It's not by reproaching people for things that you make progress

このQ&Aのポイント
  • “It's not by reproaching people for things that you make progress” is a comment made by Mr Sarkozy during Mr Hu's visit to France.
  • This comment suggests that instead of criticizing others, it is important to focus on positive aspects and see them as opportunities.
  • It reflects the belief that progress can be made through constructive dialogue and cooperation rather than confrontation.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

It's not by reproaching people for

It's not by reproaching people for things that you make progress. これは胡錦濤氏訪仏の際のサルコジ氏のコメントなのですが、いまいち意味がわかりません。 関係が発展しつつある相手を批判すべきではない、的な意味だと思うのですが、性格にはどう訳せばいいのでしょうか?Itは何かを指すのでしょうか? "China should not be seen as a risk but an opportunity," Mr Sarkozy said ahead of Mr Hu's arrival. "It's not by reproaching people for things that you make progress." ■ソース http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11694214

• tzos
  • お礼率59% (16/27)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

it はthat 以下を指すのではないでしょうか。 直訳すると「進展するのは、人々を物事のことで非難することによってではない」ということで、相手を非難することからは何の進展も生まれない、という意味になるかと思います。

tzos
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。勘違いをしていたことが良く分かりました!

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

it は that 以下を指していて、  直訳すれば「貴方が進歩するのは、物事について人を批難する事によってではない」  意訳すれば「進歩は、人を叱ってするものではない」「人にケチをつけても進歩にはならない」

tzos
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 時間を考慮して#2さんに良回答を差し上げましたが、とっても分かりやすかったです。

• ベストアンサー率28% (26/92)
回答No.1

It's not by reproaching people for things that you make progress.>> To reproach people doesn't help you make progress. ある単語は知らないから、日本語で翻訳できませんが、すみません

tzos
質問者

お礼

Thanks a lot! Now I'm clear what this means. I thought "things" and "that you make progress" were coupling, which was incorrect.

関連するQ&A

• provided it's not for me

provided it's not for me 全文:" Well, it turns out that I'm quite skilled at getting a date, provided it's not for me. You're going to have the house to yourself, she's going to coming over shortly and you will be cooking." "provided it's not for meの意味を教えてください!

• 「It's not unusual」の日本語訳は?

トム・ジョーンズが歌う「It's not unusual」の歌詞の日本語訳を教えてくれませんか? ちなみに英語ではこんなです↓ It's not unusual to be loved by anyone It's not unusual to have fun with anyone but when I see you hanging about with anyone It's not unusual to see me cry, oh I wanna' die It's not unusual to go out at any time but when I see you out and about it's such a crime if you should ever want to be loved by anyone, It's not unusual it happens every day no matter what you say you find it happens all the time love will never do what you want it to why can't this crazy love be mine It's not unusual, to be mad with anyone It's not unusual, to be sad with anyone but if I ever find that you've changed at anytime it's not unusual to find out that I'm in love with you whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh

• "It's Not"歌詞解説お願いします。

AIMEE MANN の It's Not という曲の歌詞についてです。 何が It's Not なのかが分かりません。文法的な解説でなく文意の解説をお願いします。 I keep going round and round on the same old circuit A wire travels underground to a vacant lot Where something I can't see interrupts the current And shrinks the picture down to a tiny dot And from behind the screen it can look so perfect But it's not So here I'm sitting in my car at the same old stop light I keep waiting for a change but I don't know what So red turns into green turning into yellow But I'm just frozen here on the same old spot And all I have to do is to press the pedal But I'm not People are tricky you can't afford to show Anything risky anything they don't know The moment you try - well kiss it goodbye So baby kiss me like a drug, like a respirator. And let me fall into the dream of the astronaut. Where I get lost in space that goes on forever. And you make all the rest just an after thought. And I believe it's you who could make it better. But it's not. No it's not

• It's just politicesの訳し方

アメリカの政治家などが、It's politics!とかIt's just politicsということがあるのですが、どのように訳していいのかわかりません。どなたか教えてください。 オバマ大統領の記者会見 移民法案の通過をさせない共和党を批判して、 Their argument seems to be that because the system's broken, we shouldn't make an effort to fix it. It makes no sense. It's not on the level. It's just politics. Plain and simple http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/06/30/president-obama-speaks-immigration-reform より引用 英語で説明している人もいますが、日本語でどう訳していいものかわかりません。 http://stevemasover.blogspot.jp/2011/09/what-do-people-mean-by-its-just.html

• not ~ because の文について

not ~because の文について You are not great because you know many things.は、「物知りだからといって、あなたは偉いわけではない。 」と訳されていました。これだと偉くないことを強調しているみたいですが、この英文は、You are great not because you know many things. や You are great by an another reason と言い換えられますか。この場合だと、「あなたの物知りなことが、偉い理由ではない。」や「あなたが偉いのは他の理由によるものだ。」と偉いことに重きをおけます。 他の英文だと、I don't like you because you are beautiful.は、 I like you not because you are beautiful や l like you by an another reason..に置き換えられますか?

• 入試問題長文の訳

御世話になります。 文の構造と訳がわからないところがあります。 For all the things shyness is,there are a number of things it's not. For one , it's not simple introversion. If you stay home on a Friday night just because you prefer a good book to a loud party, you're not necessarily shy-not unless the prospect of the party makes you so anxious that what you're really doing is avoiding it. 第1文のFor allは「~だけれども」ですか?the things の後に関係代名詞が省略されていますか?       notの後に何が省略されていますか。文全体の訳仕方もわかりません。 第3文のnot unlessの訳と prospectの訳は「予想」?   途中の文は省略します。 Still,even by that definition,there re plenty of shy people to gp around. More tha 30% of us may qualify as shy,says Ken,a remarkably high number for a condition many folks don't even admit to. a conditionの後に関係代名詞が省略されていますか? toの後は何が省略されていますか。 よろしくおねがいします。

• noとnotの違いについて

「それはあなたにとって良くありません」を英文で表すとき、 That is no better for you. That is not better for you. のどちらでも表現できますか? また、両者に違いはありますか?

• 和訳 key people

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします(外国人です) But by the time you get to the second chapter, you will understand that you are one of the key people involved. しかし、第2章に入ると、あなたが関わっている主要な人物のひとりであることを理解するでしょう。

• I've told people~の訳

I've told people, the thing about thie movie, why it works, it has so much heart. It's not what you expect going in,but it's why you loved it so much,is you are rooting for these two. 監督と批評家が話していて、批評家が作品について褒めているようなのですが この言葉は、どのような意味になるのでしょうか。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。these twoは登場人物の男女を指しています。

• We’re not heroes for

夫 We’re not heroes for having unprotected sex on prom night. 妻  I get it, now that you know you could’ve had it better, you resent me for holding you back. 夫 Well now that we know you think the tables are turning, we know you thought there were unturned tables. 夫婦げんかをしているようなのですが、どんなことを言っているのかが分かりません。訳を教えていただけないでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。