• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:教えてください(新聞記事))

Australia's Frustrating Loss and the Challenges Ahead

farsideの回答

• farside
  • ベストアンサー率41% (23/55)
回答No.1

まずは質問ですが、原文では a match でなくて the game ではなかったでしょうか? (the play off game) 記事の概要は、 闘志を失ったオーストラリヤのフットボールのチームの話ですね。 昨夜のゲームに負けたオーストラリア・チームは、まだ決勝戦があるのに、主将ポール・オクロンや、マスコットのストライカー、ジョン・アロイシ選手などはその試合を待たずに、家族の結婚式に参列するためにいち早く帰国してしまうし、クレーグ・モ-ア選手は違反で試合禁止、欠場するはめになっているわけです。これがチームの現在の立場です (1)the position 残った選手達は長いヨーロッパのロード戦で疲労こんぱい、モラルは低下、フットボールには嫌気がしていて、もう一刻も早く家族や友達のもとに返りたい。コーチがいくら頭をひねって、全力をあげて叱咤激励しても、選手達の闘志を甦らせるのはちょっとムズかしい。 ところが、オーストラリア・チームは Confederation Cup の優勝候補だったわけです。みんなチームの勝利を期待していた。 その優勝を逃してしまった. (記事は自業自得をヒントしてますよね) this = Confederation Cup (の勝利)  got away = 逃ていった そういうわけで新聞記事の締めくくりは、 チームがこんな羽目になってしまったのはまことに残念だ。確かの優勝を逃してしまった。  

finetoothcomb
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 (1)質問文の誤記訂正  *すみません、質問投稿後に発見した誤記を訂正します。domoralised→demoralised, mis→miss, Jhon→John  *あと、記事前後の"…"は部分には文章の存在があります。段落付けは記事のままです。 (2)補足要求に対する答え  *>a match でなくて the game ではなかったでしょうか?   *これは誤記ではなくて、見返したら原文も a match でした。 (3)回答に対する感想  *まず"the position" について:  ご回答で、ある程度、なるほど、と思えてきました。  つまり以下の如き理解をしました。"the position"="チームのこんな悪い現状"=   =(a)主力が帰国(b)主力が次試合出場停止(c)欧州ツアー(←?そういうのがあったの?)後で疲労   (d)コーチによる激励効果も期待薄(e)3位4位決定戦に出るとの屈辱  *次にthis was without doubt the one that got away (*1)について:  今ひとつ、疑問が氷解する感じに到達しませんでした。  仰るように、「this = Confederation Cup (の勝利), got away = 逃ていった」 とすると、  for を訳しにくく、なりませんでしょうか? forの存在理由が不明になるような。。。  farsideさん訳も、for の訳出の扱いに困っている感じを受けましたが、そんなことはないですか? 

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願いします!

日本語に訳していただけませんか? 宜しくお願いします。 Neptune can cause secret plots and conspiracies against you. Especially in family It could be that his family may try to turn him against you. Conspiracies in love and romantic matters. These made behind your back by others. You need to be careful whom to trust, and to beware of what goes on around you. Inwardly you may sense this, sense something going on, and live in dread of some vague unknown danger. But there will be two sides to his family character. They may pretend to be one kind of person but will be the exact opposite in private. With this Neptune aspect things will be confusing, but you must have faith in fate. This relationship will be characterized by peculiar circumstances, and experiences, that you will seem to have no option but to submit to and accept. But All things work together for the good. It is difficult to believe this sometimes. But maintain confidence in this belief, that all things will conspire in the end to the good, and also know that you can influence the same, towards a desired end.

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です But ultimately what the decision will be, given the fact current government is a lot closer to Sunni Arab system, and both the Sunni Arabs and Americans want the same thing, they will probably decide on the side of dropping Iran," said Ozal. "But they may want extract a lot of concessions in return." (1)whatについて このwhatは前にit isが省略されている形、という考え方なのでしょうか?どうしても文頭にwhatがくるとそれの動詞を探してしまいますがこの場合 what(the decision will be) given the fact(that) current…のようにwhatに対する動詞がないように見えます。しかしit isでも少し変な気もします。。。。これはどういう風に考えるのでしょうか? (2)But they may want extract a lot of concessions in return.について このextractはto extractではないのでしょうか? 原形不定詞?と呼ばれるものなのかもしれませんが何故そうなるのかよくわかりません。。。 お願いします。。。

• 教えてください(新聞記事2)

…  Despite torrential rain tha fell throughout the game, the Soccerroos totally dominated their opponents for large chunks, creating chances and stretching the Japanese to the limit.  They were particularly outstanding during a first half (*2)in which Japanese goalkeeper Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi was forced to make three crucial saves, none better than in the 38th minute off Steve Corica.  In a glorious display of skill and deception, Corica waltzed past two defenders into the box and found himself with only the goalkeeper to beat.  Somehow, Kawaguchi got off his line (*3) in time to turn the point-blank shot from eight meters around the right post for a corner (*4) from which a mad scramble and two goal-line clearances (*5) prevented the visitors from opening the scoring. … The Australian (新聞), June 8, 2001, (Confederations Cup日豪戦翌日,直前の質問の引用から続く部分) (*2) a first half はなぜa なのか。 (*3) get off? his line? 今ひとつ解釈が確定できません。 (*4) 構造は? to turn the.. shot... for a corner? a cornerを コーナーキックと解釈しましたが。turnに関して、turn....for...という用例が見つからないので不安です。そもそも構造の解釈が違うのかな? (*5) 構造は 1 scramble + 2 learances 。試合を見ていないのですが、「川口がはじいてゴールライン割→一回目のコーナーキック→ゴール前でごたごたスクラブル後ディフェンダにクリアされゴールライン越え→二回目のコーナーキック→ごたごたなしにあっさりクリアされゴールライン越」という意?そうなら三回目のコーナキックがあるはずだし。よりすっきりした解釈がありましたら教えてください。 回答の論拠も教えて頂けますと幸いです。

• 英字新聞

A desktop machine with the ultra-large capacity DVD drive will also be added to the Vaio family of PCs in June. この文章を英字新聞の(Who,did,what)のパターンにわけた時 Who = A desktop machine did = will also be added what = to the Vaio family PCs このwhatの部分にtoも含むんでしょうか それとも whatの部分は the Vaio family PCsだけなんでしょうか??

• 英作文をしたのですが自信がありません。文法等の添削、内容についてのアド

英作文をしたのですが自信がありません。文法等の添削、内容についてのアドバイスをお願いします。 In recent years, there has been a lot of argument of having classes on Saturdays in elementary schools in Japan. A five-day school week started as a part of the new education system known as “yutori education” and these days it has been argued that we should do away with this system as soon as possible. But this system shouldn’t be abolished for following 3 reasons. First, it helps children to get communication ability. In Japanese elementary school, they usually don’t have discussions in the classes. They only listen to the teachers speaking at their desk, having little time to have interactive communications. It obviously prevents children from getting communication ability. But if Saturday is a holiday, they will have a lot of time to spend with their friends and families, and have a lot of time to have interactive communications. Actually, in my childhood I used to go a park to play catch with my father on Saturdays and talked a lot with him. There is no doubt that it has great effects on communication ability to talk a lot with friends and families. And it also prompts children to be independent. In school, they do only things that the teachers say to do. But when they graduate, no one tells them what to do. They have to find what to do on their own. If Saturday is a holiday, they will have more chance to know themselves, and to think about what they should do, that is, to be independent. In addition, apart from the educational problems, it will bring us economic effectiveness. If it is holiday on Saturdays, more people will go traveling with their family, and spend a lot of money on their way. Even if you don’t go traveling, we will have more chance to spend money to have pleasure. Actually, after playing catch I used to go to batting center with my father on Saturdays. There is no doubt that we use more money if children are at home than if they are in school.

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My daughter has announced that she and her husband will not be doing any more family holidays after this year. They are going to travel instead. She said she is tired of all the drama and guilt trips. She specifically called out my “dictatorship adherence to the actual day instead of spirit” because I asked her to drive down Christmas Eve after they both got off their shifts. She said以下の全文和訳をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband is a high-ranking officer in the military. He has worked hard to achieve his current position and is highly respected. The problem is, his family treats him like a child. In a few months, there will be a formal ceremony to mark his change of command. My in-laws will be in attendance, and they are certain to embarrass him. They insist on calling him by his unusual childhood nickname (he cringes every time). They talk down to him and give him gifts meant for children, such as books for teen boys (last Christmas), a small child's backpack (last birthday) and now a child's piggy bank, which they intend to present to him in front of his unit at the ceremony. These gifts are not intended as jokes. My husband is always gracious on the outside but horrified on the inside. Is there some way to remind his family that he is indeed an adult and has certainly earned the right to be treated like one? -- Proud Military Spouse Dear Spouse: It is difficult to change ingrained behavior without the cooperation of all the people involved. Your husband apparently has determined that the best way to handle his parents is to leave things as they are. That is his choice. While we appreciate your desire to be supportive and protective, you might also be adding to his stress because your reaction is one of anger and embarrassment. one of anger and embarrassmentのoneは何を指しているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Tom Waitsの曲の和訳をお願いします。

Tom Waits の The one that got awayという曲の歌詞を日本語に訳していただけませんか? 歌詞はこちらです。 Well, the gigolo's jumpin' salty Ain't no trade out on the streets Half past the unlucky And the hawk's a front row seat Dressed in full orchestration Stage door Johnny's got to pay And sent him home Talking 'bout the one that got away Well, could've been on Easy Street Could've been a wheel With irons in the fire And all them business deals But the last of the big time losers Shouted before he drove away I'll be right back as soon as I crack The one that got away The ambulance drivers, they don't give a shit They just want to get off work And the short stop And the victim already gone berserk And the shroud tailor measures him For a deep six holiday The stiff is froze, the case is closed On the one that got away Now Jim Crow's directing traffic With them cemetery blues With them peculiar looking trousers Them old Italian shoes And a wooden kimono was all ready To drop in San Francisco Bay But he's mumbling something All about the one that got away Costello was the champion At the St.Moritz Hotel And the best this side of Fairfax Reliable sources tell But his reputation is at large And he's at Ben Frank's every day Waiting for the one that got away He's got a snake skin sport shirt And he looks like Vincent Price With a little piece of chicken And he's carving off a slice But someone tipped her off She'll be doing a Houdini now any day She shook his hustle A Greyhound bus'll take the one that got away Andre is at the piano Behind the Ivar in the sewers With a buck a shot for pop tunes And a fin for guided tours He could've been in Casablanca He stood in line out there all day Now he's spilling whiskey And learning songs about a one that got away Well, I've lost my equilibrium And my car keys and my pride The tattoo parlor's warm And so I hustle there inside And the grinding of the buzz-saw "What you want that thing to say?" I says, "Just don't misspell her name Buddy, she's the one that got away" どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• この英文の意味を訳してください

I also look after everything local I either Scouts a direct and delegate the games they got to, to be nice to feel one of the lads make it because when I was fourteen there was nothing like this. この意味を教えてください