• ベストアンサー

喧嘩になりそうです。助けてください。

noname#9284の回答

noname#9284
noname#9284
回答No.6

おはようございます。補足を拝見しました。 > 以下の部分は、どういういう事か、よく解りませんでしたが・・・ アメリカ人がexplain my example too.と言っている通りです。 ちょっと脱線して「例えば自分の場合はこんなこともあった」と例を挙げてくれているのだと思います。 この人は先生ではないので「すべてのネイティブがすべての英語をわかっているわけじゃない」という観点から例を挙げてくれました。 先生は英語の先生ですから大概の事は説明できると思いますが、「これじゃどう答えていいかわからないなぁ」と思っていらっしゃるのではないでしょうか。 wakattasan様のご質問と補足を拝見してちょっと感じるものがありました。 相手の先生の真意がつかめない時は一呼吸置いて、 「相手は英語を教えてくれている先生」なのだという事を改めて思い出されると今回のような気持ちにならずにすむかもしれません。 脱線します。私の例で言うと例えば・・・ 外国のチャット友達からアニメのテーマの歌詞かなと思われる日本語を1行、または数行訳してくれと言われて さんざん悩んだあげくいつも「ごめんわからない」となってしまいます。 「どんなところから引っ張ってきたのか、アニメの歌詞だったらそれはどんなアニメか、男が言っているのか、女が言っているのか、どんな時に言っているのか、この難しい言葉はどういう意味?これは日本人が言っているの?ネイティブじゃない人が間違って言っているの?どんな漢字が使ってあった?・・・」などと逆質問すると、 相手は説明できずにあきらめてしまいます。 「もうちょっと説明がほしいよ~」とか、逆質問のしようがない不可解な質問すらあります。 e-mailより誤解が少ないチャットでもこんな具合なので、先生生徒のe-mailでのやり取りでは、 送る側の英語に書いた人が認識している以上の不足があると思っていて間違いないと思います。 期待した返答が返って来なかった時は質問の仕方を変えてみたらいかがでしょうか。 「いかにしていい回答を引き出すか」も教わる側の能力の一つだと思います。

noname#13484
質問者

お礼

hirorin2004さん、おはようございます。 そして、ありがとうございます。 よ~く考えると私の書いた文章は、とても日本語的だったと思います。言外にあることまで理解することを求めてしまったのだと思います。 これから、真意を書いて返事したいと思います。 昨日書かなくて本当によかったです。 お返事くださいました皆様、本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• こんな訳でいいですか?

You always have to explain as clearly as possible what you wish to say with a need to speak fluently and coherently. 上の意味は以下の通りでいいですか? あなたは、いつも自分の言いたいことを、すらすらと首尾一貫したことばで、できるだけ簡潔に説明しなければならない。

• 和訳お願いします!!

下の文はJomo Kenyattaの演説で比喩表現が入ってるらしいのですが、それ自体ががどこにあるのかも分からないので誰か分かる方は教えてください><↓ 'There is no society of angels,whether it is white, brown or black. We are all human beings, and as such we are sure to make mistakes. If I have done a wrong to you, it is for you to forgive me; and if you have done something wrong to me, it is for me to forgive you. The Africans cannot say the Europeans have done all the wrong; and the Europeans cannot say the Africans have done all the wrong.... You have something to forget just as I have. Many of you are just as Kenyan as myself.'

• 英文和訳

次の英文を和訳してくださいm(_ _)m When you have lived as long as I have,you will discover,I hope,that it is not what one sees on the outside,so much as what is in the inside of a man,which makes him happy and contented,or the contrary.

• 翻訳お願いします

OK I have the aluminum one finished and the copper is all finished except for the set screws, I need to know if you like this length or if you would like it shortened a little as it's longer than the one you showed me by several mm. I left it this long because I felt the more heat sink you have the better it is for your laser diode but you may not like the look of it so I am giving you a chance to have it shorter if you like. Also I think these heat sinks may not fit your hosts as they were made to fit these hosts and you know I like to make them tight, for example the aluminum heat sink will go in the host that the copper heat sink was made for and it's a bit loose but the copper heat sink will not fit inside of the other host. There is about .005" difference in them so you will probably want these hosts they are $12.00 each that's my cost. Let me know about the length so I can finish it up and get it off to you

• 日本語→英語

入学試験に受かるには英検準1級レベルくらいの英語力が要ります。 英検準1級を受かるためには政治 環境 世界状勢などいろいろな面での勉強が必要である。 you have to have English skills that is equivalent to Pre-1st Grade in order to pass the entrance exam. and in order to pass Pre-1st Grade you have to study it in many ways. for example Politics, Environment and the world situation. こんな感じであってますか?? equivalentよりas a high level as~のほうがいいですか?? すいませんが教えて下さい

• 翻訳お願いします。

はじめまして。 外国のサイトで服を注文しましたが、どうやら輸出できないブランドだったようです。 ヘルプサイトを見ると以下のような文面がありましたが、 『it is OK ・・・』 からの文が理解できませんでした。 どのように翻訳すればよいのでしょうか。 翻訳して頂きたいのですが、宜しくお願いします。 If you attempt to order one of these brands and have it shipped outside the US, we will contact you and cancel the order. However, it is OK to purchase any of these products with an international credit card and have the product shipped to a US address.

• 和訳が分かりません。

, but none of these are exactly "plug and play," so factor in the time and/or the cost required to have it installed when you consider the cost. このfactor in the time ってどうやって訳すのでしょうか? 全文は下記です。 The Nest and the Ecobee are designed so you can install them yourself if you're willing to tackle the project, but none of these are exactly "plug and play," so factor in the time and/or the cost required to have it installed when you consider the cost.

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 3つの段落になっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします But what else? You may think I have told you all you could possibly want to know. It isn’t so. SOUL MATE TWO, is the same length and just as detailed as soul mate one, it follows a similar pattern, if you loved this reading you will love Soul Mate Two. Astrology is a bit like archaeology in that each additional reading on the same subject we must dig into a deeper layer of the chart and more time and work is involved. SOUL MATE THREE, if you still want more, if your spirit still has a hunger to taste the romance in your future. If it wants to look again into the mirror of time. Then Soul Mate Three is the last of these readings, it will reveal anything that is not covered in soul mate one or two. I cannot tell more than that because I never know what it will show in your particular reading until I look at your own chart, Again it is deeply penetrating and more difficult to do, because each time we look we have to go deeper it take a bit longer. May they bring love light and enlightenment into your spirit.

• 翻訳希望

以下の英文を翻訳していただけるかた、 お願いできますか? よろしくお願いします。 Every time a planet or star in his chart crosses or aspects a planet in yours it is like an invisible silken thread that draws your destiny and his ever closer. These cross aspects cause your path and his to cross in life and events to happen. The more of cross aspects there are the more the web of fate forms around you. Everyone significant whom you meet in life and who is destined to have a deep influence on you has cross aspects to your own chart, not only lovers. A murderer and his victim for example have many intricate and sinister cross aspects, between their charts. As do a mother and child.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1文節の前半となりますので、内容が分断していると思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The house you and your soul mate will live in together will be of an old or traditional sort. It will have a lot of woodwork. And you will first see it when it is empty, or vacant with a lonely bare or neglected look that wants you to love it. It will be a good house, that will seem to draw you both. There will be something about reminiscent of a past life together, a former era. But only vaguely so, as if it stirs some subconscious memory deep within you. There will be a tree close to the house. High walls and it is a little secluded. It will seem familiar to you, for all it is not so.. You and your soul mate will help each other struggle to achieve goals in and rise in this house; which is practical and serious It will seem to you that your soul mate is Career orientated and hard working.