Survivors of USS Indianapolis Discuss the Ethics of Dropping the Atomic Bomb

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The survivors of the USS Indianapolis often face questions about the morality of dropping the atomic bomb.
  • Many of the survivors believe that dropping the bomb saved lives, including the lives of their family members.
  • The students who heard the survivors' stories gained a new perspective on the issue and learned the importance of considering multiple viewpoints.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英訳お願いします。

ニュースサイトの記事ですが、いまいち下の部分が理解出来ないので英訳をお願いします。 The question USS Indianapolis survivors often hear, Belcher said, is whether they believe dropping the bomb was wrong or not. "As Americans we look at things from our perspective," Belcher told students. "My mother will say, if we hadn't dropped the bomb her and her sister would have all died. Dropping the atomic bomb saved her life." Belcher had two things he wanted students to walk away with: that they can make a difference, and to always look at a situation from every side. "I thought it was very interesting that he told it from his dad's perspective and his mom's," said seventh-grader Moses Farley. "I've never had anyone talk to me like that."

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

カテゴリーが違う!  辞書を引けば分かる!

関連するQ&A

• 時制の一致で教えてください。

時制の一致で、Tom said to her, "I saw your parents".(直説法)をTom told her that he had seem her parents.(間接法)にする際、どうして間接法でもtoldではなくsaid toを使ってはいけないのでしょうか?回答宜しくお願いします。

• 英訳…お願いします

何度もすみません; タイトルの通りなんですが、英文を訳していただけませんか? This also has a number of function : to elicit feedback from the students about their experience , to provide feedback to the students on how they had done , to correct errors that the teacher might have noticed in the course of the instructional sequence , and to get students to reflect on the task and engage in self-evaluation. 英語が苦手なため、訳せません;; 「:」や「,」がたくさんあって、文の構成もどうなっているのか、よくわかりません;; 英語が得意、詳しい方、どなたか訳していただけませんか? お願いします;;

• カジュアルな英訳お願いします(その22)

英訳宜しくお願い致します。 1 昨日の夜、娘から家内の携帯に、渡すものがあるから今から行くよとメールがあった。 Last night, my daughter sent to mail to my wife's cellular phone which told that she have a gift, so I'll go to your condo right now. 2 家内と私はなんだろうと思っていた。  My wif and I wondered what she would bring to us. 3 娘がバレンタインの手作りの小さいケーキとクッキーを私と家内と、息子に渡すようにと  わざわざ持ってきてくれた。14日はバレンタインなんだぁ・・・  She brought expressly some litlle cakes and cookies for me,my wife and my son. She said to my wife that one of these cakes and cookies give to my son. It's a Valentine's Day on 14th. (14日がバレンタインなんてすっかり忘れてた感情がうまく訳せません) 4 なにも、せっかくの休みに朝から作らなくてもいいのにと思った。  I thought that she had precious holiday,and she made cakes from morning. I thought that she didn't need make cakes and so on. (全体的にうまく訳せませんでした) 5 家内は彼のために作ったついでにわたしたちのも作ったのよと言った。  娘も「もちろん」と言った。でも嬉しかった。  My wife said to me that she made cakes and so on for her boyfriend,and incidentally made for us. My daughter said to us" Off cource!!". But I was happy. 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 1.He said to me , "I have not heard anything about this news." =He told me that he had not heard anything acout that news. 2.He said to me ,"I fell asleep during the lesson today."="He told me that he had fallen asleep during the lesson that day. 3.Arnold Schwarzenegger told a Toronto newspaper that his Catholic faith does not impact his decisions as governor of California.

• この英文の構造は?

Samantha told us of the things that had interested her サマンサは我々に彼女の関心を引いた物事について話した that以下の構造がよくわかりません 宜しくお願いします

• 直接話法から間接話法 命令文をつなぐ

Mother said to my brother, "Go to your room and think about what you have done." →Mother told my brother to go to his room and ( to ) think about what he had done. ( to )はいりませんよね? 文が結ばれたときは、thatの省略ができないのは承知しています。 文法書で見つけられなかったので 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳の分からないところお願いします。

Gary was clear about what had caused the problems-that Robbie was turning up at rehearsals clearly the worse for wear. "At one point in the dance sequence, Robbie had to throw Jason backwards, and you are thinking that, if Robbie's not up to that, Jason could break his neck." he said. *Gary, Robbie, Jason=ロックバンド、テイクザットのメンバー Garyは何が問題を引き起こしたかについて良く分かっていた。 Robbieはリハーサルに明らかに酔っ払って姿を現していた。 「ダンスの動きの中で、Robbieは?????? もしRobbieがそうしなかったら、Jasonは 首の骨を折っていただろう」と彼は言った。 Robbie had to throw Jason backwards, and you are thinking that, のところが分かりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 回答宜しくお願いします!!

• 和訳をお願いします!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 宜しくお願いします!

• The Dark Glassesから

Coming to the edge of the lake we paused to look at our reflections in the water. It was then I recognized her from the past, her face looking up from the lake. She had not stopped talking.  I put on my dark glasses to shield my eyes from the sun and conceal my recognition from her eyes.  "Am I boring you?" she said.  "No, not a bit, Dr Gray."  "Sure?"  It is discouraging to put on sun-glasses in the middle of someone's intimate story. But they were necessary, now that I had recognized her, and was excited, and could only honourably hear what she had to say from a point of concealment. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 ●It was then I recognized her from the past, her face looking up from the lake. her faceは I recognized her face looking up from the lakeという繋がりですか? ●and could only honourably hear what she had to say from a point of concealment. ここの意味がよくわかりません。 隠蔽のポイントから彼女が言う必要があることを見事に聞くことができるだけでした? どういうことを言っているのでしょうか? from a point of concealmentは直前のsayにかかるのでしょうか? それともhearですか? 教えてください。お願いいたします。