Recreating the Family

このQ&Aのポイント
  • People choose partners who help recreate their childhood struggles
  • The 'dance of intimacy' is a common pattern in relationships
  • Overcoming anxieties can lead to healing and resolution of childhood issues
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

長文を日本語に訳してください!(3)

わからないとこが多すぎるので全文日本語にお願いします! Recreating the Family Like Abe and Tara, people choose partners who help them recreate their childhood struggles. Tara fell in love with a man with "a faraway look in his eyes," and subsequently had to struggle for greater intimacy. Abe fell in love with a woman who was "warm and nurturing," then spent a lot of energy struggling for more space. Tara's unresolved intimacy issues complement Abe's. For example, one partner (often the woman) will fight to break down defenses and create more intimacy while the other (often the man) will withdraw and create distance. So the "dance of intimacy" follows: If the woman gets too close, the man pulls back. If he moves too far away, she pursues, and so on. To achieve greater intimacy, the partners must overcome the anxiety that compels them to take their respective parts in that dance. In the example, Tara needs to control her abandonment anxiety and not pursue Abe when he withdraws, and Abe needs to control his engulfment anxiety when Tara pursues him and not withdraw. Working to overcome these anxieties is an opportunity to resolve childhood issues and can be a major healing experience for both partners.

• CSH83
  • お礼率73% (31/42)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

家族を再創造する エイブとタラのように、自分の子供時代を再現するのを手助けしてくれるパートナーを選ぶ人々は、苦しみます。タラは「遠くを見るような表情」を持つ男性と恋に落ちて、その後、より大きな親密さを求めて苦しまなければなりませんでした。エイブは、「暖かくて育むような」女性と恋に落ちて、そしてより多くの間隔を求めて苦闘することに多くのエネルギーを費やしました。 タラの未解決の親密さの問題は、エイブの問題と補完関係にあります。たとえば、一方のパートナー(しばしば女性)は、防御を取り除きより多くの親密さを創り出すために苦闘します、他方、もう一方のパートナー(しばしば男性)は、引きさがり、距離を作ろうとするでしょう。それで、「親密さのダンス」が、続いて起こることになります: 女性があまりに親しくなるならば、男性は退きます。 彼があまりに遠くに引き下がると、彼女は追い求めます、それが、延々と続く訳です。 より大きな親密さを達成するためには、パートナーは、そのダンスにおいて彼らにそれぞれの役割を引き受けることを強要する不安を克服しなければなりません。例において、彼が引くとき、タラは彼女の放っておかれると言う不安をおさえて、エイブを追い求めないようにする必要があります、そして、タラが彼を追い求める時、エイブは彼の呑み込まれてしまうのではないかと言う不安をおさえ、引かないようにする必要があります。これらの不安を克服するために努力することは、幼い頃の問題を解決する好機となりますし、双方のパートナーにとっては、大きな癒しの経験となる可能性もあります。

CSH83
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 長文を日本語に訳してください!

わからないとこが多すぎて全文日本語にお願いします。 Choose to Lose? Many factors influence the level of intimacy we enjoy in our relationships. The various decisions we make, and our behavior toward one another, are what foster closeness or drives us apart. These decisions are all under our control, although we are influenced by old patterns that we must work to change. The first decision we make about a relationship is the partner we choose. Whom we fall in love with determines the level of intimacy in our relationships, according to Ayala Malach Pines, Ph.D., who heads the behavioral sciences in management program at Ben-Gurion University in Israel. We often choose partners who remind us of significant people from our childhood--often our parents--and we set out to recreate the patterns of our childhood. Let's look at an example: Tara met Abe at a party. She was instantly attracted to the tall, lean man with a faraway look in his eyes. Abe, who had been standing alone, was delighted when Tara approached him with her open smile and outstretched hand. She was not only beautiful, but she struck him as warm and nurturing as well. The conversation between them flowed instantly. It felt comfortable and easy. Eventually, they fell in love, and after a year, they were married. At first things were wonderful. They had the kind of closeness Tara had always dreamed about with her father. Though she was sure he loved her, she never felt she had her father completely to herself. Even when he held her on his lap, he had a faraway look. But with Abe things were different. He was there with her completely. The intimacy between them also felt terrific to Abe. It was not the kind of suffocating closeness he always dreaded--the kind of intrusive closeness he experienced as a child with his mother, who used to enter his room uninvited and arrange his personal belongings with no regard to his privacy. But Tara was different. She did not intrude. But occasionally, Abe would come home from work tired and annoyed. All he wanted was a drink and to sit with the paper until he could calm down and relax. Seeing him that way, Tara would become concerned. "What is going on?" she would ask anxiously. "Nothing," he would answer. Sure that there was something very wrong, and assuming that it must be something about her or their marriage, Tara would insist that he tell her. She reminded him of his mother, and he responded the way he did with his mother: by withdrawing. To Tara, this felt similar to the way her father behaved. She responded in the same way she did when her father withdrew: by clinging. The struggle between them continued and became more and more intense over time, with Tara demanding more intimacy and Abe demanding more space.

• 長文を日本語に訳してください!(1)

わからないとこが多いので全文日本語にお願いします。 Human beings crave intimacy, to love and be loved. Why then do people feel isolated in their intimate relationships? Four researchers and clinicians, Ayala Malach Pines, Shirley Glass, Lisa Firestone and Joyce Catlett, discuss the alienation that affects so many people and how to overcome it. We need to be close to other people as surely as we need food and water. But while it's relatively easy to get ourselves a good meal, it is difficult for many of us to create and maintain intimacy with others, particularly with a romantic partner. There are many variables that affect the quality of our relationships with others; it's difficult to pin it on one thing or another. But in this article, based on a symposium held at the 2000 American Psychological Association convention in Washington, D.C., four mental health professionals discuss their ideas about how we sabotage our intimate relationships--and what we can do to fix them.

• 少し長いのですが、日本語で教えていただけませんか?

以下の文を自分で理解できなかったので、アメリカ人の友人に「簡単な英語で説明してくれる?」とお願いしました。 それが、その下の英文です。どうしてそのような訳ができるのか?わかりません。彼は日本語ができませんので、解説できません。 どなたか、解説していただけませんか?  ”As the man moved to embrace her, the woman said, 'Take your hand off me for a moment. There are two ways now before us, and I ask you to choose one of them.'He asked her what she meant, and she replied, 'If we have a friendship in which we play wei-ch'i and drink together, then we will be able to spend thirty years in each other's company; but if we indulge in the pleasures of the bedchamber, we can be together only six years. Which do you choose? And the man replied, 'Let's tald it over again in six years' time.'" Yet P'u Sung-ling was delighted too by the naivete of the scholar so deep in his books that he had never realized there was such a thing as sex until,initiated by a beautiful woman, he rushed out to tell all the neighbors. P'u Sung-ling は、中国の田舎の知識人です。 Yet以下の英文を簡単な英語に意訳してもらったのが以下の英文です。 どうしてこうなるのか、教えてください。 なんとなく解るのですが、自分だけで読んだら読めませんでした。 よそしくお願いいたします。 The scholar was very innnocent and didn't know anything about sex. but once he was approached by a beautiful woman, and he experienced sex, he rushed to tell everyone about his great descovery of something everyone knew about. This story amused P'u Sung-ling.

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

どなたかお分かりになれば翻訳をお願いします! You have the star of Pisces the celestial fish setting over the western horizon. Anyone with Pisces on their seventh house will have a cross to bear in relationships. In love you have lacked real relationships. You have loved the shadow not the substance. Escapist romance, in love with love, your dreams, not the real person. You tend to choose impractical people to love. Those who are perceptive, idealistic full of tenderness, but who in the end may be weak, indecisive and elusive. You are easily manipulated by partners who play on your feelings and emotions. You have a deep feeling nature, and you have made sacrifices. You know the pain of love. Something in you has died for love, or loneness, many times. Partners who have been elusive, weak or out of reach who seemed to promise you something but then disappear like the mist. Like a dream. You long for something real and lasting and this time you’ll find it.

• 長文を日本語に訳してください!(1)

よくわからないので、よろしくお願いします。  When I was a very small boy I was made to learn by heart certain of the fables of La Fontaine, and the moral of each was carefully explained to me. Among those I learnt was The Ant and the Grasshopper, which is devised to bring home to the young the useful lesson that in an imperfect world industry is rewarded and giddiness punished. In this admirable fable (I apologize for telling something which everyone is politely, but inexactly, supposed to know) the ant spends a laborious summer gathering its winter store, which the grasshopper sits on a blade of grass singing to the sun. Winter comes and the ant is comfortably provided for, but the grasshopper has an empty larder : he goes to the ant and begs for a little food. Then the ant gives him her classic answer : 'What were you doing in the summer time?' 'Saving your presence, I sang, I sang all days, all night.' 'You sang. Why, then go and dance.' I could not help thinking of this fable when the other day I saw George Ramsay lunching by himself in a restaurant. I never saw anyone wear an expression of such deep gloom. He was staring into space. He looked as though the burden of the whole world sat on his shoulder. I was sorry for him : I suspected at once that his unfortunate brother had been causing trouble again. I went up to him and held out my hand. 'How are you?' I asked. 'I am not in hilarious spirits,' he answered. 'Is it Tom again?' He sighed. 'Yes, it is Tom again.' 'Why don't you chuck him?You've done everything in the world for him. You must know by now that he's quite useless.' I suppose every family has a black sheep. Tom had been a sore trial to his for twenty years. He had begun life decently enough: he went into business, married, had two children. The Ramsays were perfectly respectable people and there was every reason to suppose that Tom Ramsay would have a useful and honourable career. But one day, without warning, he announced that he didn't like work and that he wasn't suited for marriage. He wanted to enjoy himself. He would listen to no expostulations. He left his wife and his office. He had a little money and he spent two happy years in the various capitals of Europe. Rumours of his doings reached his relations from time to time and they were profoundly shocked. He certainly had a very good time. They shook their heads and asked what would happen when his money was spent. They soon found out: he borrowed. He was charming and unscrupulous. I have never met anyone to whom it was more difficult to refuse a loan. He made a steady income from his friends and he made friends easily. But he always said that the money you spent on necessities was boring; the money that was amusing to spend was the money you spent on luxuries. For this he depended on his brother George. He did not waste his charm on him. George was a serious man and insensible to such enticements. George was respectable. Once or twice he fell to Tom's promises of amendment and gave him considerable sums in order that he might make a fresh start. On these Tom bought a motor-car and some very nice jewellery. But when circumstances forced George to realize that his brother would never settle down and he washed his hands of him, Tom, without a qualm, began to blackmail him. It was not very nice for a respectable lawyer to find his brother shaking cocktails behind the bar of his favourite restaurant or to see him waiting on the boxseat of a taxi outside his club. Tom said that to serve in a bar or to drive a taxi was a perfectly decent occupation, but if George could oblige him with a couple of hundred pounds he didn't mind for the honour of the family giving it up. George paid.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします

英文翻訳をお願いします But always know there is more to a woman than her looks in my opinion. If a man gets too caught up on a woman's looks he gets blinded and can never truly see the real woman inside, which makes him and the woman live in a false reality. But once the man and woman truly see eachother for who they are and accept eachothers differences then that's where a true relationship begins, whether it's good or bad.

• 長文を日本語に訳してください!(2)

よくわからないので、よろしくお願いします。 For twenty years Tom raced and gambled, philandered with the prettiest girls, danced, ate in the most expensive restaurants, and dressed beautifully. He always looked as if he had just stepped out of a bandbox. Though he was forty-six you would never have taken him for more than thirty-five. He was the most amusing companion and though you knew he was perfectly worthless you could not but enjoy his society. He had high spirits, and unfailing gaiety, and incredible charm. I never grudged the contributions he regularly levied on me for the necessities of his existence. I never lent him fifty pounds without feeling that I was in his debt. Tom Ramsay knew everyone and everyone knew Tom Ramsay. You could not approve of him, but you could not help liking him. Poor George, only a year older that his scapegrace brother, looked sixty. He had never taken more than a fortnight's holiday in the year for a quarter of a century. He was in his office every morning at nine-thirty and never left it till six. He was honest, industrious, and worthy. He had a good wife, to whom he had never been unfaithful even in thought, and four daughters to whom he was five to a little house in the country where he proposed to cultivate his garden and play golf. His life was blameless. He was glad that he was growing old because Tom was growing old too. He rubbed his hands and said. 'It was all very well when Tom was young and good-looking, but he's only a year younger than I am. In four years he'll be fifty. He won't find life so easy then. I shall have thirty thousand pounds by the time I'm fifty. For twenty-five years I've said that Tom would end in the gutter. And we shall see how he likes that. We shall see if it really pays best to work or be idle.' Poor George! I sympathized with him. I wondered now as I sat down beside him what infamous thing Tom had done. George was evidently very much upset. 'Do you know what's happened now?' he asked me. I was prepared for the worst. I wondered if Tom had got into the hands of the police at last. George could hardly bring himself to speak. 'You're not going to deny that all my life I've been hardworking, decent, respectable, and straightforward. After a life of industry and thrift I can look forward to retiring on a small income in gilt-edged securities. I've always done my duty in that state of life in which it has pleased Providence to place me.' 'True.' And you can't deny that Tom has been an idle, worthless, dissolute, and dishonourable rogue. If there were any justice he'd be in the workhouse. 'True.' George grew red in the face. 'A few weeks ago he became engaged to a woman old enough to be his mother.And now she's died and left him everything she had. Half a million pounds, a yacht, a house in London, and a house in the country.' George Ramsay beat his clenched fist on the table. 'It's not fair, I tell you, it's not fair. Damn it, it's not fair.' I could not help it. I burst into a shout of laughter as I looked at George's wrathful face, I rolled in my chair, I very nearly fell on the floor. George never forgave me. But Tom often asks me to excellent dinners in his charming house in Mayfair, and if he occasionally borrows a trifle from me, it is merely from force of habit. It is never more than a sovereign.

• 長文を日本語に訳してください!(2)

よくわからないので、よろしくお願いします。翻訳機ではないものでお願いします。 For twenty years Tom raced and gambled, philandered with the prettiest girls, danced, ate in the most expensive restaurants, and dressed beautifully. He always looked as if he had just stepped out of a bandbox. Though he was forty-six you would never have taken him for more than thirty-five. He was the most amusing companion and though you knew he was perfectly worthless you could not but enjoy his society. He had high spirits, and unfailing gaiety, and incredible charm. I never grudged the contributions he regularly levied on me for the necessities of his existence. I never lent him fifty pounds without feeling that I was in his debt. Tom Ramsay knew everyone and everyone knew Tom Ramsay. You could not approve of him, but you could not help liking him. Poor George, only a year older that his scapegrace brother, looked sixty. He had never taken more than a fortnight's holiday in the year for a quarter of a century. He was in his office every morning at nine-thirty and never left it till six. He was honest, industrious, and worthy. He had a good wife, to whom he had never been unfaithful even in thought, and four daughters to whom he was five to a little house in the country where he proposed to cultivate his garden and play golf. His life was blameless. He was glad that he was growing old because Tom was growing old too. He rubbed his hands and said. 'It was all very well when Tom was young and good-looking, but he's only a year younger than I am. In four years he'll be fifty. He won't find life so easy then. I shall have thirty thousand pounds by the time I'm fifty. For twenty-five years I've said that Tom would end in the gutter. And we shall see how he likes that. We shall see if it really pays best to work or be idle.' Poor George! I sympathized with him. I wondered now as I sat down beside him what infamous thing Tom had done. George was evidently very much upset. 'Do you know what's happened now?' he asked me. I was prepared for the worst. I wondered if Tom had got into the hands of the police at last. George could hardly bring himself to speak. 'You're not going to deny that all my life I've been hardworking, decent, respectable, and straightforward. After a life of industry and thrift I can look forward to retiring on a small income in gilt-edged securities. I've always done my duty in that state of life in which it has pleased Providence to place me.' 'True.' And you can't deny that Tom has been an idle, worthless, dissolute, and dishonourable rogue. If there were any justice he'd be in the workhouse. 'True.' George grew red in the face. 'A few weeks ago he became engaged to a woman old enough to be his mother.And now she's died and left him everything she had. Half a million pounds, a yacht, a house in London, and a house in the country.' George Ramsay beat his clenched fist on the table. 'It's not fair, I tell you, it's not fair. Damn it, it's not fair.' I could not help it. I burst into a shout of laughter as I looked at George's wrathful face, I rolled in my chair, I very nearly fell on the floor. George never forgave me. But Tom often asks me to excellent dinners in his charming house in Mayfair, and if he occasionally borrows a trifle from me, it is merely from force of habit. It is never more than a sovereign.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

. As these orders were being dispatched, a report came in from Dallas that Ali Muntar had been captured, but this information did not change Chetwode's mind. It was not until some time later that he was informed of the capture of the entire ridge. Chetwode's orders were to break off the action after dark and withdraw. According to Christopher Pugsley, the Anzac Mounted Division "saw victory snatched away from them by the order to withdraw." This decision to withdraw was puzzling to many of those fighting in and near the town, as the infantry held Ali Muntar and 462 German and Ottoman army prisoners, including a general who was a divisional commander. They had also captured an Austrian battery of two Krupp 77mm field guns, along with a complete convoy. However, the whole attacking force was withdrawn to Deir el Belah and Khan Yunus on 27 and 28 March. The first units to withdraw were the slow moving wheels and camels, which received their orders at 17:00 from Desert Column. They move back to Hill 310 via Sheikh Abbas.

• 英語を日本語に変えてください。

An old woman appears and calls to them. The old woman says goodbye to them and goes away. A big dinner comes out of the box. I want to have some good wine with it. The husband and wife take the box to the king. The king hears their story and asks each of his three ministers for advice. What a great idea. 以上の7つの英文を日本語に変えてください。 全部答えてくれた人をベストアンサーにしたいと思います。