• ベストアンサー

英文の意味を教えてください・・・

Head_Syndicateの回答

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

vitamin-powerさんの訳でももう充分だと思いますが…じゃあ、ちょっと 意訳気味に。 「テレビというものは、真の意味で最初の「民主的文化」、すなわち 誰でも利用できるし民衆のやりたいことによって完全に統治されている、 最初の文化です。ただ一番怖いところはその「民衆のやりたいこと」 ってやつです」 例えば過去には貴族にしか利用できないとか、役人によって仕切られ、 政府の都合の良いものしか許されない文化があった、そういうのは「民主的」 とは言わないでしょう、その点テレビは「人民の人民による人民のための」 ってものですよね、というご意見だと思います。 ただ、だから良いことばかりというわけでもなく、統制ができない 大衆の暴走ってのが今度は怖いんですよ、と。おそらくこのあと、 みんなして有名人の部屋を覗きたがるプライバシーの侵害だの、 同情論ばかりでまともな政治的判断が出来ない状況だの、といったことを 指摘するつもりなのではないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 英文が正しいかどうか教えてください

この英文におかしい構文やアドバイスなどがあれば教えてください。 First, I will state about dream. Many people have dream. Not only children but also adult. And many people want to work about television. For example, singer, actor, cameraman. I think television give them dream. My friend wants to be actor. So she watches many movies. Anime is popular in my country. Anime is part of television. Anime give many people dream too especially children. This is because children like watching anime. My young sister is always watching anime. We can know many works by watch television and movie. I watched television about introduce work. I like sing a song that watch television and remember song. Therefore, I think television and movie give us dream. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えては下さいませんでしょうか?

こんにちは。 お世話になります。 英語初学者です。 英文を読んでいたら、 kipper sent up to the man. He gave the man a sweet. ‟What is that thing?” he said. ‟You lock people up in it,” said the man. ‟You can't lock people in that,” said kipper. ‟You can't get them in” ‟Oh yes you can ” said the man. ‟Look” という英文に出くわしました。上から6番目の、 ‟Oh yes you can ”の意味がよくわかりません。 なぜ、相手が‟You can't get them in” と言っているのに、 それを受けて‟Oh yes you can ”と答えているのでしょうか。 どなたか、教えては下さいませんでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップでクリスマスに向けて色々と注文しました。発送はまだですか?と質問したら返答がありました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Yes we adjust the discount when we create the invoice. Also, we are ready with one order, but we are waiting on the other one so we can have ship all together with yamato transport. Do you want us to send the first order with usps first? The first order is only 2boxes, so usps will probably not be a bad choice. What should I do?

• 関係詞[what]の使い方

はじめまして。 He continues to behave in what most people agree is a normal manner. という文章があります。なんとなく訳は出来ます。 「彼は、大部分の人が違和感無く覚えるマナーを実践し続ける」 間違っていたら添削をお願いします。。。 ただ、この「なんとなく」というのが恐いのです。文法的にはどうなっているのかを知りたいです。 [He continues to behave]は置いといて、後半の [in what most people agree is a normal manner]は、文法的にどのような形になっているのでしょうか? (1)[what]の係る位置 この文の主節の動詞は[continues]なので、[what]以下の[is]は[what]に係る範囲内と考えました なので[in what most people agree is a normal manner]までを1つのまとまりとすると考えました。 正しいでしょうか? (2)[what]の補った箇所 ここが分かりません。 関係代名詞の[what]を使った際は、後に不完全な文が続くと認識しています。 たしかに[most people agree is a normal manner]は不完全な文です。 そして、見る限りは動詞が連続する[agree]と[is]の間に、whatが補えると思ったのですが・・・ what=the thingとして考えてみると [most people agree in the thing is a normal manner] となり、[most people agree in the thing]が名詞扱い出来ず、これもちょっとおかしな英文になりました。 [what]はどこを補っているのでしょうか・・・?

• live one's dream の意味

” What do you think is the #1 thing that stands between most people living their dreams?" の中のmost people living their dreamsの意味を教えてください。 live in their dreams ならわかるんですけど・・・ よろしくお願いします。

• 急いでます。英語にしてくださいm(__)m

What is the thing you want then?に 『Tvを観てるときとかにあなたの腕を噛みながら観たいの。 あと、あなたのお腹をハンバーガーみたいにつかんでかぶりつきたい。 私、好きな人のこと好きすぎて噛みたくなっちゃうの... 痛くは噛まないけど嫌だよね?(TT)』と言いたいです。 『』を英語にしていただけないでしょうか?(>_<) お願いします。m(__)m

• 英文の和訳についてです。。。

My name is Tom and I am cat. I have a major problem. It is my owner,Eva. She does not understand how people should take care of their pets. She has very strange ideas about the retionship bet ween people and pets. Eva treats me like a human child. she worries about me and tells me what to do all the time. she does not want me to go every night while she watches television. Boring. The programs she watches are totally tastless. There is more. Eva brushes and combs me twice a day.

• 関係代名詞 What 編

たとえば、、 I want you to wash dishes. これを書きかえる場合、、、 What I want you to do is wash dishes. ですが、、 The thing (things) (that) I want you is wash dishes. でもいいのですか>>??  教えてください。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。値引きの注意欄に下記のようなことが記載されていました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします・ the Goods can come from LA no problem we can do sale as Christmas is coming. What products you see on the website is what is available. So best would be to make a selection. Only thing we ask is that there is a minimum order value spend with us. However you can take as many or as little products as you like in overall mix of the items. Orders over 50SD will get 2.5x mark up . If you have lower size order its not a problem but the markup is lower. However if you go over 10USD then I can give you a better markup so let me know what you like and if you are you able to meet the minimum orders? If you make a selection and let me know what items you like I can get it organized for you pretty quickly.

• 英文の訳  文法について

one of the first rules as t how to read a book is to know what sort of book it is. That means knowing what intention the author had and what sort of thing you can expect to find in his work 本の読み方でまず身につけるべきことの1つは、それがどんな類の本なのかを知ることである。つまり、筆者がどんな意図をもっていたのか、その本を読めばどんなことがわかると思えるのかということを知ることである what sort of book it isのit isはなんのためでしょうか?必要ありますか? 又、That meansからの訳がさっぽりわかりません。 解説していだだけないでしょうか?