Big Changes Reshaping Europe: An Overview

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Significant changes have occurred in Europe's social, political, and technological landscape in recent years, with profound implications for the future.
  • Let's identify and discuss some inaccuracies in the statement: (1) 'Big changes,' while not specific, is an acceptable description of the transformative processes taking place. (2) The phrase 'had taken place' implies past completion, but the changes are ongoing and evolving. (3) The possessive pronoun 'its' suggests that the technology belongs to Europe, while it is actually a global phenomenon. (4) The certainty of the changes is a matter of interpretation and speculation.
  • In conclusion, Europe has witnessed significant transformations across its social, political, and technological spheres. However, it is important to critically assess the language used to describe these changes and avoid overgeneralizations or claims of absolute certainty.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語 教えて下さい

Big changes had taken place in Europe's social and political life ---and in its technology --- during the past few years. They are certain to reshape life in the future. (1)Big changes (2)had taken place (3) its technology (4) are certain to この文章に含まれている誤った表現を(1)~(4)の中で撰んでください。理由も兼ねて教えていただけると嬉しいです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

the past few years で「この数年」 今の話をしていれば「今までの数年」 過去の話をしていれば「その過去までの数年」 後の文で ARE という現在形を使っていることから,今のこと。 よって,HAVE TAKEN という現在完了。 ここでは「怒り続けている」というより,「起こってきた」という感じなので, 現在完了進行形 have been taking place より,have taken place で十分です。 「~してきた」というのはある程度幅のある期間にわたっていますが, 継続・経験・完了がまざったような意味合いです。 England has produced a lot of great poets. こういう「数多くの詩人を輩出してきた」 感覚で,「ずっとし続けている」というのとはちょっと違います。

lebera
質問者

お礼

有り難うございます。こういう問題が苦手なもので、大変助かりました。

その他の回答 (2)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.3

No.1です。 現在完了形に訂正致します。大変失礼しました。 Big changes HAVE taken place in Europe's social and political life ---and in its technology --- during the past few years. They are certain to reshape life in the future. take place「起こった」という一時点を示す動詞は進行形としては収まりが宜しくないようです。

lebera
質問者

お礼

重ねて有り難うございます。大変助かりました。感謝します。

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

(2) had taken place → have been taking place 現在完了進行形が相応しいでしょう。

lebera
質問者

お礼

有り難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語 教えて下さい

(1)There are a number of layoffs in the auto industry recently. (2)Big changes had taken place in Europe's social and political life ---and in its technology --- during the past few years. They are certain to reshape life in the future. (1)と(2)の英文に誤った表現がひとつずつあるのですが、よく分かりません。なぜそこが間違っているのか理由も添えて教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!2

What are the live of these refugee children like? Think about the case of the children in this photo. They are from Kosovo. Their village was attacked. Their father and older brother were in great danger and had to run away. These children and their mother were left behind. But they were in danger too. They had to leave. They became refugees. There are million of children like the. These children are refugees living in Africa,Asia and Europeーーーeverywhere.

• 英語の訳と和訳の正誤

訳と文章についての説明が欲しいです。 We have to consider it not, like the experts, in all its complicated detail but in its simpler outlines. And the picture I find emerging from these outlines is far from reassering. notが突然現れていて、こんな場所においていいのかなーと悩んでいます。 not~but~っていう構文なのかと思うんですが、でもnotの位置に釈然としません。 二行目のfind emerging もなんだかよく分かりません。感覚の動詞なら、find 感覚動詞で いいと覚えていたんですが、emergeは問題が表れる、で感覚動詞じゃないので、悩んでます。 I am speaking now not of the industrial revolution that has been with us for the past two hundred years, but more precisely of technological revolution that has taken place in little more than the past twenty years. これも突然notが入っていて混乱しています。 また、in little more than っていうのが、よく分かりません。 この辺りを教えてもらいたいです。 They found themselves cut off form the soil. 彼らは土からきりはなされたことがわかった。でいいんでしょうか? The progress of the past two centuries, and still more of the past two millannia, seems to have gone at a mere snail`s pace by comparison. milleniaはmilleniamsの誤植かなぁと思っています。 訳があっているか知りたいです。 「過去2世紀の進化は、まして過去2千年の進化と比較すれば、まったくのろのろとしているように見える」 どうでしょうか? Thus more people are assisting the city to send forth its greedy tentacles into the country. これは訳を教えてもらいたいです。 主語、動詞は分かるんですが、the city to send forth its greedy tentacles into the countryの部分が 難しくて分かりません。 おねがいします。

• 英語の和訳でつまずいています、訳を教えて下さい。

Mr. Geithner also urged Asian and Pacific economies to take up the slack as Europe confronts slowing economic growth. “We are all directly affected by the crisis in Europe,” he said, “but the economies gathered here are in a better position than most to take steps to strengthen growth in the face of these pressures from Europe.” ガイトナーさんの発言ですが、are in a better position than のつぎにmostがきており、これが何を指すのかわかりません。 この部分の訳を教えてください。 できれば文法的な説明もしていただけるとありがたいです。

• 自由英作の添削お願いします!

携帯電話が私たちの暮らしを変えてきていることに対しての意見(50語以上) Cellphones have enabled us to give a call and mail wherever they are. So it has had a good effect on our life. However, there are many facts that people are bothered by it such as;they use on trains Therefore, they judge whether they may use their cellphone in its place and I want them to use it. お願いします。

• 英語の訳が分りません

英語の訳が分りません 分る方至急教えて下さい お願いします。 A visitor from abroad had the following experience: "Within two weeks of my arrival in Japan. I was carried into a large hospital for emergency treatment of a very painful stomachache. My troubles were even worse because I could neither speak nor understand Japanese. It is hard to say which was greater-my stomach pain or my fears and anxiety. In the midst of all the confusion, however, I heard the soft sounds of classical music coming from the hospital's loudspeakers. As I began to listen to the familiar melody, I started to relax and to believe that everything would be all right. And, in fact, it was thanks to the power of music!" As this visitor discovered, music can have a powerful healing effect on us. Music therapy is especially useful with the elderly. For example, an old people's home in Toronto, Canada, recently installed a karaoke machine for its patients' use. The nurses were amazed at the changes in the elderly people. A few patients who had withdrawn themselves and refused to communicate began to sing and talk to each other. For them, karaoke singing became the first step to a happier life. According to certain theories, music fulfills three functions in improving the quality of life. First, since humans live in thei past, present, and future at the same time, music helps them to remember the past. Second, music, especially group singing, helps people to feel connected to others. That is, they feel less isolated and lonely. Third, music helps people get over an unpleasant experience. That is, music allows a brief escape from hard reality.

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

サルの進化に関する英文の一部です。 難しいですが翻訳お願いします。 This is because the genetic isolation to which the animals inhabiting islands are submitted makes it possible to eliminate from the causes of genetic change the introduction of foreign elements,either by immigration of outside species or by race mixture with novel varieties originating in different milieus. Even the changes in the environment ,in answer to which adaptation may be thought to have occurred ,can to large extent be read in the geological and paleontological record left in the sediments of ages past.

• 英語が得意な方 和訳を助けてください。

英語が得意な方 和訳を助けてください。うまく訳せなくて困っています。よろしくお願いします。 Whereas the Bundeswehr(ドイツ軍) became an essential part of the anticommunist bastion in Western Europe under the leadership of the USA, the NVA, under the leadership of the SED and the USSR, had to fulfill its ‘revolutionary task’ in the sense of a struggle against the class enemy in the capitalist West.

• 英熟語に関する質問です

受験参考書に In men, as a rule, love is but an episode which takes its place among the other affairs of the day, and the emphasis laid on it in novels gives it an importance which is untrue to life. という文章が掲載されていました。私が違和感を感じるのは" take its place" です。今まで take place (起こる、生じる)と覚えてきたので、間にitsが入るのが不思議なのです。 質問は2つあります。 (1)itsはどういう働きをしているのでしょうか? (2)この文章で" take its place"を、" take place"に置き換えても、誤りではなく、意味も変わらないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳

The changes brought on by the end of the Cold War are so many and so complex that no one can really know for sure what they all will be yet. One change that is already taking place, though, is the role of the United Nations in keeping peace around the world. During the superpower era, most wars in Asia, Africa, and Latin Americaーnot to mention the Middle Eastーwere about different beliefs that people had about how society should be organized or about religion. UN forces were sent in only to observe and maintain agreements that had already been worked out between the fighting parties. 1行目からつまづきました。 so…that~構文?それからno one…yetの構文でしょうか。whatは関係代名詞か疑問詞か… お願い致します。