• 締切済み

What is your deal? 意味は?

What is your deal? の意味を教えてください。 アメリカのバンドのWebアンケートで上記の質問がありました。 アンケートの前の説明では下のように書かれています。 Thanks for taking the time to participate in our Official LivePhish.com 2013 Survey. We are in the midst of the most significant upgrade to the service since its 2002 launch and we'd like your feedback and participation. As a Thank You for your time, anyone who participates in the survey will be entered into drawing to win LivePhish.com shows and posters. Twenty fans who complete the survey will be chosen at random to receive one free MP3 show of their choice from LivePhish.com. One grand prize winner will receive a complete set of Phish's past New Year's Run posters by James Flames, from Phish Dry Goods.

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

みんなの回答

回答No.5

アンケートの質問項目ということであれば、イディオム的というより、 文字通りの意味なんでしょうね。 ただ、deal の意味がちょっとわかりにくいです。 「deal は何ですか」 ここで deal が量などを表す語であれば「いくらですか」という感覚になります。 What is the price of ~? と言えば price の意味を聞くのでなく、値段がいくらなのか。 price が何かを答えるということはその数値を答えるということ。 What is your weight? と言えば体重を聞いています。 deal に「待遇」の意味があるので、「どんな待遇?」「給料はいくら?」なのかも知れません。 他の回答で紹介されている English forum のものも 何かお金に関する話のようです。

LetMeKnow420
質問者

お礼

とても参考になります。ありがとうございます!

回答No.4

いくらくれる?、何くれる? です。

LetMeKnow420
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

質問者が求めている回答に合致するものかどうかは分かりませんが、下記の辞書によれば、What's the deal? という表現は、人に 「どうしてたんだ?」 とか 「これからどうするんだ?」 みたいなことを尋ねる表現のようです。  → http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/What's+the+deal%3F

LetMeKnow420
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

イディオムですね。 http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1812367 から転記しますと From the Free Dictionary, a good source for idioms: What's the deal? (informal) something that you say in order to ask someone to explain what they have been doing or what they are planning to do: You haven't been at work all week - what's the deal? So, what's the deal - are we going out to dinner? What's your deal? is just a variation on this: What is going on with you? What's wrong with you? 日本語の辞書では どうしたの?/何があったの?  どうなってるの? (約束や規則などについて確認したいときなど)  〈米黒人俗〉調子どう?/最近どう?

LetMeKnow420
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

回答No.1

Phishらしいジョークですね。 あなたの名前同様に、 夕刻に使うものを回答しておきましょう。

LetMeKnow420
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてしまいました... なるほど~そういうことですか... w ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の意味が掴めずで困っています・・・

以下の英文を海外の彼女から受け取りました。 何か詩的?な文章の引用かと思いますが、私の英語理解力が低くて、翻訳ソフトで変換しても、何を言わんとしているのか意味が掴めません。 長文で申し訳ないと思ったのですが、どなたか意訳できる方いましたら、分かるように解説してもらえたら大変助かります。 よろしくお願いします。 ----------------------- Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。とても安くて小さいものなのでまとめ売りらしいです。 発送ができるか質問を相手にしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 We are in receipt of your below mail and thank you very much for your interest in our articles. Of course we would be pleased to welcome you as our new customer and we could deliver our articles directly from LA to your address in Japan. Please kindly note that we have quite a few customers in Japan and it is absolutely no problems to import our goods. Since you have not clarified which articles you would like to purchase we suggest to have a look at our homepage 11111 and choose the requested items. Once you will let us know which items you would like to purchase we can send you our best offer. Since most of our articles are packed in boxes containing 2 or 3 pieces we normally request a minimum order quantity of a complete box. In case of orders for less than a complete box our prices get increased by 30 %. If the order is for more than 5 pieces of one article our prices will get decreased. Hoping to have been of assistance to you and awaiting your detailed inquiry.

• The Rest of your Life

友人の結婚式に使われていた曲だったと思います。Na LeoのThe Rest of your Lifeの歌詞ですがあなたの残りの人生に。。と意味はおおまかにわかりますが、どなたかロマンティクに訳していただけないでしょうか?歌詞の和訳サイトで探しましたが、この曲はどうしてもみつかりません。。よろしくお願いします。 What are you doing for the rest of your life? We could watch the stars at night, twinkling high above. ‘Cause I promise you, for the rest of your life I will be there by your side, I will be your love. What are you doing for the rest of your life? If you believe in destiny then how can you not see that I’ll be with you for the rest of your life. Someday you will realize we were meant to be. Time flies on guilded wings and faith in my heart it sings, but I just have to know one thing… What are you doing for the rest of your life? Cold I be the only one to know this part of you? And you will find, for the rest of your life that I will love you for the rest of mine. Yes I will love you for the rest of mine…

• この"your"は「国民の」を指しますか?

http://www.search.eb.com/elections/pri/Q00028.html ↑このサイトからです。I, too, am a witness, today testifying in your name to the principles and purposes to which we, as a people, are pledged. ここの"in your name"の"your"の指す内容を知りたいのです。

• 意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。そこはオリジナル商品を作ってくれるお店です。問い合わせをしたところお返事をもらいました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Thank you for contacting AAA and for your interest in using the AAA emblem! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us, we are delighted to receive your email and have the opportunity to assist you today. We apologize for the delay in responding to your email, and hope it has not caused you any inconvenience in your research. We are excited to see you are interested in using the AAA Emblem. In response to your question, unfortunately we have only been provided the phone number to the BBB Equity Management Department. As previously stated that number is 1-111-111-1111. If you speak to someone in that department, they may be able to provide you with an email directly to their department. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you the best in your future endeavors. I hope this answers all of your questions and concerns but if not please feel free to contact your local dealership or us for further assistance. If you are not currently working with a AAA dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by visiting http://www..com. Would a contact from a local dealership be helpful? We can have a BBB dealership contact you by email or phone regarding your purchase or lease. We will make sure that the dealership contacts you in a timely manner. Just reply to this email with your consent.

• ファイルが暗号化された

次の文章が表示され、ファイルが見られなくなり、はじめの壁紙もなくなってしまいました。 Your documents,photos,databases and other important files have been encrypted ! If you understand all importance of the situation then we propose to you to go directly to your personal page where you will receive the complete instructions and guarantees to restore your files. There is a list of temporary address to go on your personal page below : 何が起きたのかわからず、とても困っています。 どうしたら解決できるでしょうか。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を予約していました。ですがそれをキャンセルしようか迷っています。相手にキャンセルの相談をしたら返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 2018 Collection will not have extra quantities, only a few pcs will be send to our warehouse in Los Angeles and we will prioritize domestic customers. We strongly recommend you not to cancel your order because you will be at risk of not having any products for 2018 collection. If you wish to purchase from Los Angeles for what we have in stock now, please feel free to go over our website and send me your order. Thank you and best regards,

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップに問い合わせをしました。自動返信メールがきたんですがちょっと意味がわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Thanks for reaching out to the AAA! Just wanted to let you know that we DID receive your email and that we have a real life person (either myself or Tony) reading every single one of these emails. That being said, if we took the time to respond to every email, we wouldn’t get any BBB built. And if we don’t respond to every email, you get your feelings hurt. Nobody wants that. So, please read ALL of the scenarios below to see if this email answers your question.

• 海外サイトで通販しましたがメールが届き意味が分かりません。

海外サイトで通販しましたがメールが届き意味が分かりません。 すみませんが教えてください。 Thank you for shopping at JIMMYCHOO.COM. Your order is currently being prepared for dispatch. In the meantime, we are performing a routine check to verify your card and address details. While this may result in a slight delay in the delivery of your order, we are sure you appreciate that this procedure is set up to protect you - the customer - from credit card fraud. Once we have verified the details you have provided with your card issuer you will receive an email from us, either to advise that your order has been dispatched or alternatively requesting further information from you.

• Update your Profile on Microsoft Connect Soon

本日以下のようなメールが来ましたが、具体的に何をすればいいのかもわかりません。昨日MSNメッセンジャーのログインパスワードを変えたのでそれ関係かとは思うのですが…。 わかる方、ご教授願います。 よろしくおねがいいたします Update your Profile on Microsoft Connect Soon Dear Microsoft Connect user, We sent you an e-mail in mid-May with details about an update to your Microsoft Connect profile. Now that the update is complete, we would like to ask you to verify your Profile on Microsoft Connect. You still have time to update your profile before the update becomes required and our system will prompt you to update it. Please either click on the profile reminder link on the left navigation menu or select Manage My Connect Profile at the bottom of any web page. If you have not updated your Microsoft Connect profile prior to July 23, 2007, you should expect the following when you visit and sign in to http://connect.microsoft.com on or after July 23, 2007: 1. We will present you with a Web page on which you will be asked to verify and update your profile information. After submitting this information, Microsoft Connect will use it as your profile information moving forward. 2. If you don't return to Microsoft Connect before July 23, 2008, Microsoft Connect will inactivate your account and we will be unable to contact you regarding your program participation. At any time after July 23, 2008, you can return to Microsoft Connect and re-activate your account by signing in with your Windows LiveID, and updating your profile. Thank you for your help and patience during this process, and we look forward to continuing to serve you. The Microsoft Connect Team As a Microsoft Connect user, you are receiving this announcement about an update to your Microsoft Connect profile. Microsoft is committed to protecting your privacy. To learn more, please refer to the Microsoft Online Privacy Statement at http://privacy.microsoft.com/.