• 締切済み

「エリン・ブロコビッチ」の翻訳お願いします

以下の翻訳をどなたか宜しくお願いします!!「エリン・ブロコビッチ」のインタビューの一部で、副題にもなってます。辞書を引いてもわかりませんでした。 The movie blew my cover. Now when I'm investigating, people say,"We're not talking to you without a lawyer." In other cases, I get what I need quickly. 参照元 http://www.brockovich.com/magazines/time05202002

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.1

「エリン・ブロコビッチ」で検索すれば簡単にわかりますが、これは実在の人物の名前で、この人が実際に起こした訴訟をもとにした映画が、かつて公開されましたよね。それを踏まえれば、訳しやすいはずです。以下をご参照ください。「In other cases」は「それを除けば」くらいの感じでいいでしょう。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/blow+cover/UTF-8/ http://eow.alc.co.jp/investigat/UTF-8/ http://eow.alc.co.jp/lawyer/UTF-8/ http://eow.alc.co.jp/In+other+cases/UTF-8/

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願いします。

Dear Seller, I'm looking at getting one of these sleeves for my daughter's kindle touch. She has one of the amazon covers with the LED light. How snug is the kindle touch in your sleeve? Is there room for the cover as well? Thanks, と、 The dimensions are 7.3 x 5 x 0.6 inches. Do you think one of your other cases would accommodate that? Say, kindle 2 or 3? です。お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いしたいです。

知り合いの外人の方に、音楽を作ってほしいいと頼まれました。そこでこのメッセージがきました。 Hey hope alls well dude. At the moment I'm talking to a director who needs some original music to go with a promo pitch for a brand. I thought of you but just checking if you could do something along the line of: http://youtu.be/nreGNW_bbvU We need music to start out with simple piano,filled with despair, without hope. Then strings come in, giving a sense of hope and overcoming a great obstacle. If you have time in the coming week we'd love to have you on board. Hopefully the pitch will go well and we can get contract work. But will provide more info when I have a meeting tomorrow Let me know 僕なりのざっとな意訳なんですが、上記アドレスの曲のように、シンプルなピアノから入って、途中でストリングスが入って、というのはなんとなく分かるのですが。 お時間がありましたらお願いします。

• We are so far away. の意味について。

こちらのカテゴリでいいのか迷いましたが、質問させていただきます。 We are so far away. と、先日メールで言われました。 そのあとに、 and I am only without girlfriend for 2 months so I need some time and I want to keep talking to you and see you in Kentucky といわれました。 私はアメリカ人の男性と仲良くなりBOYFRIENDになるかならないかの状態なんですが、私はもう日本にいるので遠距離状態です。彼には2ヶ月前に元彼女と別れたようです。あと、私の父は仕事の関係でケンタッキーに住んでるので夏休みにでも会いたい!と日本に帰国するときに約束(?)しました。 英語が全くできない私は『私は遠くにいるから』って意味なのかと思い、もう関係を絶とうと言われているのかと思い、混乱状態です(笑) We are so far away.の意味がわからなくて困っています…どなたかご教授お願いします。

• 「エリン」について

「エリン」について 「アイルランドのエリンのスープカップ」と言う文章を眼にしましたが この「エリン」とはいったい何ですか?

• エリンコート

オークス馬エリンコートの現在の管理調教師は栗東・笹田和秀さんですが、笹田厩舎が3月に開業する前にいた厩舎はどこでしょう。

• 翻訳お願いします

(1)The Secret Language of Dolphins. A mother dolphin talks to her baby ... by telephone! The special call was made in an aquarium in hawaii,where the mother and her two-year-old baby swam in sepatetanks. "It seemed clear that they knew who they were talking to,"says Don White. But what did they say? scientists are studying dolphins all over the world to understand their secret language. They don't understand everything yet, but they're listening .... and learning. Scientists think dolphins talk about everything, even such things as their age and how they are feeling. Scientists think that dolphins say things like "there are some good fish over here," or "watch out for that shark because he's hunting." "Sometimes one dolphin will speak and then another will seem to answer,"says Sara Waller, who studies bottlenose dolphins off the California coast. Sometimes they all talk at the same time-like people at a party. It is difficult to study dolphin speak in the sea because dolphins swim very quickly. Also, it seems that one sound can mean many different things. For example, when they are fighting, dolphins clap their mouths to say "go away!" But they make the same sound when they are playing. It's like humans. When you raise a hand, it might mean hello, good-bye, or stop. Scientists still don't understand everything dolphins say but one day, who knows, maybe you'll get a phone call from a dolphin. (2)Future Energy where will we get our energy? It's a bright sunny day. I put the last solar panel on my roof, I switch t on , and I have electicity. I'm free! Now, I won't have to worry about electric bills or oil prices, and I won't feel guilty about pollution. But what's this? A cloud passes in front of the aun and my lights go out! I'm going to have to start my generator and burn some more gasoline. This isn't going to be easy after all. We are going to have a big energy problem in the future. Today, the world uses 320 billion kilowatt-hours of energy a day. That's equal to about 22 light bulbs burning nonstop for every person on the planet. By 2100 we will use three times as much energy. How will we get the energy? At the moment, we get most of our energy from fossil fuels: coal, oil, and natural gas. But fossil fuels are dirty and they will not last forever. It the long term, we will have to find alternativas. We will need renewable energy. SOLAR POWER On a cloudy day near the city of Leipzig in the former East Germany, I walked across a field with 33,500 solar panels. It produces enough energy for 1800 homes. One problem with solar power is that it is expensive, but the cost of solar will fall as technology improves. "Thirty years ago it was cost- effective on satellites," says Daniel Shugar, president of Powerloght Corporation. "Today it can be cost-effectinve for powering houses and businesses." He tells us that in the future most houses will have solar panels. There are other problems with solar power. It needs a lot of space and, of course, it doesn't work at night. WIND POWER One afternoon I stood in a field in Denmark under a dark, cloudy sky. AndMy solar panels Produce very little energy in this weather. But above me a wind turbine was producing clean, renewable electricity. At the moment, wind power is the best of all the alternative energy sources. But again, there are problems. First, they are ugly; people don't like to see wind turbines in fields. And of course the wind doesn't blow all the time. so, will our grandchildren get their energy from the sun, wind, or some other source? "We're going to need everything we can get from solar, everything we can get from wind," says Michael Pacheco, director or the National Bioenergy Center, part of the National Renewabule Energy Laboratory in Golden, Colorado. "And still the question is-can we get enough?" どんなこと書いてあるか読みたいので 翻訳をお願いします。

• 訳をお願いいたします。

高校英語です。確認したいのでよろしくお願いいたします!! Some point to the 1969 publication of Nathaniel Brandon's The Psychology of Self-Esteem , which highlighted the important nature of self-esteem. The book's back cover warns, "Without positive self-esteem, psychological growth is stunted." Others cite the publication a few years later of I'm OK-You're OK by Thomas Harris. But it turns out that children from Singapore, Japan and Hong Kong - who score at the bottom on self-confidence scales - outperform their American peers, who scored higher on the same scales. Talking with Floridians who were raised outside of American culture reveals additional details about praise in other cultures. よろしくお願いいたします!

• 英会話の翻訳をお願いします。

英会話の翻訳をお願いします。 出演者はこの4人です。 養父   ドラモンド 家政婦  ギャレット 養子の兄 ウィリス 養子の弟 アーノルド *今日ドラモンドさんの家に2人の少年が養子に来ることになっています。  家政婦さんには、その事を言っていません。 状況も併せて書いていきます。 昨日来たばかりの家政婦(ギャレット)さんが、高級なカーペットの掃除をしているところに、 主人のドラモンドさんが後ろから近づいて肩を叩きます。 ギャレットさんがビックリして 「アチャー」と大声で言いながら、 後ろを振り向きつつ空手の構えで威圧します。 その後、ドラモンドさんだと分かって口を抑えながら驚いています。 ドラモンド I didn't mean to startle you. 私はあなたを驚かせるつもりでありませんでした ギャレット Mr.Drummond,It's very dangerous to sneak up behind me. ドラモンドさん、私の後ろにこっそりと動くことは非常に危険です。 I'm going to karate class and I just got an A in kicking-where-it-hurts. 私は空手クラスに行きます。また、私は、蹴るどこでそれ傷でのAをちょうど得ました。 {訳が分かりません} ドラモンド it's these thick carpets. I once lost a small lawyer in this room. それはこれらの厚手のカーペットです。 私は、以前この部屋で小さな弁護士を失いました。 ドラモンドさんがハハハハハと笑います。 ギャレットさんは黙ったままです。 ドラモンド I love a little joke. 私は小さな冗談を愛しています。 ギャレット when they're that little,they need a lot of love. それら(冗談への愛)が少量である場合、(何かに対して)多くの愛を必要とします。 {訳が分かりません}{a little ではなく that little なのかも良くわかりません} ギャレットさんは嫌な顔をします。 ドラモンド The boys will be here any minute.Is their room ready yet? 少年はここに今すぐにも来るでしょう。彼らの部屋はもう準備ができていますか。 ギャレット Oh,yes,sir. There's just one thing left to do. おお、もちろんです。 あと、ちょうど1つの事があります {訳が分かりません leftの所が特に分かりません} ドラモンド And what's that? そして、それは何ですか。 {And はどんな意味があるのか良くわかりません} ギャレット I quit. 私はやめます。 ドラモンド Quit? Oh No. 辞めますか?オーノー No,please,I promise I'll never scare you again. いいえ、辞めないでください、私は、再びあなたを脅えさせないと約束します。 (後ろから近づいた事を言っているのだと思います。) I'll wear a bell around my neck. 私は首にベルを身につけましょう。 (猫みたいなイメージだと思いますがニュアンスが違うかもしれません) ギャレット When you hired me yesterday,you said you had one 13 year old daughter. 昨日私を雇った時、あなたは13歳の娘が1人いたと言いました。 You didn't say anything about two boys coming to live here. ここに住みに来る2人の少年に関して何も言いませんでした。 I don't do windows,and I don't do boys. 私は窓を(掃除)しない、と私は男の子(の世話)をしない。 ドラモンド What have you got against boys? あなたは、男の子達に対して何か(情報を)持っていますか? ギャレット Ther bite. 彼らは噛む。 ドラモンド I'll buy you a tetanus shot. 私はあなたに破傷風の予防注射を買うよ。 ギャレットさんはドラモンドさんに嫌な顔をしながら 黙って帰り支度をしています。 ドラモンド Okay,okay.So I did overlook a little thing like two boys. オーケー、オーケー。私は2人の少年のついて小さい事だと見過ごしていました。 ギャレットさんはバカにしたようににアハハ笑います。(愛想笑い?) ドラモンド Please,Mrs.Garrett,they're orphans. (辞めるのを)やめてください。ギャレットさん、彼らは孤児だ。 Please help me make them feel at home here. 彼らにここが、アットホームに感じるように(家庭を)作る事を助けてください。 I hardly know them. 私は彼らのことをほとんど知っている. ギャレット Orphans? 孤児を? ドラモンド From Harlem. ハーレムから。 ギャレット Harlem? ハーレム? ドラモンド Yes,their mother was my housekeeper for many years. はい、彼らの母親は、長年にわたって私の家政婦だった。 A sweet,wonderful woman. She was like a member of the family. すてきな、素晴らしい女性です。 彼女は家族の一員のようだった。 On her deathbed,she asked me to look after her two boys. 彼女の死の床に、彼女は彼女の二人の少年の世話をするように、私に頼んだ。 They have no relatives that can take them in. 彼らは(下宿人を)置ける親族がいない。 {最後の in がわかりません} ギャレット Are you trying to make me feel rotten? あなたは私が(道徳的に)腐敗したと感じられるようにしようとしていますか? {訳も意味もわかりません} ドラモンド Yes I am. はい私はそう思います。 ギャレット you're doing a great job. あなたは素晴らしい仕事をやっている。 {何に対してか分かりません} ドラモンド Thank you. ありがとう。 ギャレット You are welcome あなたは歓迎されています ドラモンド You see,they're two innocent,sweet,helpless little boys. あなた(なら)分かる(はず) 彼らは罪のない、すてきで無力な助け(救助)を得られないな2人の小さな男の子です。 ギャレット All right,all right,I've been sucked in. 分かりました、分かりました、私が取り入るところです。 {訳が分かりません} 「ピンポーン」 部屋のチャイムがなります。 ドラモンド They're here. 彼らはここに来た。 ギャレット I'll get it. 私はそれ(ドアを開ける)をやりましょう。 ドラモンド NO,I'll do it I'm very good with doors. NO、私がそれ(ドアを開ける)をしましょう、私はドアの扱いが非常に上手です。 ドラモンドさんがドアを開けます。 アーノルドとウィリスの兄弟がいます。 ドラモンド Aha! You're here,Welcome,gentlemen. アハ! ここに来(てくれ)ました、歓迎しますよ、ジェントルメン。 アーノルドとウィリスは自分達の後ろを見て誰かいるのか確認します。 後ろに誰もいないのを確認して。 ウィリス You're talking to us? あなたは私たちに話しかけてるのか? ドラモンド Of course. もちろん。 アーノルド How about that,Willis? それ(ウィリス)はどうですか。 {ニュアンスが良く分かりません} Downtown two minutes,and already,we're gentlemen. ダウンタウンから2分、そして、もう、私たちはジェントルメンです。 ドラモンド Come in.Come in. 入って、入って、 アーノルドが部屋を歩き回りながら アーノルド This is some place. これはある場所です。 {訳が分かりません} このような状況です。 よろしくお願いします。

• エリン・ブロコビッチの主題歌?

ジュディア・ロバーツが出ている、エリン・ブロンコビッチの主題歌を誰が唄ってて、曲名といつ発売されてるか教えて下さい。宜しくお願いします。

• エリンブロコビッチについて

映画「エリンブロコビッチ」を見て、ガツンときました。実在の人物らしいのですが、彼女の現在の状況を どうしても知りたいです。何か情報があれば教えて ください。