• 締切済み

「ラベンダーは青い」の一節について…

マザー・グースの「ラベンダーは青い」の一節について、 お尋ねします。(地方によって、いろんなバージョンが あるようですが…) "Some to the plow, dilly, dilly, Some to the fork" ここは、 「あるものには、鋤仕事をさせ、ディリディリ  あるものには、鍬仕事をさせよう」 といった訳でよいでしょうか。 私としては、鍬仕事も、鋤仕事も同じ畑仕事 なのだから、いまいち、しっくりこないのですが...。 なお、この「ラベンダーは青い」の全歌詞を 下に、書いておきますね。 『Lavender's blue』 Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, Lavender's green; When I am king, dilly, dilly, You shall be queen. Who told you so, dilly dilly, Who told you so? It was my own heart, dilly dilly, That told me so. Call up your men, dilly, dilly, Set them to work; Some to the plow, dilly, dilly, Some to the fork. Some to make hay, dilly, dilly, Some to cut corn; While you and I, dilly, dilly, Keep ourselves warm. です。

みんなの回答

• oignies
  • ベストアンサー率20% (673/3354)
回答No.4

回答3の説明をよんだうえで語学のプロとして訳語をえらばせてもらうなら あるものは、鋤につかせよ あるものには、鍬をもたせよ がよいのではないでしょうか。 もしくは、 鋤につくものに 鍬をもつもの と訳すのが賢明と思います。 (あるものを日本語にしない)

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

plow と fork には下記のような相違があります。 1. plough(イギリス綴り) plow (アメリカ綴り)は、語源的には1対の牛が一日に耕す面積、で、下記の上の図のようにもともと牛が引く農具です。 http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/plow%5B1%5D 2. fork の形では、現在は食事の道具に使われ、農具は、下記のような pitchfork です。 https://www.google.com/search?q=pitchfork&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#client=firefox-a&hs=0L7&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=pitchfork+picture&revid=1310215915&sa=X&ei=14i-UZfuGMfUqAHZiYCACQ&ved=0CG8Q1QIoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47883778,d.aWM&fp=c56df5e37c0fd5df&biw=1920&bih=880 3。私としては、鍬仕事も、鋤仕事も同じ畑仕事なのだから、いまいち、しっくりこないのですが...。     と言うことですが 1 は牛が土を掘り返すために使う農具、2 は人間が干し草を運ぶ道具、なので、農作業の伝統が異なる日本の文化で、訳語に「鋤」と「鍬」だけだと無理はあるでしょうが、     「あるものには、耕す仕事をさせ、ディリディリ  あるものには、干し草を運ばせよう」     とでも区別すべきかと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • drmuraberg
  • ベストアンサー率71% (847/1183)
回答No.2

既によい回答が付いているようですが、一言。 鋤仕事と鍬仕事では浮かび上がる情景が全く違います。 鋤仕事は、牧草を集め干草を作る農作業。牧草地のイメージです。 鍬仕事は、土を掘り起こし農作物を作る作業。畑に芋でも植えるイメージです。 どちらも農作業(畑仕事)だから同じというのではこの差が消えてしまいます。 ちなみに鍬仕事は畑仕事と言いますが、鋤仕事は畑仕事とは言いません。 牧草地を牧草畑とは言わないからです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • blackhill
  • ベストアンサー率35% (585/1658)
回答No.1

熊手通りすがりに質問が目に留まりました。昔、亡くなった母が地元のコーラスで歌っていたのを思い出します。 さて、フォークというのは食器のフォークと同じ形で、干し草などを突き刺して運ぶ農具のはずです。辞書には熊手とありますが、熊手(rake)は集める道具なので形状が違います。  次節の干し草を作るという表現は、もちろんフォークを受けているのでしょう。  たまたま見つかった訳詩を紹介します。   ラヴェンダーは青い ララ ラヴェンダーは緑   僕が王様なら ララ 君は女王さ   誰があなたに ララ そういったの?   それは僕の ララ 心がいったのさ    家来たちを呼んで ララ 働かせなさい   鍬を使って ララ 熊手をふるって   干草を作り ララ 麦を脱穀し   その間わたしたちは ララ 抱き合ってましょう   ラヴェンダーは緑 ララ ラヴェンダーは青い   愛してくれるなら ララ 君を愛するよ   鳥たちは歌い ララ 羊は遊ぶ   僕たちは二人 ララ 安らかに暮らそう   踊るのが好きよ ララ 歌うのが好きよ   わたしが女王なら ララ あなたは王様   誰が君に ララ そういったの?   わたしだけの ララ 秘密の独り言

ralph-ailing
質問者

お礼

早々に、ご丁寧なご回答をいただき、誠にありがとうございます。 訳は、どなたが訳されたのか分かりませんが、上手に訳されて いらっしゃいますね。 でも、そうですか…。"fork" は「熊手」なのですか。 そして、「熊手」が次のスタンザの「干し草作り」を 受けているのですか。 "plow" "fork" の順番なのは、脚韻の関係なのでしょうね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳

who do you think told me so? 役をおしえてください。

• I told you so'sの構造教えてください

I told you so's(=so as?)の意味・構造を教えてください

• god forbid

So, if you haven't told your therapist about this, please do so right away. And if, god forbid, your current therapist happens to subscribe to your mom's theory that you're being hunted by evil forces from the underworld, please call the NAMI helpline, explain your symptoms, and ask for help connecting with a psychiatrist who can screen you for mental illness. ここでのgod forbidはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 海外メール文通しているのですが・・・。

特に★以降の文章は見合っているでしょうか。 It's very fine day today here, so I planted Borage(Star Flower), True Lavender and Chamomile Roman. You can sleep better and relieved if you drink Lavender and Chamomile for tea also put lavender under your pillow. I feel so comfortable if I just see the herb garden. It's more than fun too. Moreover, I am now interested in aromatherapy. I put some aroma oil in the bathtub and enjoy them. It really works for me to enjoy even with the one drop. There is very big difference between drinking lavender and absorbing one, so I really enjoy these herbs. By the way, I am ashamed of being called as "A-chan" from friends. My best friend calls me my name. You can call me "A-chan" "A-san" or "A子" as you like. Well, my age is 28 years old. How about you? You sounds you are pretty familiar with Japanese. How long have you studied it? What things made you to be confused when you study Japanese? ★お返事は遅くなっても構いません。 長く続けていただけることを希望します。 今後もよろしくお願いします。 It's okay if you can reply me soon, but I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

• needについてるs

Teenagers should never be told that they will be taking the place of the parent who has died, rather you should help them focus on their needs for the future, such as education or training for work. However, again it is natural for the remaining members of the family to regroup and some sharing of responsibilities needs to take place. という少し長い分の最後の some sharing of responsibilities needs to take placeのresponsibilitiesにsがついてて複数なのにneedにsがついているのはどうしてでしょうか?だれか回答おねがいします。

• クマのプーさんの一節の英訳をお願いします。

物語の”I”で始まる文章は誰が話している言葉なのか?作者なのか?、youは誰のことを指しているのか?などまったく意味がわかりません。 よろしくお願い致します。 Anyhow, here he is at the bottm, and ready to be introduced to you, Winnie-the-Pooh. When I first heard his name, I said, just as you are going to say, "But I thought he was a boy?" "So did I," said Christopher Robin. "Then you can't call him Winnie?" "I don't." "But you said - " "He's Winnie-ther-Pooh. Don't you know what 'ther' means?" "Ah, yes, now I do," I said quickly; and I hope you do too, because it is all the explanation you are going to get.

• ホストファミリーから届いたメールなんて言ってるのか分からない

今年の夏オーストラリアのほうにホームステイにいってきました 帰ってきてからメールが来てたので返信したんですけど届いていなかったのでしょうか・・・今日来たメールの雰囲気からそんな気がするんですけれども私だけじゃ解読できないので助けてください There comes a point in your life when you realize Who matters,who never did, who won't anymore...And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it To your future. Give this heart to everyone you don't want to lose in 2008, including me, if you care. Try to collect 12; it's not easy! Be kinder than necessary because everyone you Meet is fighting some kind of battle. YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES TO TELL 6 FRIENDS (INCLUDING ME)

• 和訳です

TOEFLのために英語の勉強をしていて分からないところがあるので教えてください。 会話文のスクリプトなんですが、 M:I talked until I was blue in the face trying to explain to Susan why we should call off the proposed art exhibition, but she's so argumentative. W:You can say that again. She's the type of person who always has to get the last word in. 特に最後の She's the type of person who always has to get the last word in. が分かりません。どなたか解説の程よろしくお願いします。

• 歌詞の和訳がしりたいです。

竹内まりやの『本気でオンリーユー』の訳がどうしても知りたいので、凄く長くてお手数おかけしてしまいますが、どなたかご協力、お願いします。教えてください! Now let's get married No need to wait and waste our time Why do we have to carry on this way? No one can keep us apart So,let's get married right away I'll wake you up in the morning,my baby Sweeten your coffee with my kiss And in the night I will hold you so tightly Whisperin' the words you long to hear So, let's get married Why don't you ask me and stop hesitating? Just think how happy we can be You & me in a small house with a dog So, let's get married right away When you are blue and so down, my baby I'll give a smile to cheer you up But if I get sad and lonely Please hug me close and wipe my tears So, let's get married I just don't know how to live without you Maybe it's nice to have our kids some day And this is all I can say Now let's get married right away So, let's get married right away

• 訳してもらえませんか?

Who do you tend to sit with at lunch? Whoever’s up there really, but Jack often likes to go up there with somebody, and so does Chris, so probably one of them. なんとなく言っている意味はわかるのですが いまいち気の利いた訳し方ができません。 宜しくお願い致します!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • DCP-J1200のインク交換後に印刷してもかすれて印刷され、ほぼ白紙の状態で排出されるトラブルが発生しています。
  • お使いの環境はWindows10で無線LAN接続されており、関連するソフト・アプリは特にありません。電話回線の種類については不明です。
  • 既にトライした解決策はなく、印刷トラブルについての助言や対策をお知りになりたいです。
回答を見る