• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:日本語に訳してください!!)

Cuban-American Executive Turns Pizza Entrepreneur in Spain

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Leopoldo Fernandez, a Cuban-American executive in Spain, went from selling medical supplies to opening a successful pizza business, TelePizza.
  • With projected sales of $120 million this year and over 200 outlets in 10 countries, TelePizza may be the world's fastest growing pizza chain.
  • Fernandez originally planned to open five small stores while keeping his job at Johnson & Johnson, but the success of TelePizza led him to focus on the pizza business full-time.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

MARDIRID, Spain-Leopoldo Fernandez was earning. $150,000 a year as an executive in Spain with Johnson & Johnson when he decided to open a pizzeria on the side. レオポルド・フェルナンデス(マドリッド・スペイン)がピッツア専門店を副業として始めようと決心した当時彼はジョンソン&ジョンソン・スペイン支社の重役として年収15万ドル(現在の約1250万円)を稼いでいました。 "Keep in mind, I knew nothing about pizza. My job was about selling heart valves, heart monitors, surgical instruments." said the 47-year-old Cuban-American, a former marketing director for the U.S. medical supply company. 「言っておきますが私はピッツアの事などまったく知りませんでした。私の仕事は心臓の人工弁や心モニター、外科手術用器具などの販売でした。」元米系の医療用器具の販売会社でマーケティング担当役員を務めた47歳のキューバ系アメリカ人はこう言いました。 six years later, Fernandez is the president of TelePizza, a multinational with projected sales of $120 million this year. By year's end, the Madrid-based pizza businessman's name will adorn more then 200 outlets in 10 countries. The company, one of the first to answer a need for convenience goods in modernizing Spain, may even be the world's fastest growing pizza chain, according to a recent issue of the trade magazine Pizza Today and research by TelePizza. 6年後、フェルナンデスは数カ国で合計推定年商120ミリオンドル(現在の約97億円)を売り上げるテレピッツアの代表取締役となりました。年末までにはこのマドリッドが本拠のピッツアビジネスマンの名前が10数カ国で合計200以上の直営店を飾ります。業界誌ピッツアTodayの最新版とテレピッツアの調査によると同社は近代化のスペインでの便利商品への要求にいち早く応え、世界でも最も急速に成長したピッツアチェーンでもある、と。 "I thought I'd just open five little stores and keep my job at Johnson & Johnson," recalles Fernandez in an interview as he puffed a $5 Cuban cigar. Two small Cuban flags are placed on his desk top. インタビュー中フェルナンデスは一本5ドルのキューバ葉巻をふかしながらこう回想しました。「わたしはただジョンソン&ジョンソンでの仕事をしながらたった5店舗の小さなお店を開業しただけですよ。」

CSH83
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。とてもわかり易かったです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 長文を日本語にお願いします。

本当によくわからないんです。英語がとても苦手で。よろしくお願いします。翻訳機は変な日本語になってしまって理解ができません。 Fernandez said TelePizza outsells its Hut and Pizza World-combined. The company has a fleet of more than 2,000 motorbikes in Spain and sells 25,000 pizzas daily in the Spanish market. About two-thirds, of TelePizza outlets in Spain are franchises while 90 percent of the 40 stores abroad are company-owned. In addition to Spain, there are TelePizza outlets in Mexico, Columbia, Chile, Portugal, Belgium, Greece and Poland-with stores in France and Brazil set to open before year's end. "We plan to go into the U.S. in due time," Fernandez said. "For now we are maturing and learning form growth markets."

• 日本語訳お願いします!

英語が苦手で本当にわかりません。よろしくお願いします。翻訳機は日本語の文章が理解できないんです。 Success came "so quickly my biggest problem has been keeping on the top of the growth-money management, people management, training. Most new businesses grow at 10-20 percent yearly. We've grown at 10 percent a month since we opened," Fernandez said. After his first shop prospered in Madrid, Fernandez left his job, sold his house and stocks, and cobbled together $300,000 to put into the business. From then on, new pizzerias opened rapidly, first in Spain and then abroad. At the time TelePizza began in the late 1980s, pizzas were available in Spain only in Italian restaurants, and home delivery of any food was rare. But with more women in the workplace and Spain still modernizingm there was a growing need for convenience foods. TelePizza's success is widely credited with setting off a boom in home-delivered fast food in Spain. Hundreds of motorbikes now ply Madrid's streets delivering everything form pizza to traditional specialities like Spanish tortillas (egg and potato omeletter) and paella. Like the come faDomino's chain of U.S. fame, TelePizza's pies stㅡthe company guarantees that pizzas will arrive in under 30 minutes, depending on where customers live. They are fairly affordable, with a pie for up to four people costing $13, compared with $6 for a McDonald's quarter-pounder, fries and Coke, undelivered.

• 英語長文を日本語に訳してください。

本当によくわからないんです。英語がとても苦手で。よろしくお願いします。翻訳機は変な日本語になってしまって理解ができません。 Some say Spain's growing appetite for fast food is undermining the country's healthy Mediterranean diet. "There's a saying, when we were poor we made better eating choices than we do now," said Consuelo Lopez Nomdedeu, a nutritionist with the government-run National College of Health. "The key is variety in the diet," he said. "I wouldn't eat pizza daily or hamburgers-(nor would I eat) Spanish dishes like lentils or garbanzos." Along with crediting the untapped Spanish market for his success, Fernandez noted that growing up as an immigrant in the United States probably also helped. Like many other refugees fleeting the Castro revolution, Fernandez moved to Florida from Cuba in 1960 with his parents. "An immigrant has to find ways to succeed because he's on the bottom," said Fernandez, who also has worked for Procter & Gamble co., the leading U.S. consumer products company. "Here, my advantage is that I understand Spanish mentality better than Americans do-and I understand Americans better than Spaniards do," Fernandez said. So far, his recipe for success is working.

• 日本語訳を!!13

お願いします (1)“When I was 18 years old…I raised an army and used it to bring freedom back to the Roman state. I spent my own money to do it…. Because of this, the Senate passed a special resolution to make me a senator.” These words were written by Julius Caesar's great-nephew: the first person to serve as a Roman general and member of the Senate while he was still a teenager. (2) Julius Caesar, who had no legitimate sons of his own, was especially fond of his sister's grandson, Gaius Octavius. When his sister Julia died, the dictator chose 12-year-old Octavius to deliver his grandmother's funeral oration. Five years later, in 46 BCE, Octavius rode with his great-uncle in his triumphal procession into Rome. The next year, the young man joined Caesar's military campaign in Spain. The dictator believed that someday his great-nephew would do great things for Rome. (3) After his victories in Spain, Caesar planned a war against the rebellious tribes of Illyria, a region across the Adriatic Sea. Putting young Octavius in charge, he sent the army to Illyria with instructions to wait for him there. Then Caesar returned to Rome to begin reforming the government─a big job. Caesar set to work with energy and determination. But his plans were foiled by the daggers of his enemies, when he was assassinated on the Idea of March. (4) Eighteen- year-old Octavius was in Illyria when he got news of his uncle's death. He made up his mind to return to Rome. While he was packing to leave, a second messenger came with the surprising news that, in his will, Caesar had adopted Octavius as his son and made him the heir to an enormous fortune. This news was sure to raise eyebrows─and perhaps some swords─in Rome.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (9) In 241 BCE, a Roman commander attacked a Carthaginian fleet of 170 ships. Despite stormy seas, Rome sank 50 enemy ships and captured 70 more. What was left of the Carthaginian fleet sailed home, defeated. When the ships arrived in their home port, the commander was executed. (10) After 23 years of battle, the First Punic War was over. Rome controlled Sicily and dominated the western Mediterranean. The Roman army had broken Carthage's grip. The memory of this shameful defeat tortured Hannibal's father. (11) As part of the peace treaty, Rome demanded that Carthage pay 80 tons of silver─equal to a year's pay for 200,000 Roman soldiers. The city had to find some way to pay this huge bill. Carthage sent its top general, Hamilcar Barca, to Spain. His assignment was to conquer the region and develop the silver and copper mines there. Hamilcar took his son Hannibal to Spain with him, and he did his job well. He sent money and goods back to Carthage. (12) When Hamilcar died, the 26-year-old Hannibal took over the job. Like his father, Hannibal considered Spain to be his territory. He believed Carthage must be the only power there. So when Rome made an alliance with the Spanish city of Saguntum, Hannibal fought back and fulfilled the promise he had made as a boy: to be the sworn enemy of Rome. He laid siege to Saguntum, cutting off all supplies of food and military aid. After eight months, Saguntum fell to Hannibal's warriors. And in 218 BCE, Rome declared war on Carthage─again. The Second Punic War had begun.

• 日本語に翻訳してくれていただけませんが

I have passed the interview of NEC internship and will begin the job in 8.22. So I cannot take your(company) internship and feel realy sorry. That it, I want to refuse the offer and what to say is the most polite way?(In Japanese) Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

• 【英文】財務諸表の和訳

以下の文章がどうしてもうまく訳せません。 どうか自然な文章で訳していただけないでしょうか No contract of significance in relation to the Company's business to which the Company, any of its holding companies or fellow subsidiaries was a party, and in which a director of the Company had a material interest, subsisted at the end of the year or at any during the year.

• 英文を日本語に訳してください

アメリカ在住の中国人女性と英語でメールのやり取りをしているのですが、 彼女から送られてきた英文の意味が理解できないため、 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 My husband is a business man doing trading company between China and Spain. He has a job in US about jewelry saleman . We want to have medical benefits after retired in US. Do you know we need to work and pay taxes in US ,then we could have this benefits after 65.So he finished with his daily job then after dinner he need to continue to contact customer and factory worker. After September I will 46 time go by quickly. Many things just happened in yesterday, I feel interesting about we know each others , it is fate right! Maybe we can see each other in Japan in one day, haha

• 日本語訳で困っています。

次の英文の日本語訳がわかりません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)Heart disease is responsible for about one-quarter of the deaths in the U.S. each year. (2)One reason the number of deaths from heart attacks is so high is that when people experience chest pain, they don't realize they may be getting a heart attack and wait too long before going to the hospital. (3)sweating may accompany the pain

• どなたか英語に詳しい方、日本語に翻訳してください。

長文ですが、どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。 お願いします。 First,please allow me to introduce my self. i am monica guiao, 22 years old.now let me share a short story of my life. year 2010, it was the year that i finished my studies. on that year i also started to look a job. i am lucky because i was given the opportunity to teach a korean students. it was my first job.in terms of salary it was good but it is not enough in our daily lives so i decided to lokk for another job. until one day someone told me that japan is looking for a machine operator. we all know japan is one of the richest and the most beautiful countries in the world. so, i tried to apply.i am very much lucky because i was selected. november 13,2011, i remembered that day when i left my country to work in japan. it was such a ravishing feeling, thinking that i can reach my dreams. this was also the first time being far away from my family. but why should i stay away from my family. my goal is to earn money to give a better future for my family and in order to send my niece to school. It has already been 10months since we came here in japan. so, i realized that as a foreigner trainee in a japanese company, it is very important to learn their culture, and business practices and etiquettes.about the language, very few japanese can understand english. so, i realized that i really need to study to learn japanee language, to be able to communicate much easier with the japanese people. for me if you want to survive here, learn japanese. but i can say that with the help of takasaki san we learned a lot. About the japanese foods, for me all the japanese foods are delicious, especilly ramen. For now what i really want to do while in japan is to embrace and adopt the displine that the japanese so effortlessly display. It amazes me how naturally it comes to them, and I believe that this firmly rooted trait of the japanese is one of the key reasons to their progressive country. for the end of this presentation I would like to say thank you to all of you. thank you for trusting me to work here in taiyo yuden japan. I will assure that you will not repent that you chose me to work here in japan. once again thank you very much..

このQ&Aのポイント
  • PCとプリンターの通信ができない場合、何が原因でどう対処すればいいのでしょうか?プリンターの通信トラブル解決方法について詳しく解説します。
  • キヤノン製品のプリンターでPCとの通信がうまくいかない場合、原因は様々な要素によるものです。ケーブルの接続不良やドライバの問題など、トラブルを解決する方法を紹介します。
  • プリンターとPCの通信が途切れると、印刷やスキャンといった作業ができなくなります。このようなトラブルを解決するためには、ケーブルの確認やデバイスマネージャの設定変更が必要です。具体的な手順を説明します。
回答を見る