英語の関係詞の問題について困惑中!教えてください!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英語の関係詞の問題に取り組んでいるが、理解できずに困っています。質問文章と解答を載せましたので、間違っていたら修正してください。
  • Q1では、オフィスに来る人にメッセージを渡すのは誰かを選び、訳もしてください。
  • Q2では、父親は息子が学校を卒業する日を知らなかった。訳もしてください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

困っています。

英語の関係詞の問題をやっているんですが、分からなくて困っています。だれか教えてください。 一応、自分の解いた答えを載せとくので、間違っていたら、直してください。 Q空所に入れるのに最も適当なものをそれぞれ(1)~(4)から1つ選びなさい。また、訳もしてください。 1.She will give the message to (  ) comes to her office. (1)whoever (2)whomever (3)whichever (4)whatever 自分の答え→(4) 2.The father didn't know the day (  ) his son was graduating from school. (1)at which (2)for that (3)of that (4)on which 自分の答え→(1) 3.(  ) is usual with him, he is late for the meeting today. (1)As (2)That (3)What (4)Which 自分の答え→(2) 4.Mary is now very different from (  ) she was five years ago. (1)as (2)what (3)which (4)whom 自分の答え→(3) 5.I found the city different from (  ) it had been on my earlier visit. (1)what (2)when (3)where (4)which 自分の答え→(3)

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

1.She will give the message to (  ) comes to her office. (1)whoever  →メッセージをgiveする対象は人間で、toが既にあるから 彼女はオフィスに来る人だれそれ問わずメッセージを伝えることだろう。 2.The father didn't know the day (  ) his son was graduating from school. (4)on which →日付を指定する前置詞on 父親は息子の卒業式の日を忘れてしまった。 3.(  ) is usual with him, he is late for the meeting today. (1)As →熟語・構文的 as is usual with ~ 「にはよくあることで」 彼にはよくあることだが、今日もミーティングに遅刻した。 4.Mary is now very different from (  ) she was five years ago. (2)what →比較のwhat メアリーは5年前とすっかり変わってしまった。 5.I found the city different from (  ) it had been on my earlier visit. (1)what →比較のwhat その街は私がかつて行った時より変わってしまったことに気付いた。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

1.She will give the message to (  ) comes to her office. (1)whoever (2)whomever (3)whichever (4)whatever 自分の答え→(4) 正解は(1)です。 2.The father didn't know the day (  ) his son was graduating from school. (1)at which (2)for that (3)of that (4)on which 自分の答え→(1) 正解は(4)です。 3.(  ) is usual with him, he is late for the meeting today. (1)As (2)That (3)What (4)Which 自分の答え→(2) 正解は(1)です。 4.Mary is now very different from (  ) she was five years ago. (1)as (2)what (3)which (4)whom 自分の答え→(3) 正解は(2)です。 5.I found the city different from (  ) it had been on my earlier visit. (1)what (2)when (3)where (4)which 自分の答え→(3) 正解は(1)です。 訳すのも簡単ですが,ちょっと応用の入った関係詞がご理解されていないようです。 まず,しっかりと各関係詞を復讐されることをおすすめします。

関連するQ&A

• 英語問題

1:He said he was unmarried, () was not true. (1)it (2)that (3)what (4)which 2:() might have been expected, she did a good job of it. (1)As (2)If (3)She (4)What 3:Do you agree with () he said over the telephone? (1)that (2)which (3)what (4)whoever 4:The town is now very different from () it was ten years ago. (1)what (2)which (3)that (4)where 5:They always give the available seats to () comes first. (1)whoever (2)whom (3)which (4)whomever 解答と訳をお願いします

• 接続詞の補充

My hometown is now very different from( )it was ten years ago. アwhat イas ウthat エwhich アが入ると思うのですがどうでしょうか?

• for which is it being....

以下のdifferentから始まる文で、which の先行詞とitが指し示す内容をお教え願えないでしょうか。 また無理やり二文に分けたらどうなるでしょうか・・・・ 例:The reason for which she was late was that she didn't feel well. 無理やり2文に分けると The reason was that she didn't feel well. She was late for the reason. Different countries have each unique cultures and traditions for which it is being reflected in their clothing.

• 穴埋め問題の添削をお願いします!

1)The people (who) work in the office are very friendly. 2)There are some words (whose) meanings I don't know. 3)I enjoyed talking to the man (which) I sat next to on the plane. 4)The book (which choose the teacher) was too difficult for the students. 5)The jewel box (in which) I put my engagement ring was stolen. 6)You didn't get the whole point. That wasn't (what I meant). 7)That horse was the most beautiful creature (that I had) ever seen. 8)Mary is now very different from (what) she was five years ago. 9)This computer software is useful and, (what) is more, not so expensive. 10)Edison is as great an inventor (as) ever lived. 問題文が多くてすみません。()内の穴埋めです。 解説や日本語訳を付けてくださると助かります。 添削よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• この2つの文を関係詞を使って一つでまとめたいのですが

・You can see from here the roof of a black building. ・What is that building? この二つの文を関係詞を用いて一文にまとめたいのですが、疑問文にするにあたり躓いています。 わからないので、根拠もなくなんとなく3通り考えてみたものの 1. What is that black building whose roof of black you can see from here?  →whose roof of black (which) you can see from here って事で有リ? 2. What is that black building of which roof you can see from here?  →which roofじゃ、「どの屋根」の意味になるから違うだろうな… 3. What is that black building the roof of which you can see from here?  →じゃあ roof をof which の前に出したらどうだろう   でも What is that black building で文章が出来上がってるので、この後に続く the roof of which~がどうも納得いかない   いや、この the roof of which~は building を修飾しているから有リかもしれない とあやふやなまま試行錯誤しています。 考えた3つの文章の中に答えがあるかないかもわかりません。 この二つの文を一つにまとめる手順がわかる方、ご教示願えませんでしょうか。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語の文法

これはそれとは違うものです。 This is a different thing from that. This is a thing (which is ) different from that. どちらの文が自然ですか? 自分はdifferent fromというつながりを一固まりとしたいので、関係代名詞を省略して 今まで後者を使っていましたが、どうなんでしょうか? 名詞+形容詞+前置詞の表現(他にはa thing necessary for a necessary thing for)などです。 ご教授ください。

• 困っています。。。

英語の関係詞の問題をやっているんですが、分からなくて困っています。だれか教えてください。 一応、自分の解いた答えを載せとくので、間違っていたら、直してください。 Q空所に入れるのに最も適当なものをそれぞれ(1)~(4)から1つ選びなさい。また、訳もしてください。 1.Reading is to intellectual development (  ) is to physical development. (1)which food (2)that food (3)how food (4)what food 自分の答え→(1) 2.The roadside restaurant we stopped at yesterday was really nice. Food was quite good and, (  ), the staff was friendly. (1)that is to say (2)what is more (3)so to speak (4)more or less 自分の答え→(2) 3.We were given a lot of information, (  ) useless. (1)almost of which was found (2)most of which was (3)which make for the most part  (4)which mostly are 自分の答え→???

• 次の英文の構造を教えてください。

映画のスクリプトです。 There is nothing worse than that which you built taken from you. 訳 自分の築き上げてきたものを取られることほど悔しいことはない。 There is nothing worse than that what I built was taken from you. または There is nothing worse than that what you built was taken from others. ならば、一応納得できるのですが・・・

• 並び替え英語

彼女は何と言えばよいのかわからなかった。だから何も言わなかった。 She wasn't quite sure what to say,[anything/didn't/is/say/she/which/why]at all. 今日の世界はわずか20年前の世界とまったく変わっている。 The world today[different/from/is/it/quite/what]was only twenty years ago. 自分で考えたけど並び替えはどうも苦手で(≧×≦;) お願いします

• 下記の英文について教えてください。

When I think of old wives' tales and superstitions I think of childhood, which is naturally when I first encountered them, usually as warnings from adults. Whether from parents, grandparents, other people's parents, or even teachers, the authority of whomever told me that walking under a ladder was courting disaster, or that it was unlucky to tread on cracks in the pavement, or that if I broke a mirror it would bring seven years of misfortune, was enough to make me accept this unquestioningly. 出典 Black Cats & Four-Leaf Clovers whomever は文法的に間違いで、whoever です。文の骨格は the authority was enough to make me accept this unquestioningly. というのは分かるのですが、of whomever をどのように訳すと日本語らしくなるのかがわかりません。教えてください。