The Who and the Why of Walking in Japan

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the reasons behind foreigners' love for walking in Japan
  • Explore the personal motivations for exploring Japan on foot
  • Uncover the hidden stories and individuals that make walking in Japan unique
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

the who and the why

Japantimesからの日本を徒歩で旅する外国人の記事の引用です。 But I wanted to go there personally to see the who and the why of my walking. Of course, I knew it. 最後が「もちろん知っていたよ。」で終わっているので、前文のto seeは不定詞の目的で「知るために個人的にそこに行きたかった」と訳すのが妥当かと思っています。 そうするとその後のthe who and the why of my walkkinngがうまく訳すことができません。 to see は不定詞の結果なのですか? 後半がうまく訳せないのでお手上げです。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#145074
noname#145074
回答No.1

よく似た例文があります。 the who=(関わってくるまたは言及されている)人(たち): I will ask him the who and the why of it. 彼にその件の関係者と理由を尋ねてみよう. But I wanted to go there personally to see the who and the why of my walking. Of course, I knew it. 「しかし私は、私の徒歩旅行に関わってくる人々と私の徒歩旅行の理由を(実地に)見る(調べる)ために個人的にそこへ行きたかったのだ。もちろん私にはそのことは分かっていた。」 ** the who of=the people envolved in ** the why of=the reason for

関連するQ&A

• Whyの疑問文の答え方

Whyの疑問文の答え方はBecauseかTo不定詞、というのは知っていますが、 例えば、「ケーキを作るためです」を 「To make cakes.」ではなく「For making cakes.」というと なぜ悪いんですかともし訊かれたら、よく分かりません。 教えてください。

• song and dance

I recently had my first baby. It is a magical time for me and my husband. My parents, who live relatively close by, were elated by my son’s arrival and are very doting grandparents. My mother and I have had a very rocky history, and I was hopeful that my son could have a relationship with his grandmother, separate from my own issues with her. As she is with everything in my life, my mother is extremely overbearing. She never gives me a compliment and constantly questions and criticizes every decision I make. She is very concerned about appearances, and tries to constantly push her wishes for how to dress and feed my child, etc., on me. I accept and welcome suggestions—but my mother will force her will. She nags, belittles, and insults my decisions until I replace them with her own. She constantly interferes in our decisions. Ignoring her is impossible, as she will nag until you agree to adopt her decision. My father tells me that she is my mother, and although she is very difficult, she will not change, so I must. This has been the song and dance of my whole life. I am tired of having to be the one to roll over just because she won’t change or accept my decisions. ここでのthe song and danceとroll overはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• "why I can't say"

太宰治の「ヴィヨンの妻」の中の英訳で While I stared at the title "Francois Villon" and at my husband's name, painful tears sprang from my eyes, 【why I can't say】, and the poster clouded over so I couldn't see it. という個所があるのですが、 【】のwhy I can't sayは原文の「なぜだかわかりませぬけれども」を 翻訳しています。 直訳だと「なぜ私は言うことができない」なのでしょうか? whyは関係副詞のような気もするのですが、よくわかりません。

• 英文法 ON について

私は日本人に英語を教えているアメリカ人です。今日は英文法を日本語で説明できる人に 助けてほしいです。 生徒は英語の説明はわかりませんでした。 I am American lady who is teaching Japanese people English. Today I need your help who can explain english grammar in JAPANESE. One of my student wrote " Now I look back to my old day ......" on engish test. So I revised them " Now I look back ON my old DAYS " . And she needs decent explanation of 前置詞(ON) .. And she needs decent explanation of 前置詞(ON) ..So does anyone can explain in Japanese why " ON " is correct here ? わたしの生徒は look back to とテストで書いた。 これは間違えていて look back ON が正しいと私は言いました。 なぜ ON が正しいのか日本語でこの文法を説明できる人がいたらお願いします。 私は出来ません。。。 よろしくお願いします!

• that's why I did.

英作文チェックお願いします。 口語の場合のアドバイスありましたらあわせてお願いします。 社会に出て、再度勉強の大切さが身にしみて分かりました。 そこで海外にも目を向け語学についても学びたいと思い 語学留学をしました。 →The importance of study sank into my heart again by work. then I put my mind to overseas,and made up my mind to learn languages. That's why I had tried to stady abroad.

• [and also to 不定詞...」

ある文章のでalsoのあとにto不定詞がいきなり来ていたのですが、これはどのような用法で、どのように解釈すれば良いでしょうか? 以下のような形になっていました。 ..., and also to ask about her. When is she ...? 感じ的にはまた彼女についてお尋ねですが、いつ彼女は。。。のような感じになっていました。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• Because of who you are の歌詞の意味

ゴスペルを習ってるのですがBecause of who you are の歌詞の意味がわかりません。 翻訳ソフトにかけると意味のわからない日本語になってしまって困ってます。 (ヘブライ語も混じってるようです) どなたか日本語と英語に精通されたかた助けていただけないでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 Because of who you are Because of who you are, I give you glory Because of who you are, I give you praise Because of who you are, I will lift my voice and say Lord, I worship you, because of who you are Jehovah, Jara, my provider Jehovah Nesa, Lord, you reign in victory Jehovah Shalom, my prince of peace And I worship you because of who you are

• andの用法について質問(toeic問題集)

以下はスキーシーズンに際してのウインタースポーツの装具を宣伝するお店の文です。 Come and shop before the winds and snows of winter hit. (冬の風と雪が吹き付ける前に当店にお越しください) 質問1:Come and shopのandについて、以下の辞書に掲載されている用法と合致すると考えてよろしいでしょうか? come(自):〔+to do〕〈…しに〉来る 《★【用法】 現在時制の場合 to なし原形がくることがある; また come and do にもなる》. and(接):(▼go, come, send, try, mind, write, be sureなどのあとに動詞を接続し, あとの動詞は目的を表す不定詞の働きをする. 命令形に多い。 come,go のあとの and を略すこともある) Come (and) see me tomorrow. 明日やってきたまえ 《★Come to see…. と書き換え可能》. andは、weblioの"研究社"とgooの英和辞書参考 質問2:質問1から、つまりandの後の動詞は「目的を表す不定詞(英文法では『不定詞の副詞的用法』の目的の働き)」になり、 come and shop→come to shopとも書き換えられる。 故に、「買い物をするために当店へお越しください」→「当店へお越しください」と意訳される。 こういうことでしょうか?

• why not...

初歩的な質問なのですが、 why not~ に対する返事はどうしたらいいのですか?? たとえば、 why not come and see me next week? といわれた場合、 行きたい時と、行きたくない時の返事はどういう風なのでしょうか?? 普通に行きたい時は yes,I do 見たいな感じでいいのですか?

• 前置詞

前置詞が必要な場合は( )に適当な前置詞を、不要な場合は×を入れなさい。 (1)Let's discuss ( ) the problem after scohhol. (2)Half of the staff opposed ( ) my plan. (3)What kind of man did she marry ( )? (4)Please enter ( ) the house at the front door. (5)Why did you agree ( ) him? (6)I have to apologize to you ( ) my mistake. (7)She complained ( ) the high rent.