• ベストアンサー

この短文の訳をお願いします

There are as many as one hundred fifty of dogs. as many as は日本語としてはどういう表現が自然なのでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 39rhye
  • ベストアンサー率60% (9/15)
回答No.1

このas many asは、その直後に出てくる数字を 「こんなにたくさん!」と強調する表現で 「(数字)もの○○」と訳すことが多いです。 なので今回は、「150匹もの犬がいます」です。

spaider01
質問者

お礼

そういうニュアンスなんですね、よくわかりました、ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• この文を日本語にしてください。

この文を日本語にしてください。 1 There are many people who need assistance dogs. Most of them can't get one, because there are not many assistance dogs. 2 Even an assistance dog like Kenny can't go into many restaurant and shops. 3 Some are afraid of dogs. 4 Why can't my aunt go into such places with Kenny when she wants to do so? よろしくお願いします。

• お願いします

中学の英訳問題です。 「動物園には約100種類の動物がいます。」を英訳を 自分は There are about one hundred kinds of animals in the zoo. としましたが。 模範解答は 「There are about a hundred kinds of animals in the zoo.」と one が a になっていました。 私の解答ではダメでしょうか。お願いします。

• 英語の誤記入箇所を訂正し,訳をしなさいというところでつまずいています。

英語の誤記入箇所を訂正し,訳をしなさいというところでつまずいています。 Even though may of the passages are set down more than fifty year ago, they remains as pertinent with modern student as on the day they had written. The humor, philosophy, and down-to-earth wisdom of these succinct selections bring Osler back to the wards of the hospital as no tribute or account of his life could never do. という文の中に誤りが7カ所あります。 これを正しい文章に直して適切な日本語訳をしなさい。 との問題でした。 1:may of passages がmany of passages 2:are set down が were set down 3:fifty year ago が fifty years ago ということが判りましたが後は恥ずかしながらわかりません。 どなたが英文法読解が得意な方,ご助言頂ければ幸いです。 よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 英文訳

日本語訳を教えて下さい Despite a measure of industrialization,many of industrializing agrarian societies citizens,a majority in some societies , are as poor as the common people ever were in traditional agrarian societies.

• 短文の日本語訳お願いします。

移民についての短文ですが、上手く訳すことができず、困っています。 日本語訳をお願いします。 I believe immigration is the body and soul of America. It is a cornerstone value of our nation that constantly renews its greatness. But today,our immigration system is in crisis. It is estimated that there are now over 11 million illegal immigrants is the United States, 1.7 million of whom are children. Because of a shortage of visas, many immigrant families are forced apart. Husbands and wives, parents and children,and brothers and sisters are unable to reunite. This system allows unscrupulous employers to ignore the law and to use undocumented workers as cheap labor. It's time to face the facts: our immigration system is badly broken and we have to find a practical but fair solution to fix it.

• 英語の質問です。よろしくお願いします。

下記の文章の(   )に、(A)(B)(C)(D)から適切な語を選ぶという問題なのですが、 There are ( ) 500 different species of just this one type of fish. (A) many (B) as many (C) too many (D) as many as 正解は(B) as many なのですが、何故(D) as many as ではダメなのですか? 初歩的な質問ですみませんが教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。 文章はアフリカのヴィクトリア湖についての文章で、前後を含め大体の意味は 「ヴィクトリア湖は珍しい湖で比較的新しい湖なのに、魚の種類もとても豊富で 生態系はもっともっと古くからある湖のよう」みたいな感じの主旨のパッセージの一文です。

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Contrary to what many women apparently believe, there are guys out there who don’t actually crave sex all the time. I’m one of them. I know more guy friends and relatives than not who are similar. I know more guy friends and relatives than not who are similar.の訳をよろしくお願いします

• of ~が伴う英語の数字表現

たとえば、50人がその場にいて、there are fifty of themという表現があります。 of themという限定句は50人全部という意味を強調しているのでしょうか。それとも何か特別なことを意味しているのでしょうか。

• 日本語訳

Sometimes there are so many salmon in the river that the ones at the edge are pushed out onto the riverbank. 日本語訳、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の訳をお願いしたいのですが。

教科書の英文なんですが、どうしてもうまく訳せないところがあったので お願いします。 There are many layers of rock and clay below the surface of the ground. 上の文です。よろしくお願いいたします。