to get taken for granted, while his minor falls from grace get noticed..

• 英文を訳してください。

He doesn’t say anything, but there is sadness in his eyes as he turns them upon(to) the sad remains of what he had made with such pride. ↑ upon でもtoでも良いみたいです。 前の文を省略していますが、分かりますか?

• 英文訳詞教えてください!

ebayでアイテムを日本に発送してくれるかについて質問したのですが、 以下のような回答が届きました。 I HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING YOU AN ITEM BUT THE SHIPPING COSTS WOULD BE ABOUT DOUBLE ARE YOU GOING TO PAY WITH PAYPAL OR MONEY ORDER I NEED YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN FIND OUT HOW MUCH IT WILL COST TO SHIP THIS ITEM TO YOU AND A EMAIL ADDRESS CAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU A PICTURE OF ALL OF THE FRISCHS THAT I HAVE BECAUSE YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN BUYING THEM THANKS LES 最後の文の絵を送りたいとゆう意味がよく分からないのですが、 どなたか英語が得意な方がいましたら教えてください! よろしくお願い致します!

• 翻訳希望

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? ご指摘大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He is good with children and animals, he can take charge of them and has a particular understanding of them. He can amuse and entertain children, and becomes more extrovert and dramatic when playing with them or talking to them. He will exaggerate and put on a show. He will be a happy and generous father or uncle to any children he has. Though they may not see him as he is, just the act he puts on for them. In the past your partner would have had romances in his life, that will have seemed to set his soul on fire. But you will be his most important, his greatest and deepest love of all time. He will feel proud to be with you.

• 次の英文を日本語にしてください。

Well, I thought language exchange would be fun! I don't know, I guess I thought there were more interesting people on that website. I was wondering why me of all people. Lol Just curious, sorry. この文章と A lunch box with the group "Shonentai"  That is how I was first introduced to them. この文章をお願いします。 That is how I was first introduced to them

• 英文のチェック

英語の勉強をしていますが、作文については、正誤が良くわからないので、下記について、間違え、一般的な表現などについて指摘願います。 文法的な解釈もあると助かります。 We have received short-term overseas student again. She’s also nice girl. I wonder all of them are good. But I found out that it was wrong by taking them a first look. Actually she’s polite, cheer and sociable. So she often speaks to us and it gives us abandon life. I’m afraid I’m not good at English well, and it has prevented us deeper communication. I have plenty of my stories I want to talk with her. It hasn’t reached up to even 50 percent. My speaking skill is the best in my English skill, but I was not able to have spoken many things than I had expected. It seems that I have to consider how to take an online English conversation lesson. But how should I do?

• 英文の意味の取り方を教えてください

The great man is too often all of a piece; it is the little man that is a bundle of contradictory elements. He is inexhaustible. You never come to the end of the surprises he has in store for you. For my part I would much sooner spend a month on a desert island with a veterinary surgeon than with a prime minister. (The Summing Up by W. S Maugham) 最初に出てくる"The great man is too often all of a piece."について質問があります。 偉大な人間はあまりにしばしば断片のすべてである・・・・・? *ここはどうやって意味をとればよいのでしょうか? 断片を統合したような人物、という感じですか? *また、too oftenのところがわからないのですが、 The great man is all of a piece.にするのとどういうニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? 以下は前文です。 *************** I have been more concerned with the obscure than with the famous. They are more often themselves. They have had no need to create a figure to protect themselves from the world or to impress it. Their idiosyncrasies have had more chance to develop in the limited circle of their activity, and since they have never been in the public eye it has never occurred to them that they have anything to conceal. They display their oddities because it has never struck them that they are odd. And after all it is with the common run of men that we writers have to deal; kings, dictators, commercial magnates are from our point of view very unsatisfactory. To write about them is a venture that has often tempted writers, but the failure that has attended their efforts shows that such beings are too exceptional to form a proper ground for a work of art. They cannot be made real. The ordinary is the writer's richer field. Its unexpectedness, its singularity, its infinite variety afford unending material.

• よろしくお願いします

I have beautiful candy dishes for everyday use and for all the holidays. I love to fill them with expensive candy for looks. I don't have them all over the house. They're just in the living room and dining room. I don't keep them out all the time, but when I do put them out and fill them, I want the candy to stay. However, my husband just can't get it. I have treats in the cupboards and freezer for him, so he isn't ignored. He can have all he wants when I decide to change candy or put away the dishes, but he is always in the candy dishes. Another problem is that I have to hide goodies from him, or he will eat it all in no time. I will put candy, cookies and snacks in the freezer for our grandsons or company. he is always in the candy dishes.の訳をよろしくお願いします。あと、ここでのcompanyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします