• ベストアンサー

train reckon?

毎度お世話になっております。 イギリスの国債の話で、5:19前後で、 UK has wacked away from what could be real train reckon Europe next year... と聞こえますが、その後の話からイギリスも安泰ではないという風なことなのでしょうが、何と言っているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 http://www.bloomberg.com/video/83315648/

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

train wreck 「列車事故」です。    イギリスは、来年ヨーロッパ諸国を待ち受けている列車事故から、なんとか今のところは逃れたけれども、、、     見たいに聞こえたんですが

eigoself
質問者

お礼

まことにありがとうございました。 大変助かりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >>UK has wacked away from what could be real train reckon Europe next year..     wacked away は、 walked away で、下記のように「立ち去る」、特に危ないことに巻き込まれる前にそれを事前に察して「立ち去る」、「君子危うきに近寄らず」みたいな時に使います。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/walk+away/UTF-8/     僕のコンピュータでは、うまく聞けませんので聞き間違いかも知れませんが、、、

eigoself
質問者

お礼

重ねて御礼申し上げます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• frosting

次の動画 http://www.bloomberg.com/video/88623852/ 5:40 すぎ、イギリスの経済状況よいという話で because delivery is post in(frosting?), with Europe, when deliver it's good for Europe,it's post in(frosting) と聞こえますが、.post in(frosting?)のところは何と言っているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします

• 訳でわからないところがあるのですが、教えてください

BBCの学習者向けの英語サイト http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/newsenglish/witn/2007/11/071116_eurostar.shtml の4つ目のパラグラフの But much of the excitement here has focused not on the fast links to Europe but on the lovingly refurbished Victorian train-shed - a jewel from the age of steam - now sporting what claims to be the longest champagne bar in Europe, and it sits under what was when built the largest single span roof in the world. で、 1 now sporting what claims to be... 2 what was when built the largest single span roof の部分がわかりません。 1 は「愛情こめて修復されたビクトリア駅(蒸気機関車時代から宝石のように大切にされてきた駅)」に続くものだと思うのですが、sporting もwhat claimsもつながりがどうなっているのかわかりません。 2も文の構造がよくわからないので、訳すことができません。 どうかよろしくお願いいたします。  

• 大谷選手の活躍を見て、改めてロサンゼルスを考える

毎度、お世話になります。 日本のプロ野球には全く興味がありませんが、メジャーで活躍している大谷選手くらいは知っています。 大谷選手とは、全くかけ離れた質問ですが・・・・。 日本語では「ロサンゼルス」と呼んでいますが、現地ではそんな言葉が成立するのでしょうか? (私は、日常会話程度のいんちき英語くらいしかできませんが疑問に思いました) Los-Angelse が外国表記であり、外人と英会話する場合、相手に通じないと困るので「LA(エルエー)、Los(ロス)」の発言でごまかしてきましたが、本当の発音は何なんでしょうか? アジア圏なら、「金」をキン(中国)、キム(朝鮮) 「李」をリ(中国)、イ(朝鮮) と発音が異なると思います。 昔なら「板門店(ハンモンテン)」と発言していたものが現在では「板門店(パンムジョム)」と発言されています。 国際的に共通な言語を使うことで、日本教育が軌道修正されたことまでは知っています。 先日、イギリスから来た人と会話する機会があり、「どこから来たの?」と質問したところ、「UK」と言われました。 (イギリスではなく、UKと言うんだ・・・、と勉強になりました) 話が脱線しましたが、「Los-Angeles」の正式な発音を教えてください。

• 英語日記添削希望

英語日記添削希望 お願いします、日頃から英語で日記をつけている者です 以下日記特に見られても構わない内容なので添削いただけると助かります NOTE: U 2歳の息子 T 4ヶ月の息子 Y 嫁さん AVE スペインの新幹線の名前 T’s nose has been stuffed up for a couple of days. He seems like hard to breathe and I noticed some big snot, so I took it out with a ear stick. He seems to caught a cold and must have been infected by U because U has been running nose for a week. U put together a train puzzle. Without our helping, he could put together almost of the puzzle. He must be smart. I gave him the train pictorial book which is introduced so many Japanese bullet train and overseas one as well. Y has him memorize overseas bullet train, so when I ask “Where is Ave?” he can point the train and crow like a rooster. When we were going to bed, U bit me again and again; roughly I was bitten six times by him. It was so hurt to death!! Even though Y scolded him, he didn’t stop at all. I was soo scared.

• TRAIN TRAIN走ってゆく~

“TRAIN TRAIN走ってゆく TRAIN TRAINどこまでも~”っていうサビのよく売れた曲ありますよね??あれは誰の歌ですか?私は昨日、てっきりそれがブルーハーツの「TRAIN」なのだと思ってCDを借りてきたらまったく別物でした。(爆) どなたか知っていましたら教えてください。

• 語彙問題について質問させてください。

問題をやっていて迷う所があるので質問させてください。 [1]You might as well relax.It is a ( ) five hours until the next train. 1.sufficient 2.enough 3.good 4.great enoughだろうと思ったのですが、「たっぷり5時間もある」というニュアンスでgoodなんかもいけるのかなぁと迷っています。 [2]I could go alone, but I would prefer to ( ) come with me. 1.have Bob 2.have Bob to 3.get Bob 4.get to Bob これは使役の問題として考えたら良いのか、「ボブも連れて行く」というニュアンスでhaveやgetが使われる場合の問題として考えたら良いのか・・・ [3]I hope this weather will ( ) good. 1.preserve 2.maintain 3.stay 4.do 天気という無生物主語の時も意味だけで考えればよいのでしょうか? [4]If the holiday ( ) on a Saturday,we usually get the next Monday off. 1.falls 2.goes 3.turns 4.sets 祝日も「設置されている」と考えて4で良いですか? [5]My brother`s team has won this race for the last three years ( ). 1.succeeding 2.running 3.consecutive 4.continuing 4だと思っているのですが、はっきりした根拠が無いです・・・ よろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

My 16-year-old daughter has a friend who was diagnosed with an eating disorder just over a year ago. Nancy spent several months in the hospital and more time out of town for treatment. She isn’t any better. She’s still stick thin, she’s throwing away food at school, and when she recently ended up in the ER, she signed herself out again without being treated. My daughter was so concerned I contacted the school guidance counselor to see if they could help. The counselor told me Nancy has to want to get better, and she doesn’t. Nancy’s parents say there’s nothing that they can do, either. Nancy is very, very smart, and she knows how to work the medical system. signed herself outとwork the medical systemはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、has to want to get betterは「良くなりたいに違いない」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文を訳してください

ごちゃごちゃになってしまって 意味がつかみとれなくてこまっています。 英語が得意な方おねがいします。 Japan has no intention of utilizing endangered and highly depleted species. We only would like to utilize abundant species such as minke whales in a sustainable manner. Even the IWC’s Scientific Committee has calculated that at least 2000 minke whales could br harvested frpm the Antarctic each year for the next 100 years with no risk to the population. The consumption of whale meat is not an outdated cultural practice and that eating beef is not the world standard. Beef consumption is only the standard for some parts of Europe and Americas, clearly, the acceptance of other clutures’ dietary practices and the promotion of cultural diversity is as important as saving endangered species and the promotion of biological diversity. If the consumption of whale meat does not endanger whale species, those who find the practice unacceptable for themselves should not try to impose their view on others.

• shattered his leg

I saw my boss kissing a man who is not her husband in an alley on my way home from work and saw the two of them going into a hotel the next week. She has a young kid and is married to a great guy. We live a couple of blocks away from them, and her husband and kid often bring us cookies they’ve made or invite us over for barbecues. When one of my own kids shattered his leg and I was away, my boss’s husband drove him to the hospital and waited by his bed for six hours until I could get there. shattered his legはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• compound

I am a published author and have been struggling to write my next book. I've written a handful of adult-oriented fictional books. My most recent published book came out almost five years ago. I've tried several times to start the next book, but I haven't been able to get any thoughts together or gather any momentum in the writing process. I never previously experienced any writer's block, so this five-year period is challenging. My frustration has also compounded during this period, and I've walked away several times for extended periods of time. ここでのcompoundedはhttps://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=compoundの【1他動】3の「~の度合いを増す」でしょうか?ここでは自動詞ですが。。よろしくお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • マッチングアプリで知り合った彼氏がいる女性が、彼氏の外見と清潔感で悩んでいる。
  • 彼氏は性格が良く、優しくて大切にしてくれるが、女性は何かしてあげたいと思えない。
  • 彼氏は女性に気に入ってもらうために改善しようとしているが、女性はまだ悩む。
回答を見る