英文解釈について質問があります。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「Transition」はセンセーショナルなアルバム、質問内容を解説
  • ライブでのムード再現は練習で可能、場所の重要性も
  • 音楽のバージョンは場の状況により変化する
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文解釈について質問があります。 12/4

To me, „Transition“ is an almost tender album, which very much relies on a sense of breath and a precise placement of elements. How do you see the possibility of recreating this mood in a live setting? Stefan Németh: The precise placement is hopefully something we can achieve by simply practicing. This special mood is for sure another question. With this kind of music it seems it is important that you are pretty much aware of where exactly you perform it. We found out: Some locations are just wrong. It must be a room and a light setting which helps to create this intimate feeling. Think of a theater stage: the audience sits in a convenient way and is not distracted. Their focus is on the stage, the lights go down, your senses are sharpened. Under these conditions it can work. For sure, you don´t find this everywhere. In addition to this scenario, we play with a drummer - Bernhard Breuer, from Vienna - on some occasions. This gives the whole set an extroverted effect. For me it is always interesting to see that the same piece can work in two versions. There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. And I am happy that we can choose between the trio and the duo version. 1.質問文についてですが、 私にとって「Transition」は”もろい”と言っても差し支えのないアルバムです。 which very much~の文のa sense of breath がどうもはっきりとわからないのです・・・。 2.With this kind of music it seems it is important that you are pretty much aware of where exactly you perform it. この文章についてですが、with this kind of musicまでが副詞句ですよね。 主文はそれ以降で、主語はit seems のit であってますか? 意味がはっきりとはつかめないのですが・・・。 3.There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. この意味がはっきりとわかりません。 「いいとか悪いじゃなくてさ、・・・・・・」 以上3点よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。「もろい」もいいのですが「繊細な」「優しい」と言う感じですね、だから「息の使いよう」「要素要素を正確にどこに置くか」といった微妙な扱いが必要だ、ということではないでしょううか。 2。こういった音楽では、演奏する場所がどんな所かということをよく把握している事が大切なように思える。  おっしゃる通り it が主語だと思います。 3。(音楽の)バージョンの善し悪しではなく、聴衆、演奏の場所、演奏者、相互間の実際の場での関係の問題だと思う、  ということではないかと思います。

sleepetcetc
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。参考になりました。ほかの皆さんもありがとうございました。

sleepetcetc
質問者

補足

レスありがとうございます。 皆さんのレスを参考にさせて頂きました。 1ついまだにわからない部分があります。 There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. これですが、「いいバージョンも悪いバージョンもない。それは現状についての事なんだ。つまり、オーディエンスと空間とミュージシャンの事だ」 直訳するとこうなりますが、この文章を通して一体何が言いたいのでしょうか? オーディエンスと空間とミュージシャンの事が2つの異なるバージョンを作らせた。ということですか?

その他の回答 (2)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.3

#2.です。前回の続きです。 We found out: Some locations are just wrong. 場所によってはとにかくだめってのもあるって気づいたよ。 It must be a room and a light setting which helps to create this intimate feeling. この親密な感覚を作りだすのに役立つのは部屋や照明のセッティングには違いないからね。 Think of a theater stage: the audience sits in a convenient way and is not distracted. 劇場のステージを考えてよ:お客は楽に座っていて気が散ることがない。 Their focus is on the stage, the lights go down, your senses are sharpened. 彼らの焦点はステージにある、照明が落ちて、感覚は研ぎ澄まされる。 Under these conditions it can work. こうした状況で効き目があるんだ。 For sure, you don't find this everywhere. 確かに、こういった物はどこにでもあるって訳じゃないからね。 In addition to this scenario, we play with a drummer - Bernhard Breuer, from Vienna - on some occasions. このシナリオに加えて、何度か私たちはウィーン出身のバーンハルト・ブロイアーと言うドラマーと演奏するからね。 This gives the whole set an extroverted effect. これがセット全体に外向的な影響を与えるんだ。 For me it is always interesting to see that the same piece can work in two versions. 私にとっては、同じ曲が2つのヴァージョンの働きをするのを見るのはいつも興味深いけどね。 There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. 良いヴァージョン、悪いヴァージョンなんて無いんだ、聴衆、部屋、ミュージシャンと言う実際の状況って事になるんだと思うよ。 And I am happy that we can choose between the trio and the duo version. それに私たちはトリオとデュオの2つのヴァージョンを選択出来て私はハッピーさ。

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

To me, "Transition" is an almost tender album, which very much relies on a sense of breath and a precise placement of elements. 私には『Transition(変遷)』は、かなり気を使うアルバムに思えます、だってこのアルバムは、とても息継ぎの感覚と要素の正確な配置に頼ってるんですから。 ..., which very much relies on ... = ..., because it [="Tender"] very much relys on ... と頼る物が多いと理由を述べていますから、tender はあまり「プラス」の意味ではない様ですね。以下のURLの(形)6.の意味あたりではないかと思うのですが。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/tender/UTF-8/?ref=sa また a sense of breath の breath は音楽関係の文ですので「息継ぎ」と訳してみました。楽譜の「V」の記号で表わされますよね。 http://my.reset.jp/~anima/kkk/clef/index.html How do you see the possibility of recreating this mood in a live setting? ライブの状況で、このムードを再現する可能性についてはどう考えますか? Stefan Németh: The precise placement is hopefully something we can achieve by simply practicing. ステファン・ネメス:正確な配置って言うのは、できればだけど、とにかく練習して達成できる物だよね。 This special mood is for sure another question. この特別なムードは確かにまた別の問題だよ。 With this kind of music it seems it is important that you are pretty much aware of where exactly you perform it. この種の音楽に関しては、正確にどこで演奏するかって事をかなりわかってるってことが重要だって思うんだ。 it seems の it は確かに主文の主語ですが、it seems [that] ... で「~の様に思える」と言う意味を指す「曖昧な it」ですし、次の it is important の it も that you are pretty much aware ... を指す形式主語の it ですから、大切なのは that you are pretty much aware ... と言うことになります。 ちなみに、文頭の with は次の前置詞B.2. の用法でしょう。 http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/with *** 字数の関係で、次に続けます。

関連するQ&A

• 下記英文をもっと深く理解したいです。 12/11

以前もこの文章について質問をしましたが、もっと深く理解したいです。 ”つまり何が言いたいのか?”それを知りたいです。 To me, „Transition“ is an almost tender album, which very much relies on a sense of breath and a precise placement of elements. How do you see the possibility of recreating this mood in a live setting? The precise placement is hopefully something we can achieve by simply practicing. This special mood is for sure another question. With this kind of music it seems it is important that you are pretty much aware of where exactly you perform it. We found out: Some locations are just wrong. It must be a room and a light setting which helps to create this intimate feeling. Think of a theater stage: the audience sits in a convenient way and is not distracted. Their focus is on the stage, the lights go down, your senses are sharpened. Under these conditions it can work. For sure, you don´t find this everywhere. In addition to this scenario, we play with a drummer - Bernhard Breuer, from Vienna - on some occasions. This gives the whole set an extroverted effect. For me it is always interesting to see that the same piece can work in two versions. There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. And I am happy that we can choose between the trio and the duo version. 答えの最後から3行目のThere is no good or bad version,~and the musicians. までの解釈でつまづいています。一体何を言いたいのか? そのままや訳すと、 「良いバージョンや、悪いバージョンがあるということではないよ。それは、現在の状況についての話に見える。つまり、オーディエンス、空間、そしてミュージシャンという関係についての話だ」となりますが、ここから何が言いたいのか? この人が言いたい事は、オーディエンス、空間、そしてミュージシャンという関係があり、その結果、2つのバージョンが生まれた、ということでしょうか?だから良いバージョンとか悪いバージョンとかそういう話ではないと・・・。そういう解釈であってますか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります。

下記英文の解釈ですが、これであっているでしょうか?よろしくお願いいたします。 Do you consider it important that more young people care for classical music? If so, how, do you think, could this be achieved? Anne Salié: Sure it is important. It is our audience we are talking about. And how to get young people in concerts? First of all, don‘t cancel music education in schools. Teach everybody an instrument, wherever his talents may lie, at least for a short time. And most importantly - teach with fun. If you enjoy what you're doing, others will, too. Xenia Kourkoumeli: This is a point where every musician would agree! Youth is power and the power of the classical music can move and reach the young people if only the organisators and programmdirectors would present classical concerts in new contexts - meaning extraordinary venues, new modern campaigns for festivals etc. Q1 It is our audience we are talking about. この文章ですが、まずここで言いたい事は 「私たちのオーディエンスは年寄りばかりで、私たち(この人たちは3人組のグループ)はそのことについて話あっている」ということですよね? ・Itとは、若者がクラシック音楽に触れる事。 ・Our audience と we are の間にはwhichがあり、aboutの後ろに先行詞のour audienceが入る。 「若者がクラシック音楽に触れる事という問題は、まさに私たちオーディエンスに対して言える事で、私たちはそのことについて話し合っているのよ。」 という訳文であってますか? Q2 そして次の行のTeach everybody an instrument, wherever his talents may lie, at least for a short time. Whereverですが、これは接続詞ですか? ランダムハウス ━conj. 【1】(…するところは)どこでも;(…の場合は)いつでも:つまり、 「どんな場合でも、才能が転がっている可能性があるわ」 つまり、 「どこでも、才能が転がっている可能性があるわ」 ↓ 「才能はどこに転がっているかわからないから」 こういった解釈であってますか? よろしくお願いいたします。あと、この文章についてあと2つ疑問があります。

• 英文解釈について質問があります。 12/3

Next to electronics, you used a lot of objects from your immediate surrounding. How did building rhythms from the heating system work, for example? This was relatively easy. I was usually sitting next to the heating system, when we had a rehearsal. By accidentally hitting it, I found out that it gives a nice sound, similar to an oil barrel. And that´s what it actually is: a big metal tank with a nice resonance body. One just needs to use a fine drum stick and you can play a rhythm. That´s what we did. We played it live and after some editing (we are not drummers) it was done. In addition we made an overdub with a few single hits to make the rhythm a bit more organic. 上記の英文にある、 And that´s what it actually is: a big metal tank with a nice resonance body. One just needs to use a fine drum stick and you can play a rhythm. この部分ですが、ここで言いたいのは「実はそれってさ、まさに良い感じの大きな金属のタンクってやつだった。適切なドラムスティックがあれば、それでリズムを叩ける。」こういう事を言いたいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります 11/26

In a way, it may have been this inspiring because you approached the sessions without too much pressure, happy to recording „nothing“ if nothing presented itself. How do you balance this attitude with the underlying idea and perhaps even urge of recording an album? Would it have been an option to actually end up with „nothing“? この質問が何を意図しているのかいまいちわかりません。おそらく本題はHow do you balance this attitude with the underlying idea and perhaps even urge of recording an album? Would it have been an option to actually end up with „nothing“? ここだとはおもうのですが・・・。 ”どうやってこの「なにもしない」というアイデアと、レコーディングしたいという欲求とのバランスをとったのですか?「何もしない」というのは選択だったのでしょうか?” この文章は、何が言いたいのかというと、「何もしないということでセッション時のプレッシャーから解放された。何もしない事と、レコーディングの欲求とどうやってバランスをとっているのでしょうか?」こんなことを言いたいのでしょうか? I guess it would have, yes. At some point we stopped pressuring ourselves to get it out and ready. This was just because it didn´t happen that way, and not because of hours and hours of zen practice... And you're right, that contained a certain potential for "nothing". But we are lucky, and we have a new album out, with a label we really like a lot ! こちらはその質問に対する答えです。 その答えは、「イエス」と言えるだろうね。いくつかの点で、俺たちは自分自身にプレッシャーをかけるのをやめたんだ。(get it out and readyがピンとこない) This was just because it didn´t happen that way, and not because of hours and hours of zen practice... それと、君は正しいよ。 「なにもしない」ってことはある種の可能性を秘めているからね。 しかし、俺たちは運が良いね。新しいアルバムを本当に好きなレーベルから発表出来るなんてね。 この文章に対しても、やはり自分の解釈はギクシャクしてしまいます。 なーんとなく、何をやりとりしているのかはわからなくもないです。しかし、こまかく1つ1つ見ていくと矛盾が生じます。「あれ、っていうかホントに俺が今想像しているやりとりであっているのだろうか?」 単語の意味、文法の構造などで、すぐに”迷い”が生じます・・・。どうすれば確信を持った解釈が出来るのだろうか。「結局は何を言っているのかは本人にしかわからない。だが、この英文を読む限り絶対にこうに違いない」という確信を皆さんはどこで持っていますか?もう長い間そこで悩んでいる気がします・・・。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります 2

You could have just continued down with your solo efforts. What made you come together for a new Lokai album nonetheless? I like to work with Stefan a lot. For me it´s a very unique way of creating music. At the same time, we are both continuing with our solos. My second solo album is almost ready. I am looking for the right place to release it right now. It is called KMET and it´s an electronic Singer-Songwriter project. In the studio I write, record, play and sing it all. Also on stage, it works as a one man show with the support of a little live sampler. I think with "transition", lokai have found their very own sound and aesthetic. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. We have very different personalities (even though some people think we are brothers) and this can be quite fruitful. With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. Complete musical freedom and variety are aspects I can entertain as a solo artist. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. この一文は倒置?でしょうか? もともとはどうなるのでしょうか? With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. 結構この人の文章では、with~, というのがありますが、これは上記の場合Lokaiでは、という風に訳せばよいでしょうか? その次のit's の it はthat以降ですよね。That certain sounds or structures will not fit is clear.その次の文章がわかりません。soは後のthatと因果関係があるのでしょうか? それと、上記とは別に This second album was really a lot about getting our own "lokai sound". この文章ですが、 シンプルな構造にすると this second album was getting our own lokai soundということでしょうか? そうすると、aboutがうまく解釈できないのですが・・・。 以上となります。長いですがよろしくお願いいたします…。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります 1

What's on your schedule at the moment? Doing release-related work for lokai, like getting the website ready, spreading the word about the release, doing lots of finetuning with the live versions of the pieces. With this program, it is an even more refined and live process. Next to that, I am finishing my second KMET soloalbum, doing some live Shows in Spain with Fatima Spar & the freedomfries, and also working on the trio exklusiv album. With this program, it is an even more refined and live process. この部分の解釈ですが、with this programというのは、finetuning云々のことをさしているのですよね。 それと、live processがうまく解釈できません。 refined process and live processということでしょうか?このliveは品詞は形容詞ですか? というか、live processがなければかっちりはまるのですが・・・。 You could have just continued down with your solo efforts. What made you come together for a new Lokai album nonetheless? I like to work with Stefan a lot. For me it´s a very unique way of creating music. At the same time, we are both continuing with our solos. My second solo album is almost ready. I am looking for the right place to release it right now. It is called KMET and it´s an electronic Singer-Songwriter project. In the studio I write, record, play and sing it all. Also on stage, it works as a one man show with the support of a little live sampler. I think with "transition", lokai have found their very own sound and aesthetic. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. We have very different personalities (even though some people think we are brothers) and this can be quite fruitful. With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. Complete musical freedom and variety are aspects I can entertain as a solo artist. まずthe support of a little live samplerのa little live samplerですが、a は冠詞でlittleは小さい、つまり、ライブ用の小さいサンプラーというふうに解釈しているのですがどうでしょうか。 (サンプラーというのは、まぁともかくそういった”楽器”のようなものがあります)

• 英文解釈について質問があります。(2) 12/3

In how much were the experiences from your solo- and collaborational efforts directly beneficial to this process? Stefan Németh: I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. This sometimes means that you have to find out where the weak points in your track are. Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. But in the end this gives me a much better feeling with the final version. Florian Kmet: I refined the recording process, improved my gear and the use of different instruments during the work on my last solo CD and other projects. Personally, I come back to lokai with a clear head, when I have done something fruitful with another project. Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. 1.疑問文のIn how muchの部分の文法の構造を教えて下さい。 2.I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. この文章のproductionsのあとのthatは関係代名詞ですが、productionはどこに入るのでしょうか? 意味は、何曲かを通して学ぶ事が出来たと思う。その何曲かというのは、自分が満足するために本当に真剣にトライするべき何曲ってことだよ。 こういうことが言いたいのでしょうか? 3.Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. この文章ですが、if you are~と even if~に対する主文はどれでしょうか?it is about being~ ここですか? それと全体の意味はどうなりますか? 4.Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. この文章のcosmosですが、これは「秩序、調和」と解釈し、特別な音の秩序に通じるさらなる空間を感じる。そしてその細かい1つ1つ、それと構造上で作業をする事を楽しんでいるよ。 なにやらいまいちつかめないですが、解釈はこの方向で合ってますか?

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります。

続きです。 Do you consider it important that more young people care for classical music? If so, how, do you think, could this be achieved? Anne Salié: Sure it is important. It is our audience we are talking about. And how to get young people in concerts? First of all, don‘t cancel music education in schools. Teach everybody an instrument, wherever his talents may lie, at least for a short time. And most importantly - teach with fun. If you enjoy what you're doing, others will, too. Xenia Kourkoumeli: This is a point where every musician would agree! Youth is power and the power of the classical music can move and reach the young people if only the organisators and programmdirectors would present classical concerts in new contexts - meaning extraordinary venues, new modern campaigns for festivals etc. Q3 . If you enjoy what you're doing, others will, too. このwillは自動詞であってますか? ランダムハウス ━v.t.,v.i.* *文語**代動詞として*(…)したいと思う: Go where you will. 行きたいところへ行きなさい つまり、 「もし、あなた自身が楽しんでいるならば、若者も求めるわ」という訳です。 この解釈であってますか? Q4 Youth is power and the power of the classical music can move and reach the young people まず、「若さは力」で、the powerとtheがついていますがこのtheはどう解釈しますか?前の文章を受けて、「若いという力」ということであってますか?(個人的にはそうは思わないですが・・・。) 【6】*総称用法*…というもの. 「クラシック音楽の力ってやつは」みたいな感じですか? そして次の文ですが、andがありますが、 the power of the classical music can move the young people. the power of the classical music can reach the young people. という事ですか? これだと、順番通りに解釈すると「若者を動かして、届く」という事になってしまいます。 私のイメージだと、「クラシック音楽のもつパワーが若者に届いて(reach)、彼らを突き動かす(move)」となるのですが・・・。そこで引っかかっています。つまり、なぜmove reachの順番なのだろうかと。この順番である限り、私の訳文は間違っていると思うのですが・・・。 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります2

(Q1)You don’t want the music to dictate to the audience how to feel about it. ああその通りだ。俺にとってはインストゥルメンタルミュージックってのは凄くクールな音楽だ。歌詞が存在している音楽よりもいくらかはテーマがぼやけちまうのは確かだがね。(Q2)but what’s cool is when that vague concept solidifies and then you find someone else in the audience who you don’t even know gets the same feeling about the piece or whatever.言葉でのコミュニケーションが1つのレベルでしか成り立たないのに対し、楽器でのコミュニケーションはいろんなレベルで成り立つ。(Q3)I’ve always thought what’s weird about music is how it’s privileged as this art form, and because of that, it’s sort of been imprisoned. Say someone like Randy Newman, who writes from a character’s perspective, is always being misunderstood by people, because for some reason there’s this idea that music is this direct – that whatever you do in music who you truly are, even though all other art forms are allowed to be multi-faceted,違った個性(考え方)で曲を書くことは可能さ。どういうわけか、音楽は他の人々に対して純粋に心を開いているものだと見られるよね。(Q4)Not that I’m saying it can’t be, it just limits what music can be, I think, and imprisons it in a romantic ideal.例えば、Guns ‘n Rosesはある曲をやったときに、皆は「アクセルはレイシストだ」なんて感じになってたな。そうなのかもしれないが、彼は「違う。この曲はレイシストについてではない。(Q5)It’s about a character and it’s about a time where you’re so angry that you’re willing to cross lines and say stuff that you don’t necessarily believe.”」誰一人として彼にそれを許すことはないだろう。「ダメだ。お前はレイシストだ」ってね。俺にはわからんよ。なぜ音楽が様々な視点を持つことが許されないのかがね。一つのやり方でしかコミュニケーションをとることが許されていないんだ。本当に限定されたやり方でね。様々な視点でコミュニケーションをとってストーリーを語る。それが音楽のクールなあり方だ。 Q1からQ5までの英文がわかりません。訳を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。値引きをお願いしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 sorry we can only do 10% off right now. We had said 15% off if you buy over 10 AAA but for this I can do 12% that’s already much higher than what we offer, our AAA are made of leather and we really can’t discount them too much, you can use code BBB , and the minimum order is NNN and it expires this week. Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.