Do you believe in luck for success or hard work to achieve what you really want?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • When it comes to success, it depends on how you define it. Public recognition, record sales, and popularity can all be considered measures of success in the music industry. The process of achieving these goals can involve a mix of luck and hard work. Luck plays a role in being at the right place and having the right opportunities at the right time.
  • Living outside of France in Belgium offers a fresh perspective and a different way of understanding the world. Being able to see things from an outside point of view can provide new insights and angles. In the past two years, the author has been touring different countries, experiencing different cultures, and gaining valuable experiences.
  • The expression 'It makes one understand the world from a slightly different angle' implies that living in a different country allows for a broader understanding and perspective of the world. It suggests that being outside of one's home country can bring about a different way of looking at things and gaining a unique outlook on life.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文解釈 この流れであっているかどうか質問です。

Do you believe in luck for success or hard work to achieve want you really want? It depends on what you call success. Usually, we speak about the public recognition, how many records you sell, how many people come to your shows, how many articles you have in the musical newspapers. I don't know how this stuff comes. Maybe luck can be part of it: the luck to make the good thing at the good place, at the right moment. Q1 まずI don’t know how this stuff comes.ですが、これは流れから察するに 「それら(何枚レコードを売ったのかとか)がどのくらいのものかなんて知らんよ」みたいなニュアンスであってますか? Q2 Maybe~ここは運についてのまとめだと思いますが、 レコードが何枚売れたかとか、そういた“成功”に対しては、運も、1つの要素として必要かもねという解釈で、そのあとコロンでつないで詳しく説明。 然るべきタイミングで、然るべき場所で、良い作品を作る事が出来るというのが運が良いというものさ。 みたいなニュアンスであってますか? ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― Now I am happy to live outside of France, in Belgium. It's good to try to see things from outside after a while. It makes one understand the world from a slightly different angle. In the past two years I've been touring in different countries,………… 現在、フランスを出てベルギーに住んでいる事がうれしくてね。しばらくの間は、物事を外側から見ようとする事も良い事さ。It makes one understand the world from a slightly different angle.過去2年間… Q3 It makes~は使役ですか? One がthe world from a slightly different angleをunderstandさせる。という解釈ですか? Q4 それと、in the past two years.ですが、過去二年というのは、どこの2年間かはこの状態ではわからないですか?それとも、ちょうど二年前から今日までを指すのでしょうか? past /p*st; p**st/→*→* *a 1a 過ぎ去った, 昔の, これまでの; 終わった; 過ぎたばかりの; 【文法】 過去の. ・for some time past ここしばらくの間; かねてから. ・in past years 先年. ・the past month 前月; この一か月. ・the past tense 過去時制. ここから察するに、二年前から今日までの2年間を指すと思うのですが・・・。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

My answers: Q1: It's not just about the record sales. It's generally about who decides the standards for the measurement of success in general. Q2: Yes, definitely. Q3: Do you know what "it" refers to? Look at the words this person says: "try to see things from outside after a while." Beware that an interviewee is living outside her/his home country. To put it in a different way, people can understand what is going on around themselves with such experience (i.e., living in a foreign country for a while). Q4: That's right.

sleepetcetc
質問者

補足

皆さんレスありがとうございました。 jpintexasさん、英語でのアドバイスだと違った感覚で理解する事が出来ました。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

>Q1 まずI don’t know how this stuff comes. 「こういったことがどうしたら(どのように)起こるのかはわからない」ということではないでしょうか。come = happen の意味だと思います。 >Q2 Maybe luck can be part of it: the luck to make the good thing at the good place, at the right moment. 「レコードが何枚売れたかとか、そういた“成功”に対しては、運も、1つの要素として必要かもね」というより「レコードが何枚売れたかとか、そういったことが起こるには運もあるかもね」といった感じではないかと。「運が必要」とまでは言ってなくて「運がその一部」とのことですから。 で、その「運」についての説明がコロン以下ですので、通しで訳すと「それには運もあるかもね。然るべきタイミングに、然るべき場所で、良い作品を作る運さ」みたいな感じでどうでしょう。 >Q3 It makes~は使役ですか? One がthe world from a slightly different angleをunderstandさせる。という解釈ですか? It makes one understand the world from a slightly different angle. 使役ですが、one にthe world を a slightly different angle からunderstand させる、という解釈ですね。 >Q4 それと、in the past two years.ですが 過去2年というのは、今から2年前から現在までですね。続く文が現在完了ですので明確です。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈の質問

Please contact us if you wish for these documents to be made available in a different format (large print etc.) and we will endeavour to accommodate your request. という文なのですが、 下の if you wish for these documents to be made available in a different format   という部分は、 if you wish that these documents are made available in a different format. と言い換え可能でしょうか? 変な質問ですみません。 どなたが教えていただけますと、助かります。

• 英文解釈について質問があります。(2) 12/3

In how much were the experiences from your solo- and collaborational efforts directly beneficial to this process? Stefan Németh: I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. This sometimes means that you have to find out where the weak points in your track are. Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. But in the end this gives me a much better feeling with the final version. Florian Kmet: I refined the recording process, improved my gear and the use of different instruments during the work on my last solo CD and other projects. Personally, I come back to lokai with a clear head, when I have done something fruitful with another project. Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. 1.疑問文のIn how muchの部分の文法の構造を教えて下さい。 2.I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. この文章のproductionsのあとのthatは関係代名詞ですが、productionはどこに入るのでしょうか? 意味は、何曲かを通して学ぶ事が出来たと思う。その何曲かというのは、自分が満足するために本当に真剣にトライするべき何曲ってことだよ。 こういうことが言いたいのでしょうか? 3.Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. この文章ですが、if you are~と even if~に対する主文はどれでしょうか?it is about being~ ここですか? それと全体の意味はどうなりますか? 4.Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. この文章のcosmosですが、これは「秩序、調和」と解釈し、特別な音の秩序に通じるさらなる空間を感じる。そしてその細かい1つ1つ、それと構造上で作業をする事を楽しんでいるよ。 なにやらいまいちつかめないですが、解釈はこの方向で合ってますか?

• 英文解釈について質問があります。 12/3

Next to electronics, you used a lot of objects from your immediate surrounding. How did building rhythms from the heating system work, for example? This was relatively easy. I was usually sitting next to the heating system, when we had a rehearsal. By accidentally hitting it, I found out that it gives a nice sound, similar to an oil barrel. And that´s what it actually is: a big metal tank with a nice resonance body. One just needs to use a fine drum stick and you can play a rhythm. That´s what we did. We played it live and after some editing (we are not drummers) it was done. In addition we made an overdub with a few single hits to make the rhythm a bit more organic. 上記の英文にある、 And that´s what it actually is: a big metal tank with a nice resonance body. One just needs to use a fine drum stick and you can play a rhythm. この部分ですが、ここで言いたいのは「実はそれってさ、まさに良い感じの大きな金属のタンクってやつだった。適切なドラムスティックがあれば、それでリズムを叩ける。」こういう事を言いたいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を訳してください

You must use email to help you build relationships, not break them. You will not be doing this if you write in a different style to how you speak. You could undo all your good work on the phone by emailing in a different and more formal way.

• 英文解釈

下記の英文の"a rarity "以下がわかりません(文の切れ目、意味など)。 わかる方がいらっしゃいましたら教えてください。 That's still true in many parts of the United States. But in some places, life expectancy has leveled off or even dropped slightly - a rarity in a developed country and, public health officials say, a cause for alarm. ■補足 【前後の文】 A baby born in America in 2009 could expect to live an average of 78 years, according to estimates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). That's still true in many parts of the United States. But in some places, life expectancy has leveled off or even dropped slightly - a rarity in a developed country and, public health officials say, a cause for alarm. A study in the Journal of Health Metrics shows the United States now ranks behind 10 other developed countries when it comes to life expectancy, even though Americans spend more on health care than people in most other countries. 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/health/Life-Expectancy-Declining-In-Large-Parts-of-US-124128694.html

• 英文解釈について質問があります 12/5

The title of the album(Transition) indicates that it could be a passage to something even different. So where, do you feel, is this „transition“ leading to? evenをどう解釈すればいいでしょうか?even自体に苦手意識がついてしまっています・・・。 基本的には下記の意味でいいですか ”Transitionというアルバムタイトルはsomething even differentに通じる道かもしれません” (transitionが変化を表す意味のため。)

• 英文解釈

下記の文中の"You get to a point where you say," はどう解釈すれば良いか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。 "You get to a point where you say, 'Is this fishery viable any longer? Is it worth it for me to go out and catch a handful of fish?'" --補足-- 【前後の文】 It was a good day for Ed Tavasieff. He pulled in 390 kilos of Dungeness crab from his pots outside the Golden Gate. Tavasieff said he is worried that California’s new plan for ocean sanctuaries will soon reduce his catch. "You get to a point where you say, 'Is this fishery viable any longer? Is it worth it for me to go out and catch a handful of fish?'" 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/California-Bans-Restricts-Fishing-in-Marine-Areas-114939769.html

• この英文であっていますか?

英訳文があっているかどうか、どなたか見ていただけないでしょうか。 「バレンタインデーの過ごし方って国によって全然違うみたいですね。あなたがいつか日本に来たら、きっと日本のバレンタインデーが気に入ると思いますよ。遅くなったけどあなたにバレンタインカードをe-mailで送っておきました。」 英訳文は ↓ です。 It seems like it's different from country to country how you spend St. Valentine's Day. If you come to Japan, I think you will like the Japanese version. It's a little too late, but I sent you a card by e-mail. どなたかよろしくお願いいたします m(_ _)m

• 英文解釈で

こんにちは you should notice how readily your Doctors call in an expert or how much resistance they give to call one in・・・ という文なのですがthey give toの toが何なのかわかりませんgive to という熟語か目的語になる不定詞なのか または全然別なものか・・・  お助けください

• 英文解釈について質問があります。

英文解釈について質問があります。 CNNのサイトです。 http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/10/21/congo.noteboook/index.html The one thing you're never prepared for every time you come back to Eastern Congo is how beautiful it is. これは、The one thing is how beautiful it is.が基本構造でしょうか? you're以下は関係代名詞 ちょっと意味がわからないですが・・・。 毎回コンゴに戻ってくるあなたにとって意外な物事といえば、それ(the one)はなんて美しいのだろうかということ。 At night the fishermen row home across Lake Kivu singing in Swahili, lanterns waving from the bows that arch across the top of their canoes. 夜、漁師たちはスワヒリ語で歌いながらカヌーを漕いでkiyu湖を横切り、家に向かう。 この次が構造的にわからないです。lanterns waving from the bowsまでが現在分詞の文で、bowsの関係代名詞としてarch across the top of their canoesですか? archの意味と全体の意味がわからないです。 Even when you wind up through the hills, driving past Congolese army camps and watching for any signs that the militias are on the move, you still get distracted by the sugar cane sellers and the drooping red bell flowers growing wild by the roadside. 構造的にはwhenの副詞節で、 driving から on the moveまでは挿入? whenに対する文はyou still でしょうか? 全体の意味とeven と stillの働きがわかりません。 よろしくお願いいたします。