• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:翻訳をお願い致します!)

Stone Temple Pilotsの元リードシンガー、ハリケーンサンディのベネフィットショーでスキップ?

marbleshitの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

According to Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo, the band's former lead singer Scott Weiland refused to perform with STP at the 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy benefit show in New York which featured performances by Paul McCartney & Nirvana, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Eddie Vedder, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, and Billy Joel. ストーン・テンプル・パイロッツのベーシスト、ロバート・デリオによれば、前任リードヴォーカルのスコット・ウェイランドが、ニューヨークで行なわれる12-12-12ハリケーンサンディ救済コンサートへの出場を断念したという。このコンサートの出演者には、ポール・マッカートニー&ニルヴァーナ、ザ・フー、ローリング・ストーンズ、エディー・ヴェダー、ブルース・スプリングスティーン、ボン・ジョヴィ、エリック・クラプトン、ビリー・ジョエルらが名を連ねている。 DeLeo discussed the 12-12-12 show with Pop-Break, “I'll tell you man, when I was sitting in my home in LA and the whole Hurricane Sandy thing [happened] I turned on the Weather Channel and a guy by the name of Mike Sydal, out of Point Pleasant Beach, which is our hometown, was filming [the damage] and he panned onto the house that was actually my best friend's house. I saw the deck had come off of it, a big hole through the house…it can't hit you any harder than that. So I felt pretty helpless. デリオはポップブレイクに12-12-12コンサートについてこう語った。 『いいかい、ロスの自宅で腰掛けながら、ハリケーンサンディの一部始終を見ててね、天気予報チャンネルに切り替えたんだ。するとマイク・サイドルって名前の男が、ポイントプレザントビーチから中継をしていた。そこは俺の故郷なんだ。惨状の映像が流れてて、突如カメラが一軒の家へパンしたんだ。そいつは俺の親友の家だった。ベランダは完全に剥がれ落ちて、家には巨大な穴が開いていた。一体全体こんな酷いことってあるかい。どうしようもなく途方に暮れちまったよ』

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

The complaint I had, (which was my fault) was the sound. It sounded like Scott was a chipmunk for the first part of the show. I looked up, and I saw 2 huge speakers right above my head. When I moved away from them, the sound was much better (I know, I'm an idiot haha). The setlist was rather short. I believe they did 14 songs in total. They left out Big Empty, Wicked Garden, Interstate Love Song, and Sex Type Thing. The renditions of Dead and Bloated and Where the River Goes/Mountain Song made up for that, though. Defintely the highlights of the night. They mixed together Roadhouse blues and LA Woman for a 10-15 minute song, which was pretty cool.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

The song was about a woman who had been murdered. Two of STP's first shows from the Core era were performing two shows on a side stage at Lollapalooza 1992, Scott Weiland said his voice was hoarse and it was two of the worst shows the band ever played. At the shows Robert DeLeo introduced himself to Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder and Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell, both ignored him and shunned him, angering DeLeo. Core exploded by early 1993 when the Grammy winning “Plush” became a mega hit, and with STP's new found fame the tensions with their contemporaries up in Seattle increased. Eddie Vedder told Rolling Stone in 1993, “Beth (Vedder's first wife) and I were part of the scene in San Diego. We knew what was going on, which was not a lot. Those guys are supposedly from there? I have never heard of them.” Vedder's remarks were off the mark, since the full STP lineup featuring Dean DeLeo did not start playing live shows until August 1990, a month before Vedder moved to Seattle. The band were also based in Los Angeles contrary to media reports, while also playing shows in San Diego and Orange County. Vedder also claimed Weiland was “coppin his trip.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

During the middle of the last encore song, (Unglued), my friend and I walked outside of the venue and waited by the stage door. Scott came out stumbling, and seemed lost. I shook his hand, but I don't even think he knew I was there. Some other people got their stuff signed, but I forgot a sharpie so I was out of luck with that. Doug walked out after, and my friend and I said “great show”. He seemed like a cool dude. All in all, I would see Scott again if he comes 15 minutes away from my house, but I do fear that he is back on something more than the bottle. Hopefully he stops doing STP songs, and cleans up with his new solo record.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

While Scott Weiland was working on his musical chops, bassist Robert DeLeo was in Point Pleasant, New Jersey playing with his older brother Dean, five years his senior. Dean's band played in bars, but Robert was so talented the band let him in and snuck him in to play shows. One day Robert decided to pick up and leave New Jersey and move to California. He lived out of his car initially in the Long Beach area with no music gear, but he eventually got an apartment and a home eight track studio after inheriting some money. DeLeo, whose biggest influences were James Jamerson and Led Zeppelin, met Scott Weiland at one of Soi-Distant's gigs in Orange County, joining the band to perform a song. Weiland was blown away by DeLeo's talent, but it took awhile before he could finally get him to form a band with him. Sometime in late 1987/early 1988, Soi-Distant dissolved and morphed into Swing, the first incarnation of Stone Temple Pilots.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

"December 7, 1941 — a date which will live in infamy — the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

“I’ve seen Stone Temple Pilots play probably about 30 times, a huge influence on me. They really made music that I absolutely loved, and I still love to this day. So the chance to go out and perform those songs with those guys was very cool. Honestly, Robert DeLeo, Dean DeLeo, and Eric Kretz, those guys are super talented. I’ve had the privilege of not only being in Linkin Park and being around a bunch of geniuses, I got to go and be in Stone Temple Pilots and be around a bunch of geniuses, and just kind of sit back and kind of ask myself, ‘How did I get here?’”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

"Wicked Garden"'s lyrics deal with the loss of innocence and purity, while "Sin" addresses "violent and ugly" relationships. The song "No Memory", a musical interlude between "Wicked Garden" and "Sin" described as "Zeppelinesque", was written by guitarist Dean DeLeo. ※ ※ 『Dean DeLeo』は人物名、『Wicked Garden』『No Memory』『Sin』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Chester Bennington and Stone Temple Pilots make for rock ‘n’ roll’s ultimate dream team. Not only can the Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise singer pull off that classic Scott Weiland-style bravado characteristic of the band’s hits, but he’s adding his own decidedly personal flare to new material such as the swaggering single “Out of Time”. He locks in with guitarist Dean DeLeo, bassist Robert DeLeo, and drummer Eric Kretz as if he was meant to be there all along, and something much larger emerges. This is one of the most formidable and important rock bands in history reborn… In this exclusive interview with ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino, Dean DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots opens up about “Out of Time”, the group’s new EP, and even takes a look back at Purple.

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します!

It was around this time five years ago that the album Blaster by the Wildabouts, which was sadly the last of your life, was released. My happy memories of the release, which I had waited for so eagerly, come rushing back as if it had happened yesterday, and I miss you so much.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

In July, a tour was announced featuring both bands in a pairing that's oddly appropriate: in 2006 Patrick played in a supergroup with Dean and Robert DeLeo of STP, called Army Of Anyone. Bennington, with his band Linkin Park, used to cover “Wish” live; the video for the Grammy-winning Nine Inch Nails song featured Patrick on guitar. The two sat down with The Hollywood Reporter before the bands' Sept. 9 bow in Boston to talk about the tour, new music, working with the DeLeo brothers, and why Bennington is a good fit for STP.