• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

翻訳お願いします

下記の文章の翻訳をお願いします。 If it weren't for the following people, not only would the pages you're about to read never have been written, but this author would never have learned the real meaning of the words "to soar"

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数3
  • 閲覧数39
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.2
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7239)

読者の存在がなかったら、これからお読みになるページが書かれることはなかったろうし、それに筆者が to soar という語の本当の意味を知ることもなかっただろう。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

その他の回答 (2)

• 回答No.3
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3490/5258)

以下に名前をあげる人たちがいないなら、読者のみなさんが、これから読もうとする本のページは決して書かれなかっただけでなく、著者である私は、"to soar"(舞い上がること)の意味を本当には身につけていなかったであろう。 ★おそらく、ある本の著者が、本文に入る前の献呈の辞(dedicateすること)を述べている中の文でしょう。これから名前をあげる人たちに感謝の意を表そうとしている文です。 ★to soarは、本の中で意味が表現されているはずで、舞い上がることなのか、滑空することなのか、飛翔なのか、ここではわかりません。一応、舞い上がるとしました。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ありがとうございます。

• 回答No.1
  • sd1566
  • ベストアンサー率66% (2/3)

「それは次の人々のためではなかった場合、あなたが読むことを約いるページが書き込まれていただろうだけでなく、この著者は"急上昇する"という言葉の本当の意味を学んだことはなかっただろう」 かな? パソコンの翻訳機能使ってそのまま載せただけなので、意味分かんない文になってしまいましたがこれでよければ。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳お願いします!!

That is true... But I guess I would better if I said "I want u in my life"... Wakaru?? Need and want are two different words... I would never say anything to hurt you... 恥ずかしながら なんとな~くでしかわからず、ずっと彼とメールのやりとりを してたんですが、今回大事な感じの流れになってきたのを察し ちゃんと日本語に直していただきたくお願いしました。 宜しくお願いします!!

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

First of all they don't have the legal right to call themselves STP because I'm still a member of the band. And more importantly, they don't have the ethical right to call themselves Stone Temple Pilots because it's misleading and dishonest to the millions of fans that have followed us for so many years. When I tour on my own, it's never as Stone Temple Pilots. It's as Scott Weiland. The fans deserve to know what they're getting.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I knew if he got in the White House it would be fucking difficult to get him out. Never in my life have I ever been this disgusted by our government.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

We would be real, real silly about it to try to recreate what we did. We're honestly, honestly, very simply moving forward. And when we do revisit the catalog in a live situation, we just wanna do it justive and want it to resonate with everybody. I mean, look, man, there's a lot of songs there that people have some real-life experiences with — good and bad. And when they come see the band, we want them to experience that nostalgia and that melancholy feeling. And I think, first and foremost, we wanna deliver it really, really hard hitting.

• had never

if words had never existed how would you describe your feeling to someone?や she never had been there before、 また、the feeling i had never felt beforeといった文のhad neverなのですが、have never に変換してしますと、ニュアンスはどのように変わりますか?  どの文も完了形のhave neverにしてもいいのではないかというふうに、思うのですが..どうなんでしょうか。。(ー_ー;)

• 以下の英文を訳してください。

All they learned(he said) was a vocabulary of okay words for essay-writing, which they strung together in arbitary order, relying on the fact that an examiner pressed for time would not actually read what they had written but would scan down the pages looking for these words. He didn't mean to be taken very seriously but it struck me that we could test this hypothesis in practice.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Sarah sanders is complaining that the medias biased against this administration. They are hostile to him because he's a dangerous asshole. Not because of anything else. Sanders says it's not fair. She been called a liar - She has lied - If the people are hostile to you then there's probably a reason. They wouldn't act this way towards a real president. They never have. This guy is a dangerous malignant senile racist women hating narcissist - And the press is treating him that way. If they weren't we'd be in big trouble. They want to be able to lie and be racist horrible people. And they don't want anyone quoting their lies back to them. That's unfair!!

• 翻訳お願いします

Margie even wrote about it that night in her diary. On the page headed May 17 , 2155 , she wrote , “Today tommy found a real book..” It was a very old book. Margie's grandfather had heard about books like it When he was a little boy. He once said his grandfather had told them that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper. They turned the pages , which were yellow. It was very funny to read the word. They stood still, instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen , you know. And then , when they turned back to the page before , it had the same words on it. It was just the same as it had been when they read it the first time. “Oh,” said Tommy. “What a waste!” When you're through with the book , you just throw it away , I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it , and it's good for many more. “Same with mine ,” said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said , “Where did you find it?” “In my house.” He pointed without looking , because he was busy reading. “In the attic.” “What's it about?” “School.”

• 翻訳お願いします

taro, That is the problem is your friend not me.! Good lasers take long time to build.! I cant deal with people that are im patient. You new from the beginning it was going to take long time because i did not have the hosts. I though the host will be in in Less then 3 weeks but it took nearlly 1 and 1 1/2 months. I know that you buy my lasers and re sell them to friend to make money and that is fine however you needed to tell your friends that it takes long time to build 3mode saik 1.7W-1.8W lasers. You know people sell lasers o this forum 3 a week and the look nice but there cheap junk inside. I put 1 laser up a week and its high quility. See the diffrence. I can tell you taro that dealing with you and your friend that you 2 have been the only too people to act like this. I hve never had anyone tell me iam slow, Not even jiro would say such a thing.! Because they know its not nice. Anyways, If you promise never to do such a thing again because if you do i will find out right away, But if you promise never to ask anyone to make a laser or laser heatsinks or parts that i make Iam will to forget about what happend iand start fresh. Let me know If you re Genue

• 英文の翻訳お願いします。

靴をの宣伝のメールだと思いますが大変でも翻訳お願いします。 Do you think you could start selling some our ‘nicks Boots’? They are hand lasted but the pricing is closer to $320-350 retail. I have some samples if you would like to take a look. We’re able to do oxfords in 3, 4 and 5” heights, different colored upper stitching and sole stitching and we also have a 5” lace to toe model. Let me know if you’re interested, I can send you some detailed pictures.