英語の質問です

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 質問文章の訳と文法の説明をお願いします。
  • 不特定多数の人の手に渡らないように、また誰にもメールで送らないという約束をしてください。
  • 友人から手紙を受け取りましたが、他の人に知られたくないですね。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の質問です。

but you must first promise to not let it get into anyone else's hands or to email it to anyone.. Also, don't you have an address, I just received a letter from a friend in Japan, she's a grandmother, so sweet... この文の訳はどうなるでしょう? あと not let it get into  という部分の文法的解釈がわかりません。意味と文法説明をもしよろしければご教授願いたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

1番目の文は しかし、それを第三者に譲渡しない、あるいはEメールで送らないというのを始めに約束しなければなりません。 です。itが何なのか文脈がないのでわかりませんが。 anyone..というのは、anyone...のように続くということなのか、実はピリオド1つで終るのを間違えたのか?2つピリオドのあるのは???? 2番目は、分が終っていないので、don't you ... が疑問文なのかどうなのか確認できませんし、so sweetのあとがどうなっているのかがわからないと、意味がとりにくいのですが、 まず、住所が手元にないんですか? 私は日本の友達から手紙をちょうど受け取ったところです。彼女はおばあちゃんで、とってもやさしいひとで... みたいな意味でしょうか。  to not let it get into ... の部分は 不定詞の間にnotを入れる方法で、ある人たちはこれを邪道だと言います。 I promised to not enter the room. I promised not to enter the room.でもいいでしょうが、to not enter .. とするようなことです。 Don't enter the room. の形を引きずった言い方でしょう。 letは使役のletで、それを誰か他人の手に渡してしまわないことを約束しなければ...という意味になります。   let it pass him = かれにそれを渡す let it get into his hands = 彼の手にそれをあげる・渡す、彼に手渡す となります。 以上、わかりにくいところもあろうと思いますが、ご参考になればと思います。

その他の回答 (2)

• waxo
  • ベストアンサー率44% (8/18)
回答No.3

but you must first promise (だけどこれは守ってね、まず) /to not let it get into anyone else's hands (他の誰かの手に渡らないようにして) / or to email it to anyone (そして誰かにemailで送ったりしないで).. let me know = 僕に教えて、の使役動詞に関しては以前の回答者の方を参考にしてください。itという「もの」が使役動詞上の主語になり、かつget intoとフレーズ動詞が使われているのでわかりにくいとおもいますが、

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> but you must first promise to not let it get into anyone else's hands or to email it to anyone..  だけど、まず第一に、そのことを他人に漏らしたり、誰かにメールで教えたりしないと約束して欲しい。  * not let it get into ... は let という使役動詞を使った文の否定文です。「それを他人の手の中に入れさせない」 つまり 「他人に教えない」 ということになります。 > Also, don't you have an address, I just received a letter from a friend in Japan, she's a grandmother, so sweet...  また、君はアドレスを持たないでくれ。ぼくは日本の友人から手紙を受け取ったばかりだ。彼女はおばあさんで、とってもやさしくて・・・  * この文は前の方と後ろの方が意味の上でどう関連があるのかが分かりません。私の読み違いなのかもしれませんが・・・ また、don't you have an address? という疑問文であれば 「君はアドレスを持ってないの?」 となるかと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳をお願いします

You sound like not pleased to see me, so let's put it off と言ったことにたいして、Let's notはどういう意味なんでしょうか??

• つぎの短文をワープロにとり込みました

To you, all you have appears little; to me, all I have appears great. Your desire is unsatiable; mine has been satisfied. When children thrust their hands into a narrow-necked jar and try to get nuts and figs out, the same thing happens: if a child fills his hand, he cannot get it out, and then breaks into tears. Drop a few of them and you will get it out. You too should drop your desire; do not covet many things, and you will get what you want. When children thrust their hands into a narrow-necked jar ここのhandsはちがう訳を見るとhandと単数形です。 To (children) who put their hand into a narrow necked earthen vessel このばあい、 handsとhandどちらかがより良いということはあるのでしょうか。またはどちらかが好ましくないということはあるのでしょうか。

• 英語が得意な方

こちらの内容を日本語に訳した意味を、教えて下さい。 I promise got to love you forever and make you happy by myself not anyone else in the future

• 英語の構文150で質問です。

It is not until well into llife that one begins to be able to form a dim idea of what  one has looked like to one's friend. (中年になって初めて、自分が友人たちにどのように見えていたのか漠然と 理解することができるのである) It is not until well into llife 「中年になって初めて」  なぜ、このように訳せるのですか?? 辞書にも「well into llife 」は載っていませんでした。 a dim idea of~「漠然と理解する」これは、覚えるしかないのでしょうか? 「はっきりしない見解」→「漠然と理解」と理解すればいいのでしょうか?? 「what  one has looked like to one's friend.」このwhatは、先行詞を含む  関係代名詞ですか? one は、「自分」、one's friendは、「友人たち」 looked like to one's friendのlike to の間に 何か省略されている感じがするのですが・・・ 辞書に「what does it look like? それは、どんな風なものですか?」 が関係ありそうな感じもするのですが・・・ わかりません!お願いします。 <(_ _)>

• 英語 訳して下さい。

知り合いから連絡きました。 翻訳してください。おねがします。 (1)Are you open mined or conservative? (2)let’s get to know each other I can help with your English and if we like each other we can think about it. (3)It would to be to talk in english and Japanese Have fun. Enjoy and build up trust. (it would to be to~文法がわかりません。教えてください。)

• itが指すものは?お願いします。

以下の英文は、ある海外のリゾートに泊まった人がそのホテルについて感想を書いたものです。 Oakmont is not a fancy resort, the units are small, and the view from the resort is not that great. It is comfortable and it is convenient to get into and get out of as you travel to the area attractions. This is one of those resorts that you choose because of the location, not the resort amenities. 質問は it is convenient to get into and get out of as you travel to the area attractions. という文についてです。 最初のitは何を指しているのでしょうか? 単純に形式主語としてto get into and get out of を指しているのでしょうか? それともthe hotelのようなものを指しているのでしょうか?(This book is difficult to readのような構文みたいに)

• 英語が分からないので教えてください。

訳もお願いします。 1.This crazy world a)A world where everyone is happy b)A world that we cannot understand c)A world in which everyone is mad 2.People come and go. a)People leave and come back. b)People do not stay long. c)People move around the same place. 3.Let's keep it simple. a)Let's not do anything that isn't fun. b)Let's not make life complicated. c)Let's not hold on to expensive things. 4.Nothin'comes for free. a)Nothing can be done without money. b)Nothing you do is without some cost. c)Nothing that one has is priceless. 5.Pockets full of good intentions a)To want to do the right thing b)To intend to help yourself c)To fill one's pockets with wishes

• 英語の質問です。

(1)I have (3 ) at four this afternoon. I'm going ti meet a griend of my father's from Canada. (1)a promise (2)a conference (3)an appointment (4)a revervation (2)He got into the ( 1) of smoking in bed . (1)habit (2)manner (3)practice (4)custom (3)This hall has the (1 ) to hold 600 people . (1)capacity (2)content (3)quantity (4)volume (4)Be sure to ( 2) during your trip to London . (1)hear from me (2)drop me a line (3)call off (4)drop me a letter (5)Try not to break your (1 ) or you will lose your friends . (1)word (2)career (3)mind (4)way 採点お願いします。 可能であれば、訳もお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語翻訳の質問です

こんにちわ よろしくお願いします! カナダの方からのメールです。 私の力では翻訳できず・・・ 英語の得意な方よろしくおねがします。 長くてすいません。。。 I'm glad you searching Owen Sound on google map. I like exploring Japan on google Earth, however the more I search the more I want to visit. Kyoto is one of the have to see stop I want to visit. I think it would be a beautiful place to visit. I also want to find some beautiful places maybe not as tourist heavy to get a more "aw this is Japan" feeling. I would like to visit Oogata sandy beach, it sounds like I would really enjoy it. The only thing I enjoy to really do near me is to go to Sauble beach with is about 20 minutes from Owen sound. If you come visit Canada it would be a pleasure to guide you around. You'll have to give me a little heads up so I can save some money if you want to visit a different province, or to let me know if theres some place you want to see, so I can make a map of how to get there =D. I do indeed know what you mean. ^_^

• この英語の読み方を教えてください。

get it away Clap hands! Just like a game