月面探査で科学の進歩により夢がなくなる?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 月にウサギが存在しないことが証明されたとしても、人々の夢はなくならなかった。
  • 子供たちは月の六分の一の重力の世界でバドミントンなどの活動ができるのかという想像を広げた。
  • 初めて月に人類が降り立った時、科学の進歩によって夢がなくなると考える人々がいたが、それは違った。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文 添削お願いします

初めて月に人類が降り立った時、科学が進みすぎて夢がなくなったと考えた人が少なくなかった。しかし、月にウサギなど存在しないことが証明されたからといって、夢はなくなりはしなかった。むしろ子供たちは、六分の一の重力の世界とはどんなところか、バドミントンはできるのか、とどんどん想像が広がっていった。 When a human being landed on the moon at the first time,not a few people thought that they had no dreams because science advanced too much.Though it was proved that there were no rabbits on the moon,some people still had dreams.Children wondered what the world with one sixth gravity of the gravity on the earth was like and if they could play badminton or not.They greatly expanded their images like that.

• ktdg
  • お礼率54% (85/156)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • jjubilee
  • ベストアンサー率75% (367/485)
回答No.2

1)初めて月に人類が降り立った時、科学が進みすぎて夢がなくなったと考えた人が少なくなかった。 When a human being landed on the moon at the first time, not a few people thought that they had no dreams because science advanced too much. *** "at the first time" → "for the first time" *** "not a few people" → いいですね。"quite a few people"もあります。 ***「科学が進みすぎて夢がなくなった」というパターンを見てすぐに「too ... to ...」が使えないかと考えるべきですね。せっかく"too much"が最後に書かれているのに。 → Science advanced too much for us to have a romantic dream. → Science was too far ahead for us to have a romantic dream. 2)しかし、月にウサギなど存在しないことが証明されたからといって、夢はなくなりはしなかった。 Though it was proved that there were no rabbits on the moon, some people still had dreams. ***「Though (A), (B).=(A)だけれども(B)である。」でも悪くはないと思います。しかし「(A)だからといって(B)ではない」という型もありますね。→ not (B), just because (A) つまり、"But no such dreams have ever been gone just because it has been proved that there exists no rabbits on the moon." ← "be gone"は"disappear"でも可。 *** 日本語の時制はそのまま英語の時制に直してはいけません。1)は「昔々あるところに・・・」という完全に過去の事実の話しだから過去形をつかわなければんなりません。2)は一応「証明された」とはなっていますが、その影響が今日まで残っているという意味で現在完了が適当と思われます。つまり2)の文全体の時制の「系」は「現在」だということです。 *** 後半は"The existence of rabbits on the moon has been proved to be denied."なんて文も想定してもいいですね。 3)むしろ子供たちは、六分の一の重力の世界とはどんなところか、バドミントンはできるのか、とどんどん想像が広がっていった。 Children wondered what the world with one sixth gravity of the gravity on the earth was like and if they could play badminton or not. They greatly expanded their images like that. ***「六分の一の重力」という言い方は難しいですね。こういう言い方は入試問題としてもヒントとして出されるべきでしょうね。「重力」の大きさの形容は"strong"を使うようです。 「(A)の重力は(B)の重力の六分の一である。」という言い方が基本です。 → The gravity of (A) is one sixth as strong as that of (B). → The gravity of (A) is one sixth the strength of that of (B). → The moon has about 1/6th the gravity of the Earth.(下記サイト参照) http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_gravity_of_the_Moon_compared_to_the_Earth などを鑑みて、「六分の一の重力」という言い方は → the gravity one sixth as strong as that of the earth → the gravity one sixth the strength of that of the earth → one sixth the gravity of the earth 一番下が最も簡潔ですね。 ***「とどんどん想像が広がっていった」などのような表現の難しさは"have + 形容詞 + imagination"で解決することも出来ます。でないと"expand"のように用法を確認できない動詞を使わなければならなくなります。 (例)Children, on the contrary, have had greater and greater imagination --- "What's the world of one sixth the gravity of the earth? "- "Can we play badminton there(/ on the moon)?" etc. *** "etc."は"and the like"や"and so on"なども可です。 注意点: 1.時制は文ごとに決めずに、文章全体を見渡して決めること。3)も現在(完了)でしょうね。つまり時間系列を「過去」系、「現在」系、「未来」系のどれに当てはめるか大きな目で決めること。その中に「単純形・進行形・完了(進行)形」などが具体的に設定されます。 2.各所、英語作成の難しいところは、基本文を作ってみること。

ktdg
質問者

お礼

詳しい回答ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• miknnik
  • ベストアンサー率48% (249/513)
回答No.1

まず最初のフレーズは少しぎこちないので、普通ならThe first time と出だしにもって来れると思いますが、これは英語なら簡単に:When the first man landed on the moon とできます。また語彙の選択ですが、dream は例えば子供が将来携わりたい職業の様に、個人の希望を意味するために使う事が多いですが、この場合は imagination の方が適切だと思います。ディズニーの歌にもありますね。また「月のウサギ」は日本の myth でそのまま訳しても英語圏の人間には理解し難いので、英語圏の myth に変えました。Prove の過去分詞は proven です。 この様な点を考慮して書き換えてみましたが、下記の通りです: When the first human landed on the moon, more than a few people thought that the scientific advancement was too rapid for them to stay imaginative. On the contrary, it was proven otherwise although there was no more ‘the Man in the Moon’ myth. Children’s curiosity was piqued by the event; they wondered what the world with one sixth of the earth gravity was like, and if they could play badminton on the moon. 日本語の文をそのまま英語に置き換えられない場合もありますし、できても重複があってモタモタした文章になってしまう事もあります。英語ではなるべく簡潔に解り易く書く事が好まれます。

ktdg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

大学入試の問題です。英作文が苦手なので少しでも点数を伸ばせればと思っています。他にもいくつか投稿しようと思っていますので添削していただければうれいしいです。(><) 問題 下の絵にかかれた状況を自由に解釈し45~55語の英語で説明せよ。 The woman had putted a chocolate on the dish. however,now,it was disappeared. So she asked her children with anger whether they had eaten it. They answered "no",but when she looked at around the boy`s mouth,she found that the boy had eaten it.(46words) 不自然なところがあれば訂正お願いしますm(__)m

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

出来れば間違い箇所の指摘、訂正をお願いします。 1.私は新校舎に入ってみる気にはなれなかった。1つには、これはもう私の出た学校ではないという寂しさがあったためである。 I didn't feel like entering the new school building.One reason was there was sadness that it was not what I had graduated from. 2.今や家屋の値段が高くなりすぎたので、若い人たちは将来のために貯金するよりは、むしろ現在の生活を楽しむことにお金を使おうとする。 Young people prefer to spend their money enjoying themselves rather than saving it for the future, because the price of houses are too high now. よろしくお願いします

• 英作文の添削おねがいします!

英作文(和文英訳)の添削お願いします。間違ってるところ、変なところ等があれば教えてください。直してもらえればありがたいです。 I・アフリカでは数多くの人たちが餓死していると新聞で報じられている。 It is reported in the newspaper that in Africa a lot of people die of hunger. II・家について初めて財布がないのに気がついた。 It was not until I came home that I found I had lost my purse. どうぞよろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 英作文の添削お願いします!

英作文の添削お願いします! 指定語数は80語なんですが、本番では100語なので100語で設定して書きました。 テーマは、制服着用の長所と短所です。 ヨロシクお願いします! Some schools are requring school niforms ,but others are not. Each of them has disadvantage and advantage.Now,I would like to mention these two things. First,disadvantage of requring school niforms is that they can not develop their sense of uniquness or individuality .And their school are specified by other people when they do not want to be. Second,the advantage of wearing school uniforms is that they do not have to choose which clothing to put on, and the students who can not afford to buy it would not suffer from choosing cloyhes. Therefore,because school uniforms have disadvantages and advantage as above things,we must not think light of the meanings of requring school uniforms.

• 英作文の添削出来る方お願いします。

「私は白い御飯が大好きで……」 と言う若い女性が増えた気がする。昔はそんなことはあまり言わなかった。好むと好まざるとに関わらず、米の飯以外の選択肢は少なかった。それ以前の、米の飯すら贅沢だと思われていた時代と比べれば幸せということだが、ことさらに 「白い御飯が大好き」 なんていう人は、それほど多くなかった。 I think the number of women who says that they love rice which is not added any flavor.But in the past, they didn't offen said that. Because regardless of one's taste, there is few option except rice. Compared with former age where people thought even rice is expensive on which people live, people in that age is happier, but there weren't so many people who especialy say they love rice. よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

最近、私は皮膚に赤い斑点が出ることに悩まされている。医者は一種の蕁麻疹だ、薬を1日二回飲むようにと言う。今までこんな病気をしたことなかったのに、突如表れてとても驚いている。 体質は変わるということを身にしみてかんじた経験である。 These days , I am troubled with desease which a red spot appear in my skin. The doctor said to me that it is one of nettle rash , and asked me for taking medicines two times a day. I had not have desease like this , so I was very surprised. They say that constitution is changeable,I felt these things strongly. 英語の勉強中なので、変な表現とかあるかもしれませんが、どうかご指導のほど宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

今年大学受験をするものですが、宅浪なので英作文の添削をしてくれる人がいません。なので添削をお願いします。 テーマ:自分の失敗とその失敗から学んだことを100字以内で書け When I was fourteen. I bought a cell phone. As soon as I use it, I liked to call my friends on it. One day, I called one of my friends loudly on my cell phone in the train. I did not realize that I was annoying other people on board. then the woman sitting by me said to me that you should hang up your phone and pay more attention to people around you. After she scolded me, Iwas ashamed of my attitude and learnedthe importance of cosidering other people from this experience.

• 英作文添削お願いします。

テーマはここ数年のニュースで話題になったものというものです。 I was interested in the news which the age of adult should be lowered to eighteen years old. I agree with this idea. Young people these days are overprotected. They can't know anything about the world. It is true that people in their teens still aren't mentally and physically mature. Many teenager don't have a full time job, live with their parents and depend on their parents, However, this is the reason why the age of adult should be lowered. Someday, they will have to live by their own. If they have to be responsible to everything they do, they will become aware that they should be independent. They would also appreciate their parents. よろしくおねがいします。

• 英作文 添削

たとえば、何度も繰り返して見た、一番なじみ深い夢は、僕の場合、笑う月に追いかけられる夢だ。最初はたしか、小学生の頃だったと思う。恐怖のあまり、しばらく、夜になって眠らなければならないのが苦痛だったほどだ。 The dream that I saw many times is the monn chasing me with rough. I saw it for the first time when I was elementaly school student. I had the bad time that I must have sleeped at night because of the feaful of the dream. 学校の先生に添削してもらおうとしたんですが、あまりまじめに添削してくれませんでした。 添削も数回しかしてもらったことがなく基本例文も一通り覚えたつもりですが、例文を覚えた効果を感じられていないような状況です。 文法面でおかしいところがたくさんあると思います、面倒ですがお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

「Social statusとHealthを関連させて食について論じなさい」 字数指定はありませんが、過去の問題から推測すると少なくとも100字は必要だと思います。 点数を25点満点でつけて頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いします。  (1)It is important to consider both social status and Health. This is why there are many food problems such as unbalanced nutrition, eating without measure, and food shortage yet to be resolved.  (2)There are, for example, my friends who eat many instsnt foods almost everyday. One of my friends had had a serious stomachache for three monthes. This desease was due to overeating instant foods. It is true that the instant foods are low expense, but they lack in nutrition.  (3)Arother example is overeating and foodshortage. Former and later are related with each other. I have watched a very fat people and small, poor children who are not able to eat enough foods on TV. I often think the part of which people who eat to excess eat should be given to poor people.  (4)There are other many problems yet be resolved. We shoud take food problems like above exampleks into considering .