• ベストアンサー

次の英文の添削をお願いします。

おそらくイチローは今、家にいないだろうけど、念のため電話をかけるほうがいいかな。 (念のためは、to make sure を使うように指示あり) Ichiro probably isn't home now, but to make sure I would rather call him. よろしくお願いいたします。  

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

おそらくイチローは今、家にいないだろうけど、念のため電話をかけるほうがいいかな。 (念のためは、to make sure を使うように指示あり) Ichiro probably isn't home now, but to make sure I would rather call him. 添削 Ichiro probably isn't at home now, but to make sure I would rather call him. atがなくても文法的には正しいが、やはり入れたいところ。 私なら Ichiro may not be at home, but I think I should call him just in case. to make sureをいくら使っても、念のために電話をかけるほうがいいかなーーに近い意味を出すのは困難だと思います。 Ichiro may not be at home, but I think I should call him to make sure he is not there. →これは可能ですが、彼が家にいないことを確かめるのであって、「家にいたら要件を伝える」の意味ではありません。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

genki98
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 少し質問なのですが、Ichiro won't probably be at home のように、 単純未来のwill の否定形を使うのは間違いでしょうか? たびたび質問ですみません。

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

Ichiro won't probably be at home.のように、 単純未来のwill の否定形を使うのは間違いでしょうか? → 基本的に、probably, perhapsなどの副詞は、文修飾語ですから、否定語の支配内、つまりnotの後には用いません。ですから、Ichiro won't probably be at home.は文法的には間違いということになります。 質問は補足でなさるとよいと思います。たまたま見つけましたが、お礼欄だと見逃すことが多いと思いますので。

genki98
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 勉強になりました。 以後、再度の質問は補足でさせていただきます。 ご指摘ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

The third things to say is: we need to understand what we now call the core competencies of your organization. What are we really good at? That also requires something you shouldn’t do. You probably, by now, all have beautiful methods of capital allocation. Before you make a decision to invest, you make thirty studies and you may be advance enough to use all four ways we know to analyze a capital investment. When I started business almost 70 years ago, we used these methods which were in every book, but we could not apply them because it would have required hundred of clerks.

• 英文見てください

友達と恋愛話をしているときに彼氏のことを話そうと思ったのですが、うまく話せなかったので、言いたかったことを英作してみました。長くて申し訳ないですが、よろしかったら添削してください。 「彼はいつも勉強や仕事が忙しいみたい。もちろんそれはわかってるんだけど、会う時間が全然ないのはやっぱり悲しいな。時間って自分がそうしようと思ったらどうにか作れるものじゃないかって思うの。電話もらえるだけでも私にとってはすごく嬉しいってことをわかってもらえないんだよね。これって私のわがままなのかな。私にだって忙しいときはあるけど、彼のためならいつでも時間を作りたいって思ってるのにな。たぶん私だけがこんなふうに思ってるんだろうなって考えるとむなしくなるわ。」 He always says he's busy with study and work. Sure I understand that, but it's sad he doesn't have time for me... I believe time is something you make if you want. He doesn't understand even one call would definitely make my day. I wonder if I'm asking too much. I sometimes get busy too, but I'm always willing to make time for him because I want to. Maybe I'm the only one who is feeling this way, which makes me feel empty.

• 次の英文を翻訳お願いします。

Hmmm... I'm not sure if you are asking if I dislike men who make money on the stock market but that's how I'm going to take it. I feel that as long as the man is making a living and enjoys what he is doing than that's the right job for him. So no I don't hate men that make money that way. Your town sounds lovely from what I've read online. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします

日本語に合わせて英文を作成したのですが、添削をお願いしたいです。 1.ぼくの思春期の行動は、大人に受け入れられなかった It was my behavior of adolescent was not acceptable by adult. 2.ぼくは頑張って彼を3人しかいないその職場に適応させた。   しかし、彼はその職場に向いていなかった。 I had make a effort to adapt him the cite of vocation which only three persons, but he was inept in there.

• 英語表現

『確認なのですが、重量は10gではなく10mgですよね』を英語で言いたいのですが、 下記のように書いてニュアンスが通じるでしょうか? I would like to make sure. Weight is 10 mg not 10 g, isn't it? もっと良い言い方があるでしょうか?

• 英文

中学生です 以下の英文の間違いを厳しく見つけてくれたら嬉しいです 実際に自力で文を作るのが上達への近道かなと思ったので実践しました 時制とかめちゃくちゃだったらすいません(;ω;) 正直、the とかもどこに入れたらいいか分かりません! 長い文になりそうだったのでストーリーも変な所でとまっています; 全部の間違いを指摘するのが面倒だったら1か所でもいいので指摘お願いします! 逆になにか質問があれば答えます。 Today, I got up 9:00 a.m. I slept for ten hours, but I was still sleepy then. I called my friend, Jim as soon as I got up because I promised to call him yesterday, but I forgot. Even though I broke my promise with him, he wasn't angry at all. It's natural for me to get angry. But I said to him ''I'll call you on time when I'll promise you without fail.'' After that I ate breakfast. I laid butter on bread. I love butter the best of all flavors (?). I love milk, too because it goes well with bread. I had to go to school, but I'd rather stay home and take it easy. I went to school on foot in a hurry. I met Kate by chance then. She is smart, and cute as well. To be honest, I wanted to go to school right off, but her story was very long.

• 「 英文の添削お願いします 」

「 英文の添削お願いします 」  自分の名前について質問されて、書いてはみたものの、どう英語で言えばいいのか自信がありません。  アドバイスを頂けたら助かります。   神主さんがAって付けてくれたの  たぶん両親が私にいい事がおこるような名前をつけて欲しいって頼んだんだと思う。  でも何の意味があるのかはわかんないけど。。  とにかく、自分の名前は好きよ。  あなたのMもいい名前だと思う。  「Shinto Preist named me "A". Probably, my parents asked him to give me a name which good things happen to me. But I don't know what it mean... Anyway, I like my name. I think "M"(相手友人の名前です)is a good name.」  あと、この友人が私の名前について聞いたとき、  What characters do you use for your name?と書いてありました  どういう意味ですか・・?characterやuseがどうして出てくるのかかわかりません・・

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)

またまた英文日記を書いてみました。文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)ネイティブならこんな表現をするなど、指摘してくださると,なおうれしいです(^^) Tomorrow is the St. Valentine's day, so I thought that I would buy my husband a box of chocolate. At the same time, I remembered that I didn't buy him any presents these years. This morning I asked him what he wants except chocolate, and he answered he wanted the lighter. I went to the shopping mall and found the lighter that he will probably like it. I hope he will be pleased to see it.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Say I love you, only when you mean it and make sure they know you mean it. Make excuses to call you every 5 minutes when am at work. Even if you are really busy doing something, go out of your way to call and say I love you. Let there never be a second during any given day that you aren't thinking about each other, and make sure you knows it. よろしくお願いします。

• この英文は、どう解釈すればよいでしょうか?

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix [UK, adult版]p.917 下の方のダンブルドアの会話からです。 少し長いですが、引用させていただきます。 ハリーをなぜハリーの母親の妹の家に預けたかをダンブルドアが説明している部分の一部です。 "My answer is that my priority was to keep you alive. You were in more danger than perhaps anyone but I realized. Voldemort had been vanquished hours before, but his supporters – and many of them are almost as terrible as he – were still at large, angry, desperate and violent. And I had to make my decision, too, with regard to the years ahead. Did I believe that Voldemort was gone forever? No. I knew not whether it would be ten, twenty or fifty years before he returned, but I was sure he would do so, and I was sure, too, knowing him as I have done, that he would not rest until he kill you." 質問は2点あります。 1. "You were in more danger than perhaps anyone but I realized."について 日本語訳では "君がどんなに危険な状態にあるかを認識しておったのは、わしだけだったじゃろう。" とあるのですが、なぜこのような日本語訳になるのでしょうか? "You were in more danger than perhaps anyone." だと "君は他の人よりもっと危険な状態にあった" となると思うんですが、そこに"but I realize"がつくとなぜ上記のような訳になるのか教えてください。 2. " I was sure, too, knowing him as I have done, that he would not rest until he kill you."について この文の" knowing him as I have done"に関してです。 日本語訳では"あやつを知るわしとしては"となっているのですが、やはり、なぜこのような意味になるのかわかりません。 "knowing him"(あやつを知っている)、as (~のように)、I have done と分けて考えてみたのですが、最後の I have doneはどう解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。