• 締切済み

ran the German out of

Some speak of Alexander And some of Hercules, Of Hector and Lysander; But the last three of these Are somewhat out of fashion Since Alexander ran The German out of Egypt With the Italian. 第二次大戦中の風刺の唄ですが、最後の文はアレキサンダーがイタリア人と一緒になってドイツ人をエジプトから追い出したという解釈でよろしいでしょうか? よろしくアドバイスお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• snorioo
  • ベストアンサー率54% (103/188)
回答No.1

第二次大戦中の風刺であれば、ドイツ人とイタリア人を一緒にエジプトから追い出した、ということでしょう。ドイツとイタリア(と日本)が同盟国でしたから。

hiro_ga2_91
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。その後調べてみると、アレキサンダーはエル・アラメインの戦いで連合国指揮官としてイタリア・ドイツと戦い勝利を治めた、ハロルド・アレキサンダーのことではないかと思いました。感謝いたします。

関連するQ&A

• 英文を和訳してください。

Sea engulfed even the Temple of Alexander, acclaimed by the Egyptians as a son of the god Amun. アレクサンダー神殿は海にのまれた。 アメン・ラー神の息子として、エジプト人たちに賞賛された。 エジプト人たちに賞賛されたのが何なのか(誰なのか)、分かりません。 アレクサンダー大王なのか、それとも神殿のことなのでしょうか?

• Draw you out

"You might find that friends and activities you enjoy will comfortably draw you out of some aspects of your sensitivity. " Draw you out の意味を教えてください。

• "just out shows"の"out"

下記の英文の"just out shows"の"out"はどんな意味をもっていますか。 "out" がないほうが自然な感じがします。 よろしくお願いします。 It's a common medication with uncommon benefits. Aspirin is one of the most widely used drugs in the world. And a new study just out shows that one low-dose aspirin a day - about 80 milligrams - can significantly reduce the risk of death from some common forms of cancer. But there are some precautions you ought to know about. 出展:VOA http://www.voanews.com/english/news/health/Aspirin-Can-Reduce-Cancer-Death-Rates-But-Can-Cause-Serious-Side-Effects-111617754.html

• call them out

I strongly dislike—or don’t fully trust—some of my husband’s friends and family. Although the family has accepted me with open arms, his father, the father’s side of the family, some of my husband’s friends, and their wives occasionally use cultural stereotypes. I’m the only person of color and the newest addition to the group; while I don’t want to be pegged as “the sensitive minority,” I also feel that my silence means acceptance of their words. My husband is totally accepting of others, never stereotypes anyone, and recognizes that these “joking” comments are offensive. But the one time I pushed him to respond to an offensive forwarded email, he dragged his feet, which was disappointing. I feel that since they’re his friends and family HE should be the one to say something, but I understand that he doesn’t want to get into an argument with people who raised him/whom he grew up with, and whom he loves. Is there a polite way to call them out on their words, or should I just leave this alone since 1) we don’t often see them and 2) they don’t say this stuff all of the time? call them out on their wordsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Which is more importantの後に「monument」が省略

Another problem was that the rising water would cover some of Egypt's greatest monuments. The most important of these were the temple of Abu Simbel. Which is more important, people or monuments? もう一つの問題は、上昇した水がエジプトの最も偉大な建造物を水没させるであろうことです。その最も重要なものはアブ シンベルです。人々か建造物、どちらがより重要なのでしょうか? と訳しましたが、 The most important の後に「monument」が省略されていると考えていいのでしょうか? お手数ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• Ran out of memory

パソコンに詳しい方教えてください。DVD movieが動作しません!! Windows Vistaを購入、付属のDVD-ROMを取り外し、故障したパソコン WindowsXPで使用していたマルチドライブDVDを取り付け(ATAPI)、BHA B's Recorder GOLD9とサイバーリンクのPowerDVD SE for Vistaをインストール、でも「コンピューターのメモリが不足しています、他のプログラムを終了してから再試行してください」と表示されて再生ができません。ドバイスマネジャの全般は(Bus Nunber:0,TargetID:0,Lan:0)で 空き領域0バイトです。誰かDVDの復帰方法を教えて下さい。

• 16-4日本語訳

お願いします。  O!Noble Man:  Our two hosts have been shattered by the fight,  The wild beasts batten on the brains of men,  The horses' hoofs are trampling on their bones,  Now both of us are heroes,brave and young,  Both paladins of eloquence and brain,  Why the slaughter be the soldier's lot  Or bare survival after combating. Alexander's first messenger war poor unlucky King Ambhi,but Porus chased that traitor away with a spear,so Alexander sent someone else.This time,after Porus had dirmounted from his horse and had a drink of water,he agreed to meet with Alexander.Although Greek historian Arrian said that Alexander won,he also said that when Alexander asked Porus how he wanted to be treated,Porus answered,“as a King. Many historians today believe that the battle ended in a tie.Alexander granted Porus not only the land that was already his,but a good part of King Ambhi's land as well.  Although Alexander was ready to go farther,after the battle with Porus his Greek soldiers had had enough,and they refused.Their return was horrible.After fighting their way down through unfriendly India settlements along the Indus River to the sea,most of the army died while trying to make its way home along the treacherous and waterless Makran coast between India and Mesopotamia.Although Alexander himself got to Mesopotamia safely,he died there a few years later,when he was only 32 years old.  From an Indian point of view,the invasion of Alexander the Great was far less important than the adventures of one of King Porus's allies,a minor prince named Chandragupta.The story goes that Alexander thought that Chandragupta was not respectful enough to him and tried to have him killed,but Chandragupta ran away.By 317 BCE,the prince who ran in fear of his life would control half of the Indian subcontinent,everything from present-day Afghanistan to Bangladesh and Nepal to the central Deccan plateau-including all of the South Asian territory once held by Alexander,Porus,and Ambhi.

• wait out my feelings

My father died two years ago from complications due to alcoholism. It was a long time coming, and I lived on the other side of the country and did not want to deal with the daily aspects of his care. My mom took care of him as he died but only in the most cursory ways—feeding and housing him. In all other ways she seemed to hate him: freezing him out and ignoring him when he spoke. I firmly believe that my mom should have left him, and it makes me angry at her for staying with him and enabling his alcoholism. I am having a lot of trouble talking to my mom now. I feel angry every time we speak. I currently can’t afford counseling, so my only strategy is to avoid her and wait out my feelings, which since my dad’s death have wavered between clinginess, distance, annoyance, and anger. wait out my feelingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Which is more importantの後に「monument」が省略

Another problem was that the rising water would cover some of Egypt's greatest monuments. The most important of these were the temple of Abu Simbel. Which is more important, people or monuments? もう一つの問題は、上昇した水がエジプトの最も偉大な建造物を水没させるであろうことです。その最も重要なものはアブ シンベルです。人々か建造物、どちらがより重要なのでしょうか? と訳しましたが、 Which is more importantの後に「monument」が省略されていると考えていいのでしょうか? お手数ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 次の文の添削をお願いします。

「MENEPTAH, or MERNEPTAH (Egypt. Meri-en-Ptah, Beloved of Ptah; Lat. Amenephthes; Gk. Ammenephthis). A king of Egypt, the son and successor of Ramses II (q.v.). He reigned for some 20 years about the middle of the thirteenth century B.C. and, in the fifth year of his reign, repelled a formidable invasion of Libyans and pirates. He built largely at Tanis and left monuments in various parts of Egypt. Formerly there seemed to be good grounds for identifying this King with the Pharaoh of the Exodus, but an inscription, discovered in 1896, mentions Israel as settled in Palestine in the fifth year of Meneptah's reign, and the identification is therefore impossible. The text of this interesting inscription, which contains the only mention of Israel to be found on the Egyptian monuments, was published with a German translation by Spiegelberg, in the Zeitschrift für ägyptische Sprache, vol. xxxiv (Leipzig, 1896), under the title "Der Siegeshymnus des Merneptah auf der Flinders Petrie Stele." The mummy of Meneptah was found at Thebes in 1898, and is now in the Museum of Cairo. Consult E. A. T. W. Budge, A History of Egypt (New York, 1902), and J. H. Breasted, A History of Egypt (2d ed., ib., 1909. The New International Encyclopaedia, Vol. XV (New York: Dodd, Mead & Co., 1920) 399.」という文ですが、約にどうしても自身がもてません。私の拙い訳は「メネンプタハまたはメネルプタハはプタハにかわいがられているという意味です。紀元前13世紀ラムセス二世の息子として生まれ約二十年間統治しました。そして彼の支配の5年後リビア人と海賊が侵入してきて撃退しました。そして、タニスに主なモニュメントを作り、各地域にも作りました。この王は出エジプト記のファラオと同一視されましたが、1896年に発見された碑文はパレスチナとイスラエルで書かれたものなので特定は不可能でした。エジプトの記念碑の上に見つけられるイスラエルの唯一の言及を含むこのおもしろい碑文のテキストはSpiegelbergによるドイツの翻訳で発行されました。メネンプタハの母のミイラは1898年テーベで見つかって、現在カイロ博物館にあります。」とここまで訳すのでいっぱいいっぱいでした。もっとしっくり来る訳や添削を教えてください。お願いします。