• 締切済み

英訳お願いいたします!

if they consider it too close, either they brake, or they accelerate to reduce the pressure on them, この文章のreduce the pressureはどう訳せばいいのでしょうか。 ご教授お願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• speglo
  • ベストアンサー率47% (167/353)
回答No.1

何の話か分からないので訳すのは難しいですね。車の話しのようですが、比喩かもしれません。 比喩であれば、なんらかの状況が切迫していると判断したら、その圧迫感を拭うために、ブレーキを踏むか、加速するかの選択がある。ということですね。もしこれが比喩でなく、現実に誰かが後ろに接近している場合、ブレーキを踏んで相手をけん制するか、加速して距離を開けるかでこの圧迫状態から解放されるということですね。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳なんですが

The trick is to realize that reading another bit either multiplies the number seen so far by 2 (if it is a 0), or multiplies by 2 and then adds 1 (if it is a 1). この英文の和訳と、seenの用法を説明してください。

• 添削お願いします

こんにちは。下の文の英訳なのですが添削してください。よろしくお願いします! 「友達でも恋人でも、いい関係を保つにはお互い少しの努力が必要だと思うの。もし二人のうちどちらか一人でもそうする努力をやめてしまったらその関係はうまくいかないわ。」 Whether it is friendship or romantic relationship, to maintain the good relationship, I think, it takes hard work. At least they(or both of them?) should be willing to try to do that mutually. If either of them isn't, then the relationship doesn't work eventually.

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします!

flaming lipsのrace for the prizeという曲です。大好きなのでかっこよく訳してほしいです。よろしくお願いします。 Two scientists were racing For the good of all mankind Both of them side by side So Determined Locked in heated battle For the cure that is their prize But it's so dangerous But they're determined Theirs is to win If it kills them They're just humans With wives and children Upwards to the vanguard Where the pressure is too high Under the microscope Hope against hope Forging for the future But to sarcrifice their lives Both of them side by side So determined Theirs is to win If it kills them They're just humans With wives and children Theirs is to win It will kill them They're just humans With wives and children

• 英訳です!!

Then the time came for Tonky and Wanly. They always looked at people with loving eyes. They were sweet and gentle-hearted. However, the elephant keeepers had to stop giveng them anything to eat. When a keeper walked by their cage, they stood up and raised their trunks high in the air. They did their tricks because they were hoping to get food and water. Everyone at the zoo said with tears, “If they can live a few more days, the war may be over and they will be saved.”  Tonky and Wanly could no longer move. They lay down on the ground, but their eyes were beautiful. When an elephant keeper came to see them, they looked so weak. He became too sad to go back to see them. Bombs continued to dop on Tokyo. And a few days later, Tonk and Wanly died. Later, when the bodies of the elephants were examined, nothing was found in their stomachs -not even one drop of water. Today, the three elephants rest in peace with other animals under the monument at the Ueno Zoo.

• 一行です。英訳教えてくださいm(_ _)m

一行です。英訳教えてくださいm(_ _)m 「彼がこのことを知ったら、喜ぶか、怒るか、どっちかだね。」 この英訳を知りたいです。 以下、私が英訳トライしてみたのですが^^; If he know it, he either will be delighted or be angry. これではだめでしょうか? 英辞郎にあった、 『成るか成らぬか二つに一つだ。 It either happens or it doesn't.』 を参考に作ってみました。 もしも、直せる価値があるなら、直してください。 ダメダメなら、良い見本を教えてくださいm(_ _)m 原文内容自体がへんてこりんで、申し訳ないですm(_ _)m

• It will make most America

It will make most Americans uncomfortable if you insist on ( ) expecting gifts. 1.their accepting 2.them to accept 3.their acceptance 4.they accept 解答は1なのですが、よくわかりません。なぜこの答えになるのか教えてください。

• 英訳添削をお願いします。

教えて下さい。 長文ですみませんが、英訳添削をお願い申し上げます。 1、 私は、魚臭い食物が好きではありません。 I don't like food which has fishy smell. 2、私は、果物と料理が混ざっている料理が好きではありません。 I don't like dish that mix fruit and dish. メロンの上に生ハムがのっているものとか。 For example, there is raw ham on the melon. 酢豚の中にパイナップルが入っているのも嫌いです。 I don't like that there are pineapples in sweet-and-sour pork, either. 別々に食べたら美味しいのになぜそれをわざわざ入れるのだろうか? If you eat separately, it is delicious, why do they all the way to put them in it? 3、JELLOはアメリカのゼリーの商標です。 JELLO is the name brand of American jelly.

• Not that either.

NHKラジオ英会話講座より Makoto:They must have used their lighters. It sounds logical, doesn't it. Ben:Not that either. They all turned on their cellphone screens and used them like dim flashlights. It gave them just enough light to evacuate safely. (質問)Not that either.(それも違う)についてお尋ねします。 (1)that は指示代名詞、それとも主語、でしょか?、動詞は省略されてますね?正式な文章にすると、どのようになると思われますか? (2)応用の広い言葉だと思いますが、「それも」のところを、「林檎も蜜柑も違う(同じ)」とか「太郎も花子も違う(同じ)」など具体的に言う場合も応用できますか?幾つか例文を教えてくださいませんか? (3)neitherを使って、言い換えられますか?  以上  

• 英語。訳を教えてください。

今日のvoa special english の WHO Urges Ban on Blood Test for Tuberculosis から These tests are actively doing people harm by causing them either to take medicines that they don't need or delaying the diagnosis that they actually do need, to get better. とありますが、 do people harm by causing them to get better って解釈ですよね?harmってプラスにも使えるんですか?

• 英訳してみました・・

英訳してみたのですが、どうでしょうか? 『私のことを言われるのは全く構わないけど、家族のことを言われるのは許せない。』 I don't mind at all if they talk about me, but it is offensive to me that they talk about my family.