The Ramen Database: Mapping Japan for Noodle Lovers

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover how a former student finds his tiring job as a salesman a pleasure with the help of the Ramen Database.
  • Learn about the great achievement of the Ramen Database in mapping every noodle shop in Japan.
  • Find out why the narrator feels a connection and jealousy towards his former student who gets to enjoy more ramen.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

ワンセンテンスだけ教えてください。

A few weeks ago, I met a former student who is now a salesman. He travels all over Tokyo to meet clients. I asked him how he survived such a tiring job running all over the city every day. He admitted it was tough, but he said his job was made easy, in fact a pleasure, because of one thing: the Ramen Database. The great achievement of the Ramen Database is to map the entire country -- for ramen! Every noodle shop in the entire country is on there. Because I am also a fanatic about ramen, when my student told me he used the site almost every day, I felt like I had found a brother. I also felt jealous he gets to eat more ramen than I do. We both appreciated how fantastic it is to know the entire length of Japan is mapped for one of our favorite experiences. この最後の文だけ意味が正確につかめません。 it はto以下を表し、それが素晴らしいということだと思います。 「私たちは二人とも高く評価した、日本全体が・・・・・のためマッピングされていると知ってすばらしいと」 ・・・・の部分もうまく訳せません。 どなたか解説をお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> We both appreciated how fantastic it is to know the entire length of Japan is mapped for one of our favorite experiences.  one of our favorite experiences → to eat more ramen であろうと思われます。  → 多くのラーメン店を食べ歩きするという趣味を持つ我々にとって、地図の上で日本全国のラーメン店の場所をチェックできるというのは、この上なくありがたいことである

joy1995
質問者

お礼

なるほど意味が通じますよね。 とても参考になります。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• oignies
  • ベストアンサー率20% (673/3354)
回答No.3

回答の別ヴァージョン ラーメンを食べ歩く趣味をかなえることができるように列島全域のラーメン屋を地図上に表示したものが利用できたらどんなにいいだろうとふたりでいいあった。 できたらいいよねのニュアンスですが、できるようになったらいいよね、に近いかと思います。原文が時制についてはあいまいなおで訳もどちらともとれるようあいまいに訳しました。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

別訳もありがとうございます。 とても参考になりました!

• oignies
  • ベストアンサー率20% (673/3354)
回答No.1

わたしたちは、日本列島全域について、ラーメン店の場所を地図にしるすという私たちの趣味が達成されたなら素敵だねといいあった。 という意味です。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

参考にさせていたいます。 いつも回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• It for to 構文の書き換えについて

お世話になります。 下記、A.B.C. は全て同じ意味で文法的にも間違いはないと考えてよろしいでしょうか。 A. It is not possible for me to do that entire job in one day. (私がこの仕事を一日で全部するのは不可能だ) B. It is not possible that I do that entire job in one day. C. For me, it is possible to do that entire job in one day. また、過去形で表現する場合には下記、D.E.は文法上問題はありませんでしょうか? D.It was not possible for me to do that entire job in one day. E. It was not possible for me doing that entire job one day. 意味上はto doとdoingの違いで未来を意識した話か過去や進行中の話かの違いがあると推察しています(間違っている場合はご指摘ください) 以上、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 分詞構文の主語を教えてください。

Even though Japan is perhaps the most obsessively mapped country in the world, the ramen database feels as much practical necessity as obsession. Japanese cities are hard to navigate, and before the database, some of the best ramen places could only be found by accident or word of mouth. Thanks to the site, favorite ramen shops are now much, much easier to find, making the country a little bit more transparent, and a lot less hungry. この文についての質問です。 Thanks to the site, favorite ramen shops are now much, much easier to find, making the country a little bit more transparent, and a lot less hungry. making~は分詞構文と解釈しています。 この主語はthe site だと思うのですが、文の成り立ちがピンときません。 従来の分詞構文の作り方に当てはまらない気がします。勝手な思い込みかもしれません。 解説よろしくお願いします。

• that節の意味

文中のthat節の意味がうまくとれません。the entire country is behind him は、挿入句的な扱いなのでしょうか?和訳と併せて、文法の解説もお願い致します。 Waving the flag as a whole country sends a message to the world and to the American President that the entire country is behind him and whatever he wants to do.

• この英語通じるでしょうか

考えて考えて作った文章ですがとても自信がないので 添削願えないでしょうか。 すみませんが、宜しくお願いします。 I know **. I have junior high school student's younger brother. He is crazy about ** now. It is terrible to sing the song of **. It is wonderful. It wishes a lot of chances for the field of activity to expand fast and to be able to be gotten. I am assisting from Japan. It is really glad to like Japan. My photograph is a Cinderella castle of the night. It is Tokyo Disneyland. **知ってます 私の弟が中学生で、彼が**ハマッてます。 **の歌を歌っているなんてすごい!素晴らしいです!! どんどん活躍のフィールドが広げて 沢山のチャンスをゲット出来ることを願っています。 日本が気に入ってくれて本当に良かった。 私の写真は夜のシンデレラ城、東京ディズニーランドです。

• It is ~A to+原型

It was wise of a traveller to learn the table manners of each country that he is going to visit. It is ~A to+原型(…するとはAは~である) だから直訳は ×「これから行こうとする国々のテーブルマナーを知るとは、旅行者は賢明だ」 ですよね? これがどうして ○「旅行する人は、これから行こうとする国々のテーブルマナーを知っておくのが賢明だ」 という訳になるんですか? おしえてくさい。

• 倒置文についてです。

Only when the tension increases do I start working seriously to get the job done. という倒置文において、なぜdoが出て来るのでしょうか?これは、代動詞というやつですか? どういうときに、出てくるのかよくわかりません。 例えば、下の3つの例文においては倒置文を作った時に、(3)だけはdidが顔を出しています。(1)、(2)の文ではただ自動的にひっくり返しただけの文になっています。何が違うのでしょうか? (1)I have never felt happier than now. → Never have I felt happier than now. (2)We had hardly left the hall when it began to rain heavily. → Hardly had we left the hall when it began to rain heavily. (3)He little dreamed of such a thing. → Little did he dream of such a thing.

• 和訳を教えていただけますか?

次の長文の和訳を教えていただけますか? So it isthat the country is getting less and less peaceful , at least on sunny week-ends in the warm season of the year. The towns are emptied, and the country hums with acitvity, particularly around main roads and beauty spots. In the past this was not the case. For although the Englishman had always been a lover of the country, it is only in recent times that he has had the leisure with a longer week-end and the means with a family car to satisfy his love. But now such is the intersity with which he is pursuing his love , that the is killing the country with too much kindness. The result is only to transfer the noise and bustle of the town to the country every week-end. 長い文章ですが、よろしくお願いします

• studentはjobですか?

英語で職業を尋ねられたときに学生だった場合、 I am a student. のほかに My job is a student. など jobを使って表現することはできますか? 具体的に教えていただければと思います。 それともstudentはjobではありませんか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 同じ意味にするにはどうしたらいいですか?

同じ意味にするにはどうしたらいいですか 和訳も教えてください He is content though he is verry poor. =He is content in spite of his (     )(     ). It is clear that the view of the country is great different from that of Japan. =Cleary there is a great (   ) in views (    ) the country and Japan. よろしくお願いします

• 訳を教えてください。ラーメンの記事から。

以下の一行はどういう意味ですか? I've always resented sending a chopstick to do a fork's job. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-greats-of-broth-a-bowl-of-ramen-is-the-ultimate-fast-food-7939606.html よろしくお願いします。