• ベストアンサー

またまた質問なのですが、どうか教えて下さい

またまた、質問なのですが・・・ちょっとお手上げになってしまいました。 先ほどの質問に続く最後の1文です。その手前の文章は、「ライブ演奏では、とくに、ウォーミングアップをしないと、3、4曲目で自然と慣れてきても遅いです。最初の1、2曲しか聞けないで帰ってしまう人には、それだけで評価されてしまうのですよ。」となっています。 Besides,sometimes you can save a train wreck from happening up there just by being loose and prepared.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • nijntje
  • ベストアンサー率33% (4/12)
回答No.2

save a train wreck from happening (train wreck を起こることから救う> train wreck を起こさないようにする) と解釈します。 train wreck>列車難破?? と思うと混乱してしまいますが、音楽の演奏を 列車がレールの上を走っていくようなもの、とイメージすれば、 演奏途中の大失敗、と理解できるのでは? happening up there の up には大した意味はないです。 (そこで[演奏中に]起こること) happen up というイディオムは無いはずです。辞書を引いてぱっと見つからない ならイディオムじゃないな、と割り切ってしまっていいと思いますよ。

gteiko
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 助かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• sieg
  • ベストアンサー率25% (14/56)
回答No.1

それに、そもそも気持ちをゆったりと持って、準備にしておくことによって大失敗を起こさないで済ませますよ。 ぐらいの意味でしょう。

gteiko
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈について質問があります。

英文解釈について質問があります。 There really isn't much happening in Sydney, so we find ourselves recording all the time. Also, I have two jobs, so when I have free time I want to make the most of it. Q1これですが、 「シドニーでは何かが起きるという事がなかなか無くてね、だからいつもレコーディングするという事に活路を見出した。それと、俺は仕事を2つ抱えているんでね、だから空いた時間にはレコーディングに当てたいんだよ」。 これは最後のI want to make the most of itのitはレコーディングですよね。で、ようは、仕事を2つも抱えていて、自由な時間がなかなかとれない。だからこそ、空いた時間を(活路を見出した)レコーディングに費やしたい。 ということをいいたいんですよね。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― Recently I have been doing some duo recordings with Martin Ng (a Sydney cardiologist/turntable player). We have already recorded loads of material & some of the early recordings are being released on German label Staubgold. It kinda reminds me a little of Lucier's recordings (whom I love). Q2意味自体はほぼとれているのですが、ラストセンテンスのit kinda remainds meのitは何を指すのでしょうか? &で並んだ二つの文章をまとめるとtheyになりますが・・・。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― It goes through waves; 5 years ago there was plenty of live activity, & at the moment it's the opposite. The only thing that can be done is artists organizing their own shows, but there aren't many spaces or interest for this either. Sydney has really gone to the dogs..... Q3これも大部分は意味がとれているのですが、but there aren't many spaces or interest for this either ここだけわかりません。というかeitherがわかりません。ミュージシャンにとっても、シドニーにいる一般人にとってもということですか? ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― The lack of live events is made up for in other ways however...eg radio, there are loads of experimental radio shows both in terms of live and DJed stuff. Also Sydney's does have a really interesting studio output thing happening. There are many talented, innovative artists here. A lot of people are recording, slowly getting recognition & releases overseas + touring overseas; right now this seems to be the only way to operate. How much can one actually do here? Melbourne, on the other hand has a lot more happening; people actually go out to hear music there! But sometimes being in a place far away, with little activity brings out things that are real different. For example, John Zorn suggested Robbie & I record our Tzadik CD in New York, with New York musicians & we chose to do it in Sydney, on our own - it wouldn't sound the way it sounds if we did it in New York. Sometimes there's something interesting when people create in their own isolated environment. Q4これも大部分は意味がとれているのですが、ところどころあやふやです。 How much can one actually do here? Melbourne, on the other hand has a lot more happening; people actually go out to hear music there! But sometimes being in a place far away, with little activity brings out things that are real different. この文章の意図することがわかりません。oneとは何を指すのですか? but以降って、場所によってでてくるものが本当に違ってくる。ということをいいたいのですか? それゆえに、次からfor exampleでつないでいる。 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• どう表現すればいいのですか?訳です

訳を見てください。 1. I am going to an alumni event later today. Maybe I can meet someone who can help me find a new job. 2. I am usually late for work, because it is so far. But our schedule is flexible. This morning I got up at 5:30am, but sometimes i oversleep till 7. I take the train to work. Sometimes I take a nap on the train. 3. When you hangout out with you friends where do you go? Have you ever been to NY? I would like to go to Japan. 1私は今日後で卒業生のイベント・・・(同窓会なんですかね?)いくんだ。 たぶん新しく仕事を紹介してくれる人にあえる 2私は普段仕事が遅い。なぜならとても遠いから。でも私たちのスケジュールは・・・・(分かりません)。今朝は5じ半に起きたでも時々七時まで寝過ごす。私は電車で仕事に言います。ときどき(わかりません) 3友達と遊びに行くときはどこへいくの? NYきたことある?私は日本へ行きたい。 英語にしたいのですが、先ほどの、「遠くて大変なん朝も5時におきるんだ」 というようなことをいっているのにたいし、 「それは大変だね。私も時々朝5時におきて6時に会社へいくことがある。冬は寒いし寝坊することもあるよ。 いい仕事が見つかるといいね。」 thats (わかりません) I sometimes got up at 5:00 and 分かりません。also, sometimes oversleep. I hope you gotわかりません job.

• counterparts が指すもの

in terms of business, it is common for japanese to have dinner and drinks together as they attempt to build a relationship in which they can both be inside. for foreigners who may find it difficult being to break into the social circle, there is the risk that they will continue to be treated politely as guests without being able to get their japanese counterparts to open up to them. counterparts が指すものが分からず there is the riskから上手く訳せません。宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文ジャーナルから質問です!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2013/04/25/178788893/yo-said-what この記事について、Responseを書いているのですが、この記事の最後の方のココの意味がよく理解出来ません。 結局、例外(But there are exception)とは何なんでしょうか。 すみません。 教えていただけると嬉しいです Of course, gender is never completely out of the picture with teenagers. Back at the west Baltimore boxing gym, 19-year-old Tarahn Robinson says sometimes he uses "yo" for girls. But there are exceptions. "I change it up for a girl ... I say, 'Shorty took my stuff, yo that girl took my stuff.' " Robinson says. "Shorty. You know, you gotta switch it up, sure." And as for whether you can expect the pronoun "yo" in a city near you — Mallinson says a bunch of Baltimore kids can't make it go viral. But if a celebrity started using it, though, that might do the trick.

• 翻訳お願いします

翻訳お願いします。長文で申し訳ないです。 英語が苦手すぎてうまく訳せないためお力をお貸しいただけたら嬉しいです。 会話文です。 Bye-Bye Ok, I'm off to Rockefeller Center. Well, what do you have up there: one of those job interviews you were talking about? Yes, as a matter of fact. The Center is south of us, right? Actually, it's west. You can probably walk there, since it's less than a mile away. A mile in Manhattan? Hmm... A taxi, then? Too expensive. And surface traffic is too heavy this time of day for that-or a bus. Take the V train. You can board at 51 Street then you've gone too far. I did that my first week in New York. I wound up all the way in Brooklyn before I realized my mistake. Oh, and don't spend too long looking for the building address. Sometimes it's on a different entrance. It's just easier to try to find the right entrance. Yeah, sometimes it's better to know the building itself rather than look for the entrance address. OK, thanks a lot! Bye. Bye. Good luck! Have fun. Bar?

• 英文の訳の確認をお願いします。

和訳の間違っているところとわからない部分を教えてください。 Maybe your life is not working out as you had hoped. (あなたの人生はおそらくあなたの望んだようにはなっていないでしょう。) There are steps you can take. (とることができるステップがあります。) They may get you closer to your dreams. (彼らはあなたを夢に近づけることができます。) Mary DuParri has done work for the American Counseling Association. (メアリー・デゥパリはアメリカカウンセリング協会のために仕事をしました。) She offers this advice. (彼女はアドバイスを提供します。) Forget past hurts. (過去に傷ついたことは忘れなさい。) Take charge of the life you really want. (あなたが本当に望んでいる人生に持ち変えなさい。) Work on your career, health, and relationships. () Find your own voice. (あなた自身の声を見つけてください。) Speak up. (はっきり話なさい。) Say what you like and what you don't like. (好きなものとそうでないものをいってください。) That's not being bossy. () It's being honest. (それは正直です。) People will understand you better. (人々はよりよくあなたを理解するでしょう。) Find someone who can accept your real self. (現実の自分を受け入れられる誰かを見つけてください。) There is no perfect mate. () But there may be someone who can accept the real you. (しかし、現実にはあなたを受け入れることができる誰かがいるかもしれません。) Decide what you like and can do well. (なにが好きか、そしてうまくできるかを決めてください。)

• わからない個所を教えてください。

‘Are you sure you can remember all this?’ ‘You have to concentrate, Alex,’ my father is saying. ‘How can you remember things if you don’t concentrate?’ ‘I try,’ I say. ‘Well, try trying a bit harder.’(前回の終わりの部分です) ‘Alex?' ‘I'll remember,' I say again. ‘Well, it doesn't matter if you don't. I can give you a copy on Thursday. Did you know there were trilaterally symmetrical forms in your paintings?' I can tell he's joking. ‘Yes,' I say. ‘Fruit segments, sometimes. Some other stuff.' ‘Really? I didn't know that. Well well. And last of all – there are others, like I said, but these are the ones she's keenest to get you to talk about –starbursts and seedheads; dandelions particularly, apparently, and motifs with the same shape-patterns as dandelion seedheads. So. Think you can come up with something for her?' *【In my head there is a ghost of a voice: my voice, lodged somewhere out of sight in a different time. It's still a crap joke, Jamie, I hear myself saying; and a moment later, there is the ghost of Jamie's voice also: All the best ones are.】 I say, ‘I'll try.' ****************************************** 「The Dandelion clock」からの英文です。 :主人公のAlexと知人と思われるMaxが電話で話している場面です。 *【】の個所は、以前質問させていただいた部分です。 Well, it doesn't matter if you don't. のyou don'tのところは動詞が続いていないのですが、「君(Alex)が僕(Max)の言ったことを忘れないなら問題ないよ」という意味になるのでしょうか? I can give you a copy on Thursday. Did you know there were trilaterally symmetrical forms in your paintings?' I can tell he's joking. で、I can tell he's jokingと言っているのはどういうジョークをMaxが言っているのでしょうか?(どの部分がジョークと言えるようになっているのでしょうか?そもそもDid you know there were~と聞くこと自体がナンセンスみたいなことなのでしょうか?) Did you know there were trilaterally symmetrical forms in your paintings?' ‘Yes,' I say. ‘Fruit segments, sometimes. Some other stuff.' ‘Really? I didn't know that. Well well. And last of all – there are others,~ ここのやり取りの内容が掴めないのですが、三辺が対照的な形が果物の部分にある、という事をAlexが答えていて、本当に?それは知らなかった、とMaxが言っている感じみたいなのですが、ジョークをジョークで返した?ということなのでしょうか?? sometimesはときどき、たまには、という意味ですか? たまに、果物の部分に三辺が対照的な形があるよ、ということですか? Think you can come up with something for her?の個所は、本来はDo you think~なのでしょうか?Thinkが前に出て来ているのはなぜなのでしょうか?(命令形?) 意味は、「彼女に何かを示すことができると思う?」ということですか? たくさんの質問になってしまってすみません。 教えてください。

• 和訳お願いします!

In the job I do, I do not trtnslate the actors' lines word. On average, Japanese people can only read three characters a second, so there is a limit to the number of characters that I can use. As a result, I have to find ways of making the subtitles shorter than the lines that the actors actually say. there are also times when I have to change a line completely. This is because some of the lines need cultural or background knowlewge. Wishout that knowlewge,viewers cannot understand what the actor means. Sometimes a line contains something that only the original language can communicate ―like a pun. These lines must be changed,too. The subtitles have to be short enough and clear enough to allow viewers to understand what is happening in the movie on one quick reading.

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分ですので、内容が中途半端かもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 What you make of the future is influenced by your own character and actions, decisions and circumstances, you can help or hinder it, make it go right or go wrong, We are not hopeless toys of destiny, we each have a part in shaping our fate. sometimes consciously, but sometimes unconsciously just by being the person we are. All that the soul mate readings does is show you a vision of the future, the rest is up to you.

• 和訳をお願いします!

Your electric alarm clock doesn't even have to be wound, and it can be connected to your radio so that you wake up to music. Besides there are men who are clever with their hands and there are men who are not. Soccer games often continue in spite of conditions that would stop other games. 'A dog, ' said Dan, ' would be a friend. He could eat leftover food. The fifty tons of concrete now needed to make the furnace safe would crush a car flat. よろしくお願いします!