18-year-old pregnant girl's journey to motherhood

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Amber Davies, an 18-year-old high school graduate, returns home from a trip feeling sick and on edge over her recent break-up. Little does she know, she's already pregnant.
  • Amber discovers that she is pregnant and feels overwhelmed by the news. She is conflicted about what to do, considering her plans to attend NYU on a scholarship.
  • Amber visits the doctor and learns that she is 11 weeks into her pregnancy. She is surprised to hear that the embryo has already developed into a fetus with a heartbeat.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文

以下の英文の翻訳お願いできませんか? (1)It was the summer after high school graduation. Amber Davies,an 18 year old, was home from her visit to New York University, the college she would be attending in the fall. She was shaping a successful future for herself. Although the trip had been exciting, she had felt sick the whole time, and had a flu-like feeling. She was on edge over her recent break-up with Brandon, her high school sweetheart. (2)I wonder if mom knows she's pregnant...I've been here nine weeks,she's got to know soon. I'm about halfan inch long now, and I weigh a little over a gram. I'm growing like crazy! The organs of my body are developing.I will be a beautiful,healthy girl. I hope mom will be happy when she finds out I'm here. (3)The next morning, Amber's nausea was unbearable.She talked on the phone with her friend, Lauren, "Well, for the past week or so I've been so tired. My head hurts, my nose is stuffy. l'm nauseous. On top of that, my breasts really hurt and feel swollen"Lauren recommended that Amber take a home pregnancy test. (4)"I can't believe it.The test came out POSITIVE! Can that be right? What am I going to do? I'm not ready to be a mother. Someday, but not now. I'm going to NYU on a full scholarship to study journalism. "Are you going to tell Brandon? "No way. We're not close anymore. He can't handle the responsibility either." Amber and Lauren decided to visit the doctor. (5)The doctor said, "Well, Amber, your blood work, urinalysis, and internal exam have confirmed that you are pregnant. According to your results, you're over 11 weeks into pregnancy." And he continued, "What are your plans for the baby? Since it is toward the end of the first trimester, if an abortion is an option, you need to make that decision before too many more weeks pass." Amber asked, "If I'm 11 weeks, then baby isn't really formed,right?" The embryo is considered a fetus and all major inner organs have begun to develop. There's a heartbeat." "There... There is? Can I a hear it?" (6)That's my heart, beating 160 times per minute. I weigh about 7 to 10 grams and I'm about 2.5 inches in length. Today my fingernails and toenails finished developing. My brain is continuing to develop. But right now I'm worried about mom. And about me.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  高校を卒業した後の夏、18になるアンバー•デイビスは、秋に入学する予定のニューヨーク大を訪ねた後、家にいた。成功に充ちた自分の将来を夢見ていた。大学への旅は興味深かったが、その間じゅう気分がすぐれなかった。彼女の高校時代の恋人ブランドンと別れて神経が尖っていた。 2。 自分が妊娠しているのをお母さんは、知っているのだろうか  私がここに9ヶ月居る訳だからやがて知ってくれなくては、、、今私の身長は半インチで、体重は1グラム。どんどん成長している。私の臓器は形になってきている。やがて、私は美しい健康な少女になる。お母さんは私がここに居ることを知って喜んでくれるといいが。 3。  翌朝、アンバーの吐き気は我慢できなくなる。友達のローレンと電話で話をし「この一週間ばかり、とっても疲れるの。頭は痛いし鼻は詰まるし、吐き気がする。おまけに胸がとっても痛いし、腫れぼったい感じがするの」というと、ローレンは、アンバーに家で出来る妊娠検査をしてみたら、と言った。   4。  「信じられない、テストは陽性。おかしくない?どうしよう? 母親にはまだなれない。いつかは成れても今は。ジャーナリズムの勉強に全額給与の奨学生でニューヨーク大に行くことになっている。「ブランドンに話す?」「冗談じゃない。もう親しくはないし、彼に責任は取れないわ」(そこで)アンバーとローレンは医者のところへ行った。  5。  医者は「さて、アンバー、君の血液(検査)、尿分析、内部検査は、君が妊娠していることを示している、その結果妊娠して11週目だ」と言った。「赤ちゃんはどうする? 妊娠最初の三ヶ月の終わりだから、堕胎を考えているなら、この23週のうちにどうするか決めなくてはならない」と、続けた。     アンバーは、「もし妊娠11週なら、まだ赤ちゃん本当の形が出来ていないのでしょう?」と聞いた。胎芽は、すべての主要な内臓器官が発達し始めて胎児と考えられる。(このあたり何か抜けています)ほら、心音だ。「ほら、ほらね?」 6。それは1分間160回脈動している私の心臓だ。私の重さは7グラムから10グラム、長さは2、5インチぐらいだ。今日私の手足の爪の成形が終わった。私の頭脳の発育は続く。しかし今のところ母が心配だ。それに私のことも(心配)だ。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

Unfortunately,I was robbed of my pleasure recently. I had my favorite view that was precious thing to me. The view is the sea that was able to see from the road in front of my house. I arrived at my house while always seeing the sea in the front. But a new house is built there pretty soon. I'm sure they will be enjoy the view and I'll be worry about scenery disappear little by little. 残念なことに私の楽しみが奪われました。 私には大切な景色があります。その景色は私の家の前の道から見える海です。 私はいつも正面に海を見ながら家に辿り着きます。しかし、まもなくそこには家が建ちます。 きっと彼らはその景色を楽しむでしょう、そして私は少しずつ消えていく風景に悩まされるでしょう。

• 英文の添削をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

Unfortunately,I was robbed of my pleasure recently. I had my favorite view that was precious thing to me. The view is the sea that was able to see from the road in front of my house. I arrived at my house while always seeing the sea in the front. But a new house is built there pretty soon. I'm sure they will be enjoy the view every day and I'll be worry about scenery disappear little by little. 残念なことに私の楽しみが奪われました。 私には大切な景色があります。その景色は私の家の前の道から見える海です。 私はいつも正面に海を見ながら家に辿り着きます。しかし、まもなくそこには家が建ちます。 きっと彼らはその景色を毎日楽しむ事でしょう、そして私は少しずつ消えていく風景に悩まされるでしょう。

• 英文の一部だけ解説お願いします。

There was a time in my life when I would not have been so sensitive to my friend's feelings. I would have probably given her a sermon about the benefits of discipline and the dangers of overeating and poor nutrition. However, I would not have succeeded in doing anything but making my friend feel guilty and condemned. When she asked me to share ideas that might help her I did so, 『 but with an attitude that did not make her feel that I had it all together and she was a mess.』 I have discovered that one way to love people is to help them not to feel worse about the things they already feel bad about. (Joyce Meyerの本より抜粋) かぎカッコをつけた部分だけ文法も含めた解説をお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳を願います。

In a scientific paper published in 1672 about “shining flesh,” Boyle inserted a narrative about the “night before,” and set up a mousetrap of his own, a fact-within-a-fact, so to speak: Yesterday, when I was about to go to bed, an amanuensis of mine, accustomed to make observations, informed me, that one of the servants of the house, going upon some occasion to the larder, was frightened by something luminous, that she saw . . . where the meat had been hung up before. Whereupon, suspending for a while my going to rest, I presently sent for the meat into my chamber, and caused it to be placed in a corner of a room capable of being made considerably dark, and then I plainly saw, both with wonder and delight, that the joint of meat did, in divers places, shine like rotten wood or stinking fish; which was so uncommon a sight, that I had presently thought of inviting you to be a sharer in the pleasure of it. (quoted in Daston and Park 1998:13) 上記英文を御訳し下さい。

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英文 修正してください!

I got a your e-mail. I going to TOKYO at 1th February. I am sorry about I will coming there when you will be busy weeks! I will able to change to booking if you want! how about MIKA? She is all right? thank you. M メールうけとりました! 東京に行くのは2月1日です。忙しい時期に行ってしまい、すいません! チケットを変更することは可能です! ところで、MIKAは元気ですか? またお返事お待ちしてます。 M のような文章です。

• よろしくお願いします

I’m an office manager; once, a boss told me that I was part of the overheads to her and what she liked best about me was the fact that I don’t need external validation to be happy. https://www.thecut.com/2015/07/ask-polly-are-my-friends-using-me.htm ここでのoverheadsはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、external validationはどう訳せばよいでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を訳してください

この文を訳してください!! My mom is very protective of me so she doesn't like it if I talk to people, who she thinks are strangers. :) But we just have to be quiet and sneaky. heehee. Is that okay with you?

• 以下の英文について教えてください

The mournful truth that a man — every man-must die alone, had been thrust sharply into my mind and kept there by the frequent violent attacks of my malady I suffered at that time, every one of which threatened to be the last. (中略) Then my mother died. Her perfect health failed her suddenly, and her decline was not long. But she suffered much, and on the last occasion of my being with her at her bedside she told me that she was very tired and had no fear of death, and would be glad to go but for the thought of leaving me in such a precarious state of health and with a mind distressed. Even then she put no questions to me, but only expressed the hope that her prayers for me would be answered and that at the last we should be together again. I cannot say, as I might say in the case of any other relation or friend, that I had lost her. (中略) It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago to have my secret and most cherished feelings about my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend who, albeit still young, has made himself a name in the world, one who had never known a mother, she having died during his infancy. <最後のIt came to me~の英文について>: It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago~のasは「~として」ですか? as I had never heard them expressed ~のasは「~のように」ですか? (themはmy secret and most cherished feelings ?) my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend のところの意味がよくわからないのですが、 expressedの取り方は、 my own mother expressed to me私自身の母親が私に表現した、 I had never heard them expressed私はそれらが表現されるのを決して聞いたことがない、 ですか? she having died during his infancyここは独立分詞構文で、「彼女は彼の幼年時代に亡くなってしまったので」? ----Far Away and Long Ago :W.H.Hudson

• 英文のお手紙日本語に直してください

こんにちは、いつもお世話はになってます。少し長文ですが、 通訳してください。   Wow! 5 Kids. I dont have kids, and i'm not married yet. Well, I only left school a few weeks ago. I am going on holiday next week So i will take lots of photos and perhaps i can show them to you? I am staying in the UK for my Holiday so you will be able to see a bit of what it is like around here, :) It is summer here too and very Hot. I thought it would be winter in japan right now, seeing as it is on the other side of the world. Guess i was wrong :) I went to australia a couple of years ago and was told that it a very popular place for japanese tourists to go. Have you ever been there? I ended up being photographed with a large Japanese family while I was there because i had a very pretty bird sat on my hand.