• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いいたします。

どなたか、英語が得意な方、和訳をお願いいたします。 But after the 1940's, as pneumatic blondes blew up and gender roles were re- established, she didn't often find the film roles that suited her cool, steady gaze. The movies couldn't see it, but she was born to go quip to quip, curled lip to lip, with a man.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.2

>But after the 1940's, as pneumatic blondes blew up and gender roles were re- established, she didn't often find the film roles that suited her cool, steady gaze. The movies couldn't see it, but she was born to go quip to quip, curled lip to lip, with a man. 「しかし1940年代が終わりを告げると、曲線美の金髪女性が台頭し始め、セクシーな役どころが見直されたこともあって、ローレン・バコールはそのクールな上目遣いにぴったりの映画の役が見つからないことがよくあったのである。映画の中の彼女からはそうとは見受けられないかもしれないが、彼女は生まれながら軽口をたたき、唇に笑みを浮かべて男とやって行ける女性であった。」 *ローレン・バコールの死去を悼んで 以上、参考になれば幸いです。

kikansha55
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございましたm(_)m よくローレンバコールってわかりましたね@@

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> But after the 1940's, as pneumatic blondes blew up and gender roles were re- established, she didn't often find the film roles that suited her cool, steady gaze. The movies couldn't see it, but she was born to go quip to quip, curled lip to lip, with a man.  しかし1940年代以降はグラマラスなブロンド美人がもてはやされる風潮が廃れて、男女の役割というものが見直され、彼女のクールな眼差しにふさわしい作品の出会うことはほとんどなくなった。映画の中では見せなかったものの、彼女は本来は男性と、男女の立場の違いはそのままに、冗談を言い合ったりするような性格の持ち主だった。

kikansha55
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございましたm(_)m

関連するQ&A

• 中学英語 適する語について

She tried ( find ) her dog, but she couldn't. to find  で合ってますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

But she wouldn’t kill Katrina if she knew she was pregnant I don’t think, and they will have to announce that she is soon! よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

You won't be able to defeat me. But, you want to show your girlfriend that you're cool? OK!Bring it on, boy!

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• 英語の和訳、文にならない

If this were not your friend telling you the story,but some stranger sitting next to you on the bus,who couldn't make you understand that he or she had been to the dentist,you might be inclined to move to another seat. の文なのですが、仮定法を用いていたり、関係代名詞やthatの修飾等の概要はわかるのですが 文構造と訳の細かい部分がわからないのですが協力願います。 If this were not your friend telling you the story 「もし、あなたの友達があなたにその話をしていなければ」 but some stranger sitting next to you on the bus,who couldn't make you understand that he or she had been to the dentist 「(しかし?)バスであなたの隣に座っている見知らぬ人が歯医者に行ったことをあなたにわかってもらえない」 you might be inclined to move to another seat. 「あなたは、別の座席へ移動したくなるかもしれない」 と、このような部分訳をしてみたのですが、うまく文になりません あと、気になる点は、仮定法の否定形なのでbut~は順接的な繫がりになるのだろうか?など

• ざっくり和訳していただけると助かります

I love tracking and delivery confirmation, but signing in Chicago is problematic (work) and the post here is terrible to deal with...if a signature could be avoided but still have tracking and delivery confirmation I would really appreciate that. No problem if that isn't possible, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask.

• at once...but alsoの意味

at once....and~で...でもあり、~でもあるという意味ですが、 at once...but alsoも同じ意味と考えていいのでしょうか? Eg. the gender roles assigned to women werre becoming at once more constrained but also more visible and more politicized

• 和訳おねがいします

1.”What's that song you're listening to?"  ”You don't know? It's 'Yesterday' by the Beatles. You must've heard it before!” 2.I couldn't help worrying about her health because she looked pale.

• 英文和訳の問題です

英語の問題で分からないものがあります 答えが無いのと体調がすぐれない為 思う様に進める事が出来ません どなたかお力添えを頂け入ると助かります 次の英文を日本語に訳しなさい  ・ What did you go there for ?  ・ I couldn’t but laugh .     ・ There is no telling when the next earthquake will occur .  ・ I have been to the station to see her off .  ・ I got used to living alone . 恐縮ですが 解説等もご記入抱けると助かります 宜しくお願い致します。

• 和訳を教えてください

When my girlfriend "Claire" and I moved in together, we split the chores down the middle. It seemed fair to me at the time but -- despite rejigs to the list -- Claire always seems to feel shortchanged. She says it isn't fair that she has chores she hates (laundry) while I do stuff (cooking) I enjoy. we split the chores down the middle. It seemed fair to me at the time but -- despite rejigs to the list -- Claire always seems to feel shortchanged.の和訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします