Scott Weilandの解雇とChester Benningtonの参加について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Scott Weilandの解雇に関して、Chester Benningtonが参加することが明かされました。
  • Chester BenningtonはWeilandに対して感謝の意を示し、彼の才能を称えました。
  • STPの他のメンバーはWeilandを称賛することはありませんでした。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

The firing of Scott Weiland is mentioned at the end of the interview. The interviewer asked if they let Weiland know ahead of time that Bennington would be replacing him. Dean joked, “He changed his numbers years ago and never forwarded them to us.” Bennington praised Weiland, “We wish nothing but the best for Scott. Great singer, helped participate in making some of the best records of all time, wish nothing but the best for him.” The other members of STP did not join in on praising Weiland.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

インタビューも終わる頃、スコットウェイランドの解雇に話が及んだ。 インタビュアーは、バンドはウェイランドに、 ベニントンが交代要員として加入することを事前に告げたのかと訊ねた。 するとディーンはふざけて、 『彼はもうとっくに自作曲を勝手に変えてるし、 今の所一切それをこっちには伝えて来ないしね』 一方、ベニントンはウェイランドを褒めちぎっている。 『何が何でも、スコットにはベストを期するよ。 素晴らしいシンガーだし、時代を超えた名盤の制作に関与した人物だ。 今後の彼に期待したいね』 ただ他のバンドメンバーときたら、どこ吹く風といった面持ちではあったが。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, featuring Chester Bennington, will release an EP this fall, in conjunction with a North American tour that kicks off on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and winds down on September 27 in Las Vegas. Weiland told The Pulse Of Radio that he and Bennington were good friends before this, but he doesn't see Bennington's move as a betrayal. "Yeah, I mean, I've known Chester for a long time," he said. "I got to be pretty close with him on the Family Values tour. I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. The brothers DeLeo [Dean, guitar and Robert, bass], they can be pretty persuasive." Weiland recently embarked on a new run of solo tour dates beginning on August 2 in Los Angeles. As with his other shows earlier in the year, Weiland is playing material from STP's first two albums, "Core" and "Purple", as well as a smattering of covers, solo tunes and other STP tracks. Weiland's use of STP songs in his solo shows was reportedly one of the reasons why the band sacked and then sued him. The band members claim that this, along with his erratic behavior and substance abuse issues, damaged their career.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, featuring Chester Bennington, will release an EP this fall, in conjunction with a North American tour that kicks off on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and winds down on September 27 in Las Vegas. Weiland told The Pulse Of Radio that he and Bennington were good friends before this, but he doesn't see Bennington's move as a betrayal. "Yeah, I mean, I've known Chester for a long time," he said. "I got to be pretty close with him on the Family Values tour. I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. The brothers DeLeo [Dean, guitar and Robert, bass], they can be pretty persuasive."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

CHESTER BENNINGTON CALLS FORMER STP SINGER SCOTT WEILAND “ONE OF THE GREATEST FRONTMEN OF ALL TIME” In a recent interview with the Phoenix New Times, Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington was asked if he's spoken to his predecessor Scott Weiland since replacing him. He was also asked about Weiland saying he had “no ill will” against him: “Uh, no, I haven’t talked to him. I really appreciate that, though, because I have the utmost respect for Scott. He's one of the best frontmen of all time. He's definitely given me someone I can look to and go, that's how I want to perform . . . I want to put on a show like that. To be that passionate about that. So, in that respect, I have nothing but respect for Scott. I appreciate, too, that he sees that this is not something personal, from my point of view. It's something that I take very seriously and I want him to be successful in his life. But at the same time, as a musician and as a fan of the band, I want the band to continue. So if I can be a part of making that happen, then that's great. But I can tell you very confidently that, you know, if it wasn't me, it would be somebody else. But this is a choice the band made and this is how they felt that they needed to move forward. So I support that and I'm stoked that it's me that's taking over the reins because I know I can pay it the respect it deserves.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Most people are going to choose to see STP with Bennington over Weiland. STP still have 3/4 of the original members, the band name, and they also have Chester Bennington who will bring in a whole new generation of STP fans with Linkin Park's massive following. If the radio play of “Out of Time” today on KROQ in LA (they played the song once per hour) is any indication, the Chester Bennington era could bring STP back to commercial prominence. And if STP follow the Van Halen model, Scott Weiland will be back again down the line, but unfortunately Eric Kretz will be fired and replaced by one of the DeLeo brothers’ children. I think it's best for everybody to just sit back and enjoy the soap opera.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STP fired Weiland earlier this year and recruited LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington to take over. The group sued Weiland in May, accusing him of using the band's name to advance his solo career, while claiming that his poor performances, late arrivals, and addiction struggles harmed the band's career. Weiland has countersued, claiming that the band cannot use the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name without him.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STP will release the new EP through their own label. It will contain five songs, including the previously released "Out Of Time". STP fired Weiland in February after reuniting with him in 2010 for a series of tours and one self-titled album. The band had previously been on hiatus since 2002, primarily due to the singer's struggles with drugs and alcohol. The group sued Weiland in May, accusing him of using the band's name to advance his solo career, while claiming that his poor performances, late arrivals, and addiction struggles harmed the band's career. Weiland has countersued, claiming that the band cannot use the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name without him.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland has apologized to the group's fans who are "caught in the middle" of his very public legal battle with his former bandmates. STP fired Weiland earlier this year and recruited LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington to take over. The group sued Weiland in May, accusing him of using the band's name to advance his solo career, while claiming that his poor performances, late arrivals, and addiction struggles harmed the band's career. Weiland has countersued, claiming that the band cannot use the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name without him.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Other than Bennington's obvious presence, the shuffled material added to the freshness. Song choices were smart and for the most part played to his strengths. With Scott Weiland being obviously absent, the band eschewed playing Plush, a curious move. The trade-off being more rare material gets time to shine. It's a wonder some of the old catalog songs weren't played in the past ten years, or ever. This could be owing to Weiland's or the band's preferences, but either way, some variety is welcome at STP shows. Overall, similar to Weiland's solo show, the set could benefit from a few more song additions. STP plays the game they know best, granting Bennington may not be everyone's taste. It's an entertaining show, but maybe not arena-size just yet.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dave Williams of Australia's Triple M radio station recently conducted an interview with STONE TEMPLE PILOTS guitarist Dean DeLeo. You can now listen to the chat using the SoundCloud widget below. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will release a new five-song EP called "High Rise" on October 8. The disc will be the second release featuring LINKIN PARK singer Chester Bennington following current single "Out Of Time", which emerged last spring and went to No. 1 on the rock chart. STP fired Scott Weiland in February after reuniting with him in 2010 for a series of tours and one self-titled album. The band had previously been on hiatus since 2002, primarily due to the singer's struggles with drugs and alcohol. The group sued Weiland in May, accusing him of using the band's name to advance his solo career, while claiming that his poor performances, late arrivals, and addiction struggles harmed the band's career. Weiland has countersued, claiming that the band cannot use the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name without him.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean and I wanted to do something, we wanted to be part of the 12.12.12 concert but we ran it by Scott [Weiland] and he didn't want to do it. I think he was already booked to actually go back and do Starland at the time [his shows were rescheduled to other venues in December of 2012]. He was doing the solo stuff and [because of that] we didn't have the chance to go back. That's pretty fucking frustrating man. So to come back here now and re-open this, it means a lot. It's a really big deal for Dean and I.” Stone Temple Pilots fired Weiland in February and Chester Bennington replaced him in May.