The Traits of Japanese People

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Japanese people are known for their humility and politeness.
  • When complimented, they often respond modestly.
  • Additionally, they show respect by using honorific language.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

日本人の気質についての英語(*´ェ`*)

外国の方に「日本人の気質」について聞かれ、 それを自分なりに考えて英文にしました。 もっといい表現や間違っているところなど教えてください! (1)日本人は謙虚です。例えば、「あなたとっても美しいわね。」と言われれば、大抵の日本人は「そんなことないよ。」というでしょう。 the japanese are humble people. for example, if someone say that you are so beautiful, most japanese people say that surely not. (2)また日本人は礼儀正しいです。お辞儀をしたり目上の人や会社の上司には敬語を使います。 the japanese are also polite people. we use honorific to old person or higher ranking person. (お辞儀をしたりが分かりません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• anteia
  • お礼率89% (243/272)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.2

1番目は大文字をちゃんと使えばそのまま使えます。 The Japanese people are humble. For example, when they are praised for the beauty, they often reply by saying they are not beautiful. ともいえます。 2番目もまずまずですが、 Japanese are very polite as well. We bow to people (instead of handshaking), and use polite Japanese when talking to elderly people or bosses.とも言えます。

anteia
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! おかげでうまく説明できました! 助かりました!

その他の回答 (1)

• kamikazek
  • ベストアンサー率11% (284/2372)
回答No.1

も1つ 謙虚をあげるとすれば、 あなたはきれいですね、といわれて、 まずお礼 ありがとうございます。そして、 あなたのほうこそ~・・・。〔相手の良い印象部分をすばやく見つけて褒め返す〕と  お礼・お返しをする。 これも謙虚と、そして 礼に始まり、礼におわる 日本人の気質と思います。 《2》に関しては、いつからか 小学生の学校生活内容からも 男女問わず「さんづけ」が教育されるようになり、 これは年齢問わず、とてもいいことと思います。 まずはなにより、いかなるときも相手を尊重することの大切さの最初の一言だと思います。

anteia
質問者

補足

回答ありがとうございます。 日本語は自分で考えました。 その英文が日本語(私が言いたいこと)になっているかおしえてほしいのです。 要するに英文が正しいか教えてほしいのです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Signs that say ‘Japanese Only’ and ‘No Foreigners’ are just the most visible things that people notice in Japan.”

• 日本語訳お願いします。

日本語訳お願いします。 I think that a large number of people who say that muscular women are not beautiful are expressing nothing more than a stereotype.

• なぜ日本人は「お世話になりました」とよく言うのですか?

なぜ日本人は「お世話になりました」とよく言うのですか? 外国のいる友達からこのようなメールをもらいました。 こちらで調べるまえにグーグルでは「o-sewa ni narimashita, Japanese why」といろいろとキーワードを変えて検索をして調べたのですが、見つけることができませんでした。英語で答えるのに、次のように言っても大丈夫でしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 i got the mail form one of my friends who speak English. Before I ask you the questionl, I looked it on the Internet while changing many wornds to find out the information, but I couldn't .Sorry to inconvenience you. May I say to my friend like this ? ↓ You don't need to say "o-sewa ni narimashita"to me !! >_< It's no problem !! In Japan, it is said that when you are taken care of , you often say to others, "o-sewani narimashita ", even though someone don't take much care of you. It's like a Japanese custom's greeting to others when you meet people . Japanese often say like that ,even though you meet the person by chance in the streets etc. 回答者様の皆様へ。To answers to my question. Is it rather formal way of speaking to say "person"? その人、のことをperson というのはformal な言い方でしょうか?

• 英語の訳が分からず困っています

Do you think that Japanese people that live in Japan are just like Japanese that live in America or overseas? 海外の友人から送られてきた文です。だいたい言っていることは分かるんですが…just likeについてと、3つのthat のあたりがいまいち理解できません。 どなたかお分かりでしたら、教えて下さると嬉しいです・・・!

• 日本語に訳してください!!お願いします!

日本語に訳してください!!お願いします! online etiquette is often called 'netiquette'. there are some rules for communicating with people on the internet. first,you should always remember that you are sending message to a real person,not to a computer. don't type anything that you wouldn't say to someone's face. also,remember that the person who gets your message cannot hear your voice, or see your face, so make sure your meaning is clear. don't do anything online that you don't do in real life. don't take anything without paying for it, if it's not free. don't use information that someone else has written, and say it's yours. don't read other people's e-mail. do share your knowledge of the internet with others. people judge you by your words, so try bto write well. good writing skills are important. send polite e-mail messages to people. if you're not sure about how to spell a word, use your dictionaries. there are lots of helpful books and websites, too. it's good to talk online in chat rooms or message boards, but don't start discussions with people. say what you think, but never fight online or offline. when you're online, just as in 'real'life, try to think about other people's time and feelings. remember, you're not the only one traveling on this world!

• 次の英訳の間違いを指摘し、文法的に説明して下さい。

次の英訳の間違いを指摘し、文法的に説明して下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。 <日本語> 最近、人前で自由に話せる若者が増えていますが、日本人は以前として英語を話すのが苦手です。 これは日本人は英語を話す時に間違うことを恐れるからです。 <英訳> (1) Recently the number of young people who can express their feeling free in public is increasing, although Japanese are not still good at speaking English. This is why Japanese people is afraid that they make mistake when speaking English. (2) Today there is more and more young people can talk to as they like in public, so Japanese people still have trouble speaking. It is because Japanese are fear to mistake on speaking English. (3) These days many young people can speak fluently in front of others, and the Japanese are still poor speakers in English. The reason of this is that the Japanese are afraid of committing error while they say English.

• 日本語訳と文構造を教えていただけますか。

An internationally-model person sees cultural variety of an enrichment to his life . He is open minded and makes an effort to be friendly to all people, regardless of race, creed, and color. He will not let one bad experience lead him to generalize about an entire people or race. He knows better than to believe that all Americans are hospitable, that all Englishmen are gentleman, or that all Japanese are polite. He judges people, then, ( )an individual basis.

• 英語日記3 なぜ今の若者は夢を持たないのか

英語日記3 なぜ今の若者は夢を持たないのか すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると幸いす。 Why recent adolescent people don’t have a dream. Young guys are said “Young people don’t have a dream recently” by old people. As my opinion, I don’t think so. And we don’t want old people to say about that. In the first place, I`d like to say for old people “you don’t have a dream too, don’t you?” I think that people who don’t have a dream which don’t have acclaim to say about dreams. Maybe some young people are not old enough to become a good adult. But if they will be able to find a their dream and try and try to make it. They will be excellent person at that time. Everyone can be a excellent person as long as try to make it. 内容は気にしないでください。

• 和訳を見ていただけますか?

和訳を見ていただけますか? (1)I heard that Japanese people are shocked because someone here touch him or kiss his wife on the cheek. (2)Because for us it's natural and the status dosen't count. (3)We don't have anyone who's placed higher than rest,so it's never easy for us to understand how can someone like an Emperor have this much respect from his people. (1)(天皇陛下がある国を訪問されたときのこと)現地の住人が彼に触れ、頬にキスしたことに日本人は衝撃を受けたとききました。 (2)なぜならそれは私の国では普通のことであり特別なこととしてカウントされない?status dosen't countというのはどう訳せばよいでしょうか? (3)who's placed higher than rest,のthan restが何なのかわかりません(--;) restより高貴な位の人? 前後の文章がないので意味不明でしたらすみません。どうぞよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 日本語→英語について

<いざなぎ景気についての文章です。> 日本国民の生活必需品もさらに変化した時でした。特に「3C」と呼ばれる、「カラーテレビ」「クーラー」「自動車」になります。トヨタは低価格の自動車が開発し、マイカーブームが起こりました。 It was the time to change the daily necessities of the Japanese citizens. Especially, this is called "3C" that are color television, cooler (air conditioner in English), and car. Toyota have developed and sold the low cost car, and it caused the boom that many people had own car. 日本語からこのように英文にしたのですが文法的に問題がないか見て欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。