• ベストアンサー

和訳・文法が分かりません。

英語を勉強しているのですが、以下の和訳がなぜそうなるのかわかりません。 というかすごい訳しにくいです。 「 The truth is......that was not what it was look behind the scenes. [それは真実じゃなかった、人が見ているときは。 ] 」 直訳は「それは、裏ではそれがどのようであるかではない」という訳なんでしょうか。 なんかすごく訳しにくいです。。

noname#185025
noname#185025
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

The truth is......that was not what it was look behind the scenes. [それは真実じゃなかった、人が見ているときは。 ] まず、このままだと文法的に間違った文です。lookが???です。 たとえば The truth is ... that was not what it would look behind the scenes. ならいいかと思います。その場合 「真実は、あれは舞台裏で見るだろうものとは違っていた。」 という意味になります。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

noname#185025
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

noname#185025
質問者

補足

これは、it が前の部分のthatにあたるのですか。

その他の回答 (2)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.3

これは、it が前の部分のthatにあたるのですか。 →そういうことになります。 ★もし打ち間違えなら、正しいものを示していただければこちらもちゃんと考えられると思います。

noname#185025
質問者

お礼

Him-hvmnさんが回答された内容と同じでした。 回答ありがとうございます。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> The truth is......that was not what it was look behind the scenes.  The truth is ... は、「(予想などに反して) 実際にはこうだ」 みたいなことを意味する表現です。  #1 の方が書いておれれるように was look というのは変です。こう変えても文法的に正しいかどうか分かりませんが、たとえば what it looked like behind the scenes としてみると、「実際には、舞台の裏でそう見えたようなものとは違っていた」 のような文かもしれないと思いました。  前後の文章があればもっと手がかりが得られるかもしれませんが、この文だけから想像すると、舞台の裏ではこんな感じだったから、幕が上がって観客が見るのも同じものかと思っていたら、実際にはそうじゃなかった (印象が違っていた、など)、みたいな内容を考えました。文脈によってはまた違った内容なのかもしれませんが ・・・

noname#185025
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

noname#185025
質問者

補足

確認したら、私のうち間違いでした。 このitは、なにも指していない用法なんでしょうか。 たとえば、It is rain. のように。

関連するQ&A

• 高校英語の和訳

高校英語の和訳 The lies that politicians make during election campaigns are another category of "semi" lies. For example, a certain politician might promise to do a certain thing if elected, but when he is elected he might find that what he promised is either impossible or not sensible. When he turns his pre-election promise into a lie by not carrying out, we could say that the politician was simply making the compromises and practicing the pragmatism which is politics. More cynically, we could say that the politician was a dishonest lier who would promise you anything to get your vote. This is the problem with lying. In some situations it is impossible to tell with absolute certainly whether someone is lying or telling the truth. More or less, we ourselves are forced to become the ultimate judge of what is the truth and what is a lie. You could say that in a certain situation we create truth and untruth. これの和訳をお願いします><

• 高校英語の和訳教えてください

高校英語の和訳教えてください 1 Owing to the high cost of living , his wife could not make both ends meet. 2 My mother did not try to have me read anything I didn't like. 3 The truth is that a sick dog can have a wet nose, and a healthy dog a dry one. 4 The fact is that spiders are far from becing insects 5 The truth is that most students spend as many hours in class or at their studies as workers do at their jobs. 6 We had no idea what it would be like to live in a foreign county. 7 My father didn't want me dating anyone who wasn't Irish. If the man was Irish, it was all right ; it didn't matter he was like. 8 My husband got so angry at me that he almost struck me on the cheek よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文について、和訳をお願いします。 A simple structure is defined more by what it is not than by what it is. 特に、more以降についての文法の説明もして頂けると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

次の文章の和訳をお願いします。とくに,cocoonとchild-in-meの解釈がわかりません。また、That it should~ ...is.の部分はThat it should ~ ... is (a problem).とa problemが省略されていると考えたのですが合っているでしょうか。 [http://balconybanter.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-bitter-sweet-candy-of-nostalgia.html] Being nostalgic is not a problem. That it should be accompanied with a sense of loss....is. As the years roll by, we turn more cynical about the present. But, what do I really miss? Is it the past? Is it the people? Is it the place? The truth is, I miss myself....myself connected to that cocoon. I miss the younger-me, the dreamer-me, the hopeful-me. I miss that believer-me, that child-in-me.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか。 何卒よろしくお願いいたします。 Synastry is an immensely complex method of astrology. Just as a small piece of a mosaic or embroidery can take several hours to assemble, so the few pages that consist of this synastry reading have taken four hours to do. This is true of all my work. This is what you pay for, the amount of time spent working on the reading, rather than the number of pages. The synastry reading is sometimes tough not always shorter than the soul mate readings because of the time involved. Each planet aspect and sign in both charts have to be methodically weighted against the others and against all the cross aspects in the partners chart and accounted for before anything is ever written down. The end result of this methodical behind the scenes working can be just a paragraph on a page, that is quickly read. The work behind synastry, just like the work behind a master painting, it is seldom seen or appreciated.

• 文法的解釈について

This is what I think it is.(思った通りだ。/案の定だ。/やはりこういうことか) の文法的解釈について. (1)このwhatはwhat以下を名詞節にまとめ、this is の補語になっている。 (2)また、whatはI think it is (something)、とsomethingを含意している (3)この文章は、This is what I think (that) it is (something)になる 直訳すると…… 「これはthis、それが何かit is somethingであると私が考えていることだwhat I think」 私は、以上のように解釈しているのですが、正しいでしょうか? 違うようなら、詳しく教えていただきたいと思います。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

和訳お願いします。 What do astronauts see from their spaceship? What does space look like to them? They see blackness around them at all times. The stars are bright spots in the darkness. The nearest star, our sun, is so bright that they can`t look directly at it. They look at it only through windows that dim its light. The astronauts can see the earth. The other planets are very bright. They can also see many man-made satellites. They look bright against the blackness. But why does space it self look black? To find the answer, we should know what kinds of things we can see. We only see thing when light reaches our eyes from them. Seeing is really seeing light.

• 和訳をお願いします(@_@;)

For a long time many people thought that learning to read was like learning to understand a spoken language- that it was a netural process. For example, it was thought that most children would learn to read naturally if they were in an environment with lots of books and were allowed to develop reading skills in their own way. The idea that reading is a natural process is quite common among educators, but actually learning to read is as difficult as learning to juggle while riding a unicycle backwards. The truth is that learning to read is one of the most unnatural things anyone can do. 長くなって申し訳ありませんが、上の英文の和訳を教えてください(>_<)

• 英語 和訳してください

この英文を和訳してください。 Little did they know that I made it a rule never to leave home without having breakfast. This photo makes you look much younger then you really are. What was it that you said you would give me? It was his speech that bored me to death.

• It is~that・・・の構文で・・・

It is~that・・・でItを仮主語にしてthatを真主語にする構文がありますよね? そのとき~の部分の形容詞は何を使ってもいいのでしょうか? 具体的には「彼が真実を話していないことは明らかだ」という英作文でIt is obvious that he is not telling the truth.という文章を書いたのですが、正しいですか? またIt is your duty that~のように名詞を使うことも出来るのでしょうか?