日本の領土保護のための尖閣諸島購入に関する疑問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 質問者は、「protecting Japanese territory」と「an apparent reference to China's claim to the islands」の関係がわからないと述べています。また、文中に「and」がないため、並列関係ではないと推測しています。形容詞句や副詞句の可能性も考えられますが、文法的な解釈が難しいです。
  • 質問者は、考えられる解釈として、「protecting~が分詞構文で挿入されているのかもしれないが、それなら前にコンマがあるはずだし」と述べています。
  • 上記の文章は、石原都知事が尖閣諸島を購入することで日本の領土保護を目指していることを示しています。また、この表現は、中国の尖閣諸島への主張に対する明確な言及と解釈されています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の和訳と解説をお願いします。

Ishimara said Monday local time that the purchase is aimed at protecting Japanese territory,an apparent reference to China's claim to the islands. この文章のprotecting Japanese territoryとan apparentreference~の関係が分かりません。 andがないから並列ではないですよね。protecting~が分詞構文で挿入されているのかなとも考えましたがそれなら前にコンマがつきそうだし。 いろいろ考えたのですがわかりませんでした。ちなみに出典はJapan timesです。 内容は石原都知事の尖閣諸島購入についてです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

石原都知事はこの前の月曜日,現地(日本)時間で,言った。 この(尖閣諸島の)購入は日本の領土を保護することを目的としている。 protecting は aimed at ~の at という前置詞とつながります。 「~を目指している」 そして,コンマの後は名詞のかたまり。 こういうコンマ,名詞は前の言い換えということが多いです。 もちろん,前に名詞があって,その言い換えということもありますが, 文的な内容についての言い換え(#2 の方が「要約」と言っているのも同じことです) ということもあります。 こういう彼の領土保護という表現を出すのは, 明らかに,中国の尖閣諸島への領有主張について言及しているのだ。 領土保護という,保護という以上,何か日本の領有を脅かすものがある, と言っているのと同じ,すなわち,「中国が主張している」 このことの言及・指摘に他ならない。 この(尖閣諸島の)購入は日本の領土を保護することを目的としている。 保護ということで,中国が領有権を主張していることを暗に言いたいのは明らかだ。

Vonugamay918
質問者

お礼

大変詳しい説明ありがとうございます。 「コンマ,名詞は前の言い換えということが多いです。」←覚えておきます!

その他の回答 (3)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.3

Ishimara said Monday local time that the purchase is aimed at protecting Japanese territory,(which is) an apparent reference to China's claim to the islands. とお考えになるとよいでしょう。

Vonugamay918
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!!

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

現地時間の月曜に石原は、明らかに中国の所有権主張に関連し、(尖閣諸島の)購入は日本の領土を保護するのが目的であるといった。 >>この文章のprotecting Japanese territoryとan apparentreference~の関係が分かりません。     protecting Japanese territory は、句動詞 aim at の目的語。     an apparent reference は、that から territory まで、即ち石原が言った内容の要約です。

Vonugamay918
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。感謝します。

• one4all
  • ベストアンサー率28% (171/594)
回答No.1

Ishimara said Monday local time that the purchase is aimed at protecting Japanese territory,an apparent reference to China's claim to the islands. = Ishimara said Monday local time that the purchase is an apparent reference to China's claim to the islands aimed at protecting Japanese territory. と書き換えれえます。to 以下、at 以下は副詞句なので、順番はどちらでも宜しいかと。 日本の領土であることを明確に中国に伝える意味での島の購入。

Vonugamay918
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳と解説をお願いします

JapanTimesの記事です。内容は読まれるとわかるでしょうが、石原都知事が尖閣諸島を購入する云々の話です。 "Tokyo will protect the Senkaku Islands.No matter which country dislikes it,no one should have a problem,"with Japan obtaining the islands to protect its territory,Ishihara told the audience,suggesting criticism of the central government fot its handling of the territorial issue. 質問は2点あります。 ・Ishihara氏のコメント内にある have a problemは反対する と訳しても大丈夫でしょうか。 ・全体的な節同士の意味的なつながり方がよくわかりません。 私は、いつも付帯状況のwithが出てくると詰まるのですが(訳しわけが不得手)この文もそうです。 そこのところを重点的に解説してくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の構造を教えて下さい。

下記の文章構造を教えて下さい。 In a case that human rights lawyers and activists worry could condone racial discrimination against foreigners by Japanese businesses, the Osaka District Court rejected a lawsuit Monday that was filed by a black American man who was denied entry to a store apparently due to his color. (出典:Japan Times) 大意は「裁判の結果が人種差別を許す(大目に見る)事になると心配する」だと思うのですが、 文法的に文章の構造をご解説お願い致します。 (文章を解りやすく並べ換えると、どうなるのでしょうか)

• 次の英文を和訳してください!

What would you do if you had two hours to invest five dollars? In an experiment, teams received an envelope with five dollars and were told they could spend as much time as they wanted planning. However, once they opened the envelope,the y had two hours to generate as much money as possible. She gave them from Wednesday afternoon until Sunday evening to complete the assignment. Then, on Monday afternoon each team had three minutes to present their plans to the class. They were encouraged to be entrepreneurial by identifying opportunities, challenging assumptions, leaveraging the limited resources they had, and by being creative. What would do if you were faced with this challenge? Would you go to Las Vegas or would you buy a lottery ticket? There may be significant risk with a small chance of winning. Another idea is to set up a car wash or lemonade stand, using the five dollars to purchase the start-up materials. But most of her students eventually found a way to go far beyond the standard responses. They seriously challenged traditional assumptions–exposing a wealth of possibilities–in order to create as much value as possible.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Territorial claims The Japanese claim to Shantung was disputed by the Chinese. In 1914 at the outset of World War I Japan had seized the territory granted to Germany in 1897. They also seized the German islands in the Pacific north of the equator. In 1917, Japan had made secret agreements with Britain, France, and Italy that guaranteed their annexation of these territories. With Britain, there was a mutual agreement, Japan also agreeing to support British annexation of the Pacific islands south of the equator. Despite a generally pro-Chinese view on behalf of the American delegation, Article 156 of the Treaty of Versailles transferred German concessions in Jiaozhou Bay, China to Japan rather than returning sovereign authority to China. The leader of the Chinese delegation, Lou Tseng-Tsiang, demanded that a reservation be inserted before he would sign the treaty. The reservation was denied, and the treaty was signed by all the delegations except that of China. Chinese outrage over this provision led to demonstrations known as the May Fourth Movement. The Pacific islands north of the equator became a class C mandate administered by Japan.Prime Minister Eleftherios Venizelos took part in the Paris Peace Conference as Greece's chief representative. President Woodrow Wilson was said to have placed Venizelos first in point of personal ability among all delegates gathered in Paris to settle the terms of Peace. Venizelos proposed the Greek expansion on Thrace and Asia Minor (lands of the defeated Kingdom of Bulgaria and Ottoman Empire), Northern Epirus, Imvros and Tenedos, aiming to the realization of the Megali Idea. He also reached an agreement with the Italians on the cession of the Dodecanese (Venizelos–Tittoni agreement). For the Greeks of Pontus he proposed a common Pontic-Armenian State. As a liberal politician, Venizelos was a strong supporter of the Fourteen Points and of the League of Nations. Chinese approach The Chinese delegation was led by Lou Tseng-Tsiang, accompanied by Wellington Koo and Cao Rulin. Before the Western powers, Koo demanded that Germany's concessions on Shandong be returned to China. He further called for an end to imperialist institutions such as extraterritoriality, legation guards, and foreign leaseholds. Despite American support and the ostensible spirit of self-determination, the Western powers refused his claims, transferring the German concessions to Japan instead. This sparked widespread student protests in China on 4 May, later known as the May Fourth Movement, eventually pressuring the government into refusing to sign the Treaty of Versailles. Thus the Chinese delegation at the Paris Peace Conference was the only one not to sign the treaty at the signing ceremony.

• おはようございます。恐れ入りますが、英文の和訳をお願いします。

おはようございます。恐れ入りますが、英文の和訳をお願いします。 How are you? Do you have anything special planned for the long weekend? Or do you have to work on the national holiday. On Monday you have・春分の日, right? From・Wikipedia:・This national holiday was established in 1948 as a day for the admiration of nature and the love of living things. Prior to 1948, the vernal equinox was an imperial ancestor worship festival called・Shunki k・rei-sai・(春季皇霊祭?). Love of living things? Is this a kind of Japanese version of valentines day? I'm also sorry for my late reply :) No really I'm not trying to be funny, I'm really really busy. My project is going quite well, actually it is going so well that management decided to take some people from my team and let them help with another project ... I guess this is my punishment for doing so well :( In April I need to go to Singapore again and maybe we'll have a Korean customer. I have never been to Korea, I almost wanted to ask if you went to Korea already ... but then I remember that you have never left Japan. I think it makes to pure Japanese ... not spoiled by foreign things ... maybe except me :) Although Singapore is very nice, the food is really nice in Singapore, I would prefer to come to Japan ... I really look forward to have diner with you again. You are so cute ... and beautiful ... Oh on the return flight from Singapore to Brussel I got upgraded to business class again. So I had a very enjoyable return flight. I think I deserved it after all the trouble I had to get there ... haha It's a petty that your movie is not on the internet ... I'm sure you would be a hit on youtube:) ・Why are you embarrassed? You should be proud that you have been chosen to be in the commercial. I will never be chosen for a commercial ... It's getting late again ... I better go to home ... otherwise my Japanese colleagues still want to have a video conference ...・ Really wish I could see you soon,

• 和訳お願いします

Consider establishing SDF garrison on Senkaku isles: LDP's Ishihara Washington AFP-JIJI Japan should consider deploying Self-Defense Forces units to islands it controls but claimed by China to counter Beijing's growing assertiveness, a liberal Democratic Party leader said while on a visit to the United States. Nobuteru Ishihara, sometimes seen as a future prime minister if the LDP returns to power, said Monday that Tokyo should also look more broadly at stepping up defense spending in the face of a rising China. Japan officially regards the Senkaku Islands as under the jurisdiction of Okinawa. Beijing claims the islets, which are known in China as Diaoyu. Last year a run-in involving a Chinese trawler and Japan Coast Guard boats trying to shoo the vessel away from the area led to a further souring of relations. Ishihara, secretary general of the conservative party, said Japan should move "quickly" to put the islands under public Ishihara, of the conservative party, said Japan should move "quickly" to put the islands under public control. Tokyo considers most of the area to be privately owned by Japanese citizens. "Following this change, a port should be developed where fishing boats may take refuge," Ishihara said at the Hudson Institute, a Washington think tank. "I further believe that we must seriously begin contemplating the establishment of a permanent post for the Self-Defense Forces in this area" he said. Japan said in 2008 that it had reached kn agreement with China for joint drilling of potentially lucrative gas fields near the disputed islands. But the deal has gone nowhere, with China saying its stance has not changed. Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda's Democratic Party of Japan has mostly sought smooth ties with China, which says its growing military spending is for peaceful purposes. Noda asked Chinese President HC Jintao for progress on the 2008 deal during talks last month on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific summit in Hawaii, although Japanese officials said Hu was noncommittal. But Ishihara said China has become "assertive, one may even say aggressive" in recent years and pointed to its actions in separate maritime disputes with the Philippines, Vietnam and other Southeast Asian nations, "Emboldened by its new economic weight and growing military might, China's proclamations of its 'peaceful rise' appear more and more at odds with the emerging reality," he said. Ishiara, leading a delegation from his party, was in Washing- ton partly to ease concerns over the opposition's stance on the Trans-Pacific Partnership free- trade pact championed by President Barack Obama. Noda announced last month that Japan will enter the TPP talks but has faced strong opposition from farmers worried about foreign competition and threats of strong resistance by LDP lawmakers who consider the farm industry as a key political base. Ishihara said discussions on the TPP are "at the starting line" and the government must do all it can to address public concerns and ensure food security. "We would like to understand what the US. wants to get out of the TPP. If it's an effective tool to establish a free-trade zone for the Pacific that benefits both the US. and Japan, that would be reason to pursue it," he said. "But if we can't identify enough merit for Japan and the US., then maybe we should pursue another way to establish a free-trade zone."

• 和訳添削お願いします。

和訳の訂正など宜しくお願いします。 I would memorize passages I particularly liked and recite them to friends, even those who knew not a word of Japanese, being convinces that the beauty would be apparent from the sounds alone. ・私は特に好きな通説を暗唱して、そして日本語を一語も知らない友達に対してさえも、誇らしく物語りたい、その美は音からだけでも明らかになろうと確信しておったからなのです。(もはやぐちゃぐちゃ…) I learned at this time that the Chinese Government(the present government of Taiwan) was offering fellowships to Americans who had served in China during the war and who intended to pursue a career related in some way to China. ・私はこの頃、中国政府(現在の台湾政府)が戦争中に中国で軍部について、中国に何らかの関係を持つ仕事を追求する意図があるアメリカ人に、奨学金を提供していることを知った。 This too stemmed from the traditions of studying Latin and Greek in England, but surely it was expecting too much of students who had received so little exposure to any from of the Japanese language. ・これはまた、イングランドにおけるラテン語やギリシャ語を勉強する伝統から生じたものであったのですが、日本語のいかなる形態にもほとんど接触することがなかった学生たちに、それはあまりにも多くのことを求めていたのであります。 以上、宜しくお願いします<m(__)m>

• 和訳をお願いします。

When the war in Europe began in August 1914, Britain promptly requested Japanese assistance. On 15 August, Japan issued an ultimatum, stating that Germany must withdraw her warships from Chinese and Japanese waters and transfer control of its port of Tsingtao to Japan. The next day, Major-General Mitsuomi Kamio, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 18th Infantry Division, was ordered to prepare to take Tsingtao by force. The ultimatum expired on 23 August, and Japan declared war on Germany. At the beginning of hostilities, the ships of the East Asia Squadron under Vice Admiral Maximilian von Spee were dispersed at various Pacific colonies on routine missions. Spee's ships rendezvoused in the Northern Mariana Islands for coaling. SMS Emden then headed for the Indian Ocean, while the rest of the squadron made their way to the west coast of South America. The squadron engaged and destroyed a Royal Navy squadron at the Battle of Coronel, before being destroyed at the Battle of the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. The Boxer Rebellion at the beginning of the century had led Germany to consider the defense of Tsingtao. The port and town were divided from the rest of the peninsula by steep hills. The natural line of defense lay along the hills, from the Kaiserstuhl to Litsuner Heights. A second 17 km (11 mi) line of defense was set up along a closer line of steep hills. The final line of defense was along hills 200 m (660 ft) above the town. A network of trenches, batteries and other fortifications had been built in preparation for the coming siege. Germany had strengthened the defenses from the sea, laying mines in the approaches to the harbour and building four batteries and five redoubts. The fortifications were well equipped (though some with obsolete Chinese artillery) and were well manned. On 27 August, the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) sent ships under Vice-Admiral Sadakichi Kato, flying his flag in the pre-dreadnought Suwo, to blockade the coast of Kiaochow. The British Royal Navy (RN) strengthened the Japanese fleet by sending the China Station's pre-dreadnought HMS Triumph and the destroyer HMS Usk. According to a German press report after the siege, the Triumph was damaged by the German shore batteries. The blockading fleet consisted mainly of nearly obsolete warships, though it did at times include a few modern vessels. These included the dreadnoughts Kawachi, Settsu, the battlecruiser Kongō, her sister Hiei, and the seaplane carrier Wakamiya, whose aircraft became the first of its kind in the world to attack land and sea targets. These Japanese aircraft would also take part in another military first, a night-time bombing raid. Japanese troops coming ashore near Tsingtao The 18th Infantry Division was the primary Japanese Army formation that took part in the initial landings, numbering some 23,000 soldiers with support from 142 artillery pieces.

• 和訳お願いします

"Following this change, a port should be developed where fishing boats may take refuge," Ishihara said at the Hudson Institute, a Washington think tank. "I further believe that we must seriously begin contemplating the establishment of a permanent post for the Self-Defense Forces in this area" he said. Japan said in 2008 that it had reached kn agreement with China for joint drilling of potentially lucrative gas fields near the disputed islands. But the deal has gone nowhere, with China saying its stance has not changed. Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda's Democratic Party of Japan has mostly sought smooth ties with China, which says its growing military spending is for peaceful purposes. Noda asked Chinese President HC Jintao for progress on the 2008 deal during talks last month on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific summit in Hawaii, although Japanese officials said Hu was noncommittal. But Ishihara said China has become "assertive, one may even say aggressive" in recent years and pointed to its actions in separate maritime disputes with the Philippines, Vietnam and other Southeast Asian nations, "Emboldened by its new economic weight and growing military might, China's proclamations of its 'peaceful rise' appear more and more at odds with the emerging reality," he said. Ishiara, leading a delegation from his party, was in Washing- ton partly to ease concerns over the opposition's stance on the Trans-Pacific Partnership free- trade pact championed by President Barack Obama.

• 和訳をお願いします。

Between 1803 and 1854, the United States achieved a vast expansion of territory through purchase, negotiation, and conquest. At first, the new states carved out of these territories entering the union were apportioned equally between slave and free states. It was over territories west of the Mississippi that the proslavery and antislavery forces collided. With the conquest of northern Mexico west to California in 1848, slaveholding interests looked forward to expanding into these lands and perhaps Cuba and Central America as well.[45][46] Northern "free soil" interests vigorously sought to curtail any further expansion of slave territory. The Compromise of 1850 over California balanced a free soil state with stronger fugitive slave laws for a political settlement after four years of strife in the 1840s. But the states admitted following California were all free: Minnesota (1858), Oregon (1859) and Kansas (1861). In the southern states the question of the territorial expansion of slavery westward again became explosive. Both the South and the North drew the same conclusion: "The power to decide the question of slavery for the territories was the power to determine the future of slavery itself." Sen. Stephen Douglas, author of the Kansas–Nebraska Act of 1854. Sen. John J. Crittenden, of the 1860 Crittenden Compromise. By 1860, four doctrines had emerged to answer the question of federal control in the territories, and they all claimed they were sanctioned by the Constitution, implicitly or explicitly. The first of these "conservative" theories, represented by the Constitutional Union Party, argued that the Missouri Compromise apportionment of territory north for free soil and south for slavery should become a Constitutional mandate. The Crittenden Compromise of 1860 was an expression of this view.