外国で感じる人間の共通点とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 外国に住んでみると、「人間、みな同じ」との感想を持つ。
  • イギリス人との交流でも同じように感じる。
  • カルチャーや言語の違いはあるが、喜びや悲しみに対する反応や相手の立場を考える点は日本人と似ている。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文の添削をお願いします。

外国に住んでみると、「人間、みな同じ」との感想を持つ。イギリス人と付き合ってみても 確かにそう思えてくる。彼らが悲しみや喜びに反応する様や相手の立場を考える点は いかにも日本人に似ている。恥ずかしがりやで、すぐに友人にはなれないが、いったん 友人になれば驚くほど互いに心の琴線にふれあうことができる。 When I lived in a foreign country, I thought people are essentially equal. I surely felt so in communicating with some English. They and Japanese are so alike as to how react to sadness or joy, or as to considering other positions. We are so shy that we can't become friends soon, but, after becoming friends, we can surprisingly move each other. 意外なところで時制に気を遣いました。 回答よろしくおねがいします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • jjubilee
  • ベストアンサー率75% (367/485)
回答No.2

1)外国に住んでみると、「人間、みな同じ」との感想を持つ。 When I lived in a foreign country, I thought people are essentially equal. ** 形態的ミスはありませんが、"equal"とすると「平等」という感が強くなります。"all the same"という句があります。これは2種の意味を持ちますが、下のサイトを参照してください。ご存知でしょうが、このサイトは非常に便利でプロの翻訳家・通訳の方々が無償で提供されている日本で一番有用なオンライン英語データでしょう。自分の発想の成否を試すこともできます。アップデートされた口語表現も多く、すぐ受験英語に適用できるとは限りませんが、ずいぶん参考になります。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=all+the+same **「外国に住む」は短い表現だと、"live overseas(/abroad)"もあります。 別解: When I live abroad, I come to feel people are all the same. 2)イギリス人と付き合ってみても確かにそう思えてくる。 I surely felt so in communicating with some English. ** "surely felt so"はいい表現ですね。"surely felt that way"ともできます。時制の件ですが、ここも日本語とおりに"feel"でいいですよ。この文章全体は、状況を目の前に浮き立たせるように現在形で書かれてあります。文体様式はエッセイなのですが、日記や戯曲のト書きのような技法使ったものです。英語でもこの様式はあります。この箇所だけ過去形にするとかえっておかしくなります。 ** "some English"は「ある程度の英語」という意味になりますね。"some Englishmen / some English people / some British people"でしょうね。またこの"some"は日常会話では現前にある具体的な「人・物」に言及する場合よく使いますが、「イギリス人という人たち」「イギリス人というもの」と一般性をあらわす時はないほうがいいでしょうね。 **「付き合う」は状況でいろいろ訳せますが、"in communicating with"もとっさに考えられたなら通る表現でしょう。"get to know ~"と感単に言うことも可だと思います。ここでは「知り合いになる」とか「接触する」の意味でしょう。少し難しいですが、"have contact with ~ / enjoy having contact with ~ / enjoy ~'s company"とか"enjoy the company of ~"などがその表現でしょうね。"company"は基本的には「同伴(一緒にいること)」を指します。「一緒にいてほしい」などというセリフは"I need your company."などと映画なんかではよく出てきます。 参考: I surely feel that way when I have contact with British people. ** こういう"that way"の使い方は便利ですから覚えておいてください。 3)彼らが悲しみや喜びに反応する様や相手の立場を考える点は いかにも日本人に似ている。 They and Japanese are so alike as to how react to sadness or joy, or as to considering other positions. ** ここは少し構造的に"misleading"なところがあります。"so ~ as to"にとられそうなところを見せて実は"about"の意味だったという採点者のご機嫌を損ないそうな形です。また"how"が出てきているから分かりますが"how they react..."ですね。 ** "as to how they react ..."は"in the way they respond to ..."か"in their response to ..."にもなります。「反応」は"response"という語がしょっちゅう耳に入ります。 **「いかにも」は何が省略されているのでしょうか?「いかにも(示し合わせたように)」ととれますが難しそうなので「いかにも日本人に似ている」は「本当に日本人的だ」とにできるでしょう。参考文では強調と捉えて倒置を使ってみました。 **「相手の立場に立つ」は"be in ~'s place / put oneself in ~'s place"などが結構定番です。 **「考える点」は「考える様」ですね。 参考1: So Japanese are their response to sadness and joy, and their consideration of others. 参考2: So Japanese are the way they respond to sadness and joy and the way they put themselves in others' place ** "Japanese"は「日本人的な」の意味です。 ** ここでは3点が日本人のようと決めているわけですから、"and"の方がマッチするかなと思います。 ** "the way"は日本語の様々なあいまい表現に適用できますから是非覚えておいて下さい。 4)恥ずかしがりやで、すぐに友人にはなれないが、いったん 友人になれば驚くほど互いに心の琴線にふれあうことができる。 We are so shy that we can't become friends soon, but, after becoming friends, we can surprisingly move each other. ** ここの主語は"We"なのでしょうか、"They"なのでしょうか?3)の3つが日本人的なので、ここは"We"としましょう。"They"はそれほど恥かしがりやではないですね。全体としてよくできていると思います。 ** "after becoming friends"は繰り返しを避けて"after we do"と代動詞を使う手もあります。 **「心の琴線に触れる」これがいきなり試験問題に出るとしめたと思う受験生はいないでしょうから安心と挑戦心が必要ですね。"move"がすぐ浮かべばいいと思います。 参考: ~ but after we do, we can (sometimes) touch each others' hearts. 頑張りましょう。"Give all you've got!"

noukamokkosu
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 that way, the way いいですね、いただきます! move はDUOパワーです! >>頑張りましょう。"Give all you've got!" がんばります! また回答よろしくお願いします!

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

添削例と私の訳をつけてみました。参考にしてください。 添削 When I lived in a foreign country, I thought people are created essentially equal. I surely felt so in communicating with some English people. We are so much alike as to how react to sadness or joy, or as to considering others' standing points. We are so shy that we can't become friends soon, but, after becoming friends, we can surprisingly go along with each other. 試訳 If you live in a foreign country, you will probably come to think that people are basically the same. Knowing British people, I came to think so, too. They are very much like Japanese as to how they react to other people's feelings of sorrow and joy, and how they try to think from others' stand points of view. They are rather shy, and it may be difficult to be friends with them at the beginning, but once you become friends with them, you will be surprised to learn that British people and Japanese people can share each other's feelings so well.

関連するQ&A

• 英作文 添削お願いします

外国に住んでみると、「人間、みな同じ」との感想を持つ。イギリス人と付き合ってみても確かにそう思えてくる。彼らが悲しみや喜びに反応する様や相手の立場を考える点はいかにも日本人に似ている。恥ずかしがりやで、すぐには友人になれないが、いったん友人になれば驚くほど互いに心の琴線に触れ合うことができる。 After living abroad,you can feel that all human beings are the same.I actually feel so when I make friends with Britain friend.How they respond to sadness and joy and how they consider the opponent's position are quite similar to those of Japanese people.Since they are shy,you can not make friends with them soon.But once you become their friend,you and they can deeply understand each other surprisingly. 添削お願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

客を招いたら、まず住居のすべての部屋を案内して回るのが、欧米の通例である。 ドイツの友人宅でも、寝室から地下の作業場兼物置に至るまで案内されたが、 どの部屋も清潔で整然としてるのに圧倒された。以前その夫婦をわが家に招いたおり、 もっぱら座敷に閉じ込め、他の部屋などみせるどころではなかったのだが、 今思うと恥ずかしい気がする。 It is natural in the West to lead invited people to all the rooms in their house at first. My German friends did so from the bedroom to the underground room which is used to work or put something. It suprised me very much that all of them are clean and arranged. When I invited them who were the couple in my house, I took them only to the Japanese-style room bacause other rooms are too messy to show them. Now, thinking of it, I feel embarressed. 長ったらしい文になってしまいました。 座敷 は適当に書いた単語があたっててビックリしました。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

「Social statusとHealthを関連させて食について論じなさい」 字数指定はありませんが、過去の問題から推測すると少なくとも100字は必要だと思います。 点数を25点満点でつけて頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いします。  (1)It is important to consider both social status and Health. This is why there are many food problems such as unbalanced nutrition, eating without measure, and food shortage yet to be resolved.  (2)There are, for example, my friends who eat many instsnt foods almost everyday. One of my friends had had a serious stomachache for three monthes. This desease was due to overeating instant foods. It is true that the instant foods are low expense, but they lack in nutrition.  (3)Arother example is overeating and foodshortage. Former and later are related with each other. I have watched a very fat people and small, poor children who are not able to eat enough foods on TV. I often think the part of which people who eat to excess eat should be given to poor people.  (4)There are other many problems yet be resolved. We shoud take food problems like above exampleks into considering .

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

高校生です。英作文がとても苦手です。 とりあえず自分が考えた解答を書きますが、多分大幅に違うので正しい解答を教えて頂きたいです。 *図書館にいる人の邪魔にならないようにそっと入った。 I slide into the library in order not to disturb people there. *人が晩婚を選択する理由のひとつは、自由をできるだけ楽しみたいと思っていることだ。 (晩婚=marry late、becauseを使うこと) People marry late, partly because they want to enjoy as much their free time as possible. *ここ数日間であまりにも多くの人に会ったので、その人達の名前をすべて覚えているわけではありません。 Because I met so many people last a few days , I don't remember all their names. *現代人は忙しくて運動する時間がないためか、太った人が多い。 Many people of today are overweight , probably because they are so busy that they don't have a time to do exercise. *私は多くの障害にぶつかったが、友人達のおかげで何とか乗り越えることができた。 I ran into many problems but thanks to my friends , I could get it over somehow.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

問い:Do you like living where you live now,or would you rather live somewhere else in Japan or in the world? Why? Answer these questions as completely as you can. Use detail. Make us see and hear and smell and touch the place you are in ,or the place you imagine. Write in English on your answer sheet. I like living where I live now. I live in Gifu.there are two good reason why I like living in Gifu. First of all, there is good environment for living. Urban like Tokyo ,it is convenient for us to live in. However, there are some environmental problems such as air pollution and water pollution and etc. In contrast, Gihu is clean air and water. Moreover, there is few environmental problems. It is confortable for us to live there. Second, Gihu is a easygoing place. Urban are busy place. I like easygoing place better than busy place because I would like to act my own pace. I feel that people who live in urban are always busy and hurry. I do not want to disturb my own pace. That is all reason I want to live in Gifu

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

今年大学受験をするものですが、宅浪なので英作文の添削をしてくれる人がいません。なので添削をお願いします。 テーマ:自分の失敗とその失敗から学んだことを100字以内で書け When I was fourteen. I bought a cell phone. As soon as I use it, I liked to call my friends on it. One day, I called one of my friends loudly on my cell phone in the train. I did not realize that I was annoying other people on board. then the woman sitting by me said to me that you should hang up your phone and pay more attention to people around you. After she scolded me, Iwas ashamed of my attitude and learnedthe importance of cosidering other people from this experience.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

英語でスピーチをする予定があり、原稿を作ったのですが、文法や自然な表現に自信がないので、長文ですが添削をお願いします!^^ Are you happy? Of course there are many happy, enjoyable things. Sports, movies, shopping, and so forth. However, there are also many unhappy, depressive things. Do you surely think you are really happy? Today, the world is facing many serious problems. Discrimination, poverty, war, and so forth. However, we Japanese don’t have such serious problems. We were born in blessed, rich land, Japan. We can eat, buy what we want, and …..live. Then, what are the problems? Big one of the problems Japan facing is a problem of stress. I also suffer from the stress. “One pair of half pants is called pajamas”. “I’m called a Yankee because my hair is gold.” I’ll move on my topic. There are many stress. Human relationships, anxiety, a sense of inferiority, the number of stress is limitless. Because of these stress, many people cannot imagine bright future, only suffer from stress. If we suffer from stress, we cannot concentrate enjoyable things, and enjoy our lives. Stress has influence on not only our mind, but also our body. You can imagine depression as mental disease, difficult breathing, circulatory system and digestive system. To know these effects, perhaps you know how serious stress is. By the way, have you think of any solutions for stress? As I said before, there are many kind of stress, and those causes are also different. But I declare one cause of stress is broadcasting. This linkage is seemed unrealistic. However, media make us imagine there are full of sad accidents, crimes, disease and so on. We live in dark world. Why do we believe that? This is because we watch a number of news, broadcasting sad and dark things. Our brains believe the world we live is dark, not bright unconsciously. Of course there are not only dark ones, but also bright ones, but media focus on dark ones more easily, than bright ones. As I take one example, news about bullying. This news is broadcasted many times, and gathers much attention. That’s why our brains believe the world is full of sadness, hopeless. And we easily feel depression and suffer from stress. Then, how can we save ourselves? How can we release stress? Which way is the best way to solve the problem? Excluding the cause of stress? Or Changing society itself creating stress? Banning broadcasting dark news? All of them are not seemed effective way to solve it. Do we have to endure stress or deceive ourselves? We don’t suffer from stress. I’m OK. I’m OK. I’m happy No way. I refuse to do that. All we have to do is to deceive our brains. We have two simple choices to do. 1st is to look into just bright future. If we do that, our brains recognize only bright future without thinking and we think in a positive way. However, this way is not a perfect way. Some really suffer from stress and cannot look into bright future. Then, I will introduce 2nd way. 2nd is to appreciate 3 things every day and write down them. For example, I live with my aunt and she takes care of me. Now, I write down three things. 1st, “my aunt cooks a meal for me.” Thank to that, I keep my health and eat delicious food. 2nd, “every morning, my aunt sends me to the station.” That’s why I can save my time in the morning and sleep more. 3rd, “on my birthday, my aunt give me 1000 yen.” 1000 yen is not a little money!! To continue this, your brains will believe there are full of many happy, bright, fine things. We live in a happy world. Some of you think why this is beneficial for you? Yes. I’ll explain it. By getting this thought, positive way to look into your future, you suffer from less and less stress, and are released from stress. This is totally enough. And, the effect is not only reducing stress. Please don’t be surprised. By released from stress, your brains work well as 30%. You will not have trouble to studying. You will be able to get degree more easily. Good! If you got this thought, your future would be bright. I hope you will get bright future.

• 英作文 添削お願いします

英作文 添削お願いします 日本語訳の下が「作った英文」、模範解答の下が「模範解答」です 「ものの見方を変えれば気持ちも新しくなる。」 Also the mind becomes new by changing the way of seeing things. 模範解答 Different viewpoints bring us different feelings. If we change our way of looking at things, we will have a new feeling. 「日本語では短い言葉で多くのことを表すことができる。」 Japanese enable us to express many things with short words. 模範解答 You can say a lot of things with a few words in Japanese. 「人と人が理解しあう手段は様々なのである。」 There are some kinds of the ways of people understanding each other. 模範解答 There are various ways for people to understand each other. There are many ways in which people understand one another. 「私たちは、人から必要とされることで幸せになります。」 We feel happy by being needed by other people. 模範解答 We become happy when we are needed by other people. It makes us happy to be needed by others. 「彼らが働く場を作ることは、私たちの責任なのです。」 It is responsible for us to make the place where they can work. 模範解答 We have to make places for them to work in. It is our responsibility to make places where they work. お願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

子供は好奇心のかたまりだ。それが多くの動物の場合、成熟すると幼いときほどには 好奇心を示さなくなるらしい。ところが、人間は年をとっても、さまざまなことに対する 興味を持ち続けることができる。してみると、人間はいつまでも子供でいられという 特権を享受する幸福な種族であるのかもしれない。 Figuratively speaking, children are interest itself. However, it seems that almost all adult animals have not so much interest as young have. In contrast with them, we can continue to have interest in various things even if we become old enough. Considering this, we may be fortunate species that enjoy the priviledge to forever have fresh mind as children have. 最初の一文から手がとまりました、問題はないでしょうか?

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

大学の二次試験で自由英作文があるのですがなかなかうまく行きません。添削をお願い致します。 テーマは、[携帯電話についてどう思うか]です。 In my opinion, cell phone was enabie us to do many things.Take an example.we can contact other people immediatly when we are late for appointmennt.And we can use it whereever we are.we need not find a public phone.In addition to, we can contact someone I want to talk wherever the person is.But contraryto their good sides,we have bad sides,too.For example,we often see someone calling on train or bus.And we often catch a phone at midnight suddenly.It is very rode and they think nothing but their conveniences.we understand such bose sides and should consider apt time and appropriate place when we use cell phone. 間違いが多いとは思いますが、どうかお願いします。