• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

英文の一節について

The seacret gardenという本の一節で、 "You're too horrid to die." という部分があります。これを日本語に訳すとどうなりますか?恐ろしいから死ぬことができない、ではおかしいですよね、よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数3
  • 閲覧数115
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.2

(訳) 「あなたみたいに聞き分けのない子は死なないのよ。」 以上、参考になれば幸いです。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

その他の回答 (2)

• 回答No.3
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2667/3937)

Frances Hodgson著 The Secret Garden の一節ですね。 #2 さんご指摘の通りでしょう。 「憎まれっ子世にはばかる」 的なニュアンスですね。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答No.1

死ぬのをかなり怖がっているね。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• You're way too beautiful girl.

Sean KingstonのBeautiful Girlsの歌詞の一節で You're way too beautiful girl. ってどういう意味ですか?

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい!

・You're too fur away. ・I'm a bear who cares. ・I'd like to cuddle up with you. ・I'd like to hibernate with you. ・I'm stuck on you. ・Your cave or mine? ・I'd like to give you a bear hug

• 訳お願いします

"Let It Die" Heart of gold but it lost its pride Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes I've seen your face in another light Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? In too deep and out of time. Why'd you have to go and let it die? A simple man and his blushing bride Intravenous, intertwined Hearts gone cold your hands were tied Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? In too deep and out of time. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Do you ever think of me? You're so considerate. Do you ever think of me? Oh, so considerate. In too deep and lost in time Why'd you have to go and let it die? Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes Why'd you have to go and let it die? Hearts gone cold and hands were tied. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Do you ever think of me? You're so considerate. Did you ever think of me? Oh, so considerate. In too deep and lost in time Why'd you have to go and let it die? Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes Why'd you have to go and let it die? Hearts gone cold and hands were tied. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? 宜しくお願いします><

• オーウェルの一節の訳を教えてください

'In Spain nothing from a meal to a battle ever happens at the appointed time. As a general rule things happen too late, but just occasionally - just so that you shan't be able to depend on their happening late - they happen too early.' ジョージ・オーウェルのカタロニア賛歌の一節ですが、 just so that you shan't be able to depend on their happening lateの部分がうまく訳せません。 shan't(shall not)やjust so that、depend onが、ここではどういうニュアンスで使われているのかがわかりません。 この部分の意味と和訳を教えていただけないでしょうか?

• この英文についてご説明お願いします

You take it all too much to heart. この英文について、to heartはこの文中でどのような役割をはたしていますか? ちなみにこの文は、 You've heard the rumours they're going to resettle us in the East? という質問に対しての反応です。 よろしくお願いします。

• 次の英文の日本語訳をお願いします。直訳でなく、わかりやすい日本語だとあ

次の英文の日本語訳をお願いします。直訳でなく、わかりやすい日本語だとありがたいです (1)Such is the pleasure you give that you cannot to us too often. (2)Freedom is such a great blessing that we cannot pay too much

• 今日の英文星占いの翻訳をお願いします

Even if you're usually out in space or lost in thought, today brings you right back down to earth -- in a good way! Your amazing energy is just right for enjoying food, gardening and nature.

• 「ラベンダーは青い」の一節について…

マザー・グースの「ラベンダーは青い」の一節について、 お尋ねします。(地方によって、いろんなバージョンが あるようですが…) "Some to the plow, dilly, dilly, Some to the fork" ここは、 「あるものには、鋤仕事をさせ、ディリディリ  あるものには、鍬仕事をさせよう」 といった訳でよいでしょうか。 私としては、鍬仕事も、鋤仕事も同じ畑仕事 なのだから、いまいち、しっくりこないのですが...。 なお、この「ラベンダーは青い」の全歌詞を 下に、書いておきますね。 『Lavender's blue』 Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, Lavender's green; When I am king, dilly, dilly, You shall be queen. Who told you so, dilly dilly, Who told you so? It was my own heart, dilly dilly, That told me so. Call up your men, dilly, dilly, Set them to work; Some to the plow, dilly, dilly, Some to the fork. Some to make hay, dilly, dilly, Some to cut corn; While you and I, dilly, dilly, Keep ourselves warm. です。

• 間違っていますか?簡単な英文です。

早速質問ですが、私は今同性の外国人のメル友がいます。 彼女は今日本に留学に来ていて、私は3月からワーホリでオーストラリアに行きます。  もちろん、その間もお互い連絡を取り合おうねと言っているのですが、昨日来たメールに下のようなことが書かれていました。 前は私が帰国後、今よりも英語が上手く話せるようになったら、彼女も今より日本語ができるようになれば会おうと約束していました。 I think you will be away for a long time when you go to Australia, so I hope I can meet with you sometime. 『Maybe if not before you go』 I hope that maybe you will visit back to Japan after you go. この文の『』の部分がよく分かりません。 これは出発前ではなくて、と言うことでしょうか? 全体的には、出発前ではなくて、一時帰国とかした時に会えたらいいな。みたいな感じですか? 宜しくお願いします。

• この英文

詩かなにかだと思うのですが、何をいっているのかわかりません。この文以外にあなたのことを考えているという言葉を連発したのはわかりました。主人公は男性ですが、この文面から行くとこの男性は本気の恋愛を相手に求めているのでしょうか、わりきった関係を求めている文でしょうか感じたことなど教えて下さいお願いします I heard it said that kisses make the heart grow closer Well, I will never get over the way we were that night And I want to get it back So if you're out there, please listen to this message from me Know that I'm right here thinkin 'bout you Hope that you too will another day 'cause all I do. Did you hear them tellin' me I must be crazy 'Cause I'm waitin' on you lately That's okay, alright, 'cause I need to get you back Want you to know that I don't regret A single moment I spent on you, my friend Thinking 'bout you, hope that you too will another day,