• 締切済み

大学の英語の教科書の文なのですが、従属節を抜き出せ

大学の英語の教科書の文なのですが、従属節を抜き出せという問題です。 辞書などを使って考えたのですが、文が長くて複雑なせいかうまく訳せません。 助けていただけないでしょうか・・?少しでもいいのでおねがいします。 I thought it best that I sould begin by telling all that I have related here on the subject of Uncle George,and his disappearance from home.Myhost listened with a very sad face,and said,when I had done:-- ”I can understand your anxiety to know what I am authorised to tell you,but pardon me if I say first that there are circumstances in your uncle's story which it may pain you to hear ---"he stopped suddenly.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。ジョージおじさんについて、また彼の家出についてここで言ったこと全部をお話しすることから始めるのが一番いいと思った。(何層もありますが 「that 以下」と言えばいいんじゃないですかね) 2。わたしのホストは非常に悲しい顔で聞いて、私が終わり、と言うと 3。「私があなたに話してもいいと言われているのが何か、とあなたが心配しているのは分かる。(what 以下」 4。でも前もって断っておくが、おじさんの話にはあなたが聞いて苦痛を感じるような部分がある、、、」晴れは急に口をつぐんだ。(3から4にかけての「」全部)

回答No.1

that I sould begin by telling all that I have related here on the subject of Uncle George,and his disappearance from home when I had done what I am authorised to tell you if I say first that there are circumstances in your uncle's story which it may pain you to hear 従属節= 関係詞、接続詞、疑問詞(間接疑問文)で始まる”ひとかたまり” って考えると、見つけやすいですよ☆

関連するQ&A

• 大学の数学教科書(英語)の一文がわかりません

The level column is the low end of your range, rounded down to an integer and clamped to the range [0, 50]. If we ignore the clamping, it is a conservative skill estimate in the sense that we are 99.9% confident that you are at least that skillful. 以上です。 特に、If we ignore-のあとがわかりません・・

• どなたかこの文を英語に訳していただけませんか?

どなたかこの文を英語に訳していただけないでしょうか・・・?自分で訳してみたんですが、わからないところが多々あります。 「あなたからの小包届きました。すごくおいしそうなチョコレートだね!どうもありがとう!手紙もとってもとってもうれしかったよ。まさか手紙書いてくれるなんて思わなかったから・・・ 今日その小包を受け取ってすぐ、チョコレートを食べようと思ったけど、もったいなくて食べられなかったよ。食べ始めたらいつかなくなっちゃうから、なんかもったいなくて(笑)でも明日、食べ始めるつもり!あなたのこと考えながら一日一つずつ、味わって食べるね。 あなたが書いてくれた手紙は、かすかにあなたの匂いがしたよ。そのにおいをかぐと、遠くにいるあなたがなんだか身近に感じます。なんか変に聞こえるかもしれないけど! 私も本当に心からあなたに出会えてよかったと思ってるよ。最近あまり話せてなくて寂しいけど、あなたが忙しいのちゃんとわかってるよ。近いうちに、また話せるといいね!楽しみにしてます。 早くあなたに会いにイギリスに行きたいよ!!!! 体に気をつけてね。」 自分でなんとか訳してみたのは。。 I got a parcel from you. The chocolates look delicious, Thank you so much! And I feel happy to get your letter too. I didn't think you would write letter to me. Your letter has your smell! I smelt it and it feels like you are close to me. It might sound weird though!! I really think I'm happy to have met you. II miss you as we have not spoken lately but I know you are busy . I hope we can talk soon. I look forward to it. I would love to go to England to meet you soon!! Take care... わからないところ多々あるので、添削もしくは英訳よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I care so much about you I care about you more than I can say. And that caring and that feeling have a meaning that is more precious and more special to me than I can explain. But let me try to tell you this... Stying ''I care'' means that I will always do everything I can to understand. It means that I will never hurt you. It means that you can trust me. It means that you can tell me. What's wrong. It means that I will try to fix what I can,that I will listen When you need me to hear,and that ~even in your most difficult moment ~all you have to do is say tha word,and your hand and my hand will not be apart. It means that whenever you speak to me,whether words are spoken through a smile or theouge a tear... I will listen with my heart. I do care about you... In a very special wey. メッセージカードの柄としてあったので気になりました。お願いします

• フレンズこの1文!

I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease. この1文を文法的な解説を含め解読お願いいたします。 文脈は、タバコをやめろよ、とチャンドラーがジョーイやロスに言われているシーンです。 JOEY: Do you have any respect for your body? ROSS: Don't you realise what you're-you're doing to yourself? CHANDLER: Hey, y'know, I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease. The bottom line is, smoking is cool, and you know it.

• 英文を日本文に・・・。お願いします。

英文を日本文に・・・。お願いします。 アメリカの友達からのメールです。 訳してもらいたいです。 It is OK! You wrote back so that is fine :) I am working on my Japanese was it good? I am glad we can continue to be friends :D When does your summer break start? It would be best to come next summer so that you can get your airplane ticket and passport. You can come here next summer during your summer break :D. Summer break in America is 2 1/2 months!! I will show you around Washington DC and Bethesda two of the richest cities in america :D!! I live in Bethesda. It is right next to Washington DC USA is a really fun place to be! We can go shopping and everything :D Please ask your mother and your father if it is OK and we will arrange plans! 長くてすいません。 お願い致します。

• 英語の歌詞

Looking into your eyes my why's are answered I become inspired in your words and my home is on your skin What tender love, my devotion, you came to be my religion My sweet emotion I regret nothing It was worth it, what was necessary to be with you, my love You are a blessing The hours and the life by your side, nena Are there to be lived but by your way At a good time Because it was worth it, it was worth it... I see you and I convince myself that you had to arrive After the storm I can anchor myself on your bosom here And be more myself, again myself, and my illusion for a flag And see whether I love you, that for love I give myself ある歌の歌詞です。 意味が良く分かりません。 別れの歌ですか? ご回答お願いします!

• 節,I believe の文

He manages to do it, I believe. という文があります。 これは、He manages to do it,I believe. → I believe (that) he maneges to do it. という倒置みたいな慣用表現があるのでしょうか?それとも、単に、コンマによって、接続詞的に2つの文がつながっているだけで、「彼は、なんとかそれをやりとげると、私は信じる」のように、コンマ=「と、」が接続詞のようになってるだけですか?

• [英語]()に当てはまるもの教えて下さい><

1. John : Do you have the time? Ellen : () John : I asked you what time it is now. (1) Go ahead. (2) One moment, please. (3) I beg your pardon? (4) I don't know about it. 2. George : I don't think I can attend the meeting tonight. Ben : () George : I have a terrible stomachache. (1) What's wrong? (2) What about you? (3) What do you say to it? (4) What happened to it? 3. Clerk : We don't sell cell phones here. You'll have to go to the phone store. Rick : () Clerk : That's simple. Go out the door, turn to the left and go straight, and you'll find it on this side of the street. (1) Is that so? May I go to the phone store? (2) Excuse me. How can I get a cell phone there? (3) I see. Could you tell me how to get there? (4) Would you be kind enough to take me there?

• 英語:従属節だけで完結する文について

英文には、主節が必ずあると教わった記憶がありましたが、 最近こんな英文にで出会いました。 This, however, is not easy, even if it could be done at all. For there are far more working parts to the earth than to a watch or any other precision instrument. 2文目には、主節がなく、Forの従属節の文で終わっているように見えます。このようなことは文法的にあり得ることなのでしょうか? (この場合、全文の理由になっているから、従属節だけでもよい?って解釈をしました。)) 従属節だけの文?は、文法としては間違っているのでしょうか? また、日常(英字新聞やチャットなど)でもよく見かけるでしょうか? 主節が必ずあると教わったせいか、従属節だけで終わっている文を見ると違和感を覚えます。 また、似たような事例を他にも考えてみれば、疑問文で始まる文も主節が無いように見えます。 例えば、 Why is our earth the kind of planet (that) it is? これにも主節がありません。 疑問文は日常ありとあらゆる場面で出会うにも関わらず、 「主節が必ずある」というルールに反しております。 これにも何か理由があるのでしょうか? 主節:接続詞のついていないSVのかたまり 従属節:接続詞がついているSVのかたまり  と認識しております。 英文引用:「英文長文ハイパートレーニングレベル2」の1題目より

• 英語の文で質問です。

英語の文で質問です。 The donation you made to that charity can be deducted from your US incom taxes. という文のmake to thatは何ですか?なんと訳すのでしょうか?