• 締切済み

ロシアとの戦争

ロシア人のブログにコメントしようと思っているのですが、英語に 自信がありません 僕の言いたい事の意味は通じるでしょうか? よろしくお願いします 上がロシア人、下が僕のコメントです ・ War with Japan? Russian media are full with messages about threat from Japan. Newspapers describe Japanese military force. Blogs are screaming about conflict over four islands north from Japan. Some say that japanese businessmen were warned at the embassy about urgent evacuation. I wonder what do japanese people hear in the news about it? And how much war is possible do you think? *************************************************:: Japan is not so stupid to fight against a new nuclear-weapon state, but many Japanese people have a keen interest in that territorial dispute. It all began in 1945, when the Soviet Union attacked Japan two weeks after Japan accepted the Potsdam Declaration. Well, I have a question. In a soccer game in Russia, ten minutes after the final whistle, if some player shoots in the goal, will that goal count in the score?

• PW227
  • お礼率75% (55/73)
  • 英語
  • 回答数6
  • ありがとう数5

みんなの回答

回答No.6

Hi all, I am Russian and I'd like to discuss the issue. First of all, you are insisting that the Soviet Union "illegally occupied" the Kuril islands, "after Japan accepted the Potsdam Declaration". You should consider the following facts: 1. The Soviet-Japanese Neutrality Pact (日ソ中立条約,) which you may refer to in order to substantiate that the islands were occupied illegally, was denounced on April 5th, 1945. 2. The Potsdam Declaration was issued on July 26th, 1945. On July 28th, the Japanese government rejected the ultimatum. The Soviets joint the Declaration on August 8th, and then declared war on Japan. 3. Japan accepted terms of the Potsdam Declaration on August 14th. But the Japanese Instrument of Surrender was signed on September 2nd, 1945 only. Do you call it illegal to declare war before the Instrument of Surrender is signed. In case you want to find something 'illegal' in actions of the parties invloved, you'd better think of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor without declaring a war. Or 日露戦争 would be another example. As for occupation of the islands which you consider original territories of Japan, the issue is disputable. I would like to discuss it a little bit later. I have many friends in Japan; and it is sad to see how the Japanese people are being brainwashed by the USA - the country which in fact occupied their land by locating military bases in Okinawa, and the country which committed a war crime when dropped A bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki cities. Or you might be persuaded these acts were made by Russians, too? As for my point of view, I would like to have the Northern territories' issue resolved as soon as possible. Hope the solution will be found in the nearest future. Your comments would be appreciated. Best regards, FarEasterner P.S. As for your reference to soccer game, it looks somewhat awkward, sorry )

PW227
質問者

お礼

Thanks for your interesting message. Sorry, I haven't logged in on here for weeks. First of all, we deeply apologize that we called it illegal. Thanks for you, we have learned a lot. But you didn't mention one important thing. Like you said, Soviet declared to broke The Soviet-Japanese Neutrality Pact on April 5, 1945. However, according to the promise they made, if either of the countries wanted to break it, that country was supposed to notice one year in advance. So the pact was effective until April 5, 1946. Okay, I will say again "Their act was LEGAL". Are you satisfied? Yes, as you mentioned, Japan attacked Pearl Harbor without a declaration of war. We are very deeply ashamed of it. Some Japanese like the U.S. and some dislike the U.S. There are wide variety of opinions in Japan. Our nation is not so simple like you said. Sorry for my bad English. All the best. P.S. I agree with you! I too think that analogy of soccer game was awkward. I should have wrote it as follows: "Just before the final whistle, a person came down to the field from the stands..." Hahaha

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.5

あ、たびたびすみません、#2&4です。またまた英語表現に関して何ですが、「we Japanese(あるいは○○人)」という言い方は国際社会では嫌われています。ゆがんだナショナリズムを思わせるし、「あんたは何億人かの代表なの?」という、それこそ「なにさま?」と反応されます。お使いになるのは自由ですが、使えば本当に伝えたいことも伝わらなくなりかねないという点はご承知ください。ちなみに、もとの投稿者の英文の調子からは、ケンカを煽っている様子はうかがえません。

PW227
質問者

お礼

おっしゃる通りかもしれません  領土問題のに関連する事ゆえに少し興奮してしまったようです。。(汗) 御意見、アドバイス ありがとうございました また今度、英語について質問した時はどうぞよろしくお願いします

• ucok
回答No.4

#2ですが、すみません、前回の回答を書いたあとで確かに語弊があったなとは思っていたんです。「核による抑止力を正当化している」のがいけないのではなく、核の抑止力の正当性を示唆しているがゆえに、核の保有を肯定しているようで、被爆国ではない国々からは誤解を招くのではないかと感じたんですよね。私なら、なにも、ここでわざわざ「核」を持ちださなくても、「日本は憲法ゆえに、自衛はしても攻撃はできないことになっている」という点を強調するなと思って。もっといえば、核があるだけで攻撃を免れるなら、どこの国だってロシアに砲撃しないという論理にもなりかねないので。 余談ですが、ビジネスマンが帰国を促されているのは、在ロシア日本大使館に生卵をぶつけられるなどの事件があったため、ロシア側の攻撃の激化をおそれてのことだと、日本では一般的に解釈されていると思います。「在ロシア大使館 卵」などで検索するとニュースがヒットしますよね。もとの投稿者は「日本ではどう報道されているか」を問うているわけなので、まさにこういうことこそ伝えたいものです。どちらの言い分が正しいかは別として、国による報道の違いが誤解を生むのは事実ですから。 以上、「英語」というカテゴリーから逸脱しない程度に回答したつもりです。

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.3

とてもよく書けて増すので、追加すべき点はないと思いますが、一寸だけブラッシュアップのつもりで書き始めましたが、大体露助に向かって道理を説いても詮無いこと、途中まで書いて徒労感のみ残りましたが、折角書いたのでまーお慰みに、、、、 We Japanese are mature and well educated enough not to resort to any kind of military action or ignorant campaign to the issue. What we know and what you don't know or what you pretend not to recognize is the simple fact that the four islands were illegally occupied by the Soviet Union two weeks after Japan made an unconditional surrender following the Potsdam Declaration. It was exactly like a non-sense international soccer match in which Russia won the draw game by a goal one minute after the opposite team had returned to the dressing room for a break. Unreasonable is unreasonable how far you may go. We are firmly determined to keep on insisting our rightfulness on the issue. We will never give them up, never.

PW227
質問者

お礼

おおぉ! 僕の英文は子供の作文レベルですけどmabomk さんのは大人の英語って感じで、すごく勉強になります  We Japanese...って書き出しも「日本人のオレ様達はな・・・」って偉そうな感じでいいですね^^

• ucok
回答No.2

「戦争にはならないだろうが、領土問題には皆、関心がある」という趣旨のことをサッカーに喩えてお書きになっているのは、よく通じるはずです。ただ、ちなみに、相手が言う「I wonder what do japanese people hear in the news about it?」の部分には回答していませんよね。それから余談ですが、まったく個人的な見解を述べさせていただくと、そのように書くと、なんだか核による抑止力を正当化しているようにも感じてしまいますが。

PW227
質問者

お礼

なるほど! アドバイスありがとうございました 核については僕も世界中からなくなった方がいいと思います・・・ただ肯定、否定、どちらの立場に立つにせよ現実には抑止力として機能していると思うのですが

回答No.1

よく通じると思います。 after Japan surrendered to the Allied Powers by accepting the Postdam、、、とするとポツダム宣言のなんたるかを知らないロシア人でも理解しやくするなるかもしれませんね。

PW227
質問者

お礼

アドバイスありがとうございます さっそく直します

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳が分からず困っています

Do you think that Japanese people that live in Japan are just like Japanese that live in America or overseas? 海外の友人から送られてきた文です。だいたい言っていることは分かるんですが…just likeについてと、3つのthat のあたりがいまいち理解できません。 どなたかお分かりでしたら、教えて下さると嬉しいです・・・!

• 英検対策です。

Some people say that large cities should have more trees to make the environment better.What do you think about that?? These days,club activities at some schools have become less popular.Do you think clua activities are necessary for school education?? yesで応えて理由を~‥ Some people say that it is difficult to reduce the amount of fuel and energy we use. What do you think about that?? Some people say that young people today do not eat enough healthy food.What do you think about that?? In Japan,there are many shops selling secondhand goods.Do you think these shops will become more poplar in the future?? yesで応えて理由を~‥ 参考にしたいのでよろしくお願いします。 2~3行で構わないです!!

• 和訳を...

5. What foods do you like to eat :D ? 6. Which foods do you not like D:< ? 7. What do people in the US eat that you think is gross? 8. Explain how you perceive your own culture in Japan: 9. What are some of the things you love about your culture in Japan? (traditions, values, practices etc.) 10. What do you think the US and Japan have in common?

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Signs that say ‘Japanese Only’ and ‘No Foreigners’ are just the most visible things that people notice in Japan.”

• この英文の和訳が分かりません教えて下さい。

Millions of people are using cell phones today. In many places it is actually considered unusual not to use one. In many countries, cell phones are very popular with young people. They find that the phones are more than a means of communication-having a mobile phone shows that they are cool and connected. The explosion around the world in mobile phone use has some health professionals worried. Some doctors are concerned that in the future many people may suffer health problems from the use of mobile phones. In England, there has been a serious debate about this issue. Mobile phone companies are worried about the negative publicity of such ideas. They say that there is no proof that mobile phons are bad for your health. この英文の和訳が分かりません教えて下さい。できればいやくはしないでください。

• 和訳して下さいm(_ _)m

Yes very much, people of japan are hard working, they have their own and beautiful culture and traditions:) also as much i know, they are of helping nature too and i don't think there is any reason that one shouldn't like japan. Although good and bad people are everywhere but in fact after my country i like japan most in this world. What do you think about India? 和訳して下さいm(_ _)m

• 至急です!明日英検なので英作文添削お願いします!

明日英検2級なので最後に書いた英作文の添削をお願いします!添削だけでもいいのですが、可能であれば点数も教えていただけたら嬉しいです! TOPIC Some people say that Japanese people do not need to study English. Do you agree with this idea? I do not agree with the idea that Japanese people do not need to study English. I have two reasons. Firstly, people should speak English in myself in the future. In fact, the technology deveroring in Japan now and we can use the trans ration software. However, smiling or reaction is important for communication. Secondly, studying English can learn about foreign culture. Many people thought studing English is important for comunication. However, learning English provider a good opportunity considering foreigh culture, In conclusion, I strongly agree this my opinon.

• 急いでいます。和訳お願いします!!

下記の質問を和訳しなくてはいけないのですが私の英語力ですと時間がかかりすぎてしまいます。 どなたか教えていただけますよう宜しくお願いします。 ABOUT YOU: ○○ is one of the most successful resuaurant in Tokyo. What are the keys factors that you’ve implemented to the menu and restaurant to make it such a hit? How have you adapted your menus for Tokyo diners’ preferences? What do you enjoy the most about being a chef in Tokyo? As a chef have you ever tried something that you thought would be a hit but Japanese diners have not responded to? And vice-versa, has something in your restaurant been a hit in Japan that would not work elsewhere? DINING TRENDS: What dining and food trends are you seeing in Tokyo at the moment? How has dining out / the restaurant scene changed in Tokyo over the last five years? TOKYO RESTAURANTS: How do Japanese diner’s expectations compare to other cities in the world? (E.g., do they have high expectations from the chef, where the ingredients are from, the restaurant setting, the theme, trends, etc.)? What do you think makes Tokyo such a great culinary destination (for tourists who don’t live in Tokyo)? There are over 200,000 restaurants in Tokyo. What do the best restaurants need to do to stand out or get solid reputation? How important is it for Japanese diners to have menus that change seasonally? Does ○○ cater to this? TRADITIONAL JAPANESE CUISINE: Is has been said before that many young Japanese chefs prefer to study western cuisines instead of traditional Japanese cuisine. How true do you think this is? Is it a problem? How do you feel about the popularity of Japanese food around the world? Are you proud that so many people are eating Japanese food? Is Japanese food the same outside of Japan as within? Is the popularity of Japanese food globally changing traditional Japanese cuisine? E.g. Californian rolls were created in California and then were adapted by the Japanese. Has this happened in other areas? ○○ attracts foreign customers, foreign chefs and wait staff. Does this have an impact

• 英語の手紙…間違いが無いかチェックして下さい!!!!(結構長いです↓

挨拶の文を入れると800字超えちゃうので、挨拶無しで失礼ですが、チェックお願いします。 Dearest greandpa and grandma Hello. This is ***(私の名前). I haven't seen you guys for such a long time. Do you remember the day you were telling me that you want to come to Canada someday? I watched the movie about Canada today and found some similarities and differences between Canada and Japan, so I'll tell you what those were, so when you come to Canada, you'll at least know some similarities and differences of Canada and Japan!! First of all, Canadian people enjoy the winter sports while not many Japanese people do that. Although we have snow in Japan, we don't really enjoy having the snow. However, Canadian people enjoy it and do some winter sports like dogledding, canoeing in the iced water or sking. I think you guys can watch people doing that and have fun with that. Second, there is a lot of nature in Canada while there is not much nature in Japan. When I was watching the movie, I realized that there is green everywhere in Canada. I know that you guys like to go hiking where natures are alive, so you can do that in Canada easily. Finally, I found one similarities between Canada and Japan! There are a lot of lakes, livers and sea in Japan and Canada! You guys like the view of lakes or rivers, right? So so you can do that in Canada just like you do in Japan! I hope those informations help you to visualise Canada and made you feel want to come Canada! Then, I hope I'll see you soon. Take care.

• 英文添削お願いします

英語再勉強中ですが、なかなか思ったように文書ができているのか疑問です。 よろしければ、一部でもかまいませんので、添削をお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。 開国したころ、時代は明治へと変わった。 この時代の目標は、不平等条約の改正だった。 そこで、外国から日本が近代国家として認められる為に、GDPの50%を費やして軍事力を強化すると共に、近代国家に相応しい都市づくりを行った。 その結果、当時の日本人は厳しい生活を送ったが、日本はロシアとの戦争に勝利し、その目的を達成した。 この奇跡が日本を第二次世界大戦へ向かわせたと思うが。 ご存じのように、その後、日本は戦争に敗れ、5年間占領された。 その後、日本はアメリカに次ぐ経済大国となったが、現在の日本の国力は年々減少している。 今、本当に厳しい時である。 About after opening this country, an era changed Meiji. The goal in this era was that it would revise the unequal treaties. So they had strengthened the military power spending 50 percents of GDP and had built a city which was worth as a modern country in order to make foreign countries admit Japan as one of modern countries. The result why the then Japanese had had a difficult life, Japan won a war against Russia and got the goal. I think this miracle made Japan proceed to WWII. As you know, after that Japan was beaten and occupied for 5 years. After that, Japan would be an economic power following the US. But now the power of Japan has been decreasing year after year. It’s a really hard time in Japan now.