脳科学が教える行動と社会問題の解決法

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 最近の脳科学の成果から、脳の謎が解き明かされ、私たちは様々な行動や社会問題の解決策を見つける手助けを受けています。
  • 繰り返しの単調な作業を行うと、脳が鈍くなりミスをしやすくなることが判明しています。ノルウェーの脳画像研究では、単調な作業をしている間に、休息や睡眠中によく活動する脳の部分に血液が流れることがわかりました。また、研究者たちはミスをする直前にこれが起こることを発見しました。
  • テキサス州のベイラー大学で行われたMRI技術を用いた脳スキャンの研究では、赤ちゃんの笑顔が母親の脳の感情報酬と幸福と関連する部分を活性化させることがわかりました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。

As scientists slowly but surely unlock the mysteries of the brain, they are helping us find solutions for many of our most serious behavioral and social problems. Here are a few recent examples of neuroscience in action. It happens to all of us. As we perform a monotonous task, our brains seem to slow down and we become increasingly prone to making mistakes. Well, it turns out that such tasks actually do numb the brain and make it easier for us to slip up. A recent Norwegian brain-imaging study has found that while we are doing dull, repetitive chores, blood flows into the part of the brain that is more active during states of rest, including sleep. The researchers also found that this usually happens about 30 seconds before we make a mistake. This raises the possibility that workers could somehow be alerted before they make a mistake, thereby improving workplace performance and safety. Another interesting brain-scan study using MRI technology was conducted at Baylor University in Texas. The results show that a baby`s smile actually activates the part of a mother`s brain associated with emotional reward and well-being.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

科学者が、ゆっくりと、しかし、確実に脳の不思議を解き明かすにつれて、彼らは、我々が自分の最も深刻な行動上の、そして、社会的な問題の多くの解決策を見つける手助けとなっています。 ここに活動中の神経科学の最近の2、3の例があります。 それは、我々全員に起こります。 我々が単調な仕事を行う時、我々の頭は働きが遅くなるようです、そして、我々はますます間違いをしがちになります。 さて、そのような仕事が実際に脳を麻痺させて、我々が失敗することをより容易にすることが、わかります。 我々が退屈で、反復的なつまらない仕事をしている時、睡眠を含む休息状態の間、もっと活発である脳の部分に、血液が流れ込むことが、最近のノルウェーの脳画像研究で、明らかになりました。 研究者は、また、これが通常、我々が間違いをする約30秒前に起こる事に気付きました。 作業をする人が間違いをする前に、彼らがどうにか、注意を受けられる可能性を高めて、それによって職場のパフォーマンスや安全性を改善することになります。 MRI技術を使ったもう一つの面白い脳スキャン研究が、テキサス州のベイラー大学で行われました。 その結果は、赤ちゃんの微笑が、母親の脳の感情的報酬と幸福に関連した部分を実際に活発にすることを、示しています。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳を教えてください

たびたび質問させていただきます。 下記の文章の和訳についてアドバイスをお願いします。(2つあります) (1)We need to make the effort to show that through visible symbols that we identify with that which we see around us; that we recognize ourselves in the images of our countries; and that we are involved, not merely spectators watching apprehensively from the sidelines. around us; 以下は、前の文章の言い換えと考えてよいのでしょうか? その場合、; and that we recognize~ と ; and that we are involved~ の二つに分かれていると考えてよいでしょうか? (2) The system is great, the technology work(s), but it... it is the results that count, therefore the content. この文の言いたい事は、「このシステムの技術はすばらしいが、大切な事は技術の素晴らしさより、このシステムがもたらした結果の内容である」ということでしょうか? この文章単独ではわかり辛いかと思いますが。よろしくお願いします。 長くなりましたが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳お願いします

訳お願いします This prospect horrifies some and exhilarates others. Yet the question of whether or not we should make improvements to human beings and possibly to human nature is the most vital, urgent and portentous of all the questions facing us. Now is the time to try to answer this question, because many recent discoveries are beginning to make the prospect of radical human enhancement a reality. Stem cell research, which may lead to human tissue repairing itself; new genes resistant to cancer and HIV; new drugs that improve concentration and memory or enable us to function for much longer periods without sleep; braincomputer interfaces that may harness the power and memory of computers, perhaps by the insertion of tiny “nanobots” into the human brain; and techniques that will radically extend life expectancy from tens to hundreds of years---these are all on today's scientific agenda and some are already in use. Some of these possibilities are so radical that the creatures benefiting from them would no longer be “human”, in the way we think of it. The end of humanity then is not in itself a concern; making sure that those who replace us are better than we are is a huge and timely concern. One of the most dramatic and important of the new technologies that will produce new creatures is synthetic biology. When people talk about synthetic biology and syntheic life, they may have in mind Frankenstein scientists in the lab, or perhaps some bubbling vat of biochemical “primeval soup” out of which will arise either a monster or a perfect specimen of humanity. よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 Scientists and statisticians reject this sort of selective use of numbers, and when they calculate the long-term temperature trends for the earth, they conclude that it continues to warm through time. Despite the recent lull, it is an open question whether the pace of that warming has undergone any lasting shift. What to make of it all? We certainly cannot conclude, as some people want to, that carbon dioxide is not actually a greenhouse gas. More than a century of research thoroughly disproves that claim.

• 和訳をお願いします。長いです‥

和訳をお願いします。長いです‥ When we met it was so nice, but it's not the time we spend together that was like a dream ... it's you ... you are a dream ... and when I think of you or when I look at your picture ... it gives me a happy feeling, but also such an empty feeling, because we're so far apart and I don't know when we can meet again. If it's possible for us to meet again I will make it happen ... it doesn't matter if I need to travel to Japan ... go to the US ... I'll even fly to the moon just to meet you ... But if we can choose ... maybe we should choose a place that not so warm as Osaka in summer :) On my flight back I indeed got a very nice view of Fuji-san ... I'm sorry that the photo doesn't show how nice it really was. Did you go half way? It must really be nice! Actually do you want to go all the way to the top? Yes let's do that ... you and I, together we can walk all the way to top of mount Fuji and enjoy the view ... But we have to wait till July or August next year ... Do you know I followed a mountain climbing course and I climbed some summits in the Alps (Austria, close to the Italian border). And I also climbed Mount Meru (4566 meters) in Tanzania ... that's the mountain next to the Kilimanjaro (the highest mountain of Africa). So I was on the top of Mount Meru during sunrise. Only Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru were above the clouds and then ... the sun was rising from behind the Kilimanjaro ... soooo nice ... I got tears in my eyes. ... next time we meet or the time after that or after that ... I'll try to make it special for you ... so that you can say it was like a dream ... just like you are special for me and I can say you are like a dream for me ...

• 英語の和訳

1Christians believed in one God, a God whose laws were to be obeyed by the sun and stars as well as by men. 2There are a lot of Japanese who do not feel comfortable about taking time off while their fellow workers have to continue working. 3“To make the difference” is an expression that always has a positive meaning in English. If a man tells his wife, for example, that marrying her has made all the difference, he's saying that he's very happy he married her. 例えば…の例が分かりませんでした。 4In our dreams we all aspire to be, do and have great things. Yet most of us simply aren't creating the results we want. What we need to understand is that greatness exists in all of us, but it is up to us to put it out of ourselves. It is true that we all have genius. We just need to learn how to apply our genius. 1行目とWhat~が良く分かりません。

• 英文の和訳をおねがいします。

It is salutary to realize the fundamental isolation of the individual mind. We have no certain knowledge of any consciousness but our own. We can only know the world through our own personality. Because the behaviour of others is similar to our own, we suppose that they are like us; it is a shock to discover that they are not. As i grow older I am more and more amazed to discover how great are the differences between one man and another. I am not far from believing that everyone is unique.

• 和訳お願いします!!!

Too many of us take as facts what are actually just the opinions of the news writers. We should remember,too,that the facts themselves can be so chosen and arranged as to suit the opinions of the writer who wants others to think as he does. This of course may be done unintentionally,as well as deliberately. Recent dream research has shown that a person deprived of dreaming,even though not deprived of sleep,is nevertheless impaired in his ability to manage reality. He becomes emotionally disturbed because of being unable to work out in dreams the unconscious problems that confuse him.

• 和訳をお願いします。

Recently, scientists have discovered several key genes connected to aging. The discovery suggests that people are built to get older, and weaker, and then to die. This seems rather strange and would appear to go against the theory of evolution. After all, if evolution is so efficient, why don't genes want us to have longer and longer lives? The simple fact is this: the genes that really matter are the ones that favor survival in early life. Once the organism has lived long enough to reproduce, it has served its purpose as far as evolution is concerned. Indeed the human life span has increased over the last hundred years or so, but this increase has nothing to do with our genes, rather with improvements in our lifestyle such as better diets and better health care.  So, from the genes' point fo view, it is vital that we live long enough to reproduce. What happens to us after that is of little concern to them. Thus, genes that make us strong and healthy during our reproductive years are always more valuable, more beneficial than those that may help us live longer.

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Japanese word "michikusa" has a nice ring. Since it is derived from horses occasionally stopping to eat roadside grass as they are driven to a destination, it sounds leisurely and pastoral.  It is a common experience that when we look up a word in a dictionary, we get interested in the words listed around the one we look for or search for related words by association, spending an unexpectedly long time over the "michikusa."  Is the time thus spent a waste of time? I believe it is not. It may seem a waste of time if we look at it in terms of the target or task we set out to achieve. But if we look at it in another way, it can also be viewed as providing an opportunity for us to have various new encounters.  Suppose we see someone and talk with the person or attend a meeting. It sometimes happens at such a time that we run into a situation different from what we have excited, with unexpected topics coming up or meeting someone we have never dreamed of seeing.  To have the fortune of coming across a valuable object other than what we look for, we need to cultivate a mind-set that enables us to consider a waste of time affordable and a certain understanding for such an object. In the first place, we need "michimusa" to develop an eye for value. Can today's children afford to have enough "michikusa" for their growth? 長いですが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳お願いしますm(_ _)m

suggestible=被暗示性、という心理学用語ですm(_ _)m We are suggestible,ready to take ideas from others and make them our own. Suggestbility descnbes why people believe something that never happened. They become convinced because they are told about an event. They see it in movies,and they hear about it. So they combine theae thoughts into false memories―――but not real ones. Psychologists believe that many childhood memories are created by parents for their children. They tell the child that something happened: "Remember when we went to the seaehore?' And the child collects beach and vacation ideas into a memory. Propaganda is delibetately telling people ideas that you went them to believe. Advertising is another form of suggesting to people,and people of all ages tend to believe advertising. All of us are suggestible; children are particularly so.