• ベストアンサー

英文解釈について

TOEIC問題集の中からの質問です。 文:We hope that you found your involvement in the session to be helpful. 訳:あなたのそのセッションへの参加が役にたてば幸いです。 to be helpful (役にたてられる)と全体の文との関係が理解できません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

find O C で「O が C だとわかる,気づく」 find O helpful で「O が役立つとわかる」 O が,は O を,でもいいのですが,日本語の問題です。 こういう O と C の間には「O は C」の関係が成り立ちますが, あくまでも V との関係では O なので,「を」的部分もある。 think him homest「彼が正直だと思う」「彼を正直と思う」 とにかく,目的格には違いありません。 この部分を find O to be C にすることが可能です。 consider O (to be) C などでおなじみ。 seem (to be) C はちょっと形が違いますが,同じようなものです。 こういう補語の部分を to be C とすることがあるのですが, ここでは O の部分が your involvement in the session と長いので helpful といきなり持ってくるより,to be を挟んだ方がわかりやすい。

その他の回答 (1)

• jjubilee
  • ベストアンサー率75% (367/485)
回答No.1

もし"in the session"がなければ、下記のように、that節は普通のSVOCの文型になると思いますが We hope that you found your involvement helpful. "involvment in the session"と「O」が長いので、次のサイトの用法のように"to be helpful"とした方が、補語としての形が分かりやすいからでしょう。 次のサイトの4.b.とc.に当たります。 http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/find 意味としては 「あなたがそのセッションへの参加が役立つものであったと(経験で)分かってくれたことを希望します。」といういみですね。あなたの過去の経験だから"found"となっています。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈の質問

Please contact us if you wish for these documents to be made available in a different format (large print etc.) and we will endeavour to accommodate your request. という文なのですが、 下の if you wish for these documents to be made available in a different format   という部分は、 if you wish that these documents are made available in a different format. と言い換え可能でしょうか? 変な質問ですみません。 どなたが教えていただけますと、助かります。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

どなたか英文を翻訳していただける方が居ましたらぜひお願いいたします。 I hinted at the end of chapter 1 that while some people consider theory to be a mystification of practice, rather than a tool for disseminating or supporting it, I believe that theories help us to appreciate our practice with more depth and resonance. Ultimately, your response to what we've outlined in this book might be to suggest a theory of your own, based on your own thinking and experience - as some of the practitioners we've interviewed do. But be careful in supported by empirical evidence. The next stage is to work out how you can put your own informed opinions to the test and turn them into a sound theory. Finally, remember that this book is by no means the last word on anything. We hope to have last word on anything. We hope to have whetted your appetite to look at visual communication in more detail, and pointed you in the direction of alternative sources that will extend your knowledge even further.

• 英文を日本文にして頂けないでしょうか(2)

日本文に訳して頂けないでしょうか。 ちなみに、Storm8IDとTeamLavaは訳さなくても結構です。 宜しくお願い致します。 ---------------- Thanks for contacting Storm8 Support. Your request ( 850 ) has been received and will be addressed by our Support team as soon as possible. Please allow a few days for your ticket to be processed. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. To expedite the handling of your inquiry, ensure that you have provided your Storm8 ID, or as much information as you can to identify the account(s) involved. Also, please use the same e-mail address in your communications regarding this issue to ensure that we receive any updates to your request. You can view the status of your ticket at any time at support. storm8.com tickets/850. In the meantime, please also visit our Knowledge Base at ここにURL。 There you can find helpful articles that may resolve your issue. If your concern is a question regarding gameplay, we encourage you to explore our forums at ここにURL  (you might wish to check out a user-maintained FAQ at ここにURL ). Please keep us updated should you no longer require assistance with your query. If you are inquiring about a TeamLava game, those forums can be found at ここにURL。 ----------------

• 英文解釈についての質問

What more would you find helpful in developing your strategy? という文において、 あなたの戦略の発展において、何かより有用だと思うものはなにか? という風に訳しましたが、この訳において、would you は依頼の形で訳すべきなのでしょうか。 what more については、 you find what more (something) helpful が前に来て強調されたものだと理解しています。 お手数ではありますが、 どなたか教えていただけましたら、うれしく思います。

• 英文解釈について

下記英文について、どのような訳になるか、文法も含めご指導願います。 (1)Proveded that this new itinerary is confirmed, we will chanege your reservation. (2)It involves workshop-goers in a hands-on session.

• 英文解釈お願いします

If the matter is one that can be settled by observation,make the observation yourself. Aristotle could have avoided the mistake of thinking that women have fewer teeth than men,by the simple device of asking. Mrs Aristotle to keep her mouth open while he counted. He didnot do so because he thought he knew. Thinking that you know when in fact you don't is a fatal mistake,to which we are all prone. この文の訳と構造分析お願いします

• この英文を訳してもらえませんか?

この英文を訳してもらえませんか? Hello dear new friend, how are you today i hope that every things is ok with you as is my pleassure to contact you after viewing your profile which really interest me in having communication with you if you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happened in future. i will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easiest communication and to know all about each other,here is my email (****@yahoo.com) i will be waiting to hear from you as i wish you all the best for your day. yours new friend linda

• 英文の翻訳

Greetings, Thank you for contacting (会社名) Unfortunately this is a temporary issue that our engineers are trying very hard to fix as soon as possible. In the mean time, we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue for you. I understand that this will not be the answer you were looking for and I can only hope that your enjoyment of the game is not spoilt by this situation. Please accept our apologies for this highly unfortunate occurrence. 回答お願いします

• 意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。そこはオリジナル商品を作ってくれるお店です。問い合わせをしたところお返事をもらいました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Thank you for contacting AAA and for your interest in using the AAA emblem! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us, we are delighted to receive your email and have the opportunity to assist you today. We apologize for the delay in responding to your email, and hope it has not caused you any inconvenience in your research. We are excited to see you are interested in using the AAA Emblem. In response to your question, unfortunately we have only been provided the phone number to the BBB Equity Management Department. As previously stated that number is 1-111-111-1111. If you speak to someone in that department, they may be able to provide you with an email directly to their department. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you the best in your future endeavors. I hope this answers all of your questions and concerns but if not please feel free to contact your local dealership or us for further assistance. If you are not currently working with a AAA dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by visiting http://www..com. Would a contact from a local dealership be helpful? We can have a BBB dealership contact you by email or phone regarding your purchase or lease. We will make sure that the dealership contacts you in a timely manner. Just reply to this email with your consent.

• 下記の英文を訳してください。

ネットショップからいただいたメールです。どなたか翻訳お願いいたします。 Thank you for your order, We received about your request and the free print(A2 size) would add in your package, would you mind to take the font view of the damage one? We are sorry about for the happen but hope you could understand that the delivery is depends of the post office and postman, if you have any question that please feel free for contact us firstly, we would trying to help you solve it. Thank you and looking for your reply