• ベストアンサー

herを使った場合と、使わなかった場合の違いは?

次の文章で Six-time Grammy winner Whitney Houston was found dead in her Beverly Hills hotel room on Saturday, the day before this year's ceremony. She was 48. とあるのを ……dead in Beverly Hills hotel room …… と、herを使わなかった場合は、 ニュアンスに違いがあるのでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • roxzen
  • ベストアンサー率46% (29/62)
回答No.3

herがある場合...ビバリーヒルズホテルで彼女が宿泊していた部屋 herがない場合...ビバリーヒルズホテルの一部屋 となり、herがない場合は、誰の部屋かどうかは特定できません。 彼女の部屋かもしれないし、他の誰かの部屋かもしれないし、誰も泊まってない部屋だったかもしれません。

kakehasi
質問者

お礼

roxzenさん、ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

ニュアンスというより「意味」は、#1さんの回答通りで、 herを使わなかった場合、 「……dead in Beverly Hills hotel room ……」 ではダメで、少なくとも、 「in a Beverly Hills hotel room」と「a」が必要、 その場合には「ビバリーヒルズにあるホテルの1室/ある部屋で」 という意味になります。 (「hotel」がミスタイプでなければ、が前提で、 大文字ではじまっていれば「ビバリーヒルズホテルの1室で」 のように訳が変わります) 「the」は、前の方で、先に「その部屋」の話が出てきているか、 後に、関係代名詞節などがついて、「部屋」を特定するような話に なっていなければ、使えません。

kakehasi
質問者

お礼

WiredLogicさん、ありがとうございます。

回答No.1

「彼女の宿泊している」という意味がなくなるように思えます。

kakehasi
質問者

お礼

nobuchan1942さん、ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• be動詞の過去時制がよくわかりません!!!

My sister is in her room.という文がいっているのは、今部屋に彼女がいる、ということですが、 My sister was in her room.は過去に部屋に彼女がいたが今はいない、という事をいっている。 There was a small village on the lake. 湖のほとりに小さな村があった。 というのは、今はもう小さな村は無いってことですか??? be動詞の過去時制がよくわかりません!!!

• 翻訳お願いします

She always had to write them our in a punch code they made her learn when she was six years old.

• 日本語に翻訳してください!!

In 1931,she made up her mind to become a nun and took the name Teresa. Her life began to change when she was thirty-six years old. という文章です。一応、私も翻訳してみたのですが文章がおかしくなってしまって…。 お願いします!!

• The cancer was missed

My sister has been diagnosed with terminal cancer—at 44, with children. This came out of the blue. She has not had previous cancer. The cancer was missed, her doctor was supercilious, her boyfriend finally took her in to the emergency room for pain after he became fed up. The cancer was missedとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語で分からない問題があるので教えてください!

(1)次の英文をIt is〔was〕... that~の構文を使い、 ←の語句をそれぞれ強調する英文を完成させなさい。 1) Jim ← It was ( )that ( ) in a taxi. 2) his wallet ← It was ( ) that ( ) in a taxi. 3) in a taxi ← It was ( ) that( ). (2)日本語訳を完成させなさい。 I'd like to book a room at the hotel.  →そのホテルの部屋を( )。

• このAVのタイトルを教えて下さい。

XVIDEOSというサイトで、「Schoolgirl Getting Her Mouth And Hairy Pussy Fucked On The Bed In The Hotel Room」と検索すると先頭に出るはずです。

• よろしくお願いします

My sister always leaves big tips -- like $5 for a cup of coffee. She also is overly generous in other ways. She gave our teenage niece several pairs of expensive boots and was furious when the girl then sold them on eBay. Six years ago, my sister let her house go to mold. When the local police began asking about her, I stepped in and found someone willing to buy her home and rehab it. She has since lived in an extended-stay hotel and is now on anti-depressants. I recently met her for lunch. We both ordered soup for a total of $8. I left a 20 percent tip, but as I was walking out the door, I caught her checking out my tip and then adding to it. She brags about her big tips. Frankly, I don't want to meet up with her anymore. go to moldとrehab itの意味を教えてください。extended-stay hotelは「長期滞在者用のホテル」でしょうか?あと、 meet up with herはmeet herと言うのとはどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My wife is entering her second trimester with our second child. I was caught off-guard the other day when she casually mentioned that she will ask her friend to be in the operating room for her C-section. Admittedly, I was not much help the first go-around. My wife was not treated right leading up to her emergency C-section. the first go-aroundはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、My wife was not treated right leading up to her emergency C-section.の和訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• anotherとotherの違い

one,another,other(s),the other(s)を文章に入れる問題↓でよく分からないところがあります。 She took her dog to a park near her house,she saw 4 people there and all of them had a dog. She talked to them .( ) of them was a man named Tom,who had a small brown dog. ( ) person,Mika,had a bulldog. ( ) were Keiko and Ken,and they had Shiba dogs. While she was talking to them,she saw( ) person coming with a dog.It was named Rob. Rob and ( ) meet in that park every Saturday to talk together and let their dogs have s good time together. 最初の2つがone 、anotherなのは分かるのですが、 解答によると、あとの3つが順番にthe others,another,the othersみたいなのですが、なぜそうなるのか分かりません。なんで最後の残りでないのにケイコとケンがthe others なんですか? だいたい4人の人と会ったとあるのにトム、ミカ、ケイコ、ケン、ロブと5人いますよね?何かの間違いでしょうか。。

• 和訳お願いします。

翻訳機は使わないでください^^; Margie went into the schoolroom. It was right next to her own room. The mechanical teacher was on and waiting for her. It was always on at the same time every day except Saturday and Sunday. Her mother said that little girls learned better if they learned at regular hours. The screen was lighted up. It said, 'Today's arithmetic lesson is on the addition of proper fractions. Please insert yesterday's homework in the proper slot." Margie did so with a sigh. She was thinking about the old schools they had when her grandfather's grandfather was a boy. All the kids from the whole neighborhood came. They laughed and shouted in the schoolroom, and went home together at the end of the day. They learned the same things, so they could help one another with the homework. And they could talk about it. And the teachers were people…. The mechanical teacher was flashing on the screen: "When we add the fractions 1/2 and 3/4 ..." Margie was thinking about how the kids must have loved it in the old days. She was thinking about the fun they had.