• 締切済み
  • すぐに回答を!

この英文が何を示しているのか教えてください!

こんにちは。 今、英語の長文を読んでてわからないことがあったので質問させていただきます。 この文章は擬人化されたモノが自分について説明しているという文章なのですが、そのモノが何なのかが全く分かりません。 Looks like the weather’s warmed up, and you know what that means; I’m finally going to get outside again. I’m an outdoorsman at heart, and there’s nothing I like better than getting into the wilderness. It’s a shame I only get to do it a few times a year. Ah, it’s going to feel good to stretch myself out. I’ve been cooped up indoors all winter, and when you’re bound up as tight as I am, and stuck in a closet, well . . . I’d call it cabin fever, but that drawstring bag is a lot smaller than a cabin! I suspect I’ve got plenty of new wrinkles this year. Guess I’m getting older. Well, never mind. At least I’m thin and light. My grandfather and his generation were all a bit on the heavy side, if you know what I mean. Although I have to admit, they were made of sturdier stuff than I am. They all thought we were sissies when we started using nylon! But those were different days. Some of the young bucks today are pretty crazy, though. They’ll spend the night anywhere — from frozen mountainsides to outdoor music festivals. But life’s easy for them. They’ve got no strings, and they’re strong and flexible. But me? I’m a bit old-fashioned. The young guys might even call me a little square. Well, they think they have me pegged, but we’re not so different. We all love feeling the rain and wind at night. I mean, starry skies are just fine, but when the weather’s bad and you stand strong against it, that’s what gives you a real sense of purpose, you know? どなたかわかる方がいらっしゃいましたら教えてください!よろしくお願いします。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数69
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• 回答No.1

布でできた、アウトドア用の何かですね。 テントですかね?

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• mottoの和訳をお願いします

小説の中の "We shall dominate the skies and soar above all." という文の和訳がうまくできません。 これは○○財閥のmottoだそうで、設定としては and they were a high-class samurai family for many years in the story, they're now a zaibatsu they descended from samurai not as rich as fujiwara or toyotomi ... but still lots of money very wealthy で、このmottoのイメージとしては it's a fancy word for fly well, it's much more substantial than the word 'fly' it's like, 'you're on top of the world' you're above everything you're free you're superior it's not just flying, it's SOARING だそうです。私が「君臨する」という言葉を使おうとしたら 「そこまで威張っていない、ただselfishなだけだ」とのことでした。 どなたかおわかりになる方、宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語のインタビューの内容を教えてください

妊婦さんが旦那さんと一緒に初めてお腹の中の赤ちゃんの様子を見たときの印象です。But以下の訳を御指導いただけないでしょうか。特に「we were a part of it」のニュアンスがわかりません。「  」内はその前の文なので参考にしてください。 「I mean, you're looking at something that's black, white and various shades of grey, and it's not the easiest thing to make out. And I'm not even sure that, you know, we were looking, I was probably looking at an eye when I was supposed to be looking at a nose, things like that.」 But just the feeling that we weren't just happening to be there. You know, that we were actually, she made us feel like we were a part of it and that we had some sort of say, and that we had brains. I mean, it was nice to feel like you were a part of the process.

• 短い英文です。翻訳お願いいたします。

you know you're attached to someone when you've gotten so used to talking to them on a daily basis and they've become a part of your happiness. but when you guys don't talk it's like a part of you is gone and you just started to miss them uncontrollably. 様々な訳し方があるように思いますので、いろんな方の解釈をお聞きしたいです。 よろしくお願いします!

• 英文を訳して下さい。

かなり長いですが、訳して下さい。Twelve Angry Menからの抜粋です。 Now let me lay this out for you ignorant—bastards. You at the window, you’re so god-damned smart. We’re facing a danger here. Don’t you know it? These people are multiplying. That kid on trial, his type, they’re multiplying five times as fast as we are. That’s the statistic. Five times. And they are – wild animals. They’re against us, they hate us, and they want to destroy us. That’s right. Don’t look at me like that! There’s a danger. For God’s sake we’re living in a dangerous time, and if we don’t watch it, if we don’t smack them down whenever we can, then they are gonna own us. They’re gonna breed us out of existence.”

• フレーズの意味を教えてください。

(1)You know we all love to just complain But maybe we should try to rearrange *There's always someone who's got it worse than you * Sweetbox の歌詞ですが、以下の内容であってますか? みんな不平を言うのが好きだわ だけど、(そんなやり方を)もっとましなものに変えないといけないようね あなたより、不運な人って必ずいるものよ *~*のgot it worseは上のように訳してみたのですが、合ってますか? (2)We're all so busy trying to get ahead Got a pillow of fears when we go to bed 私たちみんな人を追い越そうと必死よね(忙しく過ごしている) でも眠りにつくときは、(追い越される)恐怖が枕元から離れない。 pillow of fears っていうのは、特別ななんからのidiom なんでしょうか? ヨロシクお教えください。

• わからない英文があります

わからない英文があります 全文(倒産したJが弁護士(友人)のSと相談している場面): J: Won't these costs be covered by chapter eleven? S: Well, filing for bankruptcy isn't going to make this thing go away. The U.S. Attorney's office is involved in this now. They'll push for fraud and unauthorized transactions. J: Yeah, so, they find me. And I go back to work. And I make it all back. S: Four million dollars? Unless you plan on going to the track and getting *really* lucky... J: Look. If you don't want to do this - S: You're going to lose your series seven license.It's really important that you understand the predicament you're in. J: Look. I get it from my wife every day. My daughters won't talk to me. I got my ass kicked in front of everyone at the most elegant event of the year. I get it. Okay, man. I, I, I definitely understand. ↓の文の意味を教えてください! *They'll push for fraud and unauhthorized transactions. *And I make it all back *Unless you plan on going to the track *You're going to lose your series seven license *I got my ass kicked

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

The third things to say is: we need to understand what we now call the core competencies of your organization. What are we really good at? That also requires something you shouldn’t do. You probably, by now, all have beautiful methods of capital allocation. Before you make a decision to invest, you make thirty studies and you may be advance enough to use all four ways we know to analyze a capital investment. When I started business almost 70 years ago, we used these methods which were in every book, but we could not apply them because it would have required hundred of clerks.

• 自分では翻訳できない歌があります

自分では翻訳できない歌があります AUGUSTANAのアルバム『Can't Love, Can't Hurt』の10曲目、 ♪Where Love Went Wrong という曲の意訳が自分ではできなくて困っています。 誰か時間があるときにでも意訳をお願いします。 簡単な直訳でもかまいません。 自分自身で訳してはみたものの、 『on your shoulder』のような文は 決まり文句系だろうなぁとは想像できるのですが、 翻訳しようがない状態なので... どうかよろしくお願いします。 "Where Love Went Wrong" The day is done, and now we're older The feeling's gone, so now you'll show her Where love went wrong, on your shoulder You're all alone, and you can't take it You're just too tired to suffocate it And all along we'll just fake it But I tried I tried, goodbye You try to breathe, you try to save it But it marks your skin, until they break it Well could you call when They're taking all that you left for me

• 英文の添削お願いします!!

文法的におかしなところや、スペース、ここは大文字(小文字)だってところなど、チェックをお願いします!!(ひとかたまりが1文です)間違いなさそうだったら、OKだと入れてくださるのも非常に助かります!! (1)If I could reach the stars,I would take one for you, and it would shine in your heart forever like my love. (2)Do you remember? The way you hold me. You looked into my eyes and said ‘I love you'. You caressed and said nothing. But it meant more than the chance to hold me and kiss my sweet lips. (3)I'll stand by you forever. (4)Love may be sometimes hard to show. But I love you more than you could ever know. (5)My love for you is as endless as the universe. (6)Our friendship,love,and life together begins today. (7)Our new story begins now with all blessings. We roll up one page. (8)Summer,the fresh air,the fregrant breeze and the flowers under our feet. The blanket of stars is above us. We dream in it … (9)We have love to blind us. We have laughter to unwind us. Because we have fate to find each other. (10)We exchange an eternal promise and bigin to walk. (11)I pledge my self to love,respect and sincerity. (12)I love you from the bottom of my heart. I may not always show it but I do love you.

• この英文を訳していただきたいです

A: you bring new aspects to her. and with movie it's like... B: She doesn't bring nuances. it was perfect. Let me just say that we have had a lot of her love today. okey? So i'd glod to get some. A: And then we see her evolving into his leadership role. But we also see you evolving more and more as we see you onscreen... B: Well...Do we?