レッチワースへの訪問と都市計画に関する質問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 日本の都市計画における課題とレッチワースの対策について質問
  • レッチワースの成長と不動産価格についての質問
  • レッチワースの現在の課題と方針について質問
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の確認です。

英文の確認です。 海外にメールを送りたいので確認をお願いします。 今年の2月に日本からレッチワースへ訪問しました。 世界初の街、完成後100年を経た街を見て、都市計画に携わるものとして、再び初心を思い起しました。 博物館と街を見て、いくつか気になったことがありますので質問させてもらいます。 I visited to Letchworth on this March. I could see the town that was built the fastest in the world and had started people as a new town at last. I who am city planner was moved and remembered my original intention again. Then I got some questions at that time and ask you about Letchworth. 日本では、人口が減少し、郊外の住宅地は空洞化しつつあります。イギリス国内やレッチワースではそのような問題が発生してないのでしょうか? Some of Japanese new town has started increasing vacated residential estate, because Japanese population has been decreasing since 2007. Do your country and Letchworth have the same problem? また、同様に駅前の商店街が空洞化して、社会問題になっていますが、レッチワースではそのような問題を発生させていないようでした。そして、どのような対策を講じているのでしょうか? And many of shopping arcades has also started increasing it, how about Letchworth? What kind of preventive measures have you taken? 駅前からの道を再整備していましたが、これは市の事業なのでしょうか、それとも財団の事業なのでしょうか? The street in front of the Letchworth had been under the construction in order to increase the green and the bench. Which had it constructed by city or the foundation? レッチワースの不動産価格は周辺と比較して、高くなっているのでしょうか? Is the estate in Letchworth more expensive than near another cities. 現在の課題と今後の方針を教えてください。 Please tell me the current problem and your policy about present days.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

こんにちは。こんな感じでどうでしょうか。XX は名称部分です。 I am XX and visited Letchworth from Japan in February this year. I enjoyed seeing the town, one of the first new towns in the World, experiencing one hundred years, and as a city planner I was moved, remembering my original intention. After visiting the XX Museum and walking in the town, I got several questions and would like to ask you. In Japan population has been decreasing since 2007, and some new towns in Japan started to experience hollowing. Do your country and town have the same problem? Also, many arcades in front of railway stations in Japan have been facing hollowing, and it's one of our social issues. However, this issue didn't seem to happen in your town. What kind of preventive measures have you taken? I saw that there was a construction on the street in front of the XX station in the town in order to increase green landscape and benches. Is the project by your town or a foundation? Compared to neighboring towns, has real-estate value in the town been increasing? I would appreciate if you could also tell me current problems in your town and policies for the future.

saiayanama
質問者

お礼

長い文章の添削ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• nochi3
  • ベストアンサー率55% (249/450)
回答No.2

I visited Letchworth in this February, as a representative from Japan. I saw the world’s first town which was founded 100years ago and it reminded me of my original intention again as one of city planners. Sightseeing in the town and the museum, I had some problems about it. I would like to ask you some questions about Letchworth to you. As you know, in Japan the population has been decreasing and the building estate in suburban area has been becoming hollowed out. Isn’t there such a same problem as Japan in England and Letchworth? And the shopping districts in front of the station have been losing the substance all the same. We now recognize it as a social problem. How about Letchworth? I didn’t think I can find such a problem there. What kind of preventive measures have you taken? The street in front of Letchworth was under the reconstruction in order to increase the green and the bench. Is this a city’s project or the foundation’s? Is the estate near Letchworth more expensive than near other cities? Please tell me the current problem and your policy in the future, if you have. Sincerely http://eow.alc.co.jp/hollow+out/UTF-8/ を参照しました。 ご参考に!

saiayanama
質問者

お礼

長い文章の添削ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• hold out on

I have recently started to have some serious anger issues toward my older sister. She has had a major drug problem for years so I started to slowly cut her out of my and my husband and child’s lives. We tried it all, interventions, etc., but nothing worked. When my father passed away in 2012, it was his wish that we split everything 50/50. She started selling equipment and pocketed the money. Once I found out about it, we had a huge blowup. I started the process to open his estate and wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. She held out on things she wanted: his house, my grandparents’ home, an empty lot. hold out onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend has always been upfront with me about not wanting children. We discussed it once in depth pretty early on in the relationship and we’ve been together for nearly 12 years now. I always thought I was okay about not having children. It’s something I’ve felt pretty ambiguous about and I definitely haven’t had much in the way of maternal feelings in the past. I definitely haven’t hadはsomethingにかかっているのでしょうか?It’s something I’ve felt pretty ambiguous about and I definitely haven’t had much in the way of maternal feelings in the past.の訳もよろしくお願いします

• 次の英文に誤りがあるのでしょうか。

和文:彼が何を考えているのか、まるでわからない。 英文:I haven't the the least idea of what he has in mind. 上記の英文ですが正しいのでしょうか。 私は、I haven't had the least idea of what he has in mind. 若しくは、I don't have the least idea of what he has in mind. のどちらかが正しいと思うのですが、先の英文に誤りはないのでしょうか。

• 英文の全訳をどうかお願いします

The Japanese export boom has expanded American's awareness of Japanese culture. About 50% of all articles about Japan in the American press still deal with business and economic subject, but a growing number, well over 20%, are on Japanese culture and thought. Daily newspapers and weekly news maga-zines print regular articles on Japanese design, fash-ion, social problems, politics, and sports.Just five years ago it was very rare to see anything to do with cable networks have regular weekly half-hour shows devoted solely to what is happening in Japan. Every afternoon Japanese cartoons delight American chil-dren. The Japanese presence has been especially noticeable in television commercials. Mr. Morita of Sony holds up his American Express card and asks us, "Do you know me?" A Federal Express delivery commercial brags that Japanese executives study its operation to learn efficiency. One of the more amus-ing commercials shows a sumo stable master scolding a wrestler for liking Diet Pepsi so much he has lost weight. Kirin beer ads show Americans the pleasures of beer with sushi.

• 英文の全訳をどうかお願いします

Japanese culture is now "in", especially as the demand for Japanese products has spread from the showroom to supermarket shelves and restaurants. Sushi has become a national fad. New York City has literally hundreds of Japanese restaurants, but you can find them in small towns as well. Tofu is everywhere and is even used as a base for substitute ice cream. On a recent trip to a supermarket in southern New Hampshire I found the following items: Cup Noodles, Sapporo Ichi-ban romen, daikon, shoga, miso, gyoza, skins, shoyu, taro-imo, gobo, and shiso. Futon have become popular as alternative mattresses and in some cities you can even have tatami installed in your floors by Japanese craftsmen. The growing strength of Japan has also had a drastic effect on the Japanese perception of America and Americans. Japan has never before approached this kind of equality with the U.S. and sometimes has difficulty coping with the new reality. Now that Japan has attained great power status in the postwar world, it sometimes seems as if the Japanese do not know what to do with that status. Certainly there is a great deal of well-deserved pride in what has been accomplished, but there is also an unfortunate tend-ency to took down on the United States as a fallen giant. It is almost as if some Japanese could not believe that they could have achieved equality with the U.S.; the U.S. must have fallen to their level.

• 英文の全訳をどうかお願いします

Another significant problem is the Americanization of Japan. Many Japanese feel that the price of development has been the substitution of American culture and values for traditional Japanese culture and values. Wherever one goes in Japan, in rural as well as urban areas, one sees the symbols of Amer-icanization--fast-food restaurants, American music, American-style clothing, American sports, American movies, even California sake and California maki. More and more young salarimen who travel to America for business and pleasure come back with a desire for the affluence and freedom of their American counterparts. Indeed, some Japanese businessmen who are sent to the U.S. for training never come back. The desirability and inevitability of the Amer-icanization of Japan will be discussed in another chapter. Suffice it to say here that it has become the symbol of change brought on by Japan's economic success.

• 英文の和訳に困っています。皆さんお願いします。

英文の和訳に困っています。皆さんお願いします。 The number of Japanese living in Britain has been growing fast over the last 30 years or so. In 1970, fewer than 3,000 Japanese lived in Britain; now there are more than 60,000 which makes them the third largest group of Japanese living abroad ( after those living in the United States and Brazil ). A couple of thousand have officially settled in Britain, but most are living in Britain for work or to study, mainly in and around London. Scotland and south Wales are each home to about a thousand Japanese workers and their families; some also live in north-east England, where Nissan makes cars. 翻訳サイトを使わないで、翻訳していただけると助かります。

• 英文訳お願いいたします。

Positive Influences Although the initial reaction to the increased strength of the Japanese economy was negative, there have since been many positive effects on the Japanese-American relationship. Most important of all, it has for the first time allowed americans to identify with Japan, and forced Americans to under-stand Japan as a real country. When America was dominant or in conflict, it was easy to dismiss Japan with superficial stereotypes. Before the introduction of high-quality consumer goods into the american market Japan had been a remote, exotic, psychologi-cally inaccessible place most amercans. It was, now Americans found themselves forced to compete directly with the Japanese and to understand them. That, in a sense, has made the Japanese less exotic, more immediate, and, in some ways, more Western. Americans perceived similarities as they were forced to get to know the Japanese better, especially in the superficialities of urban life --clothing, food, environ-ment, daily commute. The rapidly increasing number of Americans who traveled to Japan for business and pleasure noted the similarities they found. These were partly a result of the Americanization of Japan since the occupation and partly the similarities that exist between any two industrially developed countries.

• 次の英文を訳して下さい。

1 Information about housing on and off campus is available through the Office of Real Estate and Housing Services. 特にon and off の部分 2 His father may have been with him every step of the way, but when Koji Morofushi picked up the hammer in Athens, he was in his own. 特にin his ownの部分

• 英文の邦訳を願います。

In a scientific paper published in 1672 about “shining flesh,” Boyle inserted a narrative about the “night before,” and set up a mousetrap of his own, a fact-within-a-fact, so to speak: Yesterday, when I was about to go to bed, an amanuensis of mine, accustomed to make observations, informed me, that one of the servants of the house, going upon some occasion to the larder, was frightened by something luminous, that she saw . . . where the meat had been hung up before. Whereupon, suspending for a while my going to rest, I presently sent for the meat into my chamber, and caused it to be placed in a corner of a room capable of being made considerably dark, and then I plainly saw, both with wonder and delight, that the joint of meat did, in divers places, shine like rotten wood or stinking fish; which was so uncommon a sight, that I had presently thought of inviting you to be a sharer in the pleasure of it. (quoted in Daston and Park 1998:13) 上記英文を御訳し下さい。