Stone Temple Pilots Show in Sunrise, Florida: A Review by Ty Stalnaker

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington played a high-energy show at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida.
  • Bennington's voice and style were particularly impressive on fast-paced songs like Vasoline and the new Out of Time.
  • The band also treated the audience to a few rare songs, including Pop's Love Suicide and Church on Tuesday.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します!

Ty Stalnaker sent in the following review of Stone Temple Pilots' show in Sunrise, Florida: Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington played the BB&T Center last night. While possibly an over-ambitious location, the band was eager to please. Naturally, seeing how Bennington would fit was where most of the intrigue was, and for most of the material he was up to the task. His voice and style seems best for loud and fast songs, like Vasoline and the new Out of Time. Wicked Garden seemed to bring out the strongest of his performances. Softer and more mid-tempo territory like Sour Girl was a bit more uneven. The DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz churned out the mostly-familiar music, but the other interesting addition was a handful of “new” old songs, Pop's Love Suicide and Church on Tuesday among them. Bennington's voice fit Pop's Love Suicide almost as smoothly as the original recording, and Church on Tuesday was a delight to hear, featuring an additional guitar solo on the outro.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

Ty Stalnaker sent in the following review of Stone Temple Pilots' show in Sunrise, Florida: タイ・ストルネーカーがフロリダ州サンライズでのストーン・テンプル・パイロッツのショーをレビューしてくれた。 Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington played the BB&T Center last night. While possibly an over-ambitious location, the band was eager to please. Naturally, seeing how Bennington would fit was where most of the intrigue was, and for most of the material he was up to the task. His voice and style seems best for loud and fast songs, like Vasoline and the new Out of Time. Wicked Garden seemed to bring out the strongest of his performances. Softer and more mid-tempo territory like Sour Girl was a bit more uneven. チェスター・ベニントンを迎えたストーン・テンプル・パイロッツが昨夜BB&Tセンターで演奏を行なった。恐らくこれ以上は望めない程のロケーションで、バンドはやる気満々だ。当然ながらベニントンがどうこなすのか、これが興味の中心であり、殆んどの曲で彼は見事にその役割を果たしていた。彼の声のスタイルは《ヴァソライン》新曲《アウトオブタイム》のような、ラウドなアップビートな曲に最もマッチしていっる。《ウィキッドガーデン》では、彼の最大の強みとするパフォーマンスを引き出していたし、《サワーガール》のようなソフトミドルテンポの曲では、やや精彩を欠いていたと言えよう。 The DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz churned out the mostly-familiar music, but the other interesting addition was a handful of “new” old songs, Pop's Love Suicide and Church on Tuesday among them. Bennington's voice fit Pop's Love Suicide almost as smoothly as the original recording, and Church on Tuesday was a delight to hear, featuring an additional guitar solo on the outro. デリオ兄弟、エリック・クレッツはお馴染みのナンバーを繰り出し、さらに最高のおまけは一連の旧作のニューアレンジだった。《ポップスラブスーイサイド》や《チャーチオンチューズデイ》もやってくれた。ベニントンの声は《ポップスラブスーイサイド》に見事にマッチし、あたかもオリジナル作品のようであった。また《チャーチオンチューズデイ》には小躍りした。新たにギターソロとギターエンディングが加わっていた。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots are planning to release a new EP in October according to Hard Drive Radio. It will be their first collection of new material with new frontman Chester Bennington, following up the single “Out of Time” which was released in May. STP are also planning more tour dates in addition to the shows they have already announced in the fall. The DeLeo brothers will also be appearing on Hard Drive Radio on Monday. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』はバンド名、『Chester Bennington』は人物名、『Out of Time』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

In just a few short hours this will be filled with people Stone Temple Pilots/Filter will take this place to a new level. Will they do Army of Anyone songs? Who knows? Richard Patrick joined Chester Bennington onstage to sing with Stone Temple pilots "piece of pie" in Atlantic City!

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington discussed joining STP on his Twitter page last night: Just played the first show with STP! It was fucking AMAZING! FYI, I will never leave Linkin Park. We are currently working on a new record and its awesome! For those wondering about STP's history with Chester Bennington, on the 2001 Family Values Tour Bennington joined the band to perform on select songs. Bennington has often cited STP as one of his favorite bands and Scott Weiland as one of his main influences vocally.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

BENNINGTON GIVES UPDATE ON STP RECORDING SESSIONS, BAND TO RELEASE “OUT OF TIME” IN U.K. Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington gave a brief update on STP's current recording sessions in a new interview with PhilStar, “We enjoy our families. I have a lot of kids. If I'm not with Linkin Park, I'm working with other people. I've been working with Stone Temple Pilots and we're making great music together.” STP will release “Out of Time” as a single on July 15th in the United Kingdom through Spinefarm Records in the UK. Spinefarm is a heavy metal label, so it's an interesting choice for STP to go with that label for the release of Out of Time. STP self-released the track in the United States in May. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Linkin Park』はバンド名、『Chester Bennington』は人物名、『Out of Time』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots performed “Pretty Penny” and “Big Empty” at the opening of a musical therapy room for kids at Primary Children's Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona on Friday. The room was created in honor of 17 year old Sophie Barton who would often perform music for the children at the hospital. Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Benningtold told Fox 13, “To see it happen today and the opening of the first Sophie's Place is really an honor and a privilege to be a part of,” Bennington said. “So thanks for having us and we're going to play some music.” STP are also scheduled to perform at the Cardon Children's Medical Center's Stars Of The Season fundraising show in Mesa, Arizona on October 26th. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots(STP)』はバンド名、『Chester Bennington』は人物名、『Pretty Penny』『Big Empty』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Like everybody else out there, I read about my band, Stone Temple Pilots, and their recent performance this past weekend with a new singer. To tell you the truth, it took me by surprise. And it hurt. But the band that played last weekend was not Stone Temple Pilots and it was wrong of them to present themselves as that.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

The singer last month filed a multi-million dollar countersuit against STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, just one week after the group sued him. Weiland is seeking compensatory damages in excess of $5 million and an additional $2 million for each "willful use" of the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name. STP's suit claims that the band owns the name STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, as well as its songs, copyrights and trademarks. The suit asks a judge to block Weiland from performing any STP songs in his solo shows and from even calling himself a former member of the band. ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(STP)』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

“I’ve seen Stone Temple Pilots play probably about 30 times, a huge influence on me. They really made music that I absolutely loved, and I still love to this day. So the chance to go out and perform those songs with those guys was very cool. Honestly, Robert DeLeo, Dean DeLeo, and Eric Kretz, those guys are super talented. I’ve had the privilege of not only being in Linkin Park and being around a bunch of geniuses, I got to go and be in Stone Temple Pilots and be around a bunch of geniuses, and just kind of sit back and kind of ask myself, ‘How did I get here?’”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Kind of sad to see Scott doing a tour performing old albums when he’s only 45 years old, he should be focused on trying to make the next classic Stone Temple Pilots album rather than going out there and performing the old Stone Temple Pilots albums. That's for artists in their 60's. ※ 『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Stone Temple Pilots』はバンド名、 『Core』と『Purple』はアルバム名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

In addition to performing with Chester Bennington on Saturday at KROQ's Weenie Roast, STP also released a new single “Out of Time,” the band's first new song in 3 years and their first song with Bennington on vocals. The song is a balls to the walls rocker, faster paced than much of the material on Stone Temple Pilots. Musically the song sounds reminiscent of Core and No. 4, Dean DeLeo's riff is also clearly influenced by Jimmy Page.