• 締切済み

英語の和訳に困っています。

課題で英語を日本語に和訳しなくてはいけないのですが、 どうしても訳しにくいところが三箇所あり、困っています。 http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18822-stephen-malkmus-and-the-jicks-wig-out-at-jagbags/ この海外のサイトの記事を訳すのですが、 (1)This might surprise people like me, who given a few beers and a tolerant audience will still lapse into vague, sentimental reminiscences about seeing Pavement in late 1999, a few weeks before Malkmus got onstage in Brixton with handcuffs around his mic stand, telling the audience—in a rare moment of disclosure—that the cuffs were a symbol. (一つ目のパラグラフの二つ目の文章) (2)the sweet liberal-arts alternative to Kurt Cobain, the stoner diarist beloved by jocks in part because he was everything they assumed stoner diarists weren't: funny, low-key, averse to competition but still knowledgeable about sports(五つ目のパラグラフの二つ目の文章の途中から) (3)Once the wistful 25 year old with a heart full of unspeakable sentiments, now he's the handsome middle-aged guy next door borrowing a pinch of weed to get him through this cookie-baking session for his son's end-of-the-season soccer party. He has never resisted age but has never seemed younger, and in the occasional la-la-la still shimmers with the charm of a boy.(六つ目のパラグラフの最後二つの文章) この三つがどうしてもうまく訳せませんでした>_< どなたかよろしくお願いします・・・

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  ビールが二三杯入り、まあ聞いてやろうと言う聞き手がいれば、ブリックストンで、マルクムスが、マイクスタンドに手錠をかけて<滅多に無い開けっぴろげな瞬間に>この手錠は象徴だ、と言いながらステージに上がった数週間前、1999年暮れに観たペーブメント(バンドの名)について、取り留めの無い、感傷的な思い出に、今でも浸れる私のような人間には、驚きかも知れない。 2。 ユーモアがあり、控えめで、争いごとは嫌いだが結構スポーツのことは詳しいという、大麻に溺れている日記作者とは正反対という面もあって運動屋から愛されている大麻漬け日記作家カート•コベインの無邪気な文科の代替 3。  かつては、言葉に出せない感情で一杯の心を持った、物思いに耽る25歳だった彼が、今では息子のサッカーシーズン最後のパーティーのクッキー作りを終わりまで続けるために、少しばかりのマリフアナを借りに来るハンサムな隣の中年男だ。彼は年を取るのに逆らわなかった、にもかかわらず今より若く見えたことは無いし、いろんなところでときたま少年の魅力がまだ輝いている。   http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=la-la-la     2は golden boy 「将来性のある青年」と同格ですから、終わりは「無邪気な文系から(今までのそれに)代わるものとして」などと修正してください。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=golden+boy

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

There he was on the ground,in no condition to go on, and all of a sudden he was no longer in Poland.instead,he found himself imaging himself standing on a stage on postwar Vienna giving a lecture on The Psychology of Death Camps. Audience of two hundred listened to his every word. The lecture was one that he had been working out the whole time he had been in the death camp. He spoke about how some people seem to survive the experience better than others, psychologically and emotionally. It was a brilliant lecture, all taking place in his mind's eye and ear. He was no longer half dead on the field but living in the lecture. During the lecture, Frankl told the imaginary audience about the day he was in that field being beaten and was certain he didn't have the strength to get up and keep walking.    Then, wonder of wonders, he told his imagined audience, he was able to stand up. The guard stopped beating him and get began to walk slowly. As he was imagining describing this to his audience, his body got up and began to walk. He continued to imagine this lecture all the while he was doing the work and through the cold march back to the death comp. He collapsed into his narrow bed, imagining ending this brilliantly clear speech and receiving a standing ovation.

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳教えてください(>_<) ↓ ↓ Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He realized his father was very old,and thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements,hereceived a telegram telling him his father had passed away,and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things. When he arrived at his father's house,sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible,just as he had left it years ago. With tears,he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. And as he did, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name,the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag were the date of his graduation and the words PAID IN FULL.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 変な箇所があればご指摘いただけるとありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In the period before you meet he may have suffered some ill health. and conditions in his life have been uncertain and subject to frequent change and indecision on his part. He will have put emotional barriers up between himself and others in this period. Or else will feel he was imprisoned without walls, that circumstance have imprison him, he has a life that he seeks escape from. He is sensitive to atmospheres, unspoken hostilities His outer confidence will hide a feeling of weakness and helplessness. and falling in love with you may be a form of escape from the things in his life he is unhappy with. Love will provide him with a kind of liberty, freedom, while he is tied to the limitations and responsibilities of his former existence.

• 英語 和訳

Never before in my entire life have I had to perform in front of such a large audience. この文の和訳をどなたかお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

I have given all these details in order to show what privileges and protection an inventor enjoys when,like Edison,he conducts organized research for a strong company.He has everything at his disposal and can devote himself,without worry, his work.If he is successful,he gets his liberal share and has no expence.Edison had stuck to the stocks received from the Edison companies for his work he would, no doubt,have been the largest sharer in electric lighting interests in the country. But Edison wasn't after money solely.No! He considered it a means of exchange and in that spirit turned it into new activities,new endeavors and new lines of experiment.It was important that he should do so:otherwise history might have had a different course.He didn't wait in leisurely luxury until his electric light shares should grow fat with returns,but from the start took all the money he could raise to his place his great achievements upon a solid commercial foundation under his personal supervision.That was necessary considering the epoch.With him it was push,push,and push again,and with the help of loyal servants the gigantic results of his Menlo Park labors were soon safely set on a manufacturing foundation;in a few years they were fortitled to an impregnable strength.Then the time arrived for others to carry his work of expansion further-this,however,only after a decennium,In 1892 the General Electric Company took up his program of expansion and has been developing it ever since.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".

• 和訳お願いします

和訳をお願いします He had found it lying in the street,and as he looked at me over the top of his glasses,he said,“Maybe now you'll learn not to be careless and lose things.” I 'm a grown woman now,and I still lose things. I'm still careless. But what my father taught me that day was not a lesson of responsibility. I learned not to believe his laughter.Because even his laughter hurt.

• 和訳

Soseki stayed in Britain for two years. During his stay,he lived in five different boarding houses. He stayed at the first two for only a few weeks each because the rents were too high. The third boarding house was cheap,but some months later,the landlady decided to move to a different area and open a new boarding house. Soseki was not at all fond of the landlady,but he did like her sister,Kate Brett. Unlike the landlady,Kate was a quiet and thoughtful woman. When Kate asked him to move to the new house with them,he accepted. Soon a young Japanese scientist,Ikeda Kikunae,moved in. He was a very bright person,and Soseki must have enjoyed his company. After a few months though,Ikeda moved to another place,and it encouraged Soseki to look for a better boarding house. He put an ad in the paper: “Japanese gentleman looking for boarding with an English family,with literary taste. Quiet and convenient flat in N.,or S.W. preferred.” 和訳していただければ嬉しいです

• 和訳

Soseki stayed in Britain for two years. During his stay,he lived in five different boarding houses. He stayed at the first two for only a few weeks each because the rents were too high. The third boarding house was cheap,but some months later,the landlady decided to move to a different area and open a new boarding house. Soseki was not at all fond of the landlady,but he did like her sister,Kate Brett. Unlike the landlady,Kate was a quiet and thoughtful woman. When Kate asked him to move to the new house with them,he accepted. Soon a young Japanese scientist,Ikeda Kikunae,moved in. He was a very bright person,and Soseki must have enjoyed his company. After a few months though,Ikeda moved to another place,and it encouraged Soseki to look for a better boarding house. He put an ad in the paper: “Japanese gentleman looking for boarding with an English family,with literary taste. Quiet and convenient flat in N.,or S.W. preferred.” 和訳していただけたら嬉しいです。

• 和訳お願いします。

A turn in the wheel of fortune came for Machiavelli. With Spain's assistance, the Medicis overthrew the republic and restored their rule in Florence.Machiavelli was discharged, imprisoned,tortured, and finally banished to his small country estate near San Cascano. There, except for brief periods, he remained in retirement untill his death in 1527. His principal pastime during those, to him,long dull years was writing: The Prince, The Discourses,The Art of War,and the History of Florence-all primarily concerned with politics, ancient and contemporary. Any sentiment in Machiavelli's nature in relation to public affairs is hard to detect, but on one matter he felt deeply. He was a genuine patriot with an ardent longing for a strong, united Italy. He might be a cold, skeptical observer, a cynical man of pure intellect, untill he discussed Italian unity, and then he became inspired with passion, eloquence, warmth, and life. Italy's condition in the early, sixteen century was sad enough to make any patriot weep.