We Thoughtlessly Regard Dogs and Dolphins as Clever Animals

このQ&Aのポイント
  • We tend to think that dogs and dolphins are clever animals, but this belief is not based on scientific criteria. It is likely that we perceive them as clever because they obey our commands.
  • In contrast, our human intelligence is evaluated scientifically through various exams. However, to achieve good scores, it is also important to understand the intention behind the questions.
  • The term 'objective' in English, which corresponds to '客観的' in Japanese, can be understood as 'scientific'. It is noteworthy that 'objective' is the opposite of 'subjective', which means '主観的'.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

☆★京大英作文添削お願いします★☆(4)

'10年京大前期の英作文の問題の添削をお願いします。 問題は画像で添付いたしましたので、そちらを参照ください。 We thoughtlessly regard dogs and dolphins as clever animals. However, this estimation is not based on the scientific criteria. Probably, we just think such animals cleaver because they follow our orders. On the other hand, our human ability is scientifically judged by the several exams; but in order to get good points, it is also essential to follow the question’s intentions in earnest. 「客観的」に該当する英語が分からなかったので「科学的」と読み変えました。 objectiveとか簡単にcoldと言うようですね。 主観的⇔客観的:subjective⇔objectiveで覚えておきます。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#145074
noname#145074
回答No.1

日本語の画像はありませんでしたが、一読して英文のスタイルを判断しましょう。 We thoughtlessly regard dogs and dolphins as clever animals. ** clever→intelligentかなと想像します。 However, this estimation is not based on the scientific criteria. ** estimaation が浮かべばたいしたもの Probably, we just think such animals cleaver because they follow our orders. ** 言うことなし On the other hand, our human ability is scientifically judged by the several exams; ** the several exams→the不要(theをつけたらこの文章を読んでいる人間みなどのテストか分かるということになります。) ** abilityの類語"competence"も覚えるべきでしょう。 ** 日本文がないから推測します。scientificallyは「数字で」の方が意味的には正確かも? but in order to get good points, it is also essential to follow the question's intentions in earnest. ** いい点数=good test scores; good marks; good grades(pointは単位を無視して使う場合が多い) follow the question's intentions in earnest ** 日本文がないから推測します。「質問の意図を読み取る」ですかね。もしそうなら、 ** in earnest 真剣に←→真剣でない の対立語;この語は必要なのかどうか分かりません。 ** read the intent(ion[s]) of the question[s] すらすらこの程度の英文を常時作ることができれば、いいと思いますよ。細部は色々ありますが、非常にいいできだと思います。 ●日本語なしは問題外ですが、画像の日本文はコピペができませんので、タイプしてもらった方が回答者としては助かります。Good luck! Good night!

usbklm
質問者

補足

添削ありがとうございます。 画像添付したつもりが、出来ていませんでした(~_~;)すみません。 問題は以下の通りです。 私たちは漠然と犬やイルカを賢いと思っている、動物の賢さを図る客観的な基準に基づいてそう判断しているわけではない。そういった動物の場合、人間の命令によく従うほど、頭が良いように見えるだけではないだろうか。人間の場合には種々のいわゆる客観テストなるものがあるが、それも結局、出題者の指示によく従うことが高得点に結びついているのかもしれない。 また、ご参照ください。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の問題です よろしければ添削お願い致します

(簡単なご指摘で大助かりです) - テキストの正解: Some scientist think that dolphins are the most intelligent animals in the world after mankind, and that we way be able to talk with them one day. ※イルカは人間についで最も知能が高く、やがて彼らとの対話も夢では無いと考えてる科学者もいる。 私の文: There are some scientists who think that the dolphins are intelligent second to human beings, and we will able to talk with them in the future. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

テレビの功罪について70語程度の英語で書け。 The television plays a vital role in our life. First, we can get various information of the world from it. Second, we can also derive enjoyment from it. Certainly, there is the fact that the television does us harm. For example, it cause failure of eyesight. However, the harm can be diminished easily by our slight care and it is indispensable to us now. From now on, the television is going to develop and have a good effect on our life. 書いてるといつの間にか文の始まりがほとんど副詞になってしまいました...問題は無いですよね…? なるべく主旨の一貫性を狙ってみたのですがどうでしょうか?またザッと流し読みして単複・時制などにおかしなとこありましたら指摘していただけるとうれしいです。よろしくお願いします。

• ☆★京大英作文添削お願いします★☆(1)

H19年前期の英作文の問題の添削をお願いします。 問題  教育とは何かと考えるときに、私が決まって思い出すのが小学校の恩師の顔である。先生は、私たち生徒に、物事に真剣に取り組むことを教えてくださった。その教えは、これまでの私の人生の指針となっている。今から考えると、先生の教えが私の心に響いたのは、先生の尊敬できる誠実な人柄によるところが大きかったように思う。教育において考慮すべきことは、教える内容だけではなく、教える側の人間性でもあるのだ。 [辞書不使用] When I think about what education is, I always think of my primary school teacher. She taught us the importance of doing a thing seriously. Her lesson has been a basic concept in my life. Now I think that it is probably because of her honest personality to respect that I still remember it. As to education, we should take into consideration the teachers' personalities as well as the taught contents. [辞書使用] *[ ]で括った表現が辞書を使った箇所です。 *括っていないところで表現が上と異なる場合は、辞書は使っていません。 Every time I think about what education is, I remember my teacher at primary school. He taught his students including me gave the lesson of [addressing a challenge in earnest]. The lesson has been the [concept guiding my life]. [Looking back], his lesson has got my heart mainly because he was so as [sincere] to respect. What we consider in education is not only teachings but also the teacher's personality. 以上です。 よろしくお願いします。

• どなたか自由英作文の添削をお願いします(>_<)!

『あなたが思う健康を維持する方法』50words In my opinion we should get into the habit of exercising. This is because the exercise keeps our body condition very well. We can exhaust a surplus energy of the body by sweating. Moreover, exercising have mental effects. Doing is so pleasant that we may eliminate our stress. あえて、結論を省いて 運動の効果を身体的、精神的面の2つ書いて見ました´・ω・) これって良いんでしょうか(>_<) 改善点など、あれば指摘していただけると幸いです^^*

• 英作文を添削してもらえませんか?

今、アカデミックライティングというものを学んでいる大学生です。以下の和文を英訳してみたので、よかったら、添削と講評をしていただけないでしょうか。具体的な講評をお願いします。 心理カウンセラーを40年やってきて、「人間の心ほど移ろいやすいものはない」との思いと、「人間ほど一度思い込むとこれほど頑固なものはない」との想いの両方がある。心を柔らかく持ち、いい加減な自分を肯定したいものである。 In my experience of being a psychotherapist for 40 years, I have held opposite feelings: Nothing is more inconstant than the mind of men, and more persistent in what one once believes than the nature of them. Then, condition of our flexible mind and recognition of our susceptible one, we really need. My forty year career of a psychotherapist have given me the realization that our mind is the most influenced by the inner or the outer, whereas our spirit is the most likely to assume one thing endlessly. Therefore it is really necessary for us to smelt our iron mind, which sometimes is like clay, and to accept it.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

英語でスピーチをする予定があり、原稿を作ったのですが、文法や自然な表現に自信がないので、長文ですが添削をお願いします!^^ Are you happy? Of course there are many happy, enjoyable things. Sports, movies, shopping, and so forth. However, there are also many unhappy, depressive things. Do you surely think you are really happy? Today, the world is facing many serious problems. Discrimination, poverty, war, and so forth. However, we Japanese don’t have such serious problems. We were born in blessed, rich land, Japan. We can eat, buy what we want, and …..live. Then, what are the problems? Big one of the problems Japan facing is a problem of stress. I also suffer from the stress. “One pair of half pants is called pajamas”. “I’m called a Yankee because my hair is gold.” I’ll move on my topic. There are many stress. Human relationships, anxiety, a sense of inferiority, the number of stress is limitless. Because of these stress, many people cannot imagine bright future, only suffer from stress. If we suffer from stress, we cannot concentrate enjoyable things, and enjoy our lives. Stress has influence on not only our mind, but also our body. You can imagine depression as mental disease, difficult breathing, circulatory system and digestive system. To know these effects, perhaps you know how serious stress is. By the way, have you think of any solutions for stress? As I said before, there are many kind of stress, and those causes are also different. But I declare one cause of stress is broadcasting. This linkage is seemed unrealistic. However, media make us imagine there are full of sad accidents, crimes, disease and so on. We live in dark world. Why do we believe that? This is because we watch a number of news, broadcasting sad and dark things. Our brains believe the world we live is dark, not bright unconsciously. Of course there are not only dark ones, but also bright ones, but media focus on dark ones more easily, than bright ones. As I take one example, news about bullying. This news is broadcasted many times, and gathers much attention. That’s why our brains believe the world is full of sadness, hopeless. And we easily feel depression and suffer from stress. Then, how can we save ourselves? How can we release stress? Which way is the best way to solve the problem? Excluding the cause of stress? Or Changing society itself creating stress? Banning broadcasting dark news? All of them are not seemed effective way to solve it. Do we have to endure stress or deceive ourselves? We don’t suffer from stress. I’m OK. I’m OK. I’m happy No way. I refuse to do that. All we have to do is to deceive our brains. We have two simple choices to do. 1st is to look into just bright future. If we do that, our brains recognize only bright future without thinking and we think in a positive way. However, this way is not a perfect way. Some really suffer from stress and cannot look into bright future. Then, I will introduce 2nd way. 2nd is to appreciate 3 things every day and write down them. For example, I live with my aunt and she takes care of me. Now, I write down three things. 1st, “my aunt cooks a meal for me.” Thank to that, I keep my health and eat delicious food. 2nd, “every morning, my aunt sends me to the station.” That’s why I can save my time in the morning and sleep more. 3rd, “on my birthday, my aunt give me 1000 yen.” 1000 yen is not a little money!! To continue this, your brains will believe there are full of many happy, bright, fine things. We live in a happy world. Some of you think why this is beneficial for you? Yes. I’ll explain it. By getting this thought, positive way to look into your future, you suffer from less and less stress, and are released from stress. This is totally enough. And, the effect is not only reducing stress. Please don’t be surprised. By released from stress, your brains work well as 30%. You will not have trouble to studying. You will be able to get degree more easily. Good! If you got this thought, your future would be bright. I hope you will get bright future.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

大学の二次試験で自由英作文があるのですがなかなかうまく行きません。添削をお願い致します。 テーマは、[携帯電話についてどう思うか]です。 In my opinion, cell phone was enabie us to do many things.Take an example.we can contact other people immediatly when we are late for appointmennt.And we can use it whereever we are.we need not find a public phone.In addition to, we can contact someone I want to talk wherever the person is.But contraryto their good sides,we have bad sides,too.For example,we often see someone calling on train or bus.And we often catch a phone at midnight suddenly.It is very rode and they think nothing but their conveniences.we understand such bose sides and should consider apt time and appropriate place when we use cell phone. 間違いが多いとは思いますが、どうかお願いします。

• 自由英作文の添削お願いします

はじめてこちらを利用させていただく受験生です。よろしくお願いします。 2週間後に大学受験があるのですが、英作が苦手なのでとても不安です; そこで、是非皆様に、添削していただきアドバイス等いただけたらと思い投稿させていただきます<(_ _)> 問 大学生は一人暮らし、あるいは家族から離れて暮らすべきだと考える人もいます。あなたはこの意見に賛成ですか、反対ですか?その理由も説明しなさい。(50~70語) I approve of this opinion for some reasons.First,by living alone,we will come to do housework by ourselves.For instance,we can learn cooking,cleaning rooms,doing our washing and so on.They all are important things for the future in our lives. In addition,living alone teaches us how important existence of familiy is. That's why I agree with this idea. 文法的なミスや、内容に関すること等ご指摘いただければありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします<(_ _)>

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

英作文の添削をお願いします。 20年度の司法試験の問題で、50×2=100点です 1,裁判長は「式典で起立、斉唱することは儀礼的な行為で、思想・良心の自由を侵害するものではない」と述べ、斉唱を命じた校長の職務命令を合憲と判断。 The chief judge stated, “Standing up and singing in the ceremony are just ritual actions, so they don’t invade the freedom of thought and good mind.” He judged the principal’s command to sing was compatible with Constitution. 2,私たちが言葉で伝達したいと思う内容は,大多数の場合,複数の単語や熟語を組み合わせて新しい文を組み立てないと表現することができない。それを考えただけでも,文法の知識がいかに重要であるかが分かるであろう。 The contents we want to convey in words, in many cases, can’t be expressed, if we don’t combine several words and phrases and construct a new sentence. Just if you think of it, you will find how important the knowledge of grammar is.

• 英作文 添削お願いします

英作文 添削お願いします 日本語訳の下が「作った英文」、模範解答の下が「模範解答」です 「ものの見方を変えれば気持ちも新しくなる。」 Also the mind becomes new by changing the way of seeing things. 模範解答 Different viewpoints bring us different feelings. If we change our way of looking at things, we will have a new feeling. 「日本語では短い言葉で多くのことを表すことができる。」 Japanese enable us to express many things with short words. 模範解答 You can say a lot of things with a few words in Japanese. 「人と人が理解しあう手段は様々なのである。」 There are some kinds of the ways of people understanding each other. 模範解答 There are various ways for people to understand each other. There are many ways in which people understand one another. 「私たちは、人から必要とされることで幸せになります。」 We feel happy by being needed by other people. 模範解答 We become happy when we are needed by other people. It makes us happy to be needed by others. 「彼らが働く場を作ることは、私たちの責任なのです。」 It is responsible for us to make the place where they can work. 模範解答 We have to make places for them to work in. It is our responsibility to make places where they work. お願いします。