• 締切済み

和訳をお願いします

和訳の課題が出ました。 自分で訳してみたのですが、日本語的に意味が解らないような、変な文章になってしまいました。 詳しい方、教えてください。 1・Happiness is not like a large and beautiful gem, so uncommon and rare that all search for it is vain, all efforts to obtain it hopeless; but it consists of smaller and commoner gems, grouped and set together, forming a pleasing and graceful whole. 2・A university professor I know gave up his job because it was keeping him away from his garden too much. He now supports him self and his wife doing occasional translation jobs for less money than his old salary. However, he has all the time he needs for gardening. It is quite amazing just how much the British enjoy gardening. For a man to admit that he takes no interest in gardening is like confessing that he beats his wife. 長文申し訳ありません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.4

#2.です。訂正です。 わざわざ<構造>まで、分解して、誤訳していたのでは、お恥ずかしい次第です。 2. の第2文 He---S now supports---V himself and his wife---O doing occasional translation jobs for less money than his old salary.---M です。 彼は、現在、以前の給料より少ないお金で時折の翻訳の仕事をしながら、自分自身と妻の生活を支えています。 と訳すべきでした。 質問者さんには、お詫びを、SPS700さんには、追加の「正しい訳」を回答していただいたお礼を、申し上げます。どうも失礼しました。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

1。 幸福とは、普通には無く、探しても見つからない、いくら努力して探しても無駄で、稀な、大きくて美しい宝石ではない、むしろひとところに纏まり集められて人の目を楽しませ気品のある全体をなす小さな普通の宝石のような物だ。 2。私の知っている大学教授は、庭の手入れをする時間が取れないと職を去った。今では以前の給料より少ない金で時々翻訳をし、自分と妻の生計に当てている。その代わり庭の手入れに要る時間は十分にある。イギリス人が如何にガーデニングを楽しむかは驚くばかりだ。ガーデニングに全く興味がない、と言うのは妻を殴ると告白するようなものだ。

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

1. 幸福は、大きくて美しい宝石で、みんながそれを探し求めても無駄になるほどめったになく珍しい物で、それを獲得しようとするあらゆる努力が望みのない様なものではなくて;それ(幸福)は、もっと小さくてもっとありふれた宝石から出来ていて、集められて、一緒に配置されると、心地よい優美な全体を形づくるのです。 2. 私が知っているある大学教授は彼の仕事をやめました、なぜならば、仕事のせいで、庭仕事があまりも出来なかったからです。 彼は、現在、自分の生活費は稼いで、彼の妻が彼の以前の給料より少ないお金で時折の翻訳の仕事をしています。 しかし、彼には、庭造りのために必要とするすべての時間があります。 英国人がどんなに庭造りを楽しむかについては、全く驚くほどです。 と言うのは、庭造りに関心が全くないと認める男性は、彼が妻を叩くことを白状するようなものなのです。 <構造> 1. Happiness---S is not like---V (not A but B:A ではなくてB) a large and beautiful gem,---C so uncommon and rare that all search for it is vain,---Cの説明 all efforts to obtain it hopeless;---Cの説明 but---(not A but B) it---S (= happiness) consists of---V(~から成る) smaller and commoner gems,---ofの目的 grouped and set together, ---= if it is grouped ... forming a pleasing and graceful whole.---= it forms ... 2. A university professor [whom] I know---S gave up---V his job---O because---conj.【接続詞】 it---s (= his job) was keeping---v him---o away from his garden too much.---m He---S now supports---V himself---O and---conj. his wife---m (s) doing occasional translation jobs---m (v+o) for less money---m than his old salary.---m However, ---adv. he ---S has ---V all the time [that] he needs for gardening.---O (O+M) It---形式S(→just how much ...) is---V quite amazing---C just how much the British enjoy gardening.---真S For---conj. a man to admit that he takes no interest in gardening---S is ---V like confessing that he beats his wife.---M

• jess8255
  • ベストアンサー率45% (1084/2359)
回答No.1

丸投げするよりは、あなたの訳文をまず投稿してください。回答者は添削を含めて助言をしてくれるでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He has always had an interest in music, and may enjoy Mozart or Beethoven, Haydn. He likes travel and new places Like to make notes or carry a pencil and note book for when he is inspired.. Though he has a deep love or nostalgia for his homeland and the things about it the traditions and flavor that make it uniquely his homeland. Rather conservative in that sense. A little patriotic. But loves travel and adventure. He is also interested in Africa, in wild animals, lions, elephants, or game reserves. African life. and similar wild open places. May like films or books set in Africa. Or wild like photography. He may like painting, or used to paint at one time. He likes masculine hobbies, that have a hint of adventure and excitement and the wild outdoors about them. Though he is not much into team sports. May like fighting sports though.

• 和訳

これの和訳お願いしますO(><;)(;><)O ↓ ↓ A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom,knowing his father could well afford it. As graduation day approached the young man waited for signs that his father had bought the car. Finally,on the morning of his graduation,his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son,and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautifully wrapped gift box. Curious,but somewhat disappointed,the young man opened the box and found a lovely,leather-bound Bible,with theyouog man'sname embossed in gold. Angry,he raised his voice to his father and said,“With all your money,you give me a Bible?” and stormed out of house,leaving the Bible.

• 和訳をお願いします

以下の英文を和訳していただける方に。 お願いできますでしょうか。 自動でやってみましたが、とても難解でした・・・。 どうかよろしくお願いします。 Sagittarius in the third house suggests he is a man of some advanced learning, a highly educated man. He is well traveled. I cannot tell if he went to university, but if so he would have enjoyed his student years.. He would have looked prosperous, and fit, He was tall and well proportioned by his student years, athletic. His nose and face looked longer, then somehow, He was more happy go lucky. Liked outdoor life. Done well educationally. Gained lofty ideas. At some point in his life he will have been initiated into a religion. spiritual or political faith, of a conventional sort, mature for his age. Once your married you will aim at living in a good area. You and he will a wedding ceremony that incorporates customs or rituals to do with this faith and some guests who are followers of it. Afterwards he will keep the faith He has thick socks like a sportsman, or footballer. His shoes make a clomping and clipping sound like that of a distant horse, lifts the knees high. Places far away from him draw him like a magnet, and during times spent far apart it is mostly because of his leisure time travels, but sport and occasional education or a work related coarse may also cause him to make a long journey

• 和訳をお願いします!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 宜しくお願いします!

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 On the day you meet he will impress you, and in the days and hours afterwards he will haunt you. That is the only word for it. He will make an impact on the depth of your being that barely registers, except that in the time that follows you will not be able to think of any man but him.. He will seem striking, alluring in some way that you cannot fathom, and which has nothing to do with his looks, as though a chord is struck in your deeper soul, or the innermost chambers of your being. You will recognize him, not only from the description, which is in a sense quite bland, but something inside of you will be mesmerized. All day and days afterwards he will have stamped his indelible impression on your mind and you’ll keep thinking back to him, to the meeting, to the man, to the warm kindling feeling inside of you. Like a curtain of a dream it will drop across you life. It will be that mystical, that beautiful, yet real and solid too.

• 少し長いですが、和訳お願いします。

The wild,lovable Doss is on the ropes, his job at the hospital in jeopardy. It isn't Doug's sexual adventures that have gotten him into trouble(professionally,that is),even if it sometimes puts him in conflict with the policies of the ER and his boss in pediatrics. Despite the emotion and professional toll it takes on his career,Doug must always do right by himself. Facing what seems inevitable, he reluctantly considers giving up the guts and glory of the ER for a cush $90,000-a-year job in private practice. 長くてすみません。 お願いします!

• 和訳お願いします

I have given all these details in order to show what privileges and protection an inventor enjoys when,like Edison,he conducts organized research for a strong company.He has everything at his disposal and can devote himself,without worry, his work.If he is successful,he gets his liberal share and has no expence.Edison had stuck to the stocks received from the Edison companies for his work he would, no doubt,have been the largest sharer in electric lighting interests in the country. But Edison wasn't after money solely.No! He considered it a means of exchange and in that spirit turned it into new activities,new endeavors and new lines of experiment.It was important that he should do so:otherwise history might have had a different course.He didn't wait in leisurely luxury until his electric light shares should grow fat with returns,but from the start took all the money he could raise to his place his great achievements upon a solid commercial foundation under his personal supervision.That was necessary considering the epoch.With him it was push,push,and push again,and with the help of loyal servants the gigantic results of his Menlo Park labors were soon safely set on a manufacturing foundation;in a few years they were fortitled to an impregnable strength.Then the time arrived for others to carry his work of expansion further-this,however,only after a decennium,In 1892 the General Electric Company took up his program of expansion and has been developing it ever since.

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? においについて?みたいな感じです・・。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Every one has a distinctive individual odour, but it is often so subtle that we do not smell it. It is harder still to describe in words. Your soul mate washes frequently, and his odious and fragrance will not be strong, but the subtle nuances of them are a warmth, like cloth. He smells of shampoo, and faintly fragrant and like hair styling products, and there is a subtle undertone of oiliness, cooking oils and toasted and fried things. soap, faintly of burnt things, and tomatoes and cheese or pizza, There is a fragrance of mingled things,. These odours are so faint you hardly smell them, you more feel it, you know when he is there, like the difference between him and an empty space, but the subtle difference in air is uniquely his own. The strongest parts for detecting this smell are the region of his hair and collar.. The cloth and cooking smell is the undertone, the lower note or less pleasant background of his perfume. and the shampoo and hair styling products, stronger like a cloaking smell but they are both so fine and subtle that it is hard to detect these things

• 和訳お願いします。

As their dinner goes on, my father tells of his plans for the future, and mother shows with expressive face how interested she is, and how impressed. My father becomes exultant, lifted up by the waltz that is being played, and his own future begins to intoxicate him. My father tells my mother that he is going to expand his business, for there is a great deal of money to be made. He wants to settle down. After all, he is twenty-nine, he has lived by himself since his thirteenth year, he is making more and more money, and he is envious of his friends when he visits them in the security of their homes, surrounded, it seems, by the calm domestic pleasures, and by delightful children, and then as the waltz reaches the moment when the dancers all swing madly,then, then with awful daring, then he asks my mother to marry him, although awlnvardly enough and puzzled as to how he had arrived at the question, and she, to make the whole business worse, begins to cry, and my father looks nervously about, not knowing at all what to do now, and my mother says, "It's all I've wanted from the first moment I saw you," sobbing, and he fin& all of this very difficult, scarcely to his taste, scarcely as he thought it would be, on his long walks over Brooklyn Bridge in the revery of a fine cigar, and it was then, at that point, that I stood up in the theatre and shouted: "Don't do it! It's not too late to change your minds, both of you. Nothing good will come of it, only remorse, hatred, scandal, and two children whose characters are monstrous." The whole audience turned to look at me, annoyed, the usher came hurrying down the aisle flashing his searchlight, and the old lad next to me tugged me down into my seat, saying: "Be quiet. You'll be put ou4 and you paid thirty-five cents'to come in." And so I shut my eyes becausex could not bear to see what was happening. I sat there quietly.