• ベストアンサー

英語を日本語にしてください

Even if the sun were to rise in the west, Tom would not change his mind. これをきれいな日本語にしてもらえませんか?; ここでのevenの意味がどういうものなのかよく分かりません; 回答お願いします

• easye
  • お礼率46% (7/15)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • lsKnS18
  • ベストアンサー率79% (424/533)
回答No.1

たとえ太陽が西から昇っても、トムの決心は変わらないだろう。 >ここでのevenの意味 「even if」というイディオムと捉えるべきでしょう。「たとえ~であっても」という意味です。 文章そのものは仮定法過去の用法でしょうね。

easye
質問者

お礼

こんな時間に回答有難うございました! even はその意味でしたか、助かりました

関連するQ&A

• 仮定法のあれこれ

仮定法で、未来のことに対する仮定の文で もし万一地震があったら、東京は大きな被害を受けるだろう。 Tokyo will suffer serious damage if there should be a big earthquake. If S should do~という構文 たとえ太陽が西から上がっても、彼は意見の変えないでしょう。 Even if the sun were to rise in the west.he would not change his mind. If S were to do~という構文 2つの構文の違いがよく分かりません。両方同じ未来のことに対する仮定ですし。 後者の文のwere to riseをshould rise、wouldをwillに変えてはいけないのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 仮定法未来のwould+動詞の原型は現在と間逆?

If Worldnwar III were to happen tomorrow, mankind would be ruined. 〔もし第三次世界大戦が起これば、人類は滅亡するだろう〕 このmankind would be ruinedは 実際には今現在人類は滅亡していないのに 未来に人類が滅亡するという、間逆のことを言っているので仮定法ということはわかるのですが 問題なのは↓の例文です Even if the sun were to rise in the west.he would not change his mind. たとえ太陽が西から上がっても、彼は意見を変えないでしょう he would not change his mind. 彼は意見を変えないだろう 仮定法=間逆、ありえないことなので 彼は意見を変えないだろうの間逆ということで 彼は意見を変える?? 日本語の問題なのか、自分が仮定法について間違った解釈をしているのか分かりませんが 彼は意見を変えないだろうの間逆の今現在の心境についてわかりません

• この英文の意味はどちらですか?

問題集の模範解答に,以下のような説明がありました If the sun were to rise in the west, I would keep my word. (1)「かりに太陽が西から昇ったとしても,私は約束を守るのだろう.」 僕は,この英文を読んだときに, (2)「(起こるはずが無いが,)万が一太陽が西から昇ったなら,約束を守ってやろう.」 →(3)「約束を守る気は無い.」 という風に意味をとっていました. 英文が Even if the sun were to rise in the west, I would keep my word. なら,模範解答の和訳(1)になる気がします. 元の英文はどのようなことを表そうとしていたのでしょうか?

• If the sun rose in the west, I wouldn't change my mind. ---(1)と書いてもいいのか

仮定法の文でIf the sun were to rise in the west, I wouldn't change my mind. というのがあります。この文を If the sun rose in the west, I wouldn't change my mind. ---(1)と書いてもいいのかという質問を生徒から受けました。自分にはわからないから調べておくと言ったまま、1ヶ月が過ぎ、ついに春休みになってしまいました。どなたか教えて頂けるとありがたいです。  ちなみに、グーグルでIf the sun rose in the west every morning, I would get younger day by day. というのがありました。この文が正しいのは納得できます。仮定的な状況を設定して、そうした状況にどういうことが起きるかということを言おうとしているわけですから、問題はないと思います。  又、こう言うのもありました。What if the sun rose in the west? この文も上の文と同様に問題はないと思います。 ところが、(1)の文では太陽が西から上ることは最初からあり得ないこととして、いわば、議論のための飾りのようなものとして使われています。それでも(1)の文は正しいのでしょうか。

• この仮定法の意味はあっていますか?

仮定法の例文として, (1)If the sun were to rise in the west,I would never go there. 「万が一太陽が西から昇っても,私はそこへ行きません.」 とありました. この種類の仮定法は,起こりそうもないことを,強調して仮定していると思うのです. 他の例文:(2)If he should fail,he would try again. [万が一彼が失敗したら,彼はまたやるでしょう.」とあります. 「もし~でも」と言う表現は[even if/though]とありました. では(1)の例文はEven if the sun~.と続くのではないでしょうか? この種類の仮定法にはeven ifの意味もあるのですか?

• 日本語訳をお願いします

His opinion is completely different from mine. How could I possibly agree with him. A careful reading of his book will show you the working of his mind.=You can see how his mind works if you read his book carefully. Were it not for the 250 guards on patrol to protect the elephants in park, none of them would survive for long.=The elephant in the park survive due to the 250 guards on patrol to protect them. 上記の内容をどなたか日本語訳にしていただけないでしょうか、よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語に翻訳お願いします

In general, wine is made from grapes. Pass me the salt,please. He will be an Edison. I don't mind eating fast food three times a day. A human being is the only animal that is gifted with speech. He said that necessity is the mother of invention. This is the house where Shakespeare was born. Even if the sun were to rise in the west, I would never change my mind. The rescue worker grabbed the man by the hand. The knowledge of first aid is of great use. He was at a loss as to what to do. Mother went to see the school festival by train.

• 英語→日本語 お願いします

日本語訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m Of all the small devices in our digital stock, cell phones above all have undermined a sense of community. Only a few years ago, if you approach ed someone using a cell phone in publice, that user would quickly end the call and apologize to the person in his or her interpersonal space. That etiquette soon changed. If interrupts , the cell phone user would apologize to the person on the other end.More recently even that etiquette has changed ー so much so that interpersonal interaction has been lost in the process. A cell phone user now typically ignores any person within earshot. I call this "the 'it' factor". Users turn everyone in their presence into mere objects, an "it" , as if that person did not exist.

• 適当な冠詞をお願いします。不要ならば×

In general,()wine is made from grapes Pass me ()salt,please. He will be ()Edison. I don't mind eating fast food three times ()day A fuman being is()only animal that is gifted with speech He said that()necessity is()mother of invention This is ()house whre Shakespeare was born Even if ()sun were to rise in()west, I would never change my mind The rescue worker grabbed the man by()hand The knowledge of first aid is of ()great use. He was at ()loss as to what to do. Mother went to see the school festival by () train

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

・To forbid by law or rule. ・A rule made by an authority. ・Too poor to produce any vegetation. ・The writer took part in the English summer course as one of the students. ・The students would not have got back the cost of the excursion if it had been cancelled. ・The Italians were sure it would clear up the next morning. ・As everyone agreed to go on the excursion, it was not cancelled. ・Cultural diversity occurs even though different cultures have basic concepts in common.