• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。

"I have never come close to being married or engaged. I was with someone eight years ago when I questioned whether I wanted the pressure of being married or having children. I always felt that if pregnancy was to happen, it would happen; if it didn't, it didn't...I have security, I don't need a man in my life.” 某アーティストのインタビューからの抜粋です。特に最後の文に度々出てくる“it”は、それぞれ何を指すのかがわかりません。 やや急いでいます。お願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.1

>"I have never come close to being married or engaged. >I was with someone eight years ago when I questioned whether I wanted the pressure of being married or having children. >I always felt that if pregnancy was to happen, it would happen; if it didn't, it didn't...I have security, I don't need a man in my life.” ⇒訳文 「私は結婚や婚約が身近になったことがありません。 私は8年前にある人と一緒でしたが、そのとき、結婚や子どもを持つことの重圧感というものは、私自身が望んでいることなのかどうか、という疑問を感じました。 私はいつも、万一妊娠が起こるべきなら、起こるだろう、起こるべきでないなら、起こらないだろうと思っていました。...私は、安全の措置を講じています。一生、男は要りません。」 >某アーティストのインタビューからの抜粋です。特に最後の文に度々出てくる“it”は、それぞれ何を指すのかがわかりません。 ⇒すべてのit がpregnancy 「妊娠」を受けています。

widechild
質問者

補足

安全の措置とは妊娠しないようにするということでしょうか?それとも、男性がいなくても大丈夫なようにしているということでしょうか?

その他の回答 (4)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.5

「補足」の書き込みありがとうございました。 >安全の措置とは妊娠しないようにするということでしょうか?それとも、男性がいなくても大丈夫なようにしているということでしょうか? ⇒「安全の措置」とは、盗難とか暴力に対する防護の意味だと思います。「男は要らない」とは、「そういう危険から自分をガードしてくれる人」は要らないと言っているのでしょう。 ただ、in my lifeを「一生」と訳したのは間違いかも知れません。(「私の(日常)生活で」というほどのニュアンス、ということもあり得ますので。)

widechild
質問者

お礼

なるほど、女性は男性が自分を守ってくれる、という考え方もしますもんね。 よくわかりました。ご丁寧にありがとうございます。

• coffeebar
  • ベストアンサー率49% (216/435)
回答No.4

No.2回答者です。一点勘違いしていました、訂正させて下さい。 誤)結婚とか子供を持つというプレッシャーを感じたいか?って聞かれた8年前は付き合ってる人がいた。 正)8年前付き合ってる人がいた時に、結婚とか子供を持つというプレッシャーを感じたいか?と自問自答した。

widechild
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 私にとっては難解な文だったので、解説していただいて助かりました。

• Nebusoku3
  • ベストアンサー率38% (1437/3766)
回答No.3

I always felt that if pregnancy was to happen, it would happen; if it didn't, it didn't...I have security, I don't need a man in my life.” この it は全て pregnancy のことだと思います。

widechild
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 最初のit が結婚や出産のことを指すのかなぁとも思っていましたが、すっきりしました。

• coffeebar
  • ベストアンサー率49% (216/435)
回答No.2

私は結婚や婚約に近づいたことは無い。 結婚とか子供を持つというプレッシャーを感じたいか?って聞かれた8年前は付き合ってる人がいた。 もし妊娠したら結婚まで進むだろうとずっと思ってたけど、子供は出来なかったし、結婚もしなかった。 私は一人でも安心感がある。男に頼る必要はない。

関連するQ&A

• 以前和訳していただいた英文についてです。

以前、以下の英文の和訳をについて質問し、4人の方からご丁寧な回答をいただき、感謝申し上げます。 "I have never come close to being married or engaged. I was with someone eight years ago when I questioned whether I wanted the pressure of being married or having children. I always felt that if pregnancy was to happen, it would happen; if it didn't, it didn't...I have security, I don't need a man in my life.” さて、上記の英文について新たな疑問が生じました。学問的というよりは、ニュアンス的な話になってしまうと思いますが。前にも書きましたが、これは某アーティスト(女性)のインタビュー記事です。 引っかかるのは、“I always felt that if pregnancy was to happen,it would happen,if it didn't,it didn't”という表現についてです。「私はずっと、妊娠は起こるなら起こるだろうし、起こらないなら起こらないと感じていた」という意味になると思います。 私は正直、これは結婚したことのない女性の言葉としてどうなのかな、と思ってしまいます。この場合、結婚と子どもを持つことを別々に考えていて、結婚の見通しがないまま恋人との間に子どもができることをまったく恐れていないように聞こえてしまいます。ちなみに彼女はカトリックの戒律の中で育った人です。しかしこの文では、結婚前に身体の関係があったことを露呈しているのではありませんか?何だか不思議でしかたがありません。 それとも、私が文のニュアンスをちゃんとつかんでいないのでしょうか?もっと別の捉え方がある、などの意見がございましたらお聞かせください。

• 和訳を手伝っていただけませんでしょうか?

お世話になっております。和訳は下の文でだいたいあってますでしょうか?それとも、once I got married のところはかつて結婚してた時という意味なのでしょうか・・wouldが入ると例えなのでしょうか。。 He also asked me to explain marraige in America, and why I didn't have and didn't want a boyfriend or a husband, and if and why I wouldn't want to stay home and be a housewife once I got married. 「彼は私にアメリカの結婚についても尋ねた。そして、なぜ私が恋人や旦那がいなかったのか、そして、もし結婚したとしたら、なぜ家にいたくないのか、また、主婦になりたくないのかをたずねた。」

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I enjoy weekly massages from a popular self-employed masseuse. I have a standing appointment. If I cancel within 24 hours, I understand that I must pay her. However, if I give her more notice, must I still give her some remuneration? We have never discussed it. I feel bad about canceling, as she may rely on this income, but it's difficult to pay for the event that requires me to cancel in addition to a massage that didn't happen. it's difficult to pay for the event that requires me to cancel in addition to a massage that didn't happenの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

>Whaaat! if u did something that u should not have done, I don't want to hear it, lol I can just handle my alcohol, it has nothing to do with memory Haha, I didn't take him home or actually he was here for awhile but nothing more happened

• 英語の仮定形

以下の2文を見て疑問に思います。 (1)I told me that if finding Mr.right happens,it happens. (2)I felt that if pregnancy was to happen,it would happen. (1)は、if以降が現在形で、(2)は過去形ですよね。仮定法現在と仮定法過去の違いはわかるのですが、どちらの文も I のあとの動詞が過去形で過去の話になっているので、よくわかりません。 解説お願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

Didn’t Julia go once or twice to therapy back during her gawker heyday? Seems I remember Baugher reporting it on her blog and the donkey being horrified by the experience. よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いしますf^_^;)

If I was to have a valentine it would be you. Lol よろしくお願いします❗️

• 和訳を願いたいです

It was during our second year on the Kalahari that I first met Bones. One afternoon, across the open plain, I happened to see him. He was standing over the body of an African deer that seemed to have been killed months before. He was trying to eat the old, hard skin of the dead animal. He probably had not eaten for a long time. I could clearly see his ribs under his loose, hanging skin. As my truck slowly approached, he started to walk away. Every few steps he fell to the ground and then struggled to get on his feet again. Finally, he fell hard to the ground and didn’t get up. He didn’t move at all. It was clear that he was dying. Now I was faced with a dilemma. I debated whether I should try to save his life or not. I said to myself that I was on the Kalahari to study the animals, not to interfere with them in any way. But I also felt I might later regret not having tried to help him. After thinking it over for a while, I finally decided to save him if I could. (1)What was the lion trying to eat when Mark first saw him? (2)Why didn’t Mark try to help Bones at first? (3)Did Mark finally decide to help Bones? 和訳と(1)(2)(3)の問題に英語で答えてもらえるとうれしいです。

• 翻訳(和訳)をお願いします。

While Smith had the musician impressed, he revealed that his mind was somewhere else at the time. “My concern was that I was going to get killed,” the King Richard star admitted. “That was my concern when I was trying to spit my game, but I ain’t really have nothing.” "I was always faked like I had game. I didn’t really have game,” he added. “I was always in this full-on, trying to give the wildest flavor of having game, but that might have been the most terrified I had ever been trying to shoot my shot with Pepa. And I didn’t believe I had a real shot.” 翻訳サイトを使っても意味がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳です。

I didn't realize I was so easy to read. この文の”I was so easy to read"の意味が分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。