Imhotep and the Quest for Immortality

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Imhotep, the ancient Egyptian physician and architect, played a crucial role in the lives of pyramid builders.
  • While many survived serious injuries thanks to Imhotep's medical skills, life everlasting was reserved for the elite.
  • The common man could only contribute to the grandeur of Egypt through building tributes to their king.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

日本語訳を! 3-(7)

お願いします。  Today when archaeologists dig up the bodies of pyramid builders it is clear that many survived serious injuries thanks to Imhotep and his long list of cures. But many did not. And, during the Old Kingdom, life everlasting was not for the common man. He could only hope to play his part in the cycle of life and death by building a tribute to his king and in doing so add to the grandeur of Egypt.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

今日、考古学者が、ピラミッド建設労働者の遺体を掘り起こすと、多くの人が、イムホテプと彼の長いリストの治療法のおかげで、重症でも死ななくて済んだことが明らかです。 しかし、生き残れなかった人々も大勢いました。 そして、古王国の時代、永遠に続く命は、普通の人には用意されていませんでした。 彼は、王に対する記念物を建設し、そうすることによって生死の輪廻においてに自分の役割を果たし、そうする際に、エジプトの威厳を増大させることを望むことしかできませんでした。

chiyotomo
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳を!!10

お願いします (1) Everyone in first-century BCE Rome knew Marcus Tullius Cicero's name. He served as a consul―Rome's top office―and his fiery speeches drew crowds of listeners. When Cato the Younger, the great grandson of Cato the Censor, called Cicero“the father of his country,”everyone cheered. Yet Cicero's letters show that he sometimes couldn't decide what to do. And he worried a lot about his children. When his daughter Tullia died, he was heartbroken. He wrote to his best friend, Atticus, about his sadness: I have isolated myself, in this lonely region.... In the morning, I hide myself in the dense...forest and don't come out until night.... My only form of communication now is through books, but even my reading is interrupted by fits of crying. (2) Cicero wrote hundreds, maybe thousands, of letters. Amazingly, 900 of them have survived, more than 2,000 years later. They include letters to his friends and to other politicians, in addition to those that he wrote to his brother and his unruly, playboy son. In them, we learn about family problems, deaths, and divorces―not to mention his opinions on almost everything. (3) Like many grown-ups, Cicero liked to give advice, and his letters are generously sprinkled with hints, warnings, and words of wisdom. He was often pompous, even conceited, but he showed his feelings in his writing, even when his honesty made him seem weak or afraid. (4) Some of Cicero's letters report on the latest happenings in Rome. His words give us the best picture we have of life in the 1st century BCE. He wrote about simple things: the weather, gladiatorial games, and the price of bread. But he also described wars, riots, scandals, and the plots of scheming politicians.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (25) In spite of his poor health, Augustus lived to be 76 years old and reigned for 41 years as emperor. In the last years of his life, he realized that he must choose a successor. But whom? His beloved grandsons had both died young. With only one logical choice left, Augustus summoned his stepson Tiberius to Rome. He named this gloomy man as his co-ruler and successor. (26) In 14 CE, Augustus took a last journey by sea. He caught a chill in the night air and became quite ill. He called Tiberius to his bedside and spoke with him for a long time in private. Then, on August 19, knowing that the end was near, he called for a mirror and had his hair carefully combed. The biographer Suetonius tells the story: “he summoned a group of friends and asked ‘Have I played my part in the comedy of life believably enough?’” Then he added lines from a play: If I have pleased you, kindly show Appreciation with a warm goodbye. (27) Augustus Caesar had played many roles well: the dutiful heir of Julius Caesar; the victor over Antony; the reformer of Roman government; the generous sponsor of literature and art;and, in his final years, the kindly father figure of Rome─providing food, entertainment, and security to his people. Near the end of his life, he remembered: “When I was 60 years old, the senate, the equestrians, and the whole people of Rome gave me the title of Father of my Country and decreed that this should be inscribed in the porch of my house.” (28) When Augustus died, all Italy mourned, and the Senate proclaimed him a god. His rule marked a turning point in history. In his lifetime, the Roman Republic came to an end. but he rescued the Roman state by turning it into a system ruled by emperors─a form of government that survived for another 500 years. In an age in which many rules were called “saviors” and “gods,” Augustus Caesar truly deserved to be called the savior of the Roman people.

• 18-4日本語訳

お願いします。 He told his people that he wanted them to live in a way that would lead to an“increase of their inner worthiness.”Ashoka also promoted the teachings of the Buddha and sent missionaries,including his son and his daughter,to lands as dar away as Sri Lanka so that his people would not make the same mistakes he had.As he said,“All men are my children.As for my own children,I desire that they may be provided with all the welfare and happiness of this world and of the next,so do I desire for all men as well.”  As part of his reforms,Ashoka banned the sacrifice of animals.This confused and angered many of his people,especially the Brahmins who made their living by performing animal sacrifices.The Brahmins were powerful enemies,break away from the Mauryan Empire after Ashoka's death.The last Mauryan ruler was assassinated in 185 BCE by one of his generals-who was,not so coincidentalky,a Brahmin.Although other kings would follow,no ruler would be strong enough to unite the many different people of the subcontinent into a single political state for 1,600 years.

• 日本語訳を! 8-(5)

お願いします。 (14) Archaeologists who have been digging and surveying at the pyramid town of Kahun on and off since 1889 have discovered what urban life was like in the Middle Kingdom. The walled village built beside the pyramid complex was home to the king's workers and their families. Judging from the size of their grain silos, there was enough food to support as many as 5,000 people. Seeds found in the ancient layers show botanists what the vegetation looked like back then. Poppies, lupines, and jasmine bloomed and perfumed the air. Gardeners tended their peas, beans, radishes, and cucumbers. (15) Nearby, archaeologists piece together life in the royal court as the area is excavated. One papyrus, The Tale of Sinuhe, gives us an idea of how a Middle Kingdom palace functioned. It was divided into three main parts. The royal family and their servants lived in an area called the Nursery. Banquets were held in the Pillared Hall. And business was conducted in the Audience Hall. (16) The story of the royal guard Sinuhe reveals that even in the Middle Kingdom plots to murder the king and overthrow the throne were a constant worry. King Amenemhet had united the country, but not all those governors were willing to give up their power now that they had tasted it. Prince Senwosert was on his way home from battle when messengers brought news from the palace that his father had been murdered. The story goes that Sinuhe, overhearing their message, panicked and fled Egypt. Crossing the desert, he thought he had met his end: "Thirst's attack overtook me, and I was scorched, my throat parched. I said, This is the taste of death."

• お願いします!!これを日本語にしてください!!

Nevertheless, Fujita became a hero back in Japan as the only man to fly a mission against the U.S.mainland. But he always had deep regrets about the war and his role in it. He spent the last 35 years of his life as a symbol of peace and mutual admiraition between Japan and America. He made several trips to Brookings, and entertained many Brookings citizens in his home. なんですけど。。。何の話か分からないので訳しにくいとは思いますが。。どうかお願いします!!!!!

• 日本語訳を!c14-2

お願いします!  One of the main messages that drew people to the teachings of Mahavira was his idea that all things are connected:  All men who are ignorant of the Truth are subject to pain;in the endless cycle of rebirth they suffer in many ways.  Therefore a wise man,who considers well the ways that lead to bondage and birth,should himself search for the truth,and be kind towards all creatures.  Mahavira's five rules of telling the truth,never stealing,never owning anything,never hurting anything,and remaining celibate were very difficult to follow.But in time his teachings became popular anyway.Most everyone wanted to reach moksha,release from the cycle of rebirth.People believed hat Mahavira achieved moksha upon his death at the age of 72.Instead of being born again,his spirit was released from the cycle of life and death.Some said that Indra,king of the deities,collected the pieces of his bones that were left after his body was burned and took them to heaven,where the deities joined together to worship them.  Mahavira did not try o start a religion .He was one of many teachers who had conquered the senses-who had learned how not to pay attention to feelings such as hunger,thirrt,and pain-and helped others to understand the way to reach moksha.Mahavira and others who have conquered their five senses are called jina,or conquerors.The name of the religious tradition that grew up around these teachers is called Jainism.  In Jainism,men and women who are great teachers are called“ford makers.”A ford is a place where it is easy to cross a stream-a ford maker is someone who helps others find a way to cross from the river of life and endless death and rebirth,to the peace of enlightenment,when the soul unites with the universe.These teachers learned to control their senses and desires and to break free from life on Earth.Mahavira was the 24th ford maker.

• 日本語訳をお願いします!

長いですが日本語に訳をお願いします! aspect→アスペクト past life→過去世 His eighth house conjuncts your eleventh house in Cancer. Theeighth house is about death and reincarnation and past lives.The eleventh house is friendship and hope. This shows that in a past life you knew each other, you lived in the same area, possible the same building or close neighbourhood in early life and grew up as friends. The part of the past incarnation spentwith him was a period of life that felt secure and happy, and safe. A feeling that you would like to return to in this life. I cannot tell how long you knew each other in the past incarnation, but you had a friendship that was deep enough to want to carry it through to other lives. Or to want to return to.This aspect is only one of friendship, it doesn’t show what else happened in the past life, you’d need the other aspects to know that, and this is a synastry not a karmic synastry. But its was not an ordinary friendship. You spent time together in homely places and with creative people. There may have been long gaps in the friendship. One of you may have had to wait for the other to return home, to continue the friendship. You were also both with your family’s and local community Which suggest it happened at a young age, in that life., The friendship between you is never destroyed with this sign. You would have both wished to meet in another incarnation and you have, and will do so in many future incarnations.

• 日本語訳を!!8

お願いします (1) Spartacus was born into a world of comfort and freedom. His father may even have been a nobleman. And yet Spartacus died a Roman slave. (2) Ancient writers give us only a sketchy outline of Spartacus's early years, but he was probably born in Thrace on the eastern fringe of Rome's huge empire. He served in the Roman army for a while but then deserted. Now instead of fighting to defend Rome, he became a rebel and a robber. (3) When the Romans captured him, they made him a slave and put him on the auction block. Whoever offered the most money would own him. Like all slaves in ancient Rome, Spartacus could be bought and sold as easily as a pottery bowl or a bundle of grain. If he got into trouble or tried to escape, he might be forced to wear a metal band around his neck. On one of these collars, now in a museum, are the words:“I have run away. Capture me. When you have returned me to my master...you will get a reward.”He might have had a brand on his face, made with a sizzling-hot iron. He could not own land or vote. He could not marry legally, and his children would be born into slavery. He could not choose his work; his master would make that decision. (4) Many foreign slaves, mostly prisoners of war, did the backbreaking work of building roads and aqueducts. Another unpleasant job was cleaning the public toilets and baths. But one of the worst places to work was in the silver mines of Spain. This was often the fate of slaves who had been convicted of crimes. The Greek historian Diodorus describes the lives of these men: Their bodies are worn down from working in the mine shafts both day and night. Many die because of the terrible treatment they suffer. They are given no rest or break from their work but are forced by the whiplashes of their overseers to endure the most dreadful hardships.... They often pray more for death than for life.

• 日本語訳をお願いします。3

至急こちらをお願いします。続き Potters made more than pots.They also made small figures that were probably used for praying to the deities,as well as toys for their children.Archaeologists can't always tell the difference between objects meant for sacred rituals and those made tn be toys.Today in India,after a mother is finished praying with a clay figurine,she often gives it to her children to play with.Archaeologists have found many broken and thrown-away figurines that may have bedn used first for rituals and later as toys.Some animal figurines had holes at the bottom to attach wheels and a hole at the top for a pull string,just like the plastic and wooden toys that little kids like to pull around today. Archaeologists don't know who did what job.Most believe that women made the first coil pots,as they still do in some remote Indian villages.For one thing,women were in charge of cooking,so they were the ones who cared most about making it easier.For another,women probably made the baskets that came before the coiled pots,and their shapes are similar. But the potter's wheel changed things.It takes a lot of strength and regular practice to work the wheel.It's not the kind of job you can do it between chasing your children around,and most women of the ancient world spent much of their time and energy on the important work of raising,feeding,and clothing their families.In many parts of the world,men began to work as full-time potters after the invention of the potter's wheel.

• 18-2日本語訳

お願いします。  In about 269 BCE,Ashoka's father,King Bindusara,died.Ashoka was barely 30,but he had already proven himself a brilliant warrior.Ashoka's mother had not been his father's chief wife,so he had to compete with his half brothers for the throne.But by 265 BCE Ashoka had defeated all his rivals and was the unquestioned king of the dntire northern subcontinent.  He may have been king,but many of his people did not wish to be his subjects.They had lived in independent city-states for centuries and,and although a centralized state had its good points,like making the roads better and safer and increasing trade,they did not want to obey a king.Ashoka made royal visits to these regions to persuade his people to stay in the kingdom his father and grandfather had established.When persuasion didn't work,he sent his army.  Ashoka's grandfather,Chandragupta,ham united most of the northern subcontinent.His empire stretched“from the lord of the mountains[Himalayas],cooled by showers of the spray nf the divine steam[Ganga]playing about among its rocks.to the shores of the southern ocean marked by the brilliance of gems flashing with various colors.”Arhoka's father,Bindusara,had continued his father's tradition,earning himself the nickname“Slayer of Enemies.”But neither Chandragupta nor Bindusara had dared attack the territory of Kalinga in eastern India.  Kalinga was a particularly rich and powerful state.Its riches came from its trade with Southeast Asia.Merchants from Kalinga could be found as far away as Borneo,Bali,and Java.Although it had no king,Kalinga protected its riches with a huge and well-organized army,including an army of especially mighty war elephants.