• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

この英語の意味を教えてください

この英語の意味を教えてください 全文: "How should one read a book? In the first place, I want to emphasis the note of interrogation at the end of my title. Even if I could answer the question for myself, the answer would apply only to me and not you. The only advise, indeed, that one person can give another about reading is to take no advise, to follow your own instincts, to use your own reason, to come to your own conclusions. If this is agreed between us, then I feel at liberty to put forward a few ideas and suggestions because you will not allow them to fetter that independence which is the most important quality that a reader can possess." この文章の中にあるこの↓英語の意味を教えてください *note of interrogation *one person can give another about reading *feel at liberty *you will not allow them to fetter that independence

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数151
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (14913/31773)

1。この本、あるいは記事の題の最後に「はてなマーク」がついていませんか?「疑問のしるし」です。 2。実際、「一人の人間が読書について他に人に与えられる」ただ一つのアドバイスはアドバイスを聞くなということだ。 3。安心して~できる。 4。読者が持つ最も大切なもの、すなわち「独立(誰にも囚われないということ)を束縛することを貴方は許さない」からだ。=貴方が私の意見を何にも束縛されずに自由に批判し反対することがでかるなら、私も「安心して」好きなことが言える。  少しもったいぶった言い方ですが、僕の言うことを、ほっといてくれたら、僕も勝手なことが言える,という意味です。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 日本語のセンスのある方和訳をお願いします

My tardiness in answering your letter was not due to press of business. Do not listen to that sort of excuse; I am at liberty, and so is anyone else who wishes to be at liberty. No man is at the mercy of affairs. He gets entangled in them of his own accord, and then flatters himself that being busy is a proof of happiness.

• Give me liberty, or Give me deathのスピーチの日本語訳知りませんか?

どなたか、Patrick Henryの有名なスピーチ「Give me liberty, or Give me death」の日本語訳を教えていただけないでしょうか?今どうしても必要で、困っています。ネットでは見つけることができず、また自分で訳そうとしてみたのですが、非常に難しく無理でした。必要としているのは”My president, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope.”で始まり、”Give me liberty, or Give me death.”で終わる文章です。どこか一部分でもかまいません。よろしくお願いします。

• エラーの英語の意味がわかりません。

続けての質問ですいません。 エラーの原因がわかりません。 This is the Postfix program at host hakase.htb.co.jp. I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not be delivered to one or more destinations. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the message returned below. The Postfix program

• 英文和訳

The only advice that one person can give another about reading is to take no advice, to follow your own instincts, to use your own reason, to come to your own conclusions. After all, what laws can be laid down about books? Each must decide for himself. To admit authorities into our libraries and let them tell us how to read, what to read, is to destroy the spirit of freedom. Everywhere else we may be bound by laws and conventions. この文章を和訳したいのですが、うまく訳せません。解説の方お願いします。  読書について、ある人が与えることのできる唯一の助言は、助言をしない、自分自身の本能に従い、自分自身の理性を使い、自分が持つ結論に 達するということである。結局、本について何が命令されうるのか? それぞれが、自分で決めななければならないのだ。私たちの読書の中にある権威を認めることと、私たちにどの様に読むのか、何を読むかということを教えてしまうことは、自由の精神を壊してしまうことなのだ。 あらゆるとことで、私たちは、ならわしやしきたりにしばられているのかもしれない。

• 意味がつかめないです

意味のつかめない文章があるので教えてください。 1. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well. 特にat allがわかりません。 2. I fell asleep reading. I remember other things I was doing before reading, but it's all a blur. itは何を指しているんでしょうか。 3. My hair is in need of a conditioning due to the excessively dry weather and that should leave me most relaxed. 「ものすごく乾燥した気候のせいで私の髪はコンディショニングが必要」まではわかるのですが、thatより後がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 会話

何回もすいません… Japan is one of the places I would to go. I would also like to go to Europe. There even parts of my own country that I've never been to and would like to see この文はどうゆう意味なんでしょうか。また返事の仕方も教えて頂けるとありがたいです。

• Q) 同じ意味になるように...

「目を合わせるべきか、そらすべきか」という長文からの問題です。 When a speaker asks a question of a large audience,each member of the group may choose to engage or avoid of the speaker. The likelihood of being called on to answer is considerably greater if one looks at the speaker that if one looks away from him. という文章の真ん中"The likelihood of .....greater" までを  One is much ( )( ) to be called on to answer と同じ意味になるようにする場合、2つの(  )の中には何を入れればよいのでしょうか?(more) (likely) ではおかしいでしょうか? お教え下さい。

• 英文和訳

People forget how important it is to be lazy in libraries. Not of course idle: idleness means daydreaming. Laziness means reading the books one ought not to be reading, and becoming so absorbed in them that at the end of the day you still have most of the reading to do that you had before you that morning. Creative laziness broadens the mind.  人は図書館で怠けることがどんなに重要であるかを忘れている。もちろん、idleではない。idlenessとは、空想にふけるということを意味するのだ。Lazinessとは、人が読むに値しない本を読むことを意味するのだ。 分からないところはthat at the end of the day you still have most of the reading to do that you had before you that morning. です。 ここの部分の構造がどのようになっているか詳しく教えていただけると嬉しいです。 また、the books one ought not to be readingは直訳すると、「人が読むべきでない本」となりますがこれでは日本語としてどうなのかと思ったので、「人が読むに値しない本」と訳したのですがこうやって訳してもいいのでしょうか?

• 同じ意味になるような英語、どれが正しい?

ほぼ同じ意味になるような英語の問題、どれが正しいか教えてください 英語の問題ですが、自分になりに答えを考えてみましたが、どれが正しいか分かりません。 出来れば覚えやすく、簡単な英語を使おうと考えました。 他の答えもあると思いますが、ずばり答えを解説付きで回答して頂けると、大変助かります。 分かる方教えてください。よろしくお願い致します。 A.ほぼ同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語(旬)を入れなさい。 Please remember me to your family. → Please give my ( ) to your family. (1)Please give my best to your family. (2)Please give my regard to your family. (3)Please give my good regard to your family. B.ほぼ同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語(旬)を入れなさい。 Is this her first visit to Nagoya? → Is this the first time ( ) to Nagoya? (1)Is this the first time she goes to Nagoya? (2)Is this the first time that she visit to Nagoya? C.ほぼ同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語(旬)を入れなさい。 You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. → I have ( ) such a beautiful woman like you. (1)I have not seen such a beautiful woman like you. (2)I have never seen such a beautiful woman like you. D.ほぼ同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語(旬)を入れなさい。 I stay up late, and she wakes up early. → I'm a night person, and she's an ( ). (1)I'm a night person, and she's an early bird. (2)I'm a night person, and she's an early riser. E.ほぼ同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語(旬)を入れなさい。 Does she live in this area? → Is she living ( )? (1)Is she living near here? (2)Is she living around here? (3)Is she living about here? F.ほぼ同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語(旬)を入れなさい。 Now I understand. → So that ( ). (1)So that explains. (2)So that explains it.

• 空所に入る適語を選ぶ(英語)

1、My jacket is the same as (). (1)you(2)your(3)yours(4)yourself 2、I forgot to bring a pen.Can you lend me (). (1)it(2)one(3)them(4)other 3、The price of water is higher than ()of beer in this country. (1)it(2)one(3)them(4)that 4、Would you like ()cup of coffee? (1)other(2)another(3)the other(4)the another 5、All living things depend on one (). (1)other(2)another(3)the other(4)the another 6、()of the students has to wear a uniform. (1)Each(2)Every(3)All(4)Some 7、This is not my bicycle but (). (1)somebody else(2)somebody's else (3)somebody else's(4)somebody elses' 8、I'm thirsty.Can you give me ()to drink? (1)some cold thing(2)something cold (3)could something(4)some cold 9、()present at the meeting were surprised at his appearance. (1)Any(2)Some(3)That(4)Those 10、Some of the boys like baseball and ()like soccer. (1)other(2)others(3)the other(4)another 11、The Olympics are held ()four years. (1)each(2)all(3)every(4)another 12、I don't like (). (1)your that necktie(2)that your necktie (3)your necktie of that(4)that necktieof yours 13、I have two cars.One is made in Japan, and()is made in Germany. (1)other(2)another(3)the other(4)the another 14、There are five chairs.I'll carry these two.Please carry(). (1)other(2)others(3)the other(4)the others お願いします!